PDA

View Full Version : Mike Munchak Name Is Floating As HC Again

Shoes
12-28-2018, 05:51 PM
Another season ending on Sunday and now its really nail chewing time. I see Munch's name on various sites for an HC candidate. It will probably be the only coach we lose this year.

Edman
12-28-2018, 05:55 PM
It would be the cherry on the shit sundae for Munchak to be the only coach to leave and have the buffoon squad still around.

BlackAndGold
12-28-2018, 06:05 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/071c91a60ebb6ab9f150f3edd8f30c30/tenor.gif?itemid=5606969

Six Rings
12-29-2018, 09:55 AM
Another season ending on Sunday and now its really nail chewing time. I see Munch's name on various sites for an HC candidate. It will probably be the only coach we lose this year.

Munch > Tomlin. He's excellent and unlike Russ Grimm, who Tomlin beat out, very smart. Choose wisely.

st33lersguy
12-29-2018, 10:07 AM
This would be a bad move for all parties, Munchak, the Steelers, and the team that hires him. The Steelers lose easily their best assistant coach and then are no longer able to get by with less heralded O-linemen being coached up to the best of their abilities. For Munch he would be going from a position where he is successful and given a lot of praise to a higher pressure position where he hasn't been successful. As for the team that would hire him, they would be hiring a retread head coach which has not panned out especially recently and they would be hiring an unsuccessful prior head coach. I don't see any winners here

DesertSteel
12-29-2018, 10:12 AM
This would be a bad move for all parties, Munchak, the Steelers, and the team that hires him. The Steelers lose easily their best assistant coach and then are no longer able to get by with less heralded O-linemen being coached up to the best of their abilities. For Munch he would be going from a position where he is successful and given a lot of praise to a higher pressure position where he hasn't been successful. As for the team that would hire him, they would be hiring a retread head coach which has not panned out especially recently and they would be hiring an unsuccessful prior head coach. I don't see any winners here
The rest of the AFC North.

Shoes
12-29-2018, 10:12 AM

Maybe he would take a lateral move with a team that paid more and was serious about football.

DesertSteel
12-29-2018, 10:13 AM
Maybe he would take a lateral move with a team that paid more and was serious about football.
Lol

86WARD
12-30-2018, 06:46 AM
Hasn’t Munchak started he doesn’t want to be a head coach?

pczach
12-30-2018, 06:57 AM

It's one thing to say it, and another thing to turn down $8 mil/year.

He may have been completely sincere when he said it, but never say never.

AtlantaDan
12-30-2018, 09:15 AM

This was the statement he issued after withdrawing from consideration for the Cardinals job

And he made this statement this past fall

“I think I’m prepared for the opportunity,” Munchak said. “It’s just a matter of it being in the right place at the right time and someone feeling like, ‘Hey, this guy would be a good fit for us.’ ”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2018/11/06/Ron-Cook-Mike-Munchak-Steelers-offensive-line-coach-NFL-Mike-Tomlin-Randy-Fichtner-Ben-Roethlisberger-Keith-Butler/stories/201811070071

Having been fired once Munchak may have recognized the Cardinals were a dumpster fire looking at a major rebuild and decided to wait for better opportunities.

Losing assistants to better jobs is something successful teams deal with. Under Cowher assistants who left for HC jobs included Capers, Haslett, Gailey and Mularkey (LeBeau made a lateral move in the mid-90s from Steelers DC to Bengals DC, allegedly due to conflicts with Cowher, before becoming Bengals HC).

My recollection is that Arians has been the only assistant under Tomlin who subsequently became a HC. That may be a reflection of how the rest of the league has viewed the overall quality of Tomlin's coaching staff.

ALLD
12-30-2018, 06:30 PM
The Steelers should pay Munch whatever he wants within reason to stay. He is the best coach on the team albeit in a specialized squad.

lipps83
12-30-2018, 06:47 PM
Give him a bump in pay and make him the assistant head coach.

Craic
12-30-2018, 07:52 PM
The Steelers should pay Munch whatever he wants to stay. He is the best coach on the team albeit in a specialized squad.

FIFY

pepsyman1
12-30-2018, 08:05 PM

Mike is a smart guy that knows football. Just because his first stint as a HC failed doesn't mean that's an indictment for life. Belichick didn't impress anyone as the head coach of the Browns. Dick Vermeil did ok and then fell apart in Philly before winning a Super Bowl for the Rams. I think Munchak will end up a head coach somewhere.

tube517
12-31-2018, 09:34 AM
http://nfltraderumors.co/broncos-request-permission-to-interview-steelers-ol-coach-mike-munchak/

Stains and Donkeys want to interview Munch

DesertSteel
12-31-2018, 09:40 AM
In an unselfish way, I hope Munch gets another chance. I'd love for it to be with the Steelers, but that's unlikely. I think he'll succeed big-time if he gets a good situation. We don't really deserve him with our staff of boobs.

DesertSteel
12-31-2018, 09:49 AM
Munch had Matt Hasslebeck near the end of his career the first two years (9-7 and 6-10) and Ryan Fitzpatrick the third year (7-9). Not exactly HOF Quaterbacks.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-31-2018, 10:38 AM
Munch had Matt Hasslebeck near the end of his career the first two years (9-7 and 6-10) and Ryan Fitzpatrick the third year (7-9). Not exactly HOF Quaterbacks.

But, the stats nerds will tell you that Ryan Fitzpatrick has more TD passes in his career than Troy Aikman, so therefore he is a future HOF QB. Munch had talent at QB, but just couldn't get it done back then.

DesertSteel
12-31-2018, 10:46 AM
At 58, Munch better get a sniff soon or the ship will sail.........................

Lady Steel
12-31-2018, 01:22 PM
The Steelers need to keep Munch and get rid of the dumbass rednecks.

Istina
12-31-2018, 01:47 PM
http://nfltraderumors.co/broncos-request-permission-to-interview-steelers-ol-coach-mike-munchak/

I could see him giving the Packers or Browns a shot they each have a good quarterback in place. I'd stay away from the Broncos if I were Munch.

Hawkman
12-31-2018, 03:11 PM
The Steelers need to keep Munch and get rid of the dumbass rednecks.

Define your version of “rednecks” . I live in Va and some of the the people I work with are rednecks, and they are also the smartest and most enlightened “folks” I know. Please don’t call someone a “redneck” because they sat ya’ll.

Dwinsgames
01-01-2019, 08:32 AM

add the Dolphins who just submitted a request

Born2Steel
01-01-2019, 08:37 AM
I could see him giving the Packers or Browns a shot they each have a good quarterback in place. I'd stay away from the Broncos if I were Munch.

I could see Munch going to the Packers and taking Bell and Brown with him. That might make his job easier.

fansince'76
01-01-2019, 09:25 AM
Promote him to asst HC and raise his salary accordingly.

tube517
01-01-2019, 09:31 AM
add the Dolphins who just submitted a request

Also the Packers

GBMelBlount
01-01-2019, 10:55 AM

Might be a great way to keep him and also benefit from his previous experience (good or bad) as a head coach.

A few years as an assistant head coach and he might be the logical choice to replace Tomlin if that ever happens.

Shoes
01-01-2019, 11:12 AM

Good idea

smokin3000gt
01-02-2019, 09:11 AM

That's a good idea. Munch has HC offers every year it seems so it's not like this is his one shot to coach so he better take it. He could be content with less responsibility or he could be getting the itch after all these years. This could be a good move down the middle

DesertSteel
01-02-2019, 09:13 AM

That's a good idea.
An even better idea would be to promote him to Head Coach!

86WARD
01-02-2019, 09:33 AM
Has there been any word on the status of Butler or Smith?

tube517
01-02-2019, 10:09 AM
Has there been any word on the status of Butler or Smith?

Unfortunately, nothing on that at all.

Mojouw
01-02-2019, 10:53 AM
What qualities would Munch bring to the table?

OL coaching and? It wasn’t good last time. He doesn’t coordinate offense or defense. He doesn’t build rosters.

I just don’t see it. But I don’t run NFL teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AtlantaDan
01-02-2019, 11:06 AM
What qualities would Munch bring to the table?

OL coaching and? It wasn’t good last time. He doesn’t coordinate offense or defense. He doesn’t build rosters.

I just don’t see it. But I don’t run NFL teams.

