PDA

View Full Version : Buccaneers blacked out again despite visit from Steelers‎

polamalubeast
09-24-2010, 05:26 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers are one of the NFL's most popular traveling road shows, a nationally beloved team known for often taking over enemy stadiums.

That won't be enough to get them on TV in Tampa.

Despite a matchup of 2-0 teams, the Steelers-Buccaneers game will be blacked out in the Tampa Bay market Sunday, the second time the Bucs have failed to sell out this season. Their opener vs. the Browns met the same fate and was the team's first blackout since 1997.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/09/buccaneers-blacked-out-again-despite-visit-from-steelers/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TP-TheHuddle+%28Sports+-+The+Huddle%29&utm_content=Twitter

chenzzo
09-24-2010, 05:43 PM
that's just sad. I've got a friend in Tampa that's going to be real disappointed.

steeldevil
09-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Well thank goodness they have a thing called NFL Sunday Ticket so you can go to almost any sports bar anywhere and watch any game you want to....

But I understand the loss of pride at not being able to watch your home town team if thats the one you pull for.

SMR
09-24-2010, 06:58 PM
that's just sad. I've got a friend in Tampa that's going to be real disappointed.

Real sad. Tampa's got no love.

ALLD
09-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Maybe they do not wish to witness the bloodbath that is about to consume thier Bucs.

smokin3000gt
09-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Man I was really looking forward to watching the game at the house this weekend!

BuddhaBus
09-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Man I was really looking forward to watching the game at the house this weekend!

Stop by my house, smokin. SUNDAY TICKET, BABY!!!! :tt03:

stlrtruck
09-24-2010, 10:52 PM
most of the sports bars will have it on, so it won't matter. And for those that have tickets, Ray Jay will still be a sea of black and gold!

Wallace108
09-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Here in Y'Town, they're showing the Clowns game instead of the Steelers this week. :doh:
I'm going over to a buddy's house to watch the game on satellite. Keep in mind ... the Steelers are 0-6 when I've watched a game at his house. I'm not shitting. ZERO AND SIX!! We've talked about this curse, but I get to watch the game and his wife makes GREAT food. But if we lose Sunday, I take full responsibility.

Canadian Steeler Nation
09-25-2010, 07:04 AM
I dont know too much about blackouts as they dont really affect us here in Canada, cant the blackout be lifted b4 game time if the games sells out?(with Steeler Nations support of course)

smokin3000gt
09-25-2010, 09:13 AM
I dont know too much about blackouts as they dont really affect us here in Canada, cant the blackout be lifted b4 game time if the games sells out?(with Steeler Nations support of course)

I was wondering the same thing. My tv guide still shows it as a steelers/bucs. DOes the blackout only black out tampa or does it black out the game everywhere?

stlrtruck
09-25-2010, 09:21 AM

The NFL rules state that the game has to sell out 3 days before the game, in this case Thursday night.

Kaeg
09-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Here in Y'Town, they're showing the Clowns game instead of the Steelers this week. :doh:
I'm going over to a buddy's house to watch the game on satellite. Keep in mind ... the Steelers are 0-6 when I've watched a game at his house. I'm not shitting. ZERO AND SIX!! We've talked about this curse, but I get to watch the game and his wife makes GREAT food. But if we lose Sunday, I take full responsibility.

Wallace...Stay home! Do it for the team! Do it for me!!!...............................on second thought, you have to break that curse some time. You can't go 0-and infinity. It's got to stop some time! Right? ..................Right?

tube517
09-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Watch it online. I can PM you some links.

SteelerSal
09-25-2010, 10:39 AM

Info like that will get your knee caps busted up to prevent you fom going to your friends house.

Seriously...time to break your losing streak!!

LayOffTheDopeTanard
09-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Very sad. I thought that we would be able to sell out with the Steelers in town. Some Bucs fans make me sick. There are so many fairweather fans in Tampa, it's unbelievable. I wish I could go to every Bucs game, but unfortunately I am stuck in New Jersey and just have to watch them on NFL Sunday Ticket every week.

Wallace108
09-25-2010, 10:47 AM
We're going to break that curse, guys. :tt03:

Watch it online. I can PM you some links.

Can you PM me some food? :noidea: :chuckle:

smokin3000gt
09-25-2010, 11:15 AM
will the game still be broadcast online even though it's blacked out? I'm not sure if it'll be on in Pitt regardless?

CPanther95
09-25-2010, 11:35 AM
http://the506.com/sports/?p=767

SteelersGirlTN7
09-25-2010, 02:15 PM

I was afraid of a similar curse .. LOL Before the Titans game last week, the last 3 games that I have gone to in person (whether at Heinz or away) we have lost ..

Here's to those curses being broken!

Wallace108
09-25-2010, 02:34 PM
I was afraid of a similar curse .. LOL Before the Titans game last week, the last 3 games that I have gone to in person (whether at Heinz or away) we have lost ..

Here's to those curses being broken!

:drink:

And with Batch playing, let's hope curses are the only thing that gets broken. :crutch:

Galax Steeler
09-25-2010, 02:41 PM
I am lucky it will be shown here again thank God.

vasteeler
09-25-2010, 04:07 PM

seriously dude........DONT GO!!!!

beSteelmyheart
09-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Well thank goodness they have a thing called NFL Sunday Ticket so you can go to almost any sports bar anywhere and watch any game you want to....

But I understand the loss of pride at not being able to watch your home town team if thats the one you pull for.

I don't get it, because the bar that we usually go to blacked out the Bucs/Browns game & they have the Ticket..they showed it for about 5 minutes or so & then it cut off. Our TV guide says that they will play it & they usaually have 2 Florida games going...If they pick Jax over the Bucs, I'm going to flip my lid!!! Who the hell cares about the Jags in this state unless the Steelers come to town?
(I actually like the Bucs for my Florida team & hope to see the game)
Edit: Fiancee says that the Tv guide HAS changed, so who knows at this point.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Is it pride, or local economy?? Are the tickets priced according to the local market in Tampa??

I was visiting friends in the area earlier this year and they were saying things are still pretty bad on the whole for the local economy. If its between paying rent or watching the Bucs, I think most gotta catch the hilights later.

stlrtruck
09-27-2010, 07:38 AM
The bar I attend was able to show the game, they used the internet to show the game, and now they could be facing legal charges from the NFL.

Wallace108
09-27-2010, 09:40 AM
curse:monkey:

:tt03:

smokin3000gt
09-27-2010, 11:29 AM
The bar I attend was able to show the game, they used the internet to show the game, and now they could be facing legal charges from the NFL.

really?? Must've been an angry bucs fan who turned them in..

stlrtruck
09-27-2010, 12:17 PM
really?? Must've been an angry bucs fan who turned them in..

Actually from what I heard is that a local TV station showed up and was reporting that they had the game on. So once it went live, he then got handed over to the NFL.

This bar isn't some lavish bar. It's really like a hole in the wall, but it's MY hole in the wall for Steelers fan and our Bay Area Fan Club. If the NFL goes after this guy over this, then maybe as a fan I should go after the NFL for keeping me away from games I want to see.

And really since the networks are paying so much money should they get to decide if the game is televised or not?