PDA

View Full Version : Steelers FO has Called on You! Upgrade One Position. Who Is It?

Craic
12-30-2018, 08:25 PM
Scenario:

Craic glares at the offending device interrupting his milk and cookies.

Ring! Ring!

He slams the cup on the table with authority and follows it with a fist that breaks his cookie, but it doesn't stop the incessant ringing. Now, covered in milk and shedding tears over the lost cookies, he gives in and picks up the phone.

Only then does he notice the 412 area code. Huh, this is interesting!

He wipes the crumbs from his beard. "Hello?"

"Craic?"

Craic's knuckles turn white around the phone. "No! You idiot. I'm not some drug. it's not Crack. it's Craic. Long A! Craic . . . What? You visited dad in Ireland a few years ago, and they pronounced it Crack? Huh. okay. So I am named after a form of cocaine after all. Oops. Shoulda done more study. Wait, never mind that. Why are you calling?"

In the following few minutes, Craic is given the chance of a lifetime. The Rooneys have decided to let him upgrade one player-position. He hangs up in disbelief, then quickly leans over and empties his stomach into the garbage can. He also learns milk and cookies taste better on the first pass.

​Question:

So, one chance. One position. what position would you upgrade? Why? Who would you get in free agency?

And NO COACH Upgrades. We have enough threads on that subject, thank you.

pepsyman1
12-30-2018, 08:30 PM
Cornerback. Ronald Darby from the Eagles

Born2Steel
12-30-2018, 08:37 PM
First of all. LOVE IT! Nicely done and well thought out.

If I can get 1 FA this year I take Jadeveon Clowney 3-4 OLB. He immediately upgrades this pass rush. On 3rd and 5+ who does the OL double? Watt or Clowney? Let him rotate with Dupree who can also move inside if needed.

Almost went CB with this game. Still may be my final answer. We'll see.

86WARD
12-30-2018, 09:06 PM
I trade for Jalen Ramsey.

EzraTank
12-30-2018, 09:09 PM

I said this earlier in the year. There were rumors he wants out. #1 this year and next for this dude. He's 24 and is going to be a stud for many years and we can't draft a CB to save our franchise.

Craic
12-30-2018, 09:34 PM
Trade Tomlin, Butler and Tyler Eifert for Ramsey.

And NO COACH Upgrades. We have enough threads on that subject, thank you.

/10char

teegre
12-30-2018, 09:37 PM

I hadn’t though of that before. Good idea!!!

Wait... Pat Mahomes!!!

NCSteeler
12-30-2018, 10:10 PM
Oh I don't know who it is, but it has got to be ILB nearly every defensive struggle can be tied to the man in the middle. The communication the lack of TE coverage

Also we gotta quit drafting athletes and draft some football players.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Fire Goodell
12-30-2018, 10:29 PM
QB. If we can get a QB better than Ben, it would definitely improve our chances :chuckle:

Think about it, defense is on the up, we found a great 1-2 punch at RB, we have a good 1-2 at WR. Capable TE's.

And an accident prone QB who's probably ranked #8-10 in the league. Let's get the #3 QB in the league and we're champions :o