PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Season is over.

Iron Steeler
12-30-2018, 06:59 PM
1. Steelers are eliminated from the playoffs
2. Ravens make the tournament
3. Ravens are King of the North
4. Steelers have no one to blame but themselves
5. During this off season Rooney needs to remember our losses to the Raiders, Broncos, Chargers and tie to the Browns.

Crow-Magnon
12-30-2018, 07:03 PM
I’ll say this: both our teams better look out for Cleveland the next few years. They aren’t pushovers any more.

vader29
12-30-2018, 07:09 PM
https://i.ibb.co/djLLTTm/2q289v.jpg

steelerdude15
12-30-2018, 07:10 PM
Yeah, we pretty much are eliminated unless the Colts and Texans tie which won't happen.

Born2Steel
12-30-2018, 07:10 PM
I’ll say this: both our teams better look out for Cleveland the next few years. They aren’t pushovers any more.

While i will not disagree with you about the Browns have improved. Those are not the typical Steelers and Ravens teams we saw this year either. Represent the North well.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-30-2018, 07:14 PM
I’ll say this: both our teams better look out for Cleveland the next few years. They aren’t pushovers any more. Congrats to your team! As for The Browns they finally got a QB but still many missing pieces on that team. Anyhow have a great and Happy New Year!

FrancoLambert
12-30-2018, 07:16 PM
Everybody stay safe, no drinking and driving. We need everybody back. :tt02:

st33lersguy
12-30-2018, 07:16 PM
Hoping the Chargers make it out of the AFC and can prevent Baltimore and New England from winning the AFC. Chiefs, Texans, and winner of Colts/Titans are not legitimate Super Bowl contenders

Born2Steel
12-30-2018, 07:18 PM
Go Titans! Still hate the Colts.

Crow-Magnon
12-30-2018, 07:22 PM
Go Titans! Still hate the Colts.

Me too! Always and forever!

Happy New Year to all of you. Today was my 30th wedding anniversary. I'm glad I'm not beating the dog right now!

12-30-2018, 07:23 PM
Everybody stay safe, no drinking and driving. We need everybody back. :tt02: Thanks and you do the same and have a great new year Bro.

BlackAndGold
12-30-2018, 07:31 PM
It's now draft season.

Wonder which defensive back the Steelers will overdraft this time?

- - - Updated - - -

The Steelers 2018 season via picture.

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/image.php?u=1638&dateline=1538375193

faninyork
12-30-2018, 07:52 PM

Happy New Year to all of you. Today was my 30th wedding anniversary. I'm glad I'm not beating the dog right now!

Happy New Year to you! We celebrated our 30th in August. Happy Anniversary!

Craic
12-30-2018, 07:56 PM
1. Steelers are eliminated from the playoffs
Not yet. They can still get in with a tie between the Colts and Titans. No, I'm not holding my breath either.

- - - Updated - - -

https://i.ibb.co/djLLTTm/2q289v.jpg

:chuckle: That's hilarious.

Shoes
12-30-2018, 07:56 PM

You can say that again. Congrats on the win Crow.

Dwinsgames
12-30-2018, 07:58 PM
Hoping the Chargers make it out of the AFC and can prevent Baltimore and New England from winning the AFC. Chiefs, Texans, and winner of Colts/Titans are not legitimate Super Bowl contenders

I got the Chiefs ... they can score with anyone and in a league where defense is becoming less and less important take the best Offense

pczach
12-30-2018, 07:58 PM

Congrats on the win Crow.

A new season begins for your team and everyone has a chance to win it all. Go 4-0 and you hoist the trophy!

12-30-2018, 08:05 PM
I got the Chiefs ... they can score with anyone and in a league where defense is becoming less and less important take the best Offense I said last week the NFL wants a KC vs Saints SB and again book it! Also the Pats will lose the AFC Championship game to KC. If you don't believe me just ask Vince McMahon he told me so.

steelreserve
12-30-2018, 08:06 PM
Congrats on the win Crow.

A new season begins for your team and everyone has a chance to win it all. Go 4-0 and you hoist the trophy!

I'll still take the Ravens over the Patriots.

Born2Steel
12-30-2018, 08:16 PM
I'll still take the Ravens over the Patriots.

I'll take the Ravens over the field.

cubanstogie
12-30-2018, 08:49 PM
am I the only one watching tonight hoping for a tie? Its not over yet!

st33lersguy
12-30-2018, 08:52 PM
I got the Chiefs ... they can score with anyone and in a league where defense is becoming less and less important take the best Offense

Their defense is trash and Andy Reid is a perpetual playoff choker. Whoever the Chiefs play in the divisional round will be the team that knocks them out

teegre
12-30-2018, 08:53 PM

I’m right there with you. :nod:

Hawkman
12-30-2018, 08:55 PM

I am. It’s been a crazy game so far.....so who knows.

86WARD
12-30-2018, 08:56 PM
Biggest wasted season of all time. The teams in the AFC could’ve b en trampled by this team had they had their shit together...

Biggest disaster of a season since the 80s

Shoes
12-30-2018, 09:01 PM
Biggest wasted season of all time. The teams in the AFC could’ve b en trampled by this team had they had their shit together...

Not to worry Tomlin said he will be painting with a broader brush on Tuesday. :chuckle:

vasteeler
12-30-2018, 09:04 PM

DAMMIT!!!...I completely agree

st33lersguy
12-30-2018, 09:08 PM
No joke the AFC has been so unimaginably weak the last 2 years, a real head coach and a real coaching staff would have marched through the AFC last year and would march through the AFC this year again with this amount of talent (especially offensively) for the 2nd year in a row. However, a glorified cheerleader in Tomlin, (yes he is nothing more than a glorified cheerleader) with Milton Waddams and Forrest Gump as his coordinators and a position coaches (not all obviously) that don't know how to get much of anything out of a player, proceeds to piss away this talent with an embarrassing one and done at the hands of a vastly superior Jags team quarterbacked by one of the worst QBs in the NFL and then after leading 2.5 games with 6 games left proceeds to miss the playoffs entirely. A golden opportunity pissed away

smokin3000gt
12-30-2018, 09:17 PM

Don't give up yet, the night's still young

Shoes
12-30-2018, 09:20 PM

Congrats on your anniversary also, not many who make it that far these days!

NCSteeler
12-30-2018, 09:22 PM
am I the only one watching tonight hoping for a tie? Its not over yet!Nope. For all the crap I spew from time to time. I know this Steelers team can win any given game, there is still a chance.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

NCSteeler
12-30-2018, 09:25 PM
No joke the AFC has been so unimaginably weak the last 2 years, a real head coach and a real coaching staff would have marched through the AFC last year and would march through the AFC this year again with this amount of talent (especially offensively) for the 2nd year in a row. However, a glorified cheerleader in Tomlin, (yes he is nothing more than a glorified cheerleader) with Milton Waddams and Forrest Gump as his coordinators and a position coaches (not all obviously) that don't know how to get much of anything out of a player, proceeds to piss away this talent with an embarrassing one and done at the hands of a vastly superior Jags team quarterbacked by one of the worst QBs in the NFL and then after leading 2.5 games with 6 games left proceeds to miss the playoffs entirely. A golden opportunity pissed awayI feel ya man. It was a pretty fabulous choke job

NCSteeler
12-30-2018, 10:13 PM
Titans screwing this thing up. Dammit. Lol

86WARD

I’m watching...lol.

teegre
Titans screwing this thing up. Dammit. Lol

We need the Music City Miracle... part II.

86WARD
12-30-2018, 10:20 PM
2 TDs and 2 2pt conversions...

NCSteeler
12-30-2018, 10:21 PM
Blaine gabbert throwing deep there is an ugly idea

If marriota can't stay healthy he may go down as a waste. This team is way better with him, but he's always in and out of the lineup

NCSteeler
12-30-2018, 10:24 PM
Book those hunting, fishing, golf trips. It's over.

Fire Goodell
12-30-2018, 10:32 PM
We didn't make the playoffs simply cause we weren't as good as Baltimore. They deserved it more than we did. Are they more talented? No, but they handled their business when they had to.

teegre
12-30-2018, 10:42 PM
Blame me and 86Ward

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/29499-Prediction-for-the-6th-seed-in-the-AFC?p=662377&viewfull=1#post662377

AtlantaDan
12-30-2018, 10:55 PM
We didn't make the playoffs simply cause we weren't as good as Baltimore. They deserved it more than we did. Are they more talented? No, but they handled their business when they had to.

Agreed - Harbaugh retooled the offense with the switch from Flacco to Jackson while the Ravens went 3-1 against the AFC West (with an impressive split of road games at KC & LA) while the Steelers went 0-4 against the AFC West (featuring the craptastic Raiders loss)

Although it would have been nice if the Ravens had blown the lead against the Browns, as a fan I will be glad to put this season behind me. Every season ends in some degree of disappointment unless your team wins a Lombardi but starting with the Bell drama this has pretty much been a cluster except for the mirage of the six game winning streak and the win over the Pats. The team mailing it in today against the Bengals indicates to me they are ready to shut it down as well

But thanks to everyone for sharing their perspectives on this forum and here’s to hoping for better days ahead :drink:

NCSteeler
12-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Agreed - Harbaugh retooled the offense with the switch from Flacco to Jackson while the Ravens went 3-1 against the AFC West (with an impressive split of road games at KC & LA) while the Steelers went 0-4 against the AFC West (featuring the craptastic Raiders loss)

Although it would have been nice if the Ravens had blown the lead against the Browns, as a fan I will be glad to put this season behind me. Every season ends in some degree of disappointment unless your team wins a Lombardi but starting with the Bell drama this has pretty much been a cluster except for the mirage of the six game winning streak and the win over the Pats. The team mailing it in today against the Bengals indicates to me they are ready to shut it down as well

But thanks to everyone for sharing their perspectives on this forum and her’s to hoping for better days ahead :drink:Hoping for a happier new year, I just imagine the Steelers retooling their offense or defense to fit a certain player. Especially mid season that is a big deal

Mojouw
12-30-2018, 11:43 PM
Cool. Another off season. Can't wait to hear about how teams can win with Alex Smith, Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco, and Kirk Cousins at QB.

Likely a few solid threads blaming Tomlin for the plague and Spanish Inquisition. Which is ridiculous because Butler is responsible for the plague and I'm almost able to prove that if Bud Dupree could set the edge the Inquisition wouldn't have taken place.

I'll be sure to post a few unhinged rants about how Jesse James can't block and Coty Sensabaugh is stealing money.

I bet liberal snowflakes get mentioned a few times. And to round it all out, there will almost certainly be some poetry about how clever a coach Harbaugh is.

After all that, we can argue over the draft. It will involve the words panic and overdraft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fansince'76
12-30-2018, 11:50 PM
Their defense is trash and Andy Reid is a perpetual playoff choker. Whoever the Chiefs play in the divisional round will be the team that knocks them out

Reid's never really had much at QB either. He wasn't winning shit with McNabb and especially not Alex Smith.

Fire Goodell
12-30-2018, 11:52 PM
Reid's never really had much at QB either. He wasn't winning shit with McNabb and especially not Alex Smith.

This Mahomes kid is the real deal. I am pretty sure he's going to win at least one ring before it's all said and done

AtlantaDan
12-31-2018, 12:02 AM
Ed B. of the P-G with a twist of the knife :chuckle:

(https://mobile.twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/1079595100328640512)

Fire Goodell
12-31-2018, 12:15 AM
Mike Hawk?

86WARD
12-31-2018, 05:47 AM
Steelers are the 3rd team to start 7-2-1 or better through 10 games & fail to reach the playoffs since the current playoff format was adopted in 1990.

The other 2 teams were the 1995 Raiders (8-2) and 1993 Dolphins (8-2), who both lost QBs to injury.

Only team to collapse with the starting QB at the helm...

steelerdude15
12-31-2018, 10:43 AM
Steelers are the 3rd team to start 7-2-1 or better through 10 games & fail to reach the playoffs since the current playoff format was adopted in 1990.

The other 2 teams were the 1995 Raiders (8-2) and 1993 Dolphins (8-2), who both lost QBs to injury.

Only team to collapse with the starting QB at the helm...

That's just pathetic.

NCSteeler
12-31-2018, 02:51 PM
This Mahomes kid is the real deal. I am pretty sure he's going to win at least one ring before it's all said and doneKC has the highest point differential in the AFC by a long distance like 20 . There are three teams in the NFC that are higher or similar. But of course the SB is the great equalizer most years.