PDA

View Full Version : Art Rooney II: No 'culture problem' for the Steelers

hawaiiansteeler
01-18-2019, 02:46 PM
Art Rooney II: No 'culture problem' for the Steelers

SEAN GENTILLE
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

"The first test for me is the performance on the field. ... And I think the record speaks for itself."

to read rest of article:

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2019/01/18/art-rooney-II-steelers-antonio-brown-trade-rumors/stories/201901180112

Mojouw
01-18-2019, 02:51 PM
This is gonna get ugly...

AtlantaDan
01-18-2019, 03:40 PM

When AJRII was told to get more involved that was supposed to mean more involved in firing coaches, not more involved in speaking out in defending the organization in which he has been actively involved all along. :confused:

Fire AJRII!!!

Shoes
01-18-2019, 03:45 PM
He sure is focused on those 13 games last year. Hey Art the Steelers won 4 SB in the 1970's too. His Mother would do a better job. :chuckle:

zulater
01-18-2019, 04:07 PM
He's right. When people walk into the Steelers facility they sense class. Not chaos. Between coaches, players, staff, ownership, the supposed clown show was limited to about 4 main players. James Harrison, Leveon Bell, AB, and Martavis Bryant. All gone now. If you want to include Ben or Tomlin that's on you. I don't think it extends beyond public perception.

Can't wait until next season when AB and Lev Bell start delivering their headaches elsewhere. And the Steeler culture comes back to where it is supposed to be.

Last thing. There was no hint or rumor of the Steelers being dysfunctional until AB has his sideline temper tantrum, Then James Harrison and Martavis started their shit . Then Lev followed up by not showing up for the Jaguar playoff game walkthrough. There's your problems. None they're gone.

Shoes
01-18-2019, 04:14 PM
He's right. When people walk into the Steelers facility they sense class. Not chaos. Between coaches, players, staff, ownership, the supposed clown show was limited to about 4 main players. James Harrison, Leveon Bell, AB, and Martavis Bryant. All gone now. If you want to include Ben or Tomlin that's on you. I don't think it extends beyond public perception.

Can't wait until next season when AB and Lev Bell start delivering their headaches elsewhere. And the Steeler culture comes back to where it is supposed to be.

Last thing. There was no hint or rumor of the Steelers being dysfunctional until AB has his sideline temper tantrum, Then James Harrison and Martavis started their shit . Then Lev followed up by not showing up for the Jaguar playoff game walkthrough. There's your problems. None they're gone.

Maybe they will be on the same team. :lol:

DesertSteel
01-18-2019, 04:47 PM
de·ni·al
/dəˈnīəl/Submit
noun
the action of declaring something to be untrue.
"she shook her head in denial"
synonyms: contradiction, counterstatement, refutation, rebuttal, repudiation, disclaimer, retraction, abjuration; More
a statement that something is not true.
plural noun: denials
"official denials"
synonyms: contradiction, counterstatement, refutation, rebuttal, repudiation, disclaimer, retraction, abjuration; More
the refusal of something requested or desired.
"the denial of insurance to people with certain medical conditions"
synonyms: refusal, withholding, withdrawal; More

zulater
01-18-2019, 05:00 PM
de·ni·al
/dəˈnīəl/Submit
noun
the action of declaring something to be untrue.
"she shook her head in denial"
a statement that something is not true.
plural noun: denials
"official denials"
the refusal of something requested or desired.
"the denial of insurance to people with certain medical conditions"
synonyms: refusal, withholding, withdrawal; More

Read the Wexall article. There's no widespread chaos or discord in that facility that can't be sanitized with the extermination of the rats already eliminated.

Shoes
01-18-2019, 05:45 PM
I read an article from Lolley today which among other things mentioned the Steeler circus atmosphere.

As for the idea that the Steelers are some kind of out-of-control circus, Rooney disputed that.“As far as I’m concerned, it’s nonsense,” Rooney said. “We work hard to get to where we are. I think you evaluate the season, we didn’t achieve our goal of winning the division, but we finished a half-game of winning the division. :lol: :lol:

st33lersguy
01-18-2019, 07:57 PM
Sorry Art but pretending a problem isn't there won't make it go away.

- - - Updated - - -

I read an article from Lolley today which among other things mentioned the Steeler circus atmosphere.

As for the idea that the Steelers are some kind of out-of-control circus, Rooney disputed that.“As far as I’m concerned, it’s nonsense,” Rooney said. “We work hard to get to where we are. I think you evaluate the season, we didn’t achieve our goal of winning the division, but we finished a half-game of winning the division. :lol: :lol:

So glad the standard is that and not you know winning a Super Bowl

AtlantaDan
01-18-2019, 08:07 PM

Wexell took shots at other writers in his article for bringing that up rather than asking questions that deserved respect like those asked by Wexell.

The questions regarding in-house soap operas continued all season, and most noticeably with the quarterback. It also became noticeable that the quarterback hated those questions, and his replies carried, in my opinion, the lack of respect such questions deserved. And also in my opinion, he's currently being paid back for that attitude.

Call me an enabler if you like, but I only asked Roethlisberger football questions.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Ben-Roethlisberger-unjustly-taking-blame-for-alleged-team-drama-127949110/

Apparently discord within the Steelers has spread to those who cover the Steelers

86WARD
01-18-2019, 08:11 PM
AB (and LeVeon for that matter) aren’t gone...yet.

Shoes
01-18-2019, 09:14 PM
AB (and LeVeon for that matter) aren’t gone...yet.

Maybe they both stay and help the no culture problem. I think it's amazing that Art can find comfort that the team came within a half-game of winning the division, even though the Steelers had a two-game lead over the Ravens who were in a nose dive. Over and out :salute::salute: