PDA

View Full Version : Freeman's turn to try Steelers defense

polamalubeast
09-24-2010, 08:26 AM
PITTSBURGH - The Steelers have faced a pair of talented young quarterbacks in Atlanta's Matt Ryan and Tennessee's Vince Young over the past two weeks and left both licking their wounds following those games.
Ryan and Young, both Pro Bowl players, combined to complete 34 of 54 passes for 318 yards, no touchdowns and four interceptions in losing to the Steelers. Young didn't even make it out of the third quarter, getting pulled in favor of veteran Kerry Collins.

Up next for the Steelers is Tampa Bay's Josh Freeman, a second-year quarterback with just 12 career starts.

The Steelers (2-0) travel to Tampa Bay (2-0) Sunday in a meeting between two of the eight remaining unbeaten teams in the NFL.

"They aren't like any other defense we have seen," said Freeman, who led the Buccaneers to wins in four of their past five games, no small feat for a team that won just three games last year.
"They do a great job of mixing it up, getting pressure on the quarterback and forcing turnovers. We realize that it is going to be a big challenge, but we are not really changing anything. Obviously, there are game plans we are changing, but we are sticking to our core principals, keeping the ball secure and just taking what they give us."

Thus far, the Steelers haven't given opposing teams much.

Pittsburgh is tied with Miami for the fewest points allowed (20) through two weeks. The Steelers have given up just one touchdown, that coming in the final minute against the Titans after they switched to a prevent defense to protect a 19-3 lead.

read more

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/localsports/9-24-Steelers-defensive-work

salamander
09-24-2010, 10:17 AM
...Pittsburgh is tied with Miami for the fewest points allowed (20) through two weeks. The Steelers have given up just one touchdown, that coming in the final minute against the Titans after they switched to a prevent defense to protect a 19-3 lead.

read more

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/localsports/9-24-Steelers-defensive-work

I really wish they would stop doing that... it rarely, if ever, works for them.

Texasteel
09-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Don't sell Freeman short. I think Josh will end up an extreamly good QB, and could very well go off on us if we don't show up ready to play. Having said that, I hope to see him distroiyed on Sunday, and I think the defense we have been watching can do that.

If Brown can take the opening kickoff back for a TD, that would help.

ALLD
09-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Freeman is going to get skooled "LeBeau style".

steelpride12
09-24-2010, 03:10 PM
I never look past any QB and for sure not Freeman, but all I have to say to the young fellow is "good luck, May God help you."

venom
09-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Freeman could be in for a rude awakening

stillers4me
09-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Just posted on Twitter: JFreeman@VYoung Vin, you got any last minute advise for me? reply@JFreeman Run for your life.

SteelGhost
09-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Just posted on Twitter: JFreeman@VYoung Vin, you got any last minute advise for me? reply@JFreeman Run for your life.

:toofunny::rofl2:

steeldevil
09-24-2010, 04:15 PM

good advice

HometownGal
09-24-2010, 05:14 PM

:lol: :rofl: :lol:

I almost feel sorry for Freeman. ALMOST.

If the Bucs can't get their almost non-existent rushing attack going, which is going to take an almost superhuman effort, it is going to be a LONG, LONG day for Mr. Freeman.

ALLD
09-24-2010, 07:21 PM
Plus they lost their best player on defense because he has a need to smoke pot. You see why Holmes was traded away so quickly.

BigNastyDefense
09-24-2010, 07:36 PM

:rofl::tt03::rofl2:

Running for his life won't work.

BucInPittsburgh
09-25-2010, 11:46 AM

VY is terrible at reading defenses and passing the ball, especially the Steelers. And he got benched last week. Why would Freeman ask him for advice?

That's like asking a recently-fired chef how to cook Souffle.

Nadroj 20
09-25-2010, 11:48 AM

:rofl2: thats awesome

Galax Steeler
09-25-2010, 01:28 PM
:rofl::tt03::rofl2:

Running for his life won't work.

Nope Harrison or Woodley will hunt you down and destroy you there is nowhere to run.

BigNastyDefense
09-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Nope Harrison or Woodley will hunt you down and destroy you there is nowhere to run.

And if one of those two don't find you, Troy Polamalu will!

Psycho Ward 86
09-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Plus they lost their best player on defense because he has a need to smoke pot. You see why Holmes was traded away so quickly.

Barrett Ruud will be killing us on every play that he's a part of, dont worry

BucInPittsburgh
09-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Our best defensive player was never Tanard Jackson. It was either Barrett Ruud or Aqib Talib.

Tanard was playing bad football lately anyway...**** him.

SMR
09-25-2010, 10:03 PM
And if one of those two don't find you, Troy Polamalu will!

Or Lawrence Timmons will, or Aaron Smith will, or Ryan Clark will, the list goes on and on...

Dang, we're LOADED!!