Tomlin was a DBs coach with one year as a coordinator for a 6-10 team

John Harbaugh was a special teams coach with one final year as DBs coach for the Eagles

Both turned out OK after allegedly hitting their job interviews out of the park

Teams may want a HC who can communicate with players (the Steelers OL loves Munchak and has been drama free unlike the rest of the offense) and can hire an OC & DC who can do their jobs without worrying about the HC always looming over their shoulder. Just my best guess he could be a fit for an organization where the front office has a lot of clout (such as Elway in Denver)

Add to that there are once again a lot of vacancies without a lot of obvious candidates (for example Lincoln Riley got a new deal at Oklahoma) and I can see why teams are at least kicking the tires on Munchak by giving interviews

Mojouw
01-02-2019, 11:49 AM
Tomlin was a DBs coach with one year as a coordinator for a 6-10 team

John Harbaugh was a special teams coach with one final year as DBs coach for the Eagles

Both turned out OK after allegedly hitting their job interviews out of the park

Teams may want a HC who can communicate with players (the Steelers OL loves Munchak and has been drama free unlike the rest of the offense) and can hire an OC & DC who can do their jobs without worrying about the HC always looming over their shoulder. Just my best guess he could be a fit for an organization where the front office has a lot of clout (such as Elway in Denver)

Add to that there are once again a lot of vacancies without a lot of obvious candidates (for example Lincoln Riley got a new deal at Oklahoma) and I can see why teams are at least kicking the tires on Munchak by giving interviews

You’re not wrong. I just don’t get it. All the recent HC hires that have dramatically improved teams brought either a defensive or most commonly an offensive system. Munch has to hit two hires out of the park. Odds are not in your favor there. Difillipo was a universally lauded hire in Minnesota and he absolutely stunk.

AtlantaDan
01-02-2019, 12:16 PM
You’re not wrong. I just don’t get it. All the recent HC hires that have dramatically improved teams brought either a defensive or most commonly an offensive system. Munch has to hit two hires out of the park. Odds are not in your favor there. Difillipo was a universally lauded hire in Minnesota and he absolutely stunk.

Agreed Munchak would not be my first choice but when you have 8 vacancies not everyone gets their first choice.

FWIW this article on former HCs most likely to get another shot at HC does not include Munchak (but does include BA)

It’s weird out there (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/31/broncos-are-believed-to-be-eyeing-john-harbaugh-mike-shanahan/), a lot of familiar names are going to pop (https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/31/nfl-coaching-firing-hiring-new-candidates) up again and Bruce Arians likes all the jobs. (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001006493/article/bruce-arians-would-listen-if-buccaneers-called-him) :chuckle:

With the absence of a star college coach like David Shaw, Lincoln Riley or Brian Kelly ascending to the professional ranks for now (more on that down below), the prevailing theme during the mad interview dash so far has been assessing the crop of second-time candidates. Two reasons why: First, because there isn’t a massive wave of qualified first-time candidates out there, and second, because there’s usually a mistake or two made when nearly a quarter of the league gets fired at once.

So let’s size up that group in a top-five ranking...

1. Vance Joseph...
2. Mike McCarthy...
3. Josh McDaniels...
4. Adam Gase...
T5. Todd Bowles...
T5. Bruce Arians

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/02/nfl-coaching-carousel-top-second-chance-candidates-vance-joseph-mike-mccarthy

I do not get Vance Joseph leading that list since I never figured out why Denver hired him and could certainly see Munchak being hired over Joseph, Bowles or BA. :noidea:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-02-2019, 01:03 PM
I do not get Vance Joseph leading that list since I never figured out why Denver hired him and could certainly see Munchak being hired over Joseph, Bowles or BA. :noidea:

Yeah, I don't get Joseph, Gase or Bowles getting HC gig, but somebody is gonna give at least 2 of them a shot. BA has a track record and I can see it, but not sure the Browns will go that way.

Gase lost the locker room and hitched his wagon to Tannehill. I give him 3 strikes for those moves and he seems like a lame duck.

Munchak too I think is a good teacher, but not so much of a leader IMO. He may get another shot just because of the market. On that note, Stacy Seareals just got let go as O line coach at Miami FL. He is one of the better O line coaches in college and has coached guys like Andrew Witworth, Stephen Peterman and Cordy Glenn. He has never coached in the NFL, but was drafted by the Chargers after he finished his career at Auburn when he blocked for Bo Jackson.

teegre
01-02-2019, 02:53 PM
Munchak had garbage at QB in Tennessee. His players loved him... and played hard for him. It’s like Chuck Noll said when he arrived in Pittsburgh: “You guy play your hearts out... but, you’re just not any good.”

I do not want Munchak yo leave, but I wish him the very best if he does. Furthermore, his teams will play hard and be well-coached, but (like most coaches) his QB will ultimately determine his win-loss record.

As far as Tomlin goes... In Tampa Bay, he turned a good secondary into a championship-level secondary. (Too bad he cannot do the same here.) In Minnesota, he had the #1 ranked defense on a team that was 6-10 (think about how difficult it is to rank #1 on defense when on a losing team). But, Yes, Tomlin’s performance as a coach got him in the room, while his interview got him the job.

DesertSteel
01-02-2019, 03:03 PM
Wherever Munch goes, I'll be a fan of that team (sans NE and Balt).

teegre
01-02-2019, 03:04 PM
Wherever Munch goes, I'll be a fan of that team (sans NE and Balt).

Me, too. :nod:

“I” want to play for him.

DesertSteel
01-02-2019, 03:09 PM
So let’s size up that group in a top-five ranking...

1. Vance Joseph...
2. Mike McCarthy...
3. Josh McDaniels...
4. Adam Gase...
T5. Todd Bowles...
T5. Bruce Arians

Seriously, there's no way that Gase or Jospeh even sniff a HC job. Bowles is a bit of a stretch, but possible.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-02-2019, 04:22 PM
Me, too. :nod:

“I” want to play for him.

Munchak is a reportedly great teacher...but the scouting report on YOU is that you are a heavy legged waist bender that would rather sum up your position than establish one. YOU have no chance sir.:salute:

AtlantaDan
01-02-2019, 05:08 PM
Seriously, there's no way that Gase or Jospeh even sniff a HC job. Bowles is a bit of a stretch, but possible.

A bad market for owners hiring coaches can be a good market for those who might be marginal candidates in other seasons

Even though he was fired on Monday morning by the Dolphins (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dolphins-reportedly-fire-adam-gase-could-be-the-opening-for-rex-ryan-to-get-back-in-nfl-with-miami/), Adam Gase is going to be a hot coaching candidate in a year where there are lots of openings and not a ton of really high-profile, viable candidates for those jobs. To wit: he's already getting buzz in both Denver and Cleveland as the next head coach in those spots.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-coaching-rumors-peyton-manning-has-interest-in-browns-getting-adam-gase-and-is-in-owners-ear/

Vance Joseph, fired Monday by the Denver Broncos after back-to-back losing seasons, will be interviewed by the Bengals on Thursday and Friday (https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/12/26/would-vance-joseph-join-cincinnati-bengals-if-denver-broncos-fire-him/2417109002/), according to reports.
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/2019/01/02/bengals-head-coach-candidate-vance-joseph-faced-sex-assault-allegations-colorado/2463760002/

Joseph at least will be getting interviews to cover Rooney Rule obligations

Mojouw
01-02-2019, 05:11 PM
And people wonder why there are bad teams that are consistently bad. Just recycling other franchises mistakes because they have the label as "NFL Coach".

DO SOMETHING NEW THAT WILL HELP YOUR FRANCHISE WIN FOOTBALL GAMES! YOU RISK AVERSE COWARDS!

Ok. I feel better now.

That being said, the Steelers will fire Butler and hire some "tried and true" DC candidate who will trot out the same defensive schemes that are currently being gouged across the NFL landscape.

GBMelBlount
01-02-2019, 05:35 PM
Munchak is a reportedly great teacher...but the scouting report on YOU is that you are a heavy legged waist bender that would rather sum up your position than establish one. YOU have no chance sir.:salute:

:rofl2:

pczach
01-02-2019, 07:19 PM

Some think he can make the move to defense. He would be another camp body to compete with Chickillo for a roster spot. Teegre has a good motor and will get hustle and cleanup sacks but was tight in the hips and was incapable of the necessary bend and body lean at the edge with no lower body explosion to consistently get to the quarterback. He's projected as a special teams player and a spot OLB in a 3-4.

My gut says he doesn't make the 53.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-02-2019, 07:26 PM
Some think he can make the move to defense. He would be another camp body to compete with Chickillo for a roster spot. Teegre has a good motor and will get hustle and cleanup sacks but was tight in the hips and was incapable of the necessary bend and body lean at the edge with no lower body explosion to consistently get to the quarterback. He's projected as a special teams player and a spot OLB in a 3-4.

I might have an older scouting report, but it said Teegre has been beaten down by the demands of parenting and his current body lean is only fitting for the sofa, while the latest lower body explosiveness came from eating a fish taco that might have used old fish.

I hope your intel is better and he has a shot at playing for coach Munchak, but he is a long shot imo.

pczach
01-02-2019, 07:30 PM
I might have an older scouting report, but it said Teegre has been beaten down by the demands of parenting and his current body lean is only fitting for the sofa, while the latest lower body explosiveness came from eating a fish taco that might have used old fish.

I hope your intel is better and he has a shot at playing for coach Munchak, but he is a long shot imo.

:toofunny:

We should dedicate an entire thread to breaking down teegre's scouting report for every position on the field! :rofl2:

teegre
01-02-2019, 08:00 PM

Pffft... I am a beast with suddenness & glide.

86WARD
01-02-2019, 08:01 PM

You lack social media skills.

teegre
01-02-2019, 08:05 PM

It’s not my fault. I learned to play SS from Cam “Dirty D!ck” Thomas. They only transitioned me to OLB, because I wanted to wear 95.

- - - Updated - - -

You lack social media skills.

That’s only because I call it a pound sign instead of a hashtag.

Butch
01-02-2019, 08:05 PM
Hey Wait a minute here...I thought you were a certain GM whose playing days are well behind him...something fishy going on here.

teegre
01-02-2019, 08:08 PM
Hey Wait a minute here...I thought you were a certain GM whose playing days are well behind him...something fishy going on here.

I’m out as a GM. :( It’s time for a comeback as a player.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-02-2019, 11:05 PM

Wow! those are two qualities that translate into awesomeness. Now tell me that you went to some great school like Shippensburgh College and you might be 2019 UDFA to watch. :thumbsup:

fansince'76
01-03-2019, 01:18 AM

I’m out as a GM. :( It’s time for a comeback as a player.

teegre = "Leon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BkIh1R5utY

:chuckle:

teegre
01-03-2019, 10:19 AM
Wow! those are two qualities that translate into awesomeness. Now tell me that you went to some great school like Shippensburgh College and you might be 2019 UDFA to watch. :thumbsup:

Northeastern South Panhandle West Virginia College of Beauty & Optometry

I won the MVP for the Bill Cosby “Muwah” Jell-O Pudding Pop Bowl

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-03-2019, 10:39 AM
teegre = "Leon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BkIh1R5utY

:chuckle:

So true. Leon cant do everything. :toofunny::toofunny:

AtlantaDan
01-05-2019, 02:59 PM

On the issue of how the Denver offense would operate, linked article recycles the rumor Elway is trying to bring back Gary Kubiak as OC to work with whoever is hired as HC

Shoes
01-05-2019, 03:36 PM
He's probably glad to get out of Pittsburgh with all the BS going on.

fansince'76
01-05-2019, 03:47 PM
He's probably glad to get out of Pittsburgh with all the BS going on.

Not sure why, since he's just going to be a lightning rod for Elway's shitty decisions as GM. And then there's the whole ongoing cluster with team ownership.

Mojouw
01-05-2019, 03:52 PM
Not sure why, since he's just going to be a lightning rod for Elway's shitty decisions as GM. And then there's the whole ongoing cluster with team ownership.

YEah. Denver isn’t a great situation. Who plays QB? The defense is aging. And if Kubrick is gonna be the OC, why not just make him the head coach — it is who ELway wants anyways.

Shoes
01-05-2019, 03:53 PM

Yeah, Elway is a royal jackass.

fansince'76
01-05-2019, 03:58 PM
YEah. Denver isn’t a great situation. Who plays QB? The defense is aging. And if Kubrick is gonna be the OC, why not just make him the head coach — it is who ELway wants anyways.

Perhaps a light will go on in Elway's head and they bring Osweiler back for a 3rd go-round (on an inflated salary, of course). :rolleyes:

About the only thing Denver has going for it as a prospective NFL coaching destination at the moment is being a great place to live.

Advice for Munchak: rent, don't buy, particularly if Elway continues to draft guys like Paxton Lynch in the first round.

Shoes
01-05-2019, 04:01 PM
Perhaps a light will go on in Elway's head and they bring Osweiler back for a 3rd go-round (on an inflated salary, of course). :rolleyes:

:lol:

AtlantaDan
01-05-2019, 04:15 PM

Doubtful someone in Munchak’s position is going to get the hotter vacancies such as Cleveland or Green Bay so it depends if at age 58 he thinks his rep is as good as it is going to get for a HC job at his age so you take what you can

I think Elway would hire Kubiak as HC if it were not for Kubiak having quit coaching two years ago due to health problems, which makes it preferable to bring him back initially as OC (Kubiak also allegedly is on the Falcons wish list to replace the hapless OC Steve Sarkasian who the Falcons canned this week)

If Kubiak is OC the new HC in Denver will know who his replacement probably will be if Elway pulls the trigger again

GBMelBlount
01-05-2019, 07:44 PM

About the only thing Denver has going for it as a prospective NFL coaching destination at the moment is being a great place to live.

Advice for Munchak: rent, don't buy, particularly if Elway continues to draft guys like Paxton Lynch in the first round.

Munchak has family there and given the current culture in Pgh, I think it is probably worth the risk.

I would imagine he is disgusted with what is going on here.

Shoes
01-05-2019, 07:50 PM
Munchak has family there and given the current culture in Pgh, I think it is probably worth the risk.

He has other offers also, I'm sure he'll take one of them. He has a good excuse to get out. :chuckle:

fansince'76
01-05-2019, 08:16 PM

If he wants to more than likely be looking for another job in 2 years, I guess.

NCSteeler
01-05-2019, 08:27 PM
If he wants to more than likely be looking for another job in 2 years, I guess.Lots of these guys have enough who to think they can fix it and be the man

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

FrancoLambert
01-05-2019, 08:54 PM
If he wants to more than likely be looking for another job in 2 years, I guess.

.....or retire with a head coach golden parachute. One last big pay day and if it doesn’t work out, ride off into the sunset with a fat wallet.

Born2Steel
01-06-2019, 11:05 AM
Doubtful someone in Munchak’s position is going to get the hotter vacancies such as Cleveland or Green Bay so it depends if at age 58 he thinks his rep is as good as it is going to get for a HC job at his age so you take what you can

I think Elway would hire Kubiak as HC if it were not for Kubiak having quit coaching two years ago due to health problems, which makes it preferable to bring him back initially as OC (Kubiak also allegedly is on the Falcons wish list to replace the hapless OC Steve Sarkasian who the Falcons canned this week)

If Kubiak is OC the new HC in Denver will know who his replacement probably will be if Elway pulls the trigger again

I think a "fit" for a coach like Munch would be with the Jets. You have a young QB in Darnold already. Build an OL to protect him and give him a decent run game. Grab your buddy Todd Haley. Now you have a workable offense. Hire a "Greg Williams" type to run the defense. I think in a couple years that team could be leaders in that AFC East. Brady IS on his way out soon. Some team will rise to the top after that. I think it will be the one in green. And the coach that has the best men in the trenches in an otherwise very soft division.

Mojouw
01-06-2019, 11:07 AM
I think a "fit" for a coach like Munch would be with the Jets. You have a young QB in Darnold already. Build an OL to protect him and give him a decent run game. Grab your buddy Todd Haley. Now you have a workable offense. Hire a "Greg Williams" type to run the defense. I think in a couple years that team could be leaders in that AFC East. Brady IS on his way out soon. Some team will rise to the top after that. I think it will be the one in green. And the coach that has the best men in the trenches in an otherwise very soft division.

Any owner or GM that puts Todd Haley in charge of the development of 2nd year QB should be drug out into the street and tarred and feathered.

Born2Steel
01-06-2019, 11:09 AM
Any owner or GM that puts Todd Haley in charge of the development of 2nd year QB should be drug out into the street and tarred and feathered.

OK, that's fair. That was just the first name that popped into my head Munch might call. Maybe Whisenhunt would be a better name. But do you think I am off about the situation he could have with the Jets?

Mojouw
01-06-2019, 11:19 AM
OK, that's fair. That was just the first name that popped into my head Munch might call. Maybe Whisenhunt would be a better name. But do you think I am off about the situation he could have with the Jets?
Yes. The new blueprint for NFL molding of young QBs is to hire a HC with playcalling or offensive “guru” chops. That way until you fire the HC, you can not alter the QBs development by having an OC get poached for a better offer.

Munch needs a veteran team without a young QB in the early stages of development. So that leaves Tampa and Denver.

Born2Steel
01-06-2019, 11:26 AM
Yes. The new blueprint for NFL molding of young QBs is to hire a HC with playcalling or offensive “guru” chops. That way until you fire the HC, you can not alter the QBs development by having an OC get poached for a better offer.

Munch needs a veteran team without a young QB in the early stages of development. So that leaves Tampa and Denver.

I get you. So you think it would go the same as it did for Munch in Tennessee with Jake Locker then? You're probably right. I still think there is going to be a change in the AFC East coming soon. From what I hear from analysts and other talking heads is Miami is a football wasteland, and Buffalo just seems as cursed as Cleveland has been, maybe more cursed. One of the best teams ever assembled couldn't bring home the trophy. Once Brady has retired I think the owner/coach relationship damage in NE will come to a head quickly and Bill will be gone too.

Mojouw
01-06-2019, 11:34 AM
I get you. So you think it would go the same as it did for Munch in Tennessee with Jake Locker then? You're probably right. I still think there is going to be a change in the AFC East coming soon. From what I hear from analysts and other talking heads is Miami is a football wasteland, and Buffalo just seems as cursed as Cleveland has been, maybe more cursed. One of the best teams ever assembled couldn't bring home the trophy. Once Brady has retired I think the owner/coach relationship damage in NE will come to a head quickly and Bill will be gone too.

I agree that the AFC East is a few years away from big changes. The JEts are assembling talent and cap space. The Pats are just looking older and slower every year. The Bills seem to have the beginnings of a plan and platform to build form and seem keen to cut deadwood. Miami, just seems rudderless and without direction.

Munch just doesnt seem like the guy to shepherded a young QB along. He isn’t a play caller. He isn’t a scheme guy. I think he would insulate his QB well from expectations and do his best (which is really good) to build a OL wall in front of him. But that just doesnt seem to be what the NFL wants anymore. It seems to be that the steps are draft a QB and then find your Mcveigh for that QB. Nagy and Trubisky is the best example besides McVeigh and Goff. Nagy is making Trubisky functional. Take that kids slow decision making and poor mechanics/fundamentals and pair him with another OC/HC and it just isn’t going to go as well. Reid and Mahoney is another. And it seems that Mayfield and Kitchens (of all people) is another example. I read somewhere that the BRowns are going to interview him for the HC job based on how well he ran the offense post Hugh Jackson.

It isn’t so much that I don’t think Munch could do it. It is more that I don’t think anyone wants to let him try.

Shoes
01-07-2019, 03:25 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/07/report-mike-munchak-turned-down-interview-request-from-dolphins/

Rotorhead
01-08-2019, 12:36 PM
Denver news outlets are reporting the Denver job is between Munch and Vic Fangio (Bears Def Coord).

Shoes
01-08-2019, 12:43 PM
Munch must be the front runner because he's staying in Denver until they decide. He'll get the job in Denver and probably take Starrett with him. :chuckle:

hawaiiansteeler
01-08-2019, 02:26 PM
Report: John Elway is choosing between Vic Fangio and Mike Munchak

Posted by Mike Florio on January 8, 2019

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/08/report-john-elway-is-choosing-between-vic-fangio-and-mike-munchak/

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2019, 02:45 PM
Report: John Elway is choosing between Vic Fangio and Mike Munchak

Posted by Mike Florio on January 8, 2019

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/08/report-john-elway-is-choosing-between-vic-fangio-and-mike-munchak/

Article seems to lean to Fangio. If Munchak doesn't get the job, then who is the next target team for Munch?

NCSteeler
01-08-2019, 02:52 PM
I agree that the AFC East is a few years away from big changes. The JEts are assembling talent and cap space. The Pats are just looking older and slower every year. The Bills seem to have the beginnings of a plan and platform to build form and seem keen to cut deadwood. Miami, just seems rudderless and without direction.

Munch just doesnt seem like the guy to shepherded a young QB along. He isn’t a play caller. He isn’t a scheme guy. I think he would insulate his QB well from expectations and do his best (which is really good) to build a OL wall in front of him. But that just doesnt seem to be what the NFL wants anymore. It seems to be that the steps are draft a QB and then find your Mcveigh for that QB. Nagy and Trubisky is the best example besides McVeigh and Goff. Nagy is making Trubisky functional. Take that kids slow decision making and poor mechanics/fundamentals and pair him with another OC/HC and it just isn’t going to go as well. Reid and Mahoney is another. And it seems that Mayfield and Kitchens (of all people) is another example. I read somewhere that the BRowns are going to interview him for the HC job based on how well he ran the offense post Hugh Jackson.

It isn’t so much that I don’t think Munch could do it. It is more that I don’t think anyone wants to let him try.For every nagy and mcviegh there's a ,Tomsula, McAdoo and a Koetter. But I do see where teams constantly highering your OC away makes it hard as a Defensive HC but this too will change when there are more Tomsula, McAdoo and Koetter. I think kitchens is setup for failure, he has no experience like that. The guy from USC could flop easily. A few OC busts and things will swing back . Heck if Chicago and Rams come back to earth a little too when teams figure out their scheme better

fansince'76
01-08-2019, 03:10 PM
Well, if Munch does go, I at least hope the OL dosen't devolve into a complete shitshow again...

Shoes
01-08-2019, 03:50 PM
Well, if Munch does go, I at least hope the OL doesn't devolve into a complete shitshow again...

If Munch does get the job and takes Starrett with him, I'd hope Faneca would be an option. Even if Munch goes and Sterrett stays, I'd still consider Faneca. I don't like the idea of promising jobs to people when there may be better options available.

hawaiiansteeler
01-08-2019, 03:56 PM
If Munch does get the job and takes Starrett with him, I'd hope Faneca would be an option. Even if Munch goes and Sterrett stays, I'd still consider Faneca.

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/fanecasbs.jpg?w=1000

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2019, 03:59 PM
If Munch does get the job and takes Starrett with him, I'd hopeFaneca would be an option. Even if Munch goes and Sterrett stays, I'd still consider Faneca. I don't like the idea of promising jobs to people when there may be better options available.

Yeah, I don't think Munchak is gonna get the Denver gig, but if he moves on I would hope they look at somebody other than Sarrett.

As I said earlier, Stacy Searels was just let go with all the Miami Fl staff when Mark Richt retired. He has been regarded as one of the best O line coaches in college for a while. I would interview him if he had any interest in NFL. He blocked for Bo Jackson at Auburn, coached Andrew Witworth, Cordy Glenn and other NFL O linemen when he was in college.

Shoes
01-08-2019, 04:23 PM
https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/08/broncos-coach-mike-munchak-vic-angio-analysis/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-sports-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%29

Michael
01-08-2019, 04:40 PM
I am thinking about it but I don't think I could do it. I bleed back & gold. I'll root for Denver when they play New England & the Raiders.

AtlantaDan
01-08-2019, 04:54 PM
https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/08/broncos-coach-mike-munchak-vic-angio-analysis/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-sports-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%29

Interesting argument for Fangio in the article

The pros to hiring Fangio: The Broncos may strike gold with a version of Bruce Arians, who worked for years as an assistant before getting a chance with Arizona, where he went 49-30 in five years

IMO a franchise that has won three Super Bowls would not regard going 1-2 in the playoffs with two playoff appearances over a 5 year period as "striking gold" anymore than the Steelers are satisfied with Tomlin's performance over the past 5 seasons

Successful franchises have higher expectations than that - I am pretty sure Elway does

86WARD
01-09-2019, 11:13 AM
Broncos are evidently going with Fangio.

Bluecoat96
01-09-2019, 11:14 AM
Broncos are evidently going with Fangio.Just saw that. Woohoo! Hopefully Munchak stays! Lol

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

tube517
01-09-2019, 11:21 AM

AtlantaDan
01-09-2019, 11:23 AM

Better choice if Kubiak apparenty is going to be the co-HC and run the Broncos offense

Sorry for Coach Munchak but happy for Steelers and their fans

steelerdude15
01-09-2019, 11:24 AM

That is great news for us.

DesertSteel
01-09-2019, 11:38 AM
Better choice if Kubiak apparenty is going to be the co-HC and run the Broncos offense

Sorry for Coach Munchak but happy for Steelers and their fans
Co-HC??? Has there ever been one of those in the NFL? Do you mean Assistant Head Coach?

86WARD
01-09-2019, 11:47 AM
That is great news for us.

If Tomlin doesn’t fire him

st33lersguy
01-09-2019, 11:47 AM
Thank god!

Shoes
01-09-2019, 11:53 AM
Hopefully, he stays, didn't he have something going on with the Browns?

AtlantaDan
01-09-2019, 11:55 AM
Co-HC??? Has there ever been one of those in the NFL? Do you mean Assistant Head Coach?

Elway will not call Kubiak co-HC but de facto that is what it will be in terms of who calls the shots on running the offense based on what has been reported.

The selection of a defensive coordinator to be the HC fits with that.

Think of Buddy Ryan running the Bears defense and being the only so-called assistant coach I can recall