PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin Hints Coaching Staff Changes Are Coming

hawaiiansteeler
01-02-2019, 03:06 PM
Tomlin Hints Coaching Staff Changes Are Coming: ‘When You Lack Success, When You Fail, Change Is A Part Of It’

By Dave Bryan
Posted on January 2, 2019

The Pittsburgh Steelers go through changes every offseason but the upcoming one will more than likely include more changes than normal and head coach Mike Tomlin said as much on Wednesday during his end-of-the-season wrap-up press conference.

“When you lack success, when you fail, change is a part of it,” Tomlin said.

to read rest of article:

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/tomlin-hints-coaching-staff-changes-are-coming-when-you-lack-success-when-you-fail-change-is-a-part-of-it/

teegre
01-02-2019, 03:11 PM
I didn’t see the presser.

From the reports of the media in attendance, Tomlin’s demeanor was akin to the mood of an owner of a 3-12 team going into their last game. He hasn’t fired the HC, and he will not say anything more until after the game is over; plus, his words are vague.

“Keith Butler is currently our DC.”

“Will he be your DC next season?”

“Keith Butler is currently our DC.”

DesertSteel
01-02-2019, 03:12 PM
The Assistant to the Traveling Secretary is going to take the fall!

Fire Goodell
01-02-2019, 03:13 PM
There has definitely been a culture shift in the current Steelers team. I was watching some hines ward highlights the other day and just the attitude of the team then and now is like night and day. Went from a blue collar team-first mentality to a bunch of preening divas

st33lersguy
01-02-2019, 03:17 PM
Just f-ing do it already. The sooner the better.

86WARD
01-02-2019, 03:20 PM
There has definitely been a culture shift in the current Steelers team. I was watching some hines ward highlights the other day and just the attitude of the team then and now is like night and day. Went from a blue collar team-first mentality to a bunch of preening divas

Tomlin feeds that. At the same time, there’s no leadership to keep the team “grounded”. I’d rather field that 2006 team than what they have out there right now...result would probably be the same.

Michael
01-02-2019, 04:00 PM
That man should run for Congress, the Senate or Governor. He is so full of BS..

Steeldude
01-02-2019, 04:08 PM
Cool. Tomlin is resigning ; )

Six Rings
01-02-2019, 04:09 PM
That man should run for Congress, the Senate or Governor. He is so full of BS..

We might lose Munchak, and he's our best coach. Tomlin can point the finger and make his assistants goats. I'd rather have a head coach that helps his assistant coaches shine.

Art Rooney II needs to replace Tomlin. The sooner the better. 7-2-1 to 9-6-1 without any major injuries. An epic collapse.

zulater
01-02-2019, 04:10 PM

Not a bunch. Just a noisy handful. Guys like Cam Heyward, Stephen Tuitt, AV,Ramon Foster, TJ Watt, Joe Haden etc... are as solid as a rock.

Steeldude
01-02-2019, 04:11 PM

Yep. I brought this up many years ago. This team isn't about winning as a team. It's about their personal stats and celebration dances on the field. Tomlin is the reason why it turned into this mess.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-02-2019, 04:31 PM
The Assistant to the Traveling Secretary is going to take the fall!

Would be funny to see him driving around the parking lot dragging a Lombardi behind his car huh?

I think Danny Smith and Joey Porter take the fall. They wont axe Butler, but I think its time they did.

hawaiiansteeler
01-02-2019, 04:39 PM
I think Danny Smith and Joey Porter take the fall. They wont axe Butler, but I think its time they did.

personally, I hope all 3 of them are shown the door...

Shoes
01-02-2019, 04:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsH-Z6LRv84

DesertSteel
01-02-2019, 04:47 PM
Would be funny to see him driving around the parking lot dragging a Lombardi behind his car huh?

Lol. Exactly!!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EvilLongChick-size_restricted.gif

dislocatedday
01-02-2019, 04:59 PM
Yep. I brought this up many years ago. This team isn't about winning as a team. It's about their personal stats and celebration dances on the field. Tomlin is the reason why it turned into this mess.

I don't see how an assumption can be made that the whole team, or even a majority of the team, is more concerned about their own personal stats with a "me first" attitude. You are not the only person who has said something like this, so I am not singling you out, but outside of AB and Bell whom else on this team gives the impression that they are all about themselves and their own personal stats? I don't see others who give off that vibe. I think it is just likely because those two are superstars who like to spew stuff in the media that somehow their acts and attitude are getting applied to the rest of the team. I don't see it though with other players on the team.

In regards to the celebrations, I see EVERY team doing these types of group celebrations after TDs and turnovers week after week across the league. This is not unique to the Steelers.

86WARD
01-02-2019, 05:38 PM
We might lose Munchak, and he's our best coach. Tomlin can point the finger and make his assistants goats. I'd rather have a head coach that helps his assistant coaches shine.

Art Rooney II needs to replace Tomlin. The sooner the better. 7-2-1 to 9-6-1 without any major injuries. An epic collapse.

That’s gonna be the change. Munchak gone and everything else stands.

pczach
01-02-2019, 07:24 PM
personally, I hope all 3 of them are shown the door...

That would be totally acceptable and understandable.

Born2Steel
01-02-2019, 07:34 PM
He's changing from a quarter staff to a buck and a quarter staff.

Mojouw
01-02-2019, 07:55 PM
He's changing from a quarter staff to a buck and a quarter staff.

That’s a solid Looney Tunes joke right there.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-03-2019, 10:58 AM
In regards to the celebrations, I see EVERY team doing these types of group celebrations after TDs and turnovers week after week across the league. This is not unique to the Steelers.

True, but here at Steeler nation we like to think that if you lose games its because of so called malcontents that spend more time working on celebrations than in the film room and it must be an isolated Steeler thing, because that isn't how Jack Lambert, Franco Harris or Mel Blount used to do it. Get Off My Lawn!

hawaiiansteeler
01-03-2019, 12:42 PM
[/B]
True, but here at Steeler nation we like to think that if you lose games its because of so called malcontents that spend more time working on celebrations than in the film room and it must be an isolated Steeler thing, because that isn't how Jack Lambert, Franco Harris or Mel Blount used to do it. Get Off My Lawn!

if only Ben spent more time in the film room and became a better leader like Peyton...

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-03-2019, 01:14 PM
if only Ben spent more time in the film room and became a better leader like Peyton...

Or Tom, Drew, Philip, Aaron, Russell, Jared, Patrick, Carson, Mitchell, DeShawn, Andrew, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Dopey, Bashful, Happy, etc.

Moose
01-03-2019, 01:31 PM
Maybe a BIG part of the 'discipline and respect' left when....Tomlin was talking in the locker room about cell phones as AB was doing 'selfies' in the back ground !! Should've been a kick your ass by coach moment in my book....at least if I was coach !

Craic
01-03-2019, 01:35 PM
[/B]
https://media0.giphy.com/media/11fBAVZqWOM4zm/giphy.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe a BIG part of the 'discipline and respect' left when....Tomlin was talking in the locker room about cell phones as AB was doing 'selfies' in the back ground !! Should've been a kick your ass by coach moment in my book....at least if I was coach !

My guess is it was. However, Tomlin does little of that in public. It's one of the things I do like about him. Despite everything else, Tomlin hasn't aired dirty laundry. Sure, he's used the press the challenge certain people at times. But he hasn't gone out and spilled the beans on discipline.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-03-2019, 01:59 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/11fBAVZqWOM4zm/giphy.gif

- - - Updated - - -

My guess is it was. However, Tomlin does little of that in public. It's one of the things I do like about him. Despite everything else, Tomlin hasn't aired dirty laundry. Sure, he's used the press the challenge certain people at times. But he hasn't gone out and spilled the beans on discipline.

I was thinking more Walt Kowalski, but the GIF works!

Coaches don't air their internal locker room discipline in public. IDK why fans think this is gonna or should happen. Ditka hasn't coached in years and that kind of coach-player interactions hasn't been around in decades.

Coaches will be fired, but Tomlin isn't going anywhere as some think. Butler will have to happen soon so they can start a search on somebody new while staffs are turning over...so if it doesn't happen by next Monday I don't think its gonna happen this season. Special teams is the most likely and when that happens the other dominos will fall too.

Steeldude
01-03-2019, 05:09 PM
The Steelers need a new choreographer.

2019 will be the exact same result. Then everyone can make excuses to protect Tomlin so he can remain in 2020 and so on.

vasteeler
01-03-2019, 05:36 PM
The Steelers need a new choreographer.

2019 will be the exact same result. Then everyone can make excuses to protect Tomlin so he can remain in 2020 and so on.

You sound like a broken record.

pepsyman1
01-03-2019, 11:44 PM
You sound like a broken record.

lol. So does Tomlin.

Steeldude
01-13-2019, 11:47 AM
lol. So does Tomlin.

Exactly.

Tomlin's diehard fans are very bitter.