PDA

View Full Version : over / under Steelers wins in 2019

Dwinsgames
01-16-2019, 01:00 PM
with the changes to the coaching staff that has been made to date ..

1 Coach let go ( Porter )

1 coach choosing to not renew without another job on the table ( Saxon )

1 coach making a lateral move for same job elsewhere ( Munchak )

steelers win total in 2019 will be ....

DesertSteel
01-16-2019, 01:39 PM
I’d say 9-7 or 8-8 again. Browns win division.

st33lersguy
01-16-2019, 01:52 PM
8-8 or 9-7. They will not do enough to make the playoffs but will do just enough for Tomlin and other coaches to get fired and for the organization to pretend everything is fine. So frustrating

cubanstogie
01-16-2019, 01:56 PM
I said 10 last year and will stick with 10 again with division win. Bengals last, Ravens third and Browns move up to second at 9-7. I still don't think Mayfield will be consistent enough yet but do think they will be better. Defending Jackson will get easier and don't see them as good.

Born2Steel
01-16-2019, 02:10 PM
16-1. (Just salting wounds)

zulater
01-16-2019, 02:34 PM
11-5 possibly 12-4. Still elite OL. QB. Top tier RB and WR. Solid TE's. (80+ catches 1,000+ yards) Good core nucleus on defense to build around including emerging star Watt. Slightly more favorable schedule. ( Steeler had hardest schedule among teams with winning record) Biggest factors will be a more favorable run to pass ratio and a pissed off Ben. According to Ryan Clark Ben is the most competitive person he's ever met. Be it ping pong, bowling, horse, he's about never gets beat. I also think Ben hears everything. He's taken more blind side hits this offseason from the press and talking heads than he's taken in 15 NFL seasons on the field. He's made millionaires out of Mike Wallace and Santonio Holmes. He made Martavis Bryant flash brilliant. He made the dreadful Sammie Coates look like an NFL receiver for a while. AB leaving is just something to overcome. And he will, and the Steelers will. And Ben will make snide off the cuff remarks to troll all those that tried to take him down this winter afterwards. And I'll love every minute of it!

cubanstogie
01-16-2019, 02:56 PM
11-5 possibly 12-4. Still elite OL. QB. Top tier RB and WR. Solid TE's. (80+ catches 1,000+ yards) Good core nucleus on defense to build around including emerging star Watt. Slightly more favorable schedule. ( Steeler had hardest schedule among teams with winning record) Biggest factors will be a more favorable run to pass ratio and a pissed off Ben. According to Ryan Clark Ben is the most competitive person he's ever met. Be it ping pong, bowling, horse, he's about never gets beat. I also think Ben hears everything. He's taken more blind side hits this offseason from the press and talking heads than he's taken in 15 NFL seasons on the field. He's made millionaires out of Mike Wallace and Santonio Holmes. He made Martavis Bryant flash brilliant. He made the dreadful Sammie Coates look like an NFL receiver for a while. AB leaving is just something to overcome. And he will, and the Steelers will. And Ben will make snide off the cuff remarks to troll all those that tried to take him down this winter afterwards. And I'll love every minute of it!
I think you are right about the receivers. I listen to everyone talk about how AB is the best and you can't replace him but the drop off from the best WR's say the top 5 to the next 5 or 10 is not much. They all make sick one handed catches and toe tap in end zone now. It used to be a great catch and it seems they all have stepped it up and make the highlight reel catches. We watch the guy week in and week out and he is amazing. If you watch other teams as much you will the the same stuff for the top 10-15 guys. He will be missed but his numbers can be made up. The part that worries me is the stuff that stats don't show like how much he is doubled allowing JuJu and Vance or RB in the flat to get more open.

pczach
01-16-2019, 03:40 PM
There is absolutely no way to make an educated guess on this without seeing how the entire offseason plays out. We don't know if Antonio Brown will be on the team or if they make a trade and get additional players or draft picks. We also have no way of knowing what the draft class will look like or what free agents will be signed. When you combine that with not knowing how many of the teams own free agents will be re-signed....we literally know next to nothing.

I know this is supposed to be fun, but I won't do it!:party:

Moose
01-16-2019, 03:55 PM
Some interesting reads, but I'm gonna have to side along with pczach in that there is just too much of a open slate to bet on. No Defense or Special teams changes worth a crap, kicker ?, CBs.....just question marks everywhere. Draft, training camp will give us some ideas, but with improved Ravens, improved Brown's and the globetrotter bungholes ... nothing is a gimmee.

86WARD
01-16-2019, 06:13 PM
Hard to say now but considering the off-season goes as normal and they trade AB for a first round pick, 7-8-9 wins. Still not enough starters. Not enough depth. Good thing is they play a weaker schedule than normal.

teegre
01-16-2019, 08:44 PM
17-0

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-16-2019, 09:09 PM
8-8

Just keep slinging the ball around the yard and living with the game changing INT's. Most likely will only be able to address improving 1 of the 3 spots of ILB, RCB, OLB so the defense will be average again.

DesertSteel
01-16-2019, 10:00 PM
8-8

But the non-losing streak lives on!!! You can never fire a guy who hasn't had a losing season!

- - - Updated - - -

17-0
So they decide not to show up for the AFCC game?

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
01-16-2019, 10:20 PM
I'll take the under each week and specially if AB is gone. I just don't see the offense able to put up enough points to cover the over.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-16-2019, 11:43 PM
But the non-losing streak lives on!!! You can never fire a guy who hasn't had a losing season!

- - - Updated - - -

They are going to just shut down the NFL until Danny Smith is fired. Seems to be the way to get things done these days. :wink02:

SteelMayhem72
01-16-2019, 11:48 PM
I’d say 9-7 or 8-8 again. Browns win division.I agree and also agree about the Browns!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

teegre
01-17-2019, 12:06 AM

Burfict’s antics gets the entire Bengals team kicked out of the NFL.

The Steelers play 14 regular season games (14-0) plus the three playoff games (3-0).

Edman
01-17-2019, 12:21 AM
If AB remains: No higher than 9 wins.

If AB is traded: 7-8 wins at best.

No playoffs.

GBMelBlount
01-17-2019, 09:16 AM
13-3 - losing to Jets, Cardinals and 49ers.

Steeldude
01-17-2019, 10:10 AM
I guessed 9-7 for 2018. With Tomlin still the HC I see the team doing a little worse. 7-9 or 8-8.

Fire Goodell
01-17-2019, 11:55 AM
8-8, Tomlin is kept cause 'at least he didn't have a losing season'