PDA

View Full Version : Report: Antonio Brown has requested a trade

hawaiiansteeler
01-01-2019, 01:25 PM
Report: Antonio Brown has requested a trade

By SAM QUINN

Antonio Brown has requested a trade from the Pittsburgh Steelers according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports. According to La Canfora, Brown did not demand a trade, but told the Steelers he would prefer to be moved. His report states that "Brown has issues with Mike Tomlin and Ben Roethlisberger," and that he "feels like the coach is too aligned with the QB." This comes in the heels of reports that Brown was benched for missing practice and getting into an altercation with Roethlisberger last week.

to read rest of article:

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Antonio-Brown-trade-request-127148046/

BlackAndGold
01-01-2019, 01:33 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/O9BPkYr89lK2A/giphy.gif

Moose
01-01-2019, 01:46 PM
Okay, here we go....let the off-season shit begin. It's a shame alot of these player's really don't appreciate the amount of money they make to play a game....more money than most of us will make in a life time. But, so be it, it's the way of the world and entertainment. I don't know what was said, how it was said, or what happened or why it happened. I do know that the Rooney's, Tomlin and front office better nip this in the bud before it get's completely out of hand and turns unrepairable. The Steeler's are turning into the 'LAST PLACE' team of the AFC NORTHreal fast. Baltimore has improved, Cleveland has improved, and we just BARELY beat the 2nd string of the bungholes in the last game. Pathetic future with the pathetic defense and special teams....and it looks like no changes will be made. The future looks like Tomlin may win as many games as 'challenges' !!

SteelMayhem72
01-01-2019, 01:47 PM
I said it a while back that he would have issues not being "the" guy and JuJu out doing him and people said I was crazy on here...I KNEW this was coming!!! Let him be traded...this shit and all the turmoil is why this team is a shit show with these divas

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

SteelMayhem72
01-01-2019, 01:50 PM
And for all the people thinking that I'm assuming this shit are blind as hell...he is a spoiled ass brat divs...plain and simple!!!

SteelMayhem72
01-01-2019, 01:51 PM
Diva*

BlackAndGold
01-01-2019, 01:54 PM

Shoes
01-01-2019, 01:58 PM

Yes, but that is coming from the sports media king of fake news, but maybe he turned over a new leaf this morning. :chuckle:

Dwinsgames
01-01-2019, 02:01 PM

fact is we just do not know ....

I will not claim anyone is lying ( but someone is wrong )

that said Lacanfora was the ONLY member of the national media / talking heads /insider that had any mention of Edmunds in the 1st round or the Steelers interest in him ...

in fact Burgh talking heads responded to him with .....

so I will wait , listen closely and see ......

click on that tweet to see it in its entirety

Neversatisfied
01-01-2019, 02:34 PM
At this point you've got to trade AB. He is the best Receiver on the Steelers but the relationship between him and the Organization is irreconcilable. Who and what the team gets in return is for the Rooneys to decide.

teegre
01-01-2019, 02:42 PM
cough, cough ...Jalen Ramsey... cough, cough

Shoes
01-01-2019, 02:46 PM

:lol:

hawaiiansteeler
01-01-2019, 02:52 PM

I would make that trade...

EzraTank
01-01-2019, 02:57 PM
He'll be 31 anyway at the start of next season. If we move him it will cut Ben's picks total in half since he won't have to force it into triple coverage anymore to satisfy the cry baby.

Brown is great but replaceable.

Bye bye Diva.

Shoes
01-01-2019, 03:00 PM
He'll be 31 anyway at the start of next season. If we move him it will cut Ben's picks total in half since he won't have to force it into triple coverage anymore to satisfy the cry baby.

Bye bye Diva.

I honestly will be glad when Ben is gone also.

Edman
01-01-2019, 03:04 PM
Brown is a diva, but at the same time, I understand how he feels. He's tired of the shit.

I'm quite simply fed up with this team's bullshit and I'm ready to see it blown up. Bell isn't coming back. Tomlin isn't going to be competent overnight. And Ben isn't getting any younger. It's over and done with with this squad, and it's time to move on.

Edman
01-01-2019, 03:14 PM
Brown is a diva, but at the same time, I understand how he feels. He's tired of the shit.

I'm quite simply fed up with this team's bullshit and I'm ready to see it blown up. Bell isn't coming back. Tomlin isn't going to be competent overnight. And Ben isn't getting any younger. It's over and done with with this squad, and it's time to move on.

I honestly will be glad when Ben is gone also.

Be careful, you'll have some fanboys lecture you how Ben is the only thing seperating this team from crappiness and the organization cannot win without him, as well as horror stories about how long it took the Steelers to find a QB and blah blah blah.

Just because he's been a good quarterback for the Steelers doesn't excuse the fact that for the majority of his career, Ben has brought his own cancer both on and off the field. He bitched and whined about the offense, threw Rudolph under the bus when he was drafted, installed puppet Fichtner to the detriment of the offense, threw James Washington under the bus in the media, and now is in a shitfit for Antonio Brown. Also, he turns the ball over at an alarming rate, and is getting more and more inconsistent each year. He hasn't played well in a big/playoff game in years.

Dwinsgames
01-01-2019, 03:15 PM

Shoes
01-01-2019, 03:17 PM

Be careful, you'll have some fanboys lecture you how Ben is the only thing seperating this team from crappiness and the organization cannot win without him, as well as horror stories about how long it took the Steelers to find a QB and blah blah blah.

Just because he's been a good quarterback for the Steelers doesn't excuse the fact that for the majority of his career, Ben has brought his own cancer both on and off the field. He bitched and whined about the offense, threw Rudolph under the bus when he was drafted, installed puppet Fichtner to the detriment of the offense, threw James Washington under the bus in the media, and now is in a shitfit for Antonio Brown. Also, he turns the ball over at an alarming rate, and is getting more and more inconsistent each year. He hasn't played well in a big/playoff game in years.

I don't care about fanboy lectures, I'm too old to be afraid of simple shit like that. :chuckle: It would be refreshing imo.

BlackAndGold
01-01-2019, 03:31 PM

Bye bye Diva.

A top 3 WR replaceable? I think not.

did you even watch the Bengals game without AB? Ben's horrific picks(which are due to bad passes) will be the same and his TD's will be cut in half.

Hawkman
01-01-2019, 03:32 PM
At this point you've got to trade AB. He is the best Receiver on the Steelers but the relationship between him and the Organization is irreconcilable. Who and what the team gets in return is for the Rooneys to decide.

Damn you are up to 383 worthless posts.

BlackAndGold
01-01-2019, 03:33 PM
fact is we just do not know ....

I will not claim anyone is lying ( but someone is wrong )

that said Lacanfora was the ONLY member of the national media / talking heads /insider that had any mention of Edmunds in the 1st round or the Steelers interest in him ...

in fact Burgh talking heads responded to him with .....

so I will wait , listen closely and see ......

click on that tweet to see it in its entirety

He's been more wrong than not. He got lucky with Edmunds.

Here JLC getting mad after being called out for being wrong.

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/12/10/18134755/jason-la-canfora-tom-coughlin-interview-gets-angry

Hawkman
01-01-2019, 03:35 PM
The one position this team can draft......it’s WR. I still think these statements are bs.

Dwinsgames
01-01-2019, 03:40 PM
He's been more wrong than not. He got lucky with Edmunds.

Here JLC getting mad after being called out for being wrong.

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/12/10/18134755/jason-la-canfora-tom-coughlin-interview-gets-angry

I see nothing wrong with how he handled that to be honest ...

they called him to pick his brain he did not call them ....

they insulted him and called him a liar , he hung up ...

what would you expect him to do really ?

BlackAndGold
01-01-2019, 03:40 PM
When I see these random outburst from AB, first thing I think of is 'manic depression/bipolar disorder'

hawaiiansteeler
01-01-2019, 03:46 PM
Have the Steelers reached their breaking point with Antonio Brown?

RAY FITTIPALDO
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
JAN 1, 2019

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/01/01/Steelers-Antonio-Brown-Ben-Roethlisberger/stories/201901010703

BlackAndGold
01-01-2019, 03:48 PM
Have the Steelers reached their breaking point with Antonio Brown?

RAY FITTIPALDO
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
JAN 1, 2019

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/01/01/Steelers-Antonio-Brown-Ben-Roethlisberger/stories/201901010703

Are they at a breaking point of constant underachieving seasons?

steelreserve
01-01-2019, 03:49 PM
$21 million in dead money pretty much rules that out.

teegre
01-01-2019, 03:54 PM

That money can be worked into a trade.

TEEGRE’S PIPEDREAM of the DAY:
The Rams like offense. Their HC is an offensive genius. AB paired with Todd Gutley makes them unstoppable!!! Yep... that’s right... you guessed it... let’s trade AB for Aaron Donald.

BlackAndGold
01-01-2019, 03:55 PM

Yep this will blow over within a week. This isn't AB's first outburst.

Feel like we should be use to the drama by now.

Shoes
01-01-2019, 03:58 PM

Feel like we should be use to the drama by now.

Yes, he and Ben are competing for an Emmy. :chuckle:

FrancoLambert
01-01-2019, 04:04 PM

Checked for a hernia and you whisper Jalen Ramsey?

You have some explaining to do. :lol:

steelreserve
01-01-2019, 04:09 PM
That money can be worked into a trade.

Are you sure? That's signing bonus money from repeated restructures. I didn't think there was anything you could do about that. One reason why big trades are rare unless someone is heading into the last year of his contract. But we have made zero trades like this in recent history, so I could be wrong.

DesertSteel
01-01-2019, 04:39 PM
One thing is for sure. The NFL keeps moving along with new stars emerging every year.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree.

Steeldude
01-01-2019, 05:28 PM
Finally some good news.

Michael
01-01-2019, 05:44 PM
It is getting increasingly challenging to establish fan loyalty & admiration to many of these guys. There may be a collision coming up when the next CBA is being negotiated.

teegre
01-01-2019, 05:47 PM
Checked for a hernia and you whisper Jalen Ramsey?

You have some explaining to do. :lol:

You should hear it when they check my prostate....

Steeler-in-west
01-01-2019, 06:05 PM
I’d concentrate on overhauling the coaching staff, not on trading away our best players.

Steeldude
01-01-2019, 06:06 PM
It is getting increasingly challenging to establish fan loyalty & admiration to many of these guys. There may be a collision coming up when the next CBA is being negotiated.

I hope it results in drastic changes. Cut player salaries. Create max salaries. Allow longer practices with tackling.

GBMelBlount
01-01-2019, 06:54 PM
You should hear it when they check my prostate....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-zf2UBp7fY

DesertSteel
01-01-2019, 07:03 PM
Worlds colliding!

- - - Updated - - -

Finally some good news.
They are also reporting that James Harrison has been re-signed to a 2-year deal.

GoSlash27
01-01-2019, 07:11 PM
Not surprising.
Moving on from AB is something the FO may well decide to do. I think we should all come to terms with that.
Thankfully, there's an entire off season for cooler heads to prevail and make the best decision for the team.

Steeldude
01-01-2019, 07:37 PM
Worlds colliding!

- - - Updated - - -

They are also reporting that James Harrison has been re-signed to a 2-year deal.

Well even though he is probably out of shape I'm sure he is far better than Dupree

fansince'76
01-01-2019, 07:39 PM
I hope it results in drastic changes. Cut player salaries. Create max salaries. Allow longer practices with tackling.

Shitcan the idiot commissioner...

(Yeah, I know that won't be part of the CBA negotiations, but I can dream, can't I?)

EzraTank
01-01-2019, 07:42 PM
A top 3 WR replaceable? I think not.

did you even watch the Bengals game without AB? Ben's horrific picks(which are due to bad passes) will be the same and his TD's will be cut in half.We were saying the same things about Bell in September and look what happened. He was replaced by two guys who cost less than two of his game checks.

The only position you need to win in this league is QB.

fansince'76
01-01-2019, 07:54 PM

If you don't believe it, go ahead, start Dobbs.

BlackAndGold
01-01-2019, 08:18 PM
We were saying the same things about Bell in September and look what happened. He was replaced by two guys who cost less than two of his game checks.

The only position you need to win in this league is QB.

The RB position is so much easier to replace than a top flight WR.

AB takes so much pressure off of the other receivers. His impact was shown last game vs the Bengals. He's basically what a shut down cornerback left on a island does for a defense.

It's possible we'll be having question marks at QB also if you take away his best weapon.

teegre
01-01-2019, 09:23 PM
Are you sure? That's signing bonus money from repeated restructures. I didn't think there was anything you could do about that. One reason why big trades are rare unless someone is heading into the last year of his contract. But we have made zero trades like this in recent history, so I could be wrong.

You are correct that the signing bonus stays with the original team... unless... it is part of the trade.

SAN FRAN: We’ll give you our #1 overall pick and George Kittle for AB.

PITT: Sure, but you have to take on AB’s $21 million cap hit.

SAN FRAN: No way. If we take on that much of a cap hit, you only get our R2 pick.

PITT: Kittle, the #1 overall... and $17 million of the cap hit.

SAN FRAN: $13 million.

PITT: Deal.

Shoes
01-01-2019, 09:54 PM
You are correct that the signing bonus stays with the original team... unless... it is part of the trade.

SAN FRAN: No way. If we take on that much of a cap hit, you only get our R2 pick.

I like this! :chuckle:

JayC
01-01-2019, 09:55 PM
Blow the whole thing up. I'm tired of the Bell, Brown, Tomlin, etc shitshow. I'm ready for a new era of Steelers football.

smokin3000gt
01-02-2019, 09:22 AM
Blow the whole thing up. I'm tired of the Bell, Brown, Tomlin, etc shitshow. I'm ready for a new era of Steelers football.

careful what you wish for...

DesertSteel
01-02-2019, 09:38 AM
careful what you wish for...
Yes we could be looking at seasons where we don't make the playoffs........ oh...wait.......

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-02-2019, 11:15 AM

:sofunny: :rofl:

Edman
01-02-2019, 11:20 AM
If you don't believe it, go ahead, start Dobbs.

3-5 postseason record since 2011 and No playoff wins in two seasons speaks for itself.

Dobbs has nothing to do with that.

AtlantaDan
01-02-2019, 11:36 AM
An inspirational message for turbulent times :coffee:

(https://mobile.twitter.com/AB84/status/1080515296664924160)

zulater
01-02-2019, 11:48 AM

"Wholeness?" :wtf: :huh:

Is that wokespeak for assholeness?

- - - Updated - - -

3-5 postseason record since 2011 and No playoff wins in two seasons speaks for itself.

Dobbs has nothing to do with that.

Guess Rodgers sucks too. 6-9-1 this year.

NCSteeler
01-02-2019, 11:49 AM
I saw the conference and I liked what I heard from Tomlin. I think he realizes he has the locker room and ownership has his back and he's right there is no reason to hurry to an answer.

To me Tomlin gets points for today.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

AtlantaDan
01-02-2019, 11:51 AM
Ed B. of the P-G walks through the numbers on how trading AB would be a significant but not crippling cap hit in linked article excerpted below

Trading Antonio Brown would not kill the Steelers' salary cap

If he plays in 2019, his salary cap figure will be $22,165,000. If they trade him, his salary cap figure will be $21,120,000.

But there’s more than that. What isn’t being taken into account is his 2019 salary of $12,625,000 that won’t be paid and will be wiped from their cap, even though Brown’s individual cap figure will technically remain the same. Also, Brown is due a $2.5 million roster bonus five days after the new league season begins March 13....

That brings his realistic salary cap hit down to $6 million if they trade him by then, although technically on the books it will be that $21 million-plus in “dead money.” Plus, it would eliminate him from the books forever after 2019....

If they are going to trade him it must be during that five-day window beginning March 13, when trades are first allowed — to save the roster bonus, salary and to get the draft pick(s) this year....

Antonio Brown has become a poison in the Steelers locker room. They missed the playoffs this season with him; at the very least, they can miss the playoffs without him.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/01/02/antonio-brown-trade-rumors-steelers-salary-cap-nfl/stories/201901020122

zulater
01-02-2019, 11:55 AM
I saw the conference and I liked what I heard from Tomlin. I think he realizes he has the locker room and ownership has his back and he's right there is no reason to hurry to an answer.

To me Tomlin gets points for today.

I'm fine with what he said today.

steelreserve
01-02-2019, 11:56 AM

Huh. I had no idea - always thought that current salary and bonuses, future salary, etc., were on the table, but there was nothing you could do about money paid out in the past, you were stuck with the cap hit forever. Otherwise you'd see all kinds of one-sided NBA style trades for high-salary players just to free up cap space. But if that's wrong, it opens up all kinds of possibilities.

I still would rather not trade Brown and just work things out like with several other minor diva flare-ups in the past. The guy is one of the greatest receivers in the last 30 years, maybe ever, and you just don't get rid of that kind of player, unless they are clearly in decline, or if you absolutely have no choice. I think it would 90% be a mistake no matter what it looked like we were getting back in return.

BlackAndGold
01-02-2019, 12:06 PM
Tomlin seemed fed up with AB.

zulater
01-02-2019, 12:10 PM
Tomlin seemed fed up with AB.

Can't say I blame him. How weak is it to have your agent call in about your availability on game day after going off the grid for 2 days and refusing to take any calls from your coach?

He quit on his team! Period! I am honestly starting to believe he has mental issues.

Last thing. Anyone blaming this on Ben or Tomlin is ridiculous.

BlackAndGold
01-02-2019, 12:19 PM
Can't say I blame him. How weak is it to have your agent call in about your availability on game day after going off the grid for 2 days and refusing to take any calls from your coach?

He quit on his team! Period! I am honestly starting to believe he has mental issues.

I mentioned in this thread that these random outburst fit the description of someone dealing with a manic bipolar disorder

BlackAndGold
01-02-2019, 12:27 PM

OMG, wtf is going on?

dislocatedday
01-02-2019, 12:29 PM

AB could have quelled all this speculation and ongoing drama by simply making some statement to the effect of last week was a bad week, I don't want to be traded, I apologize for my actions, or something else along these lines. Instead, it appears he has been consulting Leveon Bell on how to post cryptic tweets and messages.

I can only conclude that he does in fact want out of Pittsburgh and/or enjoys the attention that this situation is bringing.

The more info that comes out about his actions within the team, the more I think perhaps it is time to deal him away to the highest bidder. I just now remembered when he walked out during training camp this past summer because he was told his handlers and "social media director" could not be there on the field with him at camp.......which the Steelers were right to send them away........it's a football team practice, not a celebrity reality TV show.

AtlantaDan
01-02-2019, 12:35 PM

Add Pouncey & DeCastro to the list of those I would like to see have input

BlackAndGold
01-02-2019, 12:45 PM
Jim Wexell brought up AB for Patrick Peterson. Their young QB Josh Rosen needs a weapon.

st33lersguy
01-02-2019, 12:52 PM
Try to reach out and work stuff out, if after a couple months he is still going to be a selfish bitch then wait until after the deadline and trade him unless as team is willing to trade a top 5 pick to get him (which won't happen). Also Tomlin needs to be fired. He created this culture and his answer for dealing with talented divas seems to be tolerate them for a time then shit can them. If AB is traded you might as well start over and included in that would be a brand new coach, someone with discipline. The fact that no assistant coach has been fired yet is a further indictment on Tomlin

Shoes
01-02-2019, 01:16 PM

OMG, wtf is going on?

AB must have a beef with Tomlin since he's hanging out with Harrison. AB has Rosenhaus calling Tomlin on Sunday at say Brown said his knee felt better and he wanted to try and play. Why didn't AB call Tomlin? This shit is unbelievable, The Ravens did us a big favor by winning Sunday.

Lady Steel
01-02-2019, 01:23 PM
I'm reading on Reddit that AB called Ryan Clark an "Uncle Tom" on ESPN's Instagram. I don't have Instagram, so I can't verify. This is getting ugly.

86WARD
01-02-2019, 01:51 PM
I'm reading on Reddit that AB called Ryan Clark an "Uncle Tom" on ESPN's Instagram. I don't have Instagram, so I can't verify. This is getting ugly.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190102/eef43be78126f1a9d5ea6da7a49e4506.jpg

tube517
01-02-2019, 02:08 PM

RC and AB have had a beef going back a while to when they were teammates. Any time Clark has had a chance to criticize (Legitimately) AB, he will and has.

No love lost between the 2.

teegre
01-02-2019, 02:39 PM
Jim Wexell brought up AB for Patrick Peterson. Their young QB Josh Rosen needs a weapon.

CONS:
He’s four years older than Jalen Ramsey.

PROS:
He’s not an a$$hole.

BlackAndGold
01-02-2019, 03:01 PM
CONS:
He’s four years older than Jalen Ramsey.

PROS:
He’s not an a$$hole.

Getting Peterson is so much more likely than Ramsey. Won't hold my breath that it happens but it sorta makes sense for both teams.

NCSteeler
01-02-2019, 03:01 PM
AB could have quelled all this speculation and ongoing drama by simply making some statement to the effect of last week was a bad week, I don't want to be traded, I apologize for my actions, or something else along these lines. Instead, it appears he has been consulting Leveon Bell on how to post cryptic tweets and messages.

I can only conclude that he does in fact want out of Pittsburgh and/or enjoys the attention that this situation is bringing.

The more info that comes out about his actions within the team, the more I think perhaps it is time to deal him away to the highest bidder. I just now remembered when he walked out during training camp this past summer because he was told his handlers and "social media director" could not be there on the field with him at camp.......which the Steelers were right to send them away........it's a football team practice, not a celebrity reality TV show.Posted during tomlin's presser looks like he's saying I do what I want. Slap in the face.

And apparently Harrison and bell and all these ex players think it hilarious to tear up a team that they played for. It's an environment

teegre
01-02-2019, 03:06 PM
Getting Peterson is so much more likely than Ramsey. Won't hold my breath that it happens but it sorta makes sense for both teams.

(taking my emotions out of it)

You are correct. The Steelers need cornerback help, and the Cardinals need to give Rosen a weapon.

vader29
01-02-2019, 03:51 PM

hawaiiansteeler
01-02-2019, 04:42 PM
Ed Bouchette: Trading Antonio Brown would not kill the Steelers' salary cap

ED BOUCHETTE
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
JAN 2, 2019

Can’t live with him, can’t live without him.

That’s where the Steelers apparently find themselves with Antonio Brown, their brilliant yet unmanageable wide receiver. But there is a way to trade him that won’t kill their salary cap.

All those “little annoyances” from the past turned into one big migraine for the Steelers when Brown abandoned them last week. He basically quit the team.

to read rest of article:

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/01/02/antonio-brown-trade-rumors-steelers-salary-cap-nfl/stories/201901020122

NCSteeler
01-02-2019, 05:00 PM
NFL doesn't give a share option on third videos but looks up Kinhabwala's report on AB tonight. To me it sounds done. Locker room is tired of the BS. Cap hit is the same no matter where he plays. I honestly see this getting done. Watch to the end where she talks about Steelers players feeling on it

NCSteeler
01-02-2019, 05:02 PM
Chemistry and comradery.

Mojouw
01-02-2019, 05:06 PM
Now all I want for New Years is shirtless driveway push-ups. T.O. did sit-ups -- AB can do push-ups! Or maybe a box jump? Or that stupid crossfit rope thing?

http://www.philly.com/resizer/yDycODqQR6JbsWoP3gPedmVH5To=/1400x932/center/middle/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-pmn.s3.amazonaws.com/public/TC3AEXATU5GUJNWJOHNW5X3J2U.jpg

hawaiiansteeler
01-02-2019, 05:20 PM
Wednesday, Jan 02, 2019

Tomlin addresses Brown issues, promises change

Bob Labriola
STEELERS.COM

https://www.steelers.com/news/tomlin-addresses-brown-issues-promises-change?sf205270702=1

Mojouw
01-02-2019, 05:26 PM
SHIRTLESS PUSH-UPS!

SHIRTLESS PUSH-UPS!

SHIRTLESS PUSH-UPS!

smokin3000gt
01-02-2019, 06:59 PM
Yes we could be looking at seasons where we don't make the playoffs........ oh...wait.......

Take a look at the Bengals or any other shitty/mediocre team which make up the majority of the league for a glimpse of reality for most fans.

God forbid we miss a post season here and there... :willy::willy:

pczach
01-02-2019, 07:49 PM

As a couch flies out an apartment window and narrowly misses a child as it crashes to the ground and breaks into many pieces.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nswnrbguPKw

Lady Steel
01-02-2019, 10:02 PM
I hope he shuffles off to Buffalo.

teegre
01-02-2019, 10:06 PM
I hope he shuffles off to Buffalo.

For Tremaine Edmunds and Tre White... DEAL!!!

DesertSteel
01-02-2019, 10:13 PM
Take a look at the Bengals or any other shitty/mediocre team which make up the majority of the league for a glimpse of reality for most fans.

God forbid we miss a post season here and there... :willy::willy:I'll be a Steelers fan with Brown or without Brown. Knowing that Tomlin likes a Kardashian style locker room, my money is on the fact it will be WITH Brown.

Steeldude
01-03-2019, 02:07 AM
Shitcan the idiot commissioner...

(Yeah, I know that won't be part of the CBA negotiations, but I can dream, can't I?)

Yes, that too

Moose
01-03-2019, 09:42 AM
AB video with Harrison !? OMG ! Looks like AB is scraping the bottom of the barrel to try and make a statement against the Steeler organization. Harrison.....LOL... to me he's still a dumbass bunghole, and will never get rid of that cat smell....rather than play with Steeler's he signed with bungholes for LESS money.....LOL....real smart statement. losing loser, with losing team....and where is the asinine buffoon now ? C'mon AB, if you're going to punk-it up....have a little brains and class. Is Kaepernick next ? LOL

Michael
01-03-2019, 10:00 AM

First of all I share your opinion that Tomlin nor Ben are responsible. for this behavior. My first guess is that AB has a very pervasive "illness: among many current day athletes. An over grown EGO and a lack of maturity. The young man has no clue what it is like to live in the real world and may never have to know.

86WARD
01-03-2019, 10:06 AM
Ben throwing the ball down and saying get him out of here, replace him after AB ran the wrong no route in practice and then Tomlin backing Ben doesn’t help.

AtlantaDan
01-03-2019, 10:09 AM
Ben throwing the ball down and saying get him out of here, replace him after AB ran the wrong no route in practice and then Tomlin backing Ben doesn’t help.

I read AB taking exception to Ben wanting to run a hot read play again last Wednesday allegedly lit the fuse but had not read that

Link?

Mojouw
01-03-2019, 10:11 AM
I read AB taking exception to Ben wanting to run a hot read play again last Wednesday allegedly lit the fuse but had not read that

Link?

One of the versions floating around: https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/former-nfl-player-turned-analyst-blames-roethlisberger-for-brown-recently-going-awol/

teegre
01-03-2019, 10:15 AM
Brady yells at receiver: “He’s the greatest... fap... what a leader... fap...”

Ben yells at a receiver: “AB should quit.”

AtlantaDan
01-03-2019, 10:16 AM
One of the versions floating around: https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/former-nfl-player-turned-analyst-blames-roethlisberger-for-brown-recently-going-awol/

Thanks - the mirror universe to the Kaboly story AB threw a football at Ben :noidea:

If the Steelers film practices looking forward to someone leaking the Zapruder film of this

86WARD
01-03-2019, 10:20 AM
Thanks - the mirror universe to the Kaboly story AB threw a football at Ben :noidea:

If the Steelers film practices looking forward to someone leaking the Zapruder film of this

Call Belichick. He probably has it...

Dwinsgames
01-03-2019, 10:22 AM
someone wake me up when all the cheerleaders and Drama queens are on another team ....

so sick an tired of this shit ...

sign some football players who like to hit and bleed instead of bitch and moan that there is " to much pressure"

teegre
01-03-2019, 10:22 AM
Call Belichick. He probably has it...

Goodell burned it already.

86WARD
01-03-2019, 10:30 AM
someone wake me up when all the cheerleaders and Drama queens are on another team ....

so sick an tired of this shit ...

sign some football players who like to hit and bleed instead of bitch and moan that there is " to much pressure"

Those days are long gone. You couldn’t fill two teams with the players you are looking for..lol.

AtlantaDan
01-03-2019, 11:16 AM

AB going with the perspective that unlike AB some teammates quit putting maximum effort into the 2018 season

Did Smith-Schuster’s Team MVP Set Off Antonio Brown? And How Should the Steelers Handle Him?

“He was just frustrated,” said one source. “The MVP vote—it’s those things that set him off. He was unreal in New Orleans, we still lost, and the vote comes out and it’s JuJu. So he shows up for work, he’s not voted MVP, he’s in a bad way, and that carried over into the walkthrough.”...

Brown has explained to those close to him that he didn’t feel some of his teammates were as invested in 2018 as he was, and it was showing up in their work, and he was fed up with it. The standard, as he saw it, was slipping. And his side of the story holds that his handling of last week—from the Wednesday outburst to the Saturday no-show—was a manifestation of how he felt about the state of the team.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/03/antonio-brown-steelers-juju-smith-schuster-trade-possibility

Dwinsgames
01-03-2019, 11:22 AM
AB going with the perspective that unlike AB some teammates quit putting maximum effort into the 2018 season

Did Smith-Schuster’s Team MVP Set Off Antonio Brown? And How Should the Steelers Handle Him?

“He was just frustrated,” said one source. “The MVP vote—it’s those things that set him off. He was unreal in New Orleans, we still lost, and the vote comes out and it’s JuJu. So he shows up for work, he’s not voted MVP, he’s in a bad way, and that carried over into the walkthrough.”...

Brown has explained to those close to him that he didn’t feel some of his teammates were as invested in 2018 as he was, and it was showing up in their work, and he was fed up with it. The standard, as he saw it, was slipping. And his side of the story holds that his handling of last week—from the Wednesday outburst to the Saturday no-show—was a manifestation of how he felt about the state of the team.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/03/antonio-brown-steelers-juju-smith-schuster-trade-possibility

they need to quit coming here and stealing my post for stories LOL

86WARD
01-03-2019, 11:23 AM
Seems like many involved in that organization weren’t as invested in 2018 as they should be...

Mojouw
01-03-2019, 11:31 AM
So what people are saying is that there are two sides to every story and maybe we should all wait a few beats before reacting when only one side is out there? Nah. That's dumb.

Dwinsgames
01-03-2019, 11:41 AM
So what people are saying is that there are two sides to every story and maybe we should all wait a few beats before reacting when only one side is out there? Nah. That's dumb.

1 side ...

team side ...

Paid to do a job , show up and be accountable .... you are not paid to like it ... you are paid to follow instructions and perform

if you can not do that then you could find yourself looking for work or working somewhere else ...

86WARD
01-03-2019, 11:42 AM
1 side ...

team side ...

Paid to do a job , show up and be accountable .... you are not paid to like it ... you are paid to follow instructions and perform

if you can not do that then you could find yourself looking for work or working somewhere else ...

What about Tomlin? At what point is he held accountable?

Mojouw
01-03-2019, 11:47 AM

For what? A player went AWOL and he benched him as well as slapping down the nonsense approach of having the agent grovel for the player.

I mean what else can he do?

The only open question for me is that if we view it from AB's side, who wasn't working and doing things up to the mark? Rookies? Veterans? Starters? Randoms? Or did AB just invent slights to feed his ego?

Depending on the answers to those questions, Tomlin may have more work to do. My crazy theory is that AB feels Ben R doesn't work hard enough and isn't held accountable enough for missed passes and poorly timed turnovers. This version of things makes a ton of sense to me and there are data points that MAY document this. I also think that AB is the kind of guy that is going to perceive things in a twisted way that makes everything a slight or a disrespect issue.

So say it is a beef between AB, Ben, and Tomlin sides with Ben -- what are you gonna do? Start Mason Rudolph?

Lady Steel
01-03-2019, 11:51 AM
AB needs Ben more than Ben needs AB. :chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
01-03-2019, 11:57 AM

don't be ridiculous...

Dwinsgames
01-03-2019, 12:05 PM

I agree .....

AtlantaDan
01-03-2019, 12:27 PM
The only open question for me is that if we view it from AB's side, who wasn't working and doing things up to the mark? Rookies? Veterans? Starters? Randoms? Or did AB just invent slights to feed his ego?

Depending on the answers to those questions, Tomlin may have more work to do. My crazy theory is that AB feels Ben R doesn't work hard enough and isn't held accountable enough for missed passes and poorly timed turnovers. This version of things makes a ton of sense to me and there are data points that MAY document this. I also think that AB is the kind of guy that is going to perceive things in a twisted way that makes everything a slight or a disrespect issue.

My guess is he was frustrated with Washington’s failure to develop as the #3 receiver, which was shared by Ben in his post-Denver radio comments and by the coaches when they benched Washington

But I agree the big question is how AB regards Ben. Ben had criticized AB for incidents such as the tossed Gatorade tub in the past but the post-Denver comments that criticized AB for sloppy route running went after his skills as a receiver. That after a game in which Ben threw two critical INTs (both on targets to AB) and responded with the standard “gunslingers gotta sling” justification.

AB probably is fed up with the sloppy INTs and knows more than we ever will about plays not being executed because Ben blew it. Ben criticizing someone else for not executing a play in practice may have been the last straw for AB.

Not justifying AB’s behavior, just looking for a semi-rational explanation for what appears to be irrational behavior.

86WARD
01-03-2019, 12:30 PM
For what? A player went AWOL and he benched him as well as slapping down the nonsense approach of having the agent grovel for the player.

I mean what else can he do?

So say it is a beef between AB, Ben, and Tomlin sides with Ben -- what are you gonna do? Start Mason Rudolph?

Blount goes AWOL, Harrison goes AWOL, now AB goes AWOL. How many players have gone AWOL prior to those? It’s not a coincidence. It’s a circus under Tomlin...and it hasn’t changed.

In this case and any case, Tomlin can’t take sides. He is the head coach. He needs to be able to manage Ben and AB from two different ways. He can’t side with one player or the other.

This is his “ship”, it’s sinking fast and the Standard has no longer become the Standard.

hawaiiansteeler
01-03-2019, 12:49 PM
Kevin Gorman: Steelers have no choice but to trade Antonio Brown

KEVIN GORMAN | Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019

Trading wide receiver Antonio Brown would result in the Steelers’ absorbing $21.12 million of dead money on their salary cap next season.

As Mike Tomlin was talking about Antonio Brown, the All-Pro receiver was mocking him on social media and erasing whatever was left of the invisible line he had crossed with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

That Brown appeared on a video with James Harrison, one of Tomlin’s harshest critics since being cut by the Steelers, was a betrayal beyond Brown’s self-centered antics before a must-win season finale with playoff implications.

Tomlin had a lengthy explanation for what went down last week, when Brown was excused from practices but skipped the Saturday walkthrough and was benched for the Bengals game at Heinz Field. But Tomlin couldn’t defend Brown and didn’t bother to try when asked if the Steelers superstar had let his teammates down by going radio silent.

“Absolutely,” Tomlin said, “when we’re talking about our darkest hour, when we’re talking about playing to win a game and needing other dominoes to fall to be in the tournament and the guy not communicating, that is a real element of discussion, certainly.”

to read rest of article:

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14462786-74/kevin-gorman-steelers-have-no-choice-but-to-trade-antonio-brown

Butch
01-03-2019, 01:03 PM

So I read this article and it seems very lacking to me. 1st of all who is the source in Pittsburgh? Is it James Harrison, Leveon Bell, or even AB himself or maybe it was TJ Watt? 2ndly while I can see Ben doing what is said, what happened prior to all of this? It seems that part has been left out. I have seen way to many times someone reports something as fact when in reality it's only partially factual.

Mojouw
01-03-2019, 01:08 PM
Blount goes AWOL, Harrison goes AWOL, now AB goes AWOL. How many players have gone AWOL prior to those? It’s not a coincidence. It’s a circus under Tomlin...and it hasn’t changed.

In this case and any case, Tomlin can’t take sides. He is the head coach. He needs to be able to manage Ben and AB from two different ways. He can’t side with one player or the other.

This is his “ship”, it’s sinking fast and the Standard has no longer become the Standard.

In 2 out of the 3, Tomlin acted swiftly and removed the player from the roster. AB is still ongoing and that may be the end result.

Is your argument that there is something that Tomlin is doing that is causing players to go AWOL? If so, what do you think it is?

My take is that Blount is a notorious jerk that has never demonstrated an ability to be part of a team on a consistent basis. Harrison is a disgruntled veteran player who vastly over-estimated his remaining abilities. That being said, Tomlin is not without blame. I believe he attempts to foster intense competition up and down the roster by using playing time as the ultimate barometer and reward for practice and prior game performance. However, there are certain situations on every NFL roster where you can not always do that - primarily with 1st and 2nd round draft picks that need game starts/reps to have any shot of developing during that cheap-o rookie deal. I strongly suspect that this gets Tomlin into trouble with grouchy veteran players. Guys like Burnett, Chickillo, Alaualu, and DHB take it in stride and buy in. Proven egomaniacs like Blount and Harrison don't and it gets ugly quick. Again, I am not certain what a HC is intended to do in that spot. He can't cave to the demands of players and I would argue that in each case (Blount and Harrison) the better player played (Bell and Watt).

Turning to AB, we see a guy who runs on "disrespect" like most of us run on food and water. So he turns everything into an "AB against the world kinda thing". Years of doing that mean you eventually run out of real things and you start twisting everything into a slap in the face. He watches his QB week in and week out miss open receivers (trust me, AB thinks he is always open!), turn to other players in crunch-time, and toss back-breaking INTs. All the while, there is a drumbeat in the background of "What is wrong with AB?", "Is AB still good?", "Why doesn't AB catch 135 this year?". Then in the Saints game he turns in a performance for the books, and the next day a 2nd year guy gets voted the team MVP. AB takes all this as a personal affront and comes to work spoiling for a fight. Tomlin hopes he cools off and returns to the fold. The agent tries to build a bridge and Tomlin tells them both to go sit and spin.

Based on everything I have read, that is the sequence of events and likely mindset of AB. Taking the two together, I fail to understand what Tomlin could have done besides exactly what he did?

- - - Updated - - -

So I read this article and it seems very lacking to me. 1st of all who is the source in Pittsburgh? Is it James Harrison, Leveon Bell, or even AB himself or maybe it was TJ Watt? 2ndly while I can see Ben doing what is said, what happened prior to all of this? It seems that part has been left out. I have seen way to many times someone reports something as fact when in reality it's only partially factual.

Pretty much. Anytime a source doesn't want to go on the record, you have to consider the motivations of that source and what agenda they might have.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-03-2019, 02:10 PM

The Video of James Jones on NFL Network in this link is some interesting insight.

The part about having a family spat, but guys that respect one another talking it out and moving on is on point. Will have to see if that happens, but possible that mutual respect for each other between AB and Ben isn't necessarily there.

fansince'76
01-03-2019, 02:20 PM
In 2 out of the 3, Tomlin acted swiftly and removed the player from the roster. AB is still ongoing and that may be the end result.

More than a safe bet that Blount was also tampered with by the Patriots.

DesertSteel
01-03-2019, 02:22 PM
The problem I have with that story is the so-called analysts that the NFL Network hires... James Jones, Ike Taylor, Reggie Bush, Reggie Wayne, et al. They were good players but are completely incompetent as analysts and wouldn't know the first thing about reporting.

fansince'76
01-03-2019, 02:25 PM
The problem I have with that story is the so-called analysts that the NFL Network hires... James Jones, Ike Taylor, Reggie Bush, Reggie Wayne, et al. They were good players but are completely incompetent as analysts and wouldn't know the first thing about reporting.

:iagree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg9ruee3Vos

:chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-03-2019, 02:27 PM

Watch the video in the link.

James Jones was in the league 10 years and likely knows some older guys on the team like Joe Haden, DHB and AB. Jones also played 4 seasons in Green Bay with Morgan Burnett and Jones is the one who broke the story that Burnett was going to Pittsburgh in the offseason.

One source in the locker room is likely Burnett.

86WARD
01-03-2019, 02:29 PM

Is your argument that there is something that Tomlin is doing that is causing players to go AWOL? If so, what do you think it is?

My take is that Blount is a notorious jerk that has never demonstrated an ability to be part of a team on a consistent basis. Harrison is a disgruntled veteran player who vastly over-estimated his remaining abilities. That being said, Tomlin is not without blame. I believe he attempts to foster intense competition up and down the roster by using playing time as the ultimate barometer and reward for practice and prior game performance. However, there are certain situations on every NFL roster where you can not always do that - primarily with 1st and 2nd round draft picks that need game starts/reps to have any shot of developing during that cheap-o rookie deal. I strongly suspect that this gets Tomlin into trouble with grouchy veteran players. Guys like Burnett, Chickillo, Alaualu, and DHB take it in stride and buy in. Proven egomaniacs like Blount and Harrison don't and it gets ugly quick. Again, I am not certain what a HC is intended to do in that spot. He can't cave to the demands of players and I would argue that in each case (Blount and Harrison) the better player played (Bell and Watt).

Turning to AB, we see a guy who runs on "disrespect" like most of us run on food and water. So he turns everything into an "AB against the world kinda thing". Years of doing that mean you eventually run out of real things and you start twisting everything into a slap in the face. He watches his QB week in and week out miss open receivers (trust me, AB thinks he is always open!), turn to other players in crunch-time, and toss back-breaking INTs. All the while, there is a drumbeat in the background of "What is wrong with AB?", "Is AB still good?", "Why doesn't AB catch 135 this year?". Then in the Saints game he turns in a performance for the books, and the next day a 2nd year guy gets voted the team MVP. AB takes all this as a personal affront and comes to work spoiling for a fight. Tomlin hopes he cools off and returns to the fold. The agent tries to build a bridge and Tomlin tells them both to go sit and spin.

Based on everything I have read, that is the sequence of events and likely mindset of AB. Taking the two together, I fail to understand what Tomlin could have done besides exactly what

I have no idea what Tomlin has or has not done to create these issues or if he’s done anything at all. All I know is that it is happening under is watch and it’s happened more than once. Of course it happens to teams...but on multiple occasions in multiple years is a red flag to me.

As far as what could Tomlin have done better? If he did indeed take Ben’s side, that’s a problem. We also don’t know the full story and what exactly has been done or discussed behind closed doors...all this has been is he said she said. I’m basing my thoughts off of this week and the last few seasons as a whole and I don’t think he’s handled any of these things very well. I like Tomlin but he’s been going downhill imo.

Mojouw
01-03-2019, 02:33 PM
I have no idea what Tomlin has or has not done to create these issues or if he’s done anything at all. All I know is that it is happening under is watch and it’s happened more than once. Of course it happens to teams...but on multiple occasions in multiple years is a red flag to me.

As far as what could Tomlin have done better? If he did indeed take Ben’s side, that’s a problem. We also don’t know the full story and what exactly has been done or discussed behind closed doors...all this has been is he said she said. I’m basing my thoughts off of this week and the last few seasons as a whole and I don’t think he’s handled any of these things very well. I like Tomlin but he’s been going downhill imo.

So basically you (and I) have no idea what is actually going on, have no ideas (just as I don't) on how it could or should have been handled differently, and you seem to be angry because your favorite team is losing and you feel they look foolish.

I'm not trying to come at you specifically or at a personal level in any way shape or form. But I am attempting to understand the perspective that I can not wrap my head around that is highly popular around here. I only quoted your response because you did respond and seem willing to talk about it. So please do not take this as an attack in any way.

86WARD
01-03-2019, 02:54 PM
So basically you (and I) have no idea what is actually going on, have no ideas (just as I don't) on how it could or should have been handled differently, and you seem to be angry because your favorite team is losing and you feel they look foolish.

I'm not trying to come at you specifically or at a personal level in any way shape or form. But I am attempting to understand the perspective that I can not wrap my head around that is highly popular around here. I only quoted your response because you did respond and seem willing to talk about it. So please do not take this as an attack in any way.

Not taking this as an attack at all. I’ll tell you exactly how I feel.

The team is a joke right now and has been for several years. This week just threw them to the bottom of the barrel. It’s an embarrassment. The constant around all the issues, drama, under achieving, embarrassment has been Mike Tomlin. I’ve been a Tomlin supporter for a long time and even yesterday I was supportive. But the press conference and everything added up as a whole has rubbed me the wrong way. He’s not the answer at head coach IMO. Not any longer. His actions and letdowns and coach speak is old. I’d like to see him address the issues on the coaching staff...Butler is a joke, Smith is a joke, Porter is the biggest joke ever yet nothing has been done. Other teams are already in the process and “changes are coming” but when? After it’s too late? Fire Butler and promote Tom Bradley and continue working the same trash defense they have? Basically it’s just a big ball of clusterfuck that needs to be fixed.

Trading AB isn’t the answer. The only way I trade AB is if I am getting an attractive deal with multiple players/picks AND AB is giving money back to the team. Otherwise, he plays for the Steelers and Figures it out or rides the bench.

Kind of all over the place but maybe you get the basic understanding from my point of view...

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-03-2019, 02:57 PM

The aspects of football that these "analysts" contribute to that reporters like LaCanfora, Eisen, Schrager, etc don't are things like:

-knowing the techniques involved with playing the game and positions. The X and O's so to speak.
-knowing the culture of NFL locker rooms and those group dynamics
-knowing and having trust or access to current NFL players that may not otherwise speak candidly with "reporters"

Having ex NFL players that know the game and have relationships is a better way to get insight into the current NFL, that reporters don't get. Any clown on the Steelers beat can "report" what they are told at press conferences and during media scrums, but few players are gonna tell DK, Fittipaldo, LaCanfora, Schefter what is really going on because they might not trust them.

Mojouw
01-03-2019, 03:00 PM
Not taking this as an attack at all. I’ll tell you exactly how I feel.

The team is a joke right now and has been for several years. This week just threw them to the bottom of the barrel. It’s an embarrassment. The constant around all the issues, drama, under achieving, embarrassment has been Mike Tomlin. I’ve been a Tomlin supporter for a long time and even yesterday I was supportive. But the press conference and everything added up as a whole has rubbed me the wrong way. He’s not the answer at head coach IMO. Not any longer. His actions and letdowns and coach speak is old. I’d like to see him address the issues on the coaching staff...Butler is a joke, Smith is a joke, Porter is the biggest joke ever yet nothing has been done. Other teams are already in the process and “changes are coming” but when? After it’s too late? Fire Butler and promote Tom Bradley and continue working the same trash defense they have? Basically it’s just a big ball of clusterfuck that needs to be fixed.

Trading AB isn’t the answer. The only way I trade AB is if I am getting an attractive deal with multiple players/picks AND AB is giving money back to the team. Otherwise, he plays for the Steelers and Figures it out or rides the bench.

Kind of all over the place but maybe you get the basic understanding from my point of view...

I still don't think I get it. Other than firing the ST and Defensive staff (which I line up behind as well) the rest just sounds like you are somewhat angry and embarrassed. That's cool and you are more than justified in feeling that way. But I still don't hear what is supposed to have changed other than the Steelers win more games and you feel better about being a fan of the team.

The questions that started all this is the line of attack/critique that Tomlin has bungled the AB stuff over the last 10-14 days. I have yet to hear how that should have been handled other than to somehow prevent AB from throwing a tantrum and/or to drag a public apology or statement of regret out of AB. While both of those would be ideal, I believe that those are beyond the capability of any human being to compel another human being to do.

So I get left with the idea that there is anger and frustration and a sense that THINGS MUST CHANGE RIGHT THE HELL NOW but little in the way of what that should or even could be.

Hawkman
01-03-2019, 03:06 PM
I still don't think I get it. Other than firing the ST and Defensive staff (which I line up behind as well) the rest just sounds like you are somewhat angry and embarrassed. That's cool and you are more than justified in feeling that way. But I still don't hear what is supposed to have changed other than the Steelers win more games and you feel better about being a fan of the team.

The questions that started all this is the line of attack/critique that Tomlin has bungled the AB stuff over the last 10-14 days. I have yet to hear how that should have been handled other than to somehow prevent AB from throwing a tantrum and/or to drag a public apology or statement of regret out of AB. While both of those would be ideal, I believe that those are beyond the capability of any human being to compel another human being to do.

So I get left with the idea that there is anger and frustration and a sense that THINGS MUST CHANGE RIGHT THE HELL NOW but little in the way of what that should or even could be.

I don’t know, I think I’d keep Dunbar.:wink02::heh:

86WARD
01-03-2019, 03:31 PM

Tomlin hasn’t just “botched” the last 10-14 days with Brown. I suspect this has been going on for a very long time with Brown and his antics and Nothing has been done in regards to it. That falls on Tomlin. He’s mismanaged AB to the extreme and now it’s come to the point where it might not be able to be repaired. It should’ve been handled very early on, probably years ago. If I am Rooney and I need to choose between Brown and Tomlin, I’d consider very hard to take Brown over Tomlin. Look at all the drama...all of it has been mismanaged in one way or another. These things fester and then blow up to the circus. So again, I ask, who does it fall in to get these things under control? It’s HIGHLY unlikely that these players that are labeled Gods and untouchable one day all of a sudden crash down to be the problem children that they ultimately have become. Somewhere in there, there is “poor parenting”.

So what should have been done differently? Tomlin should’ve addressed these things along time ago so they don’t get to the point where it is now.

Mojouw
01-03-2019, 03:42 PM
Tomlin hasn’t just “botched” the last 10-14 days with Brown. I suspect this has been going on for a very long time with Brown and his antics and Nothing has been done in regards to it. That falls on Tomlin. He’s mismanaged AB to the extreme and now it’s come to the point where it might not be able to be repaired. It should’ve been handled very early on, probably years ago. If I am Rooney and I need to choose between Brown and Tomlin, I’d consider very hard to take Brown over Tomlin. Look at all the drama...all of it has been mismanaged in one way or another. These things fester and then blow up to the circus. So again, I ask, who does it fall in to get these things under control? It’s HIGHLY unlikely that these players that are labeled Gods and untouchable one day all of a sudden crash down to be the problem children that they ultimately have become. Somewhere in there, there is “poor parenting”.

So what should have been done differently? Tomlin should’ve addressed these things along time ago so they don’t get to the point where it is now.

That all could be true, but you have to see that you have made a series of assumptions to arrive at your conclusion?

And that is part of my point. Almost all of this is massively speculative at this point and requires a significant series of assumptions to be made in order to reach any conclusions. I know what mine are (that Ben is given too much of a free pass and that AB is an egomaniac) but it is my opinion that there are a series of assumptions that are not being acknowledged.

Remember, the absence of evidence (you knowing what Tomlin said or did) is not the evidence of absence (Tomlin did nothing).

86WARD
01-03-2019, 03:56 PM
But is it really speculative with ABs history of antics? A simple google search will bring up a variety of drama surrounding Brown. I don’t recall hearing any punishments or benchings or fines from these previous issues.

Mojouw
01-03-2019, 04:04 PM
But is it really speculative with ABs history of antics? A simple google search will bring up a variety of drama surrounding Brown. I don’t recall hearing any punishments or benchings or fines from these previous issues.

Again -- Remember, the absence of evidence (you knowing what Tomlin said or did) is not the evidence of absence (Tomlin did nothing).

Tomlin has done one thing and one thing only in an unwavering fashion since he got the job - he doesn't talk about player discipline/conduct issues unless the league forces him to. Just because Tomlin didn't say anything or the consequences were not visible, then we can only speculate on what took place.

GoSlash27
01-03-2019, 04:14 PM

Which gets back to my point: That's why the FO is in charge of this stuff and we aren't. It's rare for anybody to make a decision in the heat of the moment, then look back and think "I'm really glad I decided to do that".
It'll be a long time before anybody is going to decide what to do about AB or anyone on the staff, and cooler (and wiser) heads will prevail.
And, of course, since none of us actually make any of these decisions and nobody in the FO takes our advice or even pays the slightest bit of attention to us... it's kinda silly to argue about what "we" should or should not do. "We" have no authority and couldn't do anything even if we wanted.

All of the arguing about "fire the bums" is nothing more than histrionics; frustrated fans throwing a tantrum. And while it's probably a healthier alternative, it does get old pretty quickly... :D

86WARD
01-03-2019, 05:10 PM
Again -- Remember, the absence of evidence (you knowing what Tomlin said or did) is not the evidence of absence (Tomlin did nothing).

Tomlin has done one thing and one thing only in an unwavering fashion since he got the job - he doesn't talk about player discipline/conduct issues unless the league forces him to. Just because Tomlin didn't say anything or the consequences were not visible, then we can only speculate on what took place.

It should never have gotten to this point and there is a history (a recent history) in this organization of unnecessary drama...which each team has but not to the extent in which this team has. Has Tomlin been held accountable for any of this. I doubt it since it’s still happening today. Blount, Bell, Bryant, AV, Harrison, Brown...I mean come on...and some of these guys are multiple offenders...and this is what we know of...who knows what else this team is hiding with this group of players and this leadership. To say Tomlin has done what he is supposed to have done...it’s a little too late and now the whole organization is suffering.

Mojouw
01-03-2019, 05:23 PM
It should never have gotten to this point and there is a history (a recent history) in this organization of unnecessary drama...which each team has but not to the extent in which this team has. Has Tomlin been held accountable for any of this. I doubt it since it’s still happening today. Blount, Bell, Bryant, AV, Harrison, Brown...I mean come on...and some of these guys are multiple offenders...and this is what we know of...who knows what else this team is hiding with this group of players and this leadership. To say Tomlin has done what he is supposed to have done...it’s a little too late and now the whole organization is suffering.

I can get what you are point towards, but I don't see the connection where this is the fault of a specific coach or the coaching staff.

Blount - got benched for the better player and couldn't handle it. Cut almost immediately.
Bryant - drug problems and attitude issues. Shipped out of town as soon as a clear offer was made.
Bell - served a drug suspension and then nothing until he went off the reservation about contract issues. Quite literally nothing a coach can do about either of those.
Harrison - relegated to the bench because Watt was better and Harrison was incapable of playing on the other side. Despite coaches overlooking his poor attitude an workplace tantrums, Deebo left. He got quickly released, signed up with another team played a handful of non-descript games including a SB appearance where he and the entire LB corps looked washed up. Now out of the league and tossing firebombs from social media. Again, what else was the coach intended to do? Guy has revealed himself to be a jerk.
AV - chose to stand for the anthem. Tomlin let the players figure it out and it came off poorly. Again, unless you are arguing that Tomlin needed to enforce his politics and viewpoints on 53 other men then what else was there to do? What if Tomlin had said NO ONE stands and NO ONE goes on the sideline? Is that leadership?

That leaves Brown, which has been beaten to death. I think what this all demonstrates is that coaches have very little control over what football players do and how they conduct themselves. All they can do is enforce team rules and regulations. But when guys violate them, they are left with either benchings or suspensions as visible tools and who knows what behind the scenes.

In terms of policing player conduct and behavior, the only sin I see Tomlin guilty of is treating a bunch of 20-40 year olds like mature responsible grown-ups that are in charge of their own decisions and actions. A handful of times that has burned him. But it also explains his longevity and success in the NFL. Guys that yell and scream and try and micromanage what players do and how they live quickly wear thin and get shown the door.

86WARD
01-03-2019, 05:57 PM
What you listed there is great and you can spin it however you like to make Tomlin look like he’s handled it properly but he hasn’t. It’s still continuing! Has it happened with Andy Reid since T.O.? Sure it has Kareem Hunt. But what else? Has it happened in Seattle? Sure it has, the middle finger incident. What else? Has this sort of stuff happened in New England? Philadelphia? Los Angeles? No. Not to the extent that it’s been happening here in Pittsburgh. And to go beyond your list, what about Blount and Bell drug stop? What about Bell leaving a walk through during The playoffs? What about the nonsense tweeting Bryant did when JuJu was drafted? What about Brown throwing his temper tantrums during training camp? The list goes far beyond what you have listed there. It’s petty nonsense and distractions that should have been put to an end loooooong ago. That all falls on Tomlin. Players just think they can do whatever they want. So let’s just say Tomlin has done everything you should do as a head coach and there was nothing else he could’ve done. Then why are these type of players being drafted...assuming that it’s ONLY the players fault and not a culture that has been created. You sign a Malcontent RB to back up a malcontent that you drafted. You keep a carryover malcontent LB, you draft two malcontent WRs. Why? If Tomlin does everything right and there’s no more he could do discipline wise, why add that sort of thing to the locker room? Is it not the equivalent of shooting themselves in the foot?

You can’t act like Tomlin has no fault in this game. I get where you are coming from but point is...a precedent should have been set long ago...imo. And it wasn’t...other than taking a ping pong table away...

Mojouw
01-03-2019, 06:16 PM
What you listed there is great and you can spin it however you like to make Tomlin look like he’s handled it properly but he hasn’t. It’s still continuing! Has it happened with Andy Reid since T.O.? Sure it has Kareem Hunt. But what else? Has it happened in Seattle? Sure it has, the middle finger incident. What else? Has this sort of stuff happened in New England? Philadelphia? Los Angeles? No. Not to the extent that it’s been happening here in Pittsburgh. And to go beyond your list, what about Blount and Bell drug stop? What about Bell leaving a walk through during The playoffs? What about the nonsense tweeting Bryant did when JuJu was drafted? What about Brown throwing his temper tantrums during training camp? The list goes far beyond what you have listed there. It’s petty nonsense and distractions that should have been put to an end loooooong ago. That all falls on Tomlin. Players just think they can do whatever they want. So let’s just say Tomlin has done everything you should do as a head coach and there was nothing else he could’ve done. Then why are these type of players being drafted...assuming that it’s ONLY the players fault and not a culture that has been created. You sign a Malcontent RB to back up a malcontent that you drafted. You keep a carryover malcontent LB, you draft two malcontent WRs. Why? If Tomlin does everything right and there’s no more he could do discipline wise, why add that sort of thing to the locker room? Is it not the equivalent of shooting themselves in the foot?

You can’t act like Tomlin has no fault in this game. I get where you are coming from but point is...a precedent should have been set long ago...imo. And it wasn’t...other than taking a ping pong table away...

A lot to agree with in that post and a lot where you are ignoring points that have been countered before with evidence and facts as well as relitigating things that have been beaten to death. Pick a franchise and do a deep dive on Google for the past 10 years and you can find tons of stuff that equals what is going on in Pittsburgh. The AB stuff is the only really unique thing, and even that is not unprecedented.

You want Tomlin gone. I get it. You may be totally correct but ignoring any contrary evidence and not articulating what you want done differently is making it hard for me to understand what you are after.

Like what would a new regime do differently to prevent things like this happening in the future?

86WARD
01-03-2019, 06:27 PM
I’m not an NFL head coach or disciplinarian so I can’t answer that question. but again...it should’ve been handled years ago and the fact that it continued to occur on a regular basis shows that whatever was done, if anything, wasn’t done correctly. It’s not like this is an isolated incident. The drama is occurring on a regular basis. If you’re asking what I want done, it’s too late because like I said, should’ve been set a long time ago and hasn’t. At this stage, players can do whatever they want and there will be another incident once AB is gone and I’m sure Tomlin will give some Tomlinisms, maybe bench the player, take his ping pong privileges away, handle something in house like men and follow the Standard. But again, nothing will change. It’s the culture and the only way to fix it is to bring in a new one. Tomlin has lost it over the years and it shows. What other teams is this happening to this frequently over this extended period of time? No team has been as dramatic as this team. None. It’s full of drama and under achievement and reflection of the leadership or lack there of.

To be honest, I’m tired of talking about Tomlin because he’s not going anywhere because the Rooney’s have this “Steelers Thing” they can’t go against...but 2019 is going to be more of the same once they trade AB and make the “changes” (Munchak out) to the coaching staff. It will be more drama and more underachieving. Maybe not underachieving so much as they won’t be nearly as good as they should’ve been this year. This year they left a Super Bowl Trophy on the table. 7 was sitting there and they got up from the table.

tom444
01-03-2019, 06:54 PM
I can get what you are point towards, but I don't see the connection where this is the fault of a specific coach or the coaching staff.

Blount - got benched for the better player and couldn't handle it. Cut almost immediately.
Bryant - drug problems and attitude issues. Shipped out of town as soon as a clear offer was made.
Bell - served a drug suspension and then nothing until he went off the reservation about contract issues. Quite literally nothing a coach can do about either of those.
Harrison - relegated to the bench because Watt was better and Harrison was incapable of playing on the other side. Despite coaches overlooking his poor attitude an workplace tantrums, Deebo left. He got quickly released, signed up with another team played a handful of non-descript games including a SB appearance where he and the entire LB corps looked washed up. Now out of the league and tossing firebombs from social media. Again, what else was the coach intended to do? Guy has revealed himself to be a jerk.
AV - chose to stand for the anthem. Tomlin let the players figure it out and it came off poorly. Again, unless you are arguing that Tomlin needed to enforce his politics and viewpoints on 53 other men then what else was there to do? What if Tomlin had said NO ONE stands and NO ONE goes on the sideline? Is that leadership?

That leaves Brown, which has been beaten to death. I think what this all demonstrates is that coaches have very little control over what football players do and how they conduct themselves. All they can do is enforce team rules and regulations. But when guys violate them, they are left with either benchings or suspensions as visible tools and who knows what behind the scenes.

In terms of policing player conduct and behavior, the only sin I see Tomlin guilty of is treating a bunch of 20-40 year olds like mature responsible grown-ups that are in charge of their own decisions and actions. A handful of times that has burned him. But it also explains his longevity and success in the NFL. Guys that yell and scream and try and micromanage what players do and how they live quickly wear thin and get shown the door.

The problem is the players they bring in. Guys like AB don't become selfish overnight.

Butch
01-03-2019, 06:59 PM
Watch the video in the link.

James Jones was in the league 10 years and likely knows some older guys on the team like Joe Haden, DHB and AB. Jones also played 4 seasons in Green Bay with Morgan Burnett and Jones is the one who broke the story that Burnett was going to Pittsburgh in the offseason.

One source in the locker room is likely Burnett.

Ok I watched the link and it still leaves unanswered questions. watching the link was no different than reading the article.

I get what you say about his sources and most likely being Burnett, but we don't know if the "Source" saw everything that happened leading up to this incident. For instance maybe the two of them had a private discussion prior to the practice and that bled over into the play on the field. I am not saying Ben is without fault in any of this, but the story does not paint the whole picture. Also an un-named source could be anybody and while Burnett may have been most likely that, it still isn't 100% sure, it very well could have been AB himself.