PDA

View Full Version : ANTONIO BROWN CALLS RYAN CLARK AN 'UNCLE TOM' ...Over Steelers Comments

Lady Steel
01-02-2019, 01:42 PM
The Antonio Brown (http://www.tmz.com/person/antonio-brown/) drama keeps raging on ... 'cause the Steelers WR just called his ex-teammate, Ryan Clark, an "Uncle Tom" after Clark ripped him on TV.

Clark -- an ex-Steelers DB who's now an ESPN NFL analyst -- tore into A.B. after reports surfaced that Brown was benched for blowing up on teammates during practice last week.

"This is where Mike Tomlin has to put his foot down and shop Antonio Brown," Clark said ... "You have to take that stand. You have to. Time for him to go."

Brown -- who played 4 seasons with Clark in Pittsburgh -- didn't take long to fire back, calling Clark an "Uncle Tom" in a comment on an ESPN NFL Instagram post about Clark's criticism.

https://images.tmz.com/2019/01/02/0102-antonio-brown-ryan-clark-insta-2.jpg

http://www.tmz.com/2019/01/02/antonio-brown-calls-ryan-clark-uncle-tom-pittsburgh-steelers/

86WARD
01-02-2019, 01:52 PM
What a disaster. Worst Madden Curse if all time.

Mojouw
01-02-2019, 01:53 PM
Hilarious! If I was athlete I’d be disparaging commentators constantly.

AB is a jerk. But this is all just laughable.

Shoes
01-02-2019, 01:57 PM

AB is a jerk. But this is all just laughable.

Yes. but AB is trying to move it to a race issue it seems. I mean Ryan Clark an Uncle Tom? Clark was a team player and AB isn't

AtlantaDan
01-02-2019, 01:58 PM
AB joins Bell as another soldier in the legacy of struggle against lackeys of the NFL plantation such as Ryan Clark and Mike Tomlin

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-02-2019, 02:05 PM
I cant tell if Terrelle Pryor is laughing or crying at AB comments.

Somehow a black commentator, suggesting that a black coach look to trade a black receiver, because he walked out on his team in a "must win game". Is acting like he is pandering to a white audience/media? Its just a really bad move that shows there is no I in team.( unless its in the A hole)

Mojouw
01-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Yes. but AB is trying to move it to a race issue it seems. I mean Ryan Clark an Uncle Tom? Clark was a team player and AB isn't

Sure. Whatever. Let those two mental midgets get in a Twitter slap fight. Who cares?

Clark wants to put guys on blast with his ESPN social media ready “hot take” designed to generate page views well then you might get called out.

Race stuff? That’s between these two idiots and their employers.

I guess my point is that there is an entire infotainment industry built on the back of the NFL and it has kinda jumped the shark. One moron tweets 25% of the truth and all the other morons issue definitive declarations of what must be done without bothering to ask any questions or get any information.

These are the same idiots that said Amari Cooper was done and wasn’t with the trade price. Cowboys playoff seeding begs to differ.

Shoes
01-02-2019, 02:09 PM
Sure. Whatever. Let those two mental midgets get in a Twitter slap fight. Who cares?

Clark wants to put guys on blast with his ESPN social media ready “hot take” designed to generate page views well then you might get called out.

I guess my point is that there is an entire infotainment industry built on the back of the NFL and it has kinda jumped the shark. One moron tweets 25% of the truth and all the other morons issue definitive declarations of what must be done without bothering to ask any questions or get any information.

These are the same idiots that said Amari Cooper was done and wasn’t with the trade price. Cowboys playoff seeding begs to differ.

Well maybe they shouldn't permit NFL children to have twitter devices

steelreserve
01-02-2019, 02:10 PM
So, a black guy is now an Uncle Tom for taking the side of the black guy coaching the team. MAKES SENSE TO ME

Shoes
01-02-2019, 02:12 PM
I cant tell if Terrelle Pryor is laughing or crying at AB comments.

Somehow a black commentator, suggesting that a black coach look to trade a black receiver, because he walked out on his team in a "must win game". Is acting like he is pandering to a white audience/media? Its just a really bad move that shows there is no I in team.( unless its in the A hole)

I thought the same thing.

tube517
01-02-2019, 02:14 PM
RC and AB have had a beef for years. This is just the icing on the cake so they can make their "feud" public.

Call Tyler Eifert to make the popcorn. :willy::bananalama::drama::boxing::pop2:

tom444
01-02-2019, 02:18 PM
AB, say this until you get it:

I'm a member of a Team
I'm a member of a Team
I'm a member of a Team
I'm a member of a Team
I'm a member of a Team
I'm a member of a Team
I'm a member of a Team
I'm a member of a Team
I'm a member of a Team
I'm a member of a Team
I'm a member of a Team
I'm a member of a Team

fansince'76
01-02-2019, 02:19 PM
Gonna be a long offseason...

Yeah, like actually verifying that was really AB who wrote that and not some troll with an Instagram account. And then taking a screen shot of the whole thing making it difficult for anyone else to check the veracity of it either.

But if it is on the Web it must be true! :rolleyes:

Shoes
01-02-2019, 02:21 PM
So, a black guy is now an Uncle Tom for taking the side of the black guy coaching the team. MAKES SENSE TO ME

Instead of getting an MRI of his "sore knee" which he never got, he should get tested for CTE. And I'm not joking.

DesertSteel
Next Brown will be calling himself a slave........

Shoes
Gonna be a long offseason...

And we haven't even got to the problems yet. :chuckle:

DesertSteel
01-02-2019, 02:22 PM
Other teams' fans get the playoffs but we have something better....... new episodes of the Pittsburgh Kardashians!

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-02-2019, 02:23 PM
RC and AB have had a beef for years. This is just the icing on the cake so they can make their "feud" public.

Call Tyler Eifert to make the popcorn. :willy::bananalama::drama::boxing::pop2:

I never knew that those 2 had a beef.

I have always like Ryan Clark. He seems intelligent and well spoken. A guy that was a UDFA and carved out a successful career in the NFL. Was active in the NFLPA as a team rep, member of the Executive Committee and the NFLPA mentorship program. Sure part of the sports media is the disgusting need to have a Hot Take, but I genuinely think he is a smart guy with a good perspective.

I don't think the Steelers should trade AB, but that would not preclude the team from listening to any offers at this point

Shoes
01-02-2019, 02:23 PM
Other teams' fans get the playoffs but we have something better....... new episodes of the Pittsburgh Kardashians!

The Ravens did us a big favor by winning Sunday in more ways than one

DesertSteel
01-02-2019, 02:26 PM
The Ravens did us a big favor by winning Sunday in more ways than one
Yeah watching that 3-ring circus 16 times was enough for me this year.

Fire Goodell
01-02-2019, 02:47 PM
smh, pull race card when you have no argument

zulater
01-02-2019, 03:09 PM
smh, pull race card when you have no argument

Exactly!

st33lersguy
01-02-2019, 03:17 PM
Is he 8 years old or something? Fine example he is setting for his 5 children

zulater
01-02-2019, 03:48 PM
Is he 8 years old or something? Fine example he is setting for his 5 children

No. Apparently he's a slave! His friend Lebron told him so.

Mojouw
01-02-2019, 04:46 PM
So I don't know how Twitter works really well because I think it is a sewer of human interactions.

BUT...Antonio Brown's Twitter account is "@AB84" not plain "@ab". Doesn't that mean that this is all nonsense (even more than it was already) and that the "ab" that posted on ESPN Twitter in response to Ryan Clark is just some Twitter troll sitting at home in his mom's basement?

Or am I misunderstanding how Twitter displays usernames?

tube517
01-02-2019, 04:56 PM
So I don't know how Twitter works really well because I think it is a sewer of human interactions.

BUT...Antonio Brown's Twitter account is "@AB84" not plain "@ab". Doesn't that mean that this is all nonsense (even more than it was already) and that the "ab" that posted on ESPN Twitter in response to Ryan Clark is just some Twitter troll sitting at home in his mom's basement?

Or am I misunderstanding how Twitter displays usernames?The "Uncle Tom " comment was on Instagram. AB's Instagram is "ab". Good catch!

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

steelreserve
01-02-2019, 04:58 PM

You would be right, except this was on Instagram.

I avoid social media like the plague unless it is work-related stuff for the company, because your description pretty well summarizes all of them.

Mojouw
01-02-2019, 05:01 PM
The "Uncle Tom " comment was on Instagram. AB's Instagram is "ab". Good catch!

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Got it. So basically AB is one positive PED test away from being the WR character from HBO's "Ballers". Great.

Honestly, it is amazing how Juju is 21 and AB is 31 and that 10 year difference means one generation just intuitively understands how to build a brand on social media and the other guy is constantly trying to but can't get out of his own way. Just hire a 22 year old with decent communication skills and leave it alone. Technology makes us all old very quickly.

NCSteeler
01-02-2019, 05:04 PM

AB is a jerk. But this is all just laughable.It's laughable but I can't imagine one those old teammates tearing down this team. They were the band of Brothers they have good feeling for the "Steelers" because they were a part of something. These guys brown and bell they played for themselves and they don't care about the team. Personally I see that as a failure of leadership, wether it be Tomlin or team vets

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

NCSteeler
01-02-2019, 05:06 PM

These are the same idiots that said Amari Cooper was done and wasn’t with the trade price. Cowboys playoff seeding begs to differ.Ok ok I get where you are at with it. Totally true it's click bait entertainment at it's best

Dwinsgames
01-02-2019, 05:07 PM
he needs gone ... period

hawaiiansteeler
01-02-2019, 05:09 PM
he needs gone ... period

he may very well have played his last game as a Pittsburgh Steeler, when your own teammates believe you faked an injury and basically quit on your team that's a huge problem to overcome...

NCSteeler
01-02-2019, 05:10 PM
he needs gone ... periodI am totally done with his drama bullshit. Trade him wtf ever

fansince'76
01-02-2019, 05:12 PM
Got it. So basically AB is one positive PED test away from being the WR character from HBO's "Ballers". Great.

Honestly, it is amazing how Juju is 21 and AB is 31 and that 10 year difference means one generation just intuitively understands how to build a brand on social media and the other guy is constantly trying to but can't get out of his own way. Just hire a 22 year old with decent communication skills and leave it alone. Technology makes us all old very quickly.

There's still no actual proof that the "ab" on Instagram is actually Antonio Brown either.

Shoes
01-02-2019, 05:12 PM
All this AB shit took all the questions in the presser, I mean did anyone ever get a chance to ask Tomlin questions about the season?

hawaiiansteeler
01-02-2019, 05:14 PM
All this AB shit took all the questions in the presser, I mean did anyone ever get a chance to ask Tomlin questions about the season?

you mean there wasn't enough time for any Le'Veon Bell questions?

Mojouw
01-02-2019, 05:14 PM
There's still no actual proof that the "ab" on Instagram is actually Antonio Brown either.

OK. Well, I'm signing off as social media detective for the day. Wouldn't surprise me either way.

Shoes
01-02-2019, 05:15 PM
you mean there wasn't enough time for any Le'Veon Bell questions?

The hell with Bell, questions about the offense, defense, coaching etc.

Lady Steel
01-02-2019, 05:17 PM

I don't know why you thought it was AB's Twitter account that posted since the article specifically stated it was on Instagram. :noidea: :sofunny:

- - - Updated - - -

The Instagram live or whatever it is that James Harrison did with AB specifically had @ab on it, I believe. I think someone posted it in one of the other threads.

Ahhh... Here it is...

https://triblive.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=fa7dc 5Ne_X9hGfYwT_HXF8$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYss_S66xsY$19E n60GNepplWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

fansince'76
01-02-2019, 05:18 PM
OK. Well, I'm signing off as social media detective for the day. Wouldn't surprise me either way.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it was him, but I also don't care enough. :chuckle:

Lady Steel
01-02-2019, 05:21 PM
It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it was him, but I also don't care enough. :chuckle:

But yet you sure seem to care in trying to discredit that it's AB's Instagram handle.

GBMelBlount
01-02-2019, 05:23 PM
If he is traded we will get a good value (draft picks and/or a great defensive player)

Otherwise, we have arguably the best receiver in the NFL still playing for us.

Win/win imo.

fansince'76
01-02-2019, 05:23 PM
But yet you sure seem to care in trying to discredit that it's AB's Instagram handle.

No, I just don't automatically and immediately believe everything I see on the Internet.

Mojouw
01-02-2019, 05:24 PM
I don't know why you thought it was AB's Twitter account that posted since the article specifically stated it was on Instagram. :noidea: :sofunny:

- - - Updated - - -

There's no proof that it isn't either, but wait... There actually is... The Instagram live or whatever it is that James Harrison did with AB specifically had @ab on it, I believe. I think someone posted it in one of the other threads.

Because I am a cantankerous old grump before I am even old. I basically think that Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook are useless tools for almost any purpose. I don't trust much of what is on them. Almost everything on any social media platform has been manipulated and shaped to specifically influence your emotions to push your toward a predetermined response. As a result, I am aware of what they all are and have a decent-ish understanding of how they work, but am not on these platforms and when I read about them my eyes glaze over and my brain just sees the word "nonsense that makes people lose their minds" and moves on.

Lady Steel
01-02-2019, 05:26 PM
Because I am a cantankerous old grump before I am even old. I basically think that Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook are useless tools for almost any purpose. I don't trust much of what is on them. Almost everything on any social media platform has been manipulated and shaped to specifically influence your emotions to push your toward a predetermined response. As a result, I am aware of what they all are and have a decent-ish understanding of how they work, but am not on these platforms and when I read about them my eyes glaze over and my brain just sees the word "nonsense that makes people lose their minds" and moves on.

Got it! Kinda like internet message boards.

Shoes
01-02-2019, 05:26 PM

That is scary as hell. You better bury that technology, fast. :chuckle:

Lady Steel
01-02-2019, 05:27 PM
No, I just don't automatically and immediately believe everything I see on the Internet.

But yet AB's Instagram handle was specifically on Harrison's Instagram live. :lol:

EzraTank
01-02-2019, 05:28 PM

I think AB is too stupid to even know what the reference means. Love him as a receiver but he sounds like a total douche bag in real life.

But with all this AB bullshit ... when is Butler getting fired? That's all I care about.

Mojouw
01-02-2019, 05:40 PM
That is scary as hell. You better bury that technology, fast. :chuckle:

Imagine what I will be like in 30 years when I really am old? Of course, I'll still be banging away on internet message boards while everyone else will be in virtual reality holograms or something...

Hopefully in two months or so we can just go back to arguing about the draft!

smokin3000gt
01-02-2019, 05:42 PM
Steeler fans: Get rid of Bell, Trade AB, time for Ben to go, fire Tomlin, clean out the entire front office. I'm tired of this shit! Blow it up and start over!!

Also Steeler fans: WTF!!!! WHY CAN'T WE WIN MORE THAN 12 GAMES IN A SEASON??!! NEED MOAR PLAYOFFS!!!

:huh::huh:

fansince'76
01-02-2019, 05:42 PM
Steeler fans: Get rid of Bell, Trade AB, time for Ben to go, fire Tomlin, clean out the entire front office. I'm tired of this shit! Blow it up and start over!!

Also Steeler fans: WTF!!!! WHY CAN'T WE WIN MORE THAN 12 GAMES IN A SEASON??!! NEED MOAR PLAYOFFS!!!

:huh::huh:

Exactly.

AtlantaDan
01-02-2019, 05:44 PM
I basically think that Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook are useless tools for almost any purpose.

Vladamir Putin apparently disagrees but then again he does not have to worry about star players on his favorite NFL team using social media to stir up the fanbase :rolleyes:

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/130617102312-putin-superbowl-ring-story-top.jpg

FWIW Ryan Clark takes the high road this afternoon

Crow-Magnon
01-02-2019, 05:47 PM
As a fan of a division rival, I should laugh and laugh and hope this turmoil creates lasting havoc for the Steelers. But I can't. All I can do is shake my head. And wonder how can such talent be so foolish and selfish.

Shoes
01-02-2019, 05:49 PM
Imagine what I will be like in 30 years when I really am old? Of course, I'll still be banging away on internet message boards while everyone else will be in virtual reality holograms or something...

Hopefully in two months or so we can just go back to arguing about the draft!

I'll be 94 LMAO!

Dwinsgames
01-02-2019, 06:58 PM
he may very well have played his last game as a Pittsburgh Steeler, when your own teammates believe you faked an injury and basically quit on your team that's a huge problem to overcome...

agreed and couple that fact with your coach telling you ok go get an MRI today and he just goes home or wherever doesn't reply to msg or calls from his head coach and has his agent call him Sunday morning .... that's not gonna end well ...

IMO the only thing yet to be determined is what the compensation is going to be

DesertSteel
01-02-2019, 07:21 PM
Time can heal the wound before next season if both parties want it to. If AB digs in like a spoiled brat it’s likely to result in a trade, or based on recent precedent, a hold-out by AB. More drama to look forward to next season.

Hawkman
01-02-2019, 07:25 PM
Go Penguins......oh for a different thread.:wink02:

silver & black
01-02-2019, 07:31 PM
Hmmmm........... I just hope and pray that the Raiders stay far away..... we/they have enough problems...lol.

AtlantaDan
01-02-2019, 07:38 PM
Hmmmm........... I just hope and pray that the Raiders stay far away..... we/they have enough problems...lol.

Antonio Brown unhappy with Steelers: Ranking the nine best landing spots in a trade
3. Raiders (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/OAK/oakland-raiders/)
Jon Gruden has basically spent the past 12 months collecting first-round picks and this might be the perfect spot to use one. With three first-rounders in the 2019 draft, Gruden could call up the Steelers and offer one for Brown. The Raiders are also in serious need of a wide receiver after trading (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-trade-first-round-pick-to-raiders-for-amari-cooper-in-blockbuster-nfl-trade-deadline-move/) Amari Cooper (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1984220/amari-cooper) to the Cowboys (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/DAL/dallas-cowboys/) in October. It would almost be fitting if the Raiders used the first-rounder acquired in the Cooper deal to trade for Brown.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-unhappy-with-steelers-ranking-the-nine-best-landing-spots-in-a-trade/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--hMJPUBwMc

pczach
01-02-2019, 08:17 PM
And we haven't even got to the problems yet. :chuckle:

The exhaust from the players' cars leaving the Steelers parking lot hasn't dissipated yet and we are in full-on Jerry Springer Show.

Lady Steel
01-02-2019, 09:59 PM
Go Penguins......oh for a different thread.:wink02:

It's okay... You're not the only person who can't seem to put two and two together. :sofunny: :coffee: