PDA

View Full Version : How To Be Poor Making $250,000 A Year

SteelerEmpire
09-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Advice For The 'Poor Rich': (Some people just aren't good with money... And 'the NERVE' of some people... SE)

In case you haven't heard, he's the University of Chicago law professor who unwisely blogged last week about his financial woes in a post headlined "We Are the Super Rich."

Mr. Henderson and his wife, an oncologist, make more than $250,000 a year, and apparently they're struggling to get by. If President Barack Obama gets his wicked way, and tax rates rise for those earning more than $250,000 a year, Mr. Henderson says it will mean real sacrifice in his family.

LINK: http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/110801/advice-for-the-poor-rich?mod=bb-budgeting

7SteelGal43
09-25-2010, 09:25 AM
cry me a freakin RIVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GBMelBlount
09-25-2010, 09:54 AM
You can also agree with their concerns solely on the principle that it is their money. *shrug*

Godfather
09-25-2010, 03:07 PM
Letting them keep their money on principle is one thing. But I don't want to hear about hardship.

I could live VERY comfortably on $40-$50K.

GBMelBlount
09-25-2010, 03:26 PM
But I don't want to hear about hardship.

Hardship?

You mean like the government crying that they can't make ends meet with a couple trillion in tax revenue every year?:faint:

The Patriot
09-25-2010, 03:33 PM
cry me a freakin RIVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So wait... do we actually all agree that the Bush tax cuts should expire? :huh:

GodfatherofSoul
09-25-2010, 05:51 PM
I love it. Part of the reason that you can't have real debates about class in this country is that so many people in the middle and upper class have no concept of what it is to be poor. Apparently, overextending yourself on $250K a year so you can barely afford your $750K house and $100K cars is on a par with "poor" (whatever this guy is doing w/ his money).

GBMelBlount
09-25-2010, 07:23 PM
I love it. Part of the reason that you can't have real debates about class in this country is that so many people in the middle and upper class have no concept of what it is to be poor. Apparently, overextending yourself on $250K a year so you can barely afford your $750K house and $100K cars is on a par with "poor" (whatever this guy is doing w/ his money).

I love it. Part of the reason you can't have a debate about freedom and liberty in this country is that so many people are steeped in class envy and getevenwithemism that they overlook the fact that the government is also living way beyond their means and instead of cutting back and living within their means they just increase taxes, take more of peoples hard earned money and continue to deficit spend.

Apparently some governments just can't live on two trillion dollars a year. :grin:

SteelerEmpire
09-26-2010, 03:42 AM
I love it. Part of the reason you can't have a debate about freedom and liberty in this country is that so many people are steeped in class envy and getevenwithemism that they overlook the fact that the government is also living way beyond their means and instead of cutting back and living within their means they just increase taxes, take more of peoples hard earned money and continue to deficit spend.

Apparently some governments just can't live on two trillion dollars a year. :grin:

This is America... we have "Unlimited" money...

GodfatherofSoul
09-26-2010, 11:18 AM

Just curious. What do you think stimulus spending is? And, how do you feel about Republican plans to borrow money to finance tax cuts on the rich?

GBMelBlount
09-26-2010, 02:56 PM
GodfatherofSoul;61792]

Just curious. What do you think stimulus spending is?

Well, it's not deceiving Americans into a trillion dollars of deficit spending at a cost of a million dollars per short term job.

The only thing that stimulates is the anuses of the taxpayers. lol.

Godfatherofsoul

And, how do you feel about Republican plans to borrow money to finance tax cuts on the rich?

Tax cuts work to stimulate jobs and the economy.

It worked under Reagan and it's good economic and common sense that the job creators will create more jobs more efficiently than government. You will lose this debate hands down.

What it comes down to is that government can't seem to make ends meet with two trillion of taxpayers money each year and for some reason cutbacks are not an option.

Why?

Are you aware that the average federal government employee makes TWICE what the private sector employees make?

So please explain why government does not need to be accountable or cut back when times are hard like everyone else?

Godfather
09-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Just curious. What do you think stimulus spending is? And, how do you feel about Republican plans to borrow money to finance tax cuts on the rich?

Tax cuts aren't financed. The government borrows money to finance spending.

BnG_Hevn
09-28-2010, 11:54 AM

how do you finance tax cuts? Tax cuts mean you don't take as much. Since you don't don't take as much, you balance your own budget and allow those entities that are "given" their OWN money manage their finances. It it's a business (a growing one at least) then it translates into more jobs. More jobs = more people paying lower taxes = MORE TAXES PAID!!!!

Now, what the government chooses to do with that additional "income" or revenue is up to them but you can't argue about the fact that they would HAVE more revenue.

It really boggles my mind that dems don't understand basic economics. I'm not economic major and I understand it. I work with a few people that are pretty intelligent and they just don't get it.