PDA

View Full Version : Steelers players throw support behind Tomlin as early offseason begins

hawaiiansteeler
12-31-2018, 08:45 PM
Steelers players throw support behind Tomlin as early offseason begins

JOE RUTTER | Monday, Dec. 31, 2018

Black Monday hit the NFL coaching ranks hard as six head coaches were fired within 24 hours after the regular season ended Sunday night. With openings already existing in Cleveland and Green Bay, one-quarter of the league’s 32 teams have vacancies.

The Pittsburgh Steelers haven’t fired a coach in 50 years and despite the team missing the playoffs for the first time in five years, Mike Tomlin’s tenure is expected to extend to a 13th season.

That might not satisfy an angry fan base that watched the Steelers win two of their final six games to finish 9-6-1 and miss the playoffs by one-half game. But Tomlin continues to have support of the members of the Steelers locker room, and that was evident by their words Monday morning when players began cleaning out their lockers in preparation for a sooner-than-expected offseason.

to read rest of article:

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14457816-74/steelers-players-throw-support-behind-tomlin-as-early-offseason-begins

st33lersguy
12-31-2018, 09:17 PM
Yeah cause they know they can get away with anything with Tomlin.

hawaiiansteeler
12-31-2018, 09:45 PM
Yeah cause they know they can get away with anything with Tomlin.

AB didn't...

Lady Steel
01-01-2019, 01:27 AM
They will be in Tomlin's doghouse if they don't support him.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-01-2019, 10:14 AM
The Sensabaugh quote that Tomlin "always tells you the why" is something I think is great. Coaching should not just be telling players what to do, but why they are doing it that way. I thought this would be universal in NFL coaching, but by #24 saying that is something he appreciates, then it leads me to believe that not all coaches he has had in the NFL explain "the why".

Doesnt look like he lost the locker room like Adam Gase reportedly did.