PDA

View Full Version : A challenge filled with love

vader29
01-17-2019, 05:05 PM
Ryan Switzer loves a challenge. And he especially loves one that helps out others, in particular kids.

That’s why when earlier this year, after Colin Dunlap from 93.7 The Fan made some snarky comments about the Steelers play calling on Twitter, specifically mentioning throwing the ball to Ryan Switzer, the receiver reacted. After some back and forth banter between Switzer and Dunlap it turned into doing something positive. Dunlap offered $20 per catch to a charity of Switzer’s choice, and Switzer agreed and pledged $40 per catch to the oncology unit at UPMC Children’s Hospital, where Dunlap’s seven-year old daughter Darran is a patient.

On Thursday Switzer presented a check to UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh for $18,177 for cancer care, reflecting donations from Switzer and Dunlap, as well as others who got involved in the Ryan Switzer Reception Challenge, which includes some of his teammates as well as fans.

“What makes this so special is it’s something that wasn’t planned. It just kind of happened,” said Switzer. “I think those are the most meaningful things in life. When you don’t have a plan, you just go with the flow. I had no anticipation it would catch on like that.

“This has been something that is really special, something I will take with me for the rest of my life.”

Read more: https://www.steelers.com/news/a-challenge-filled-with-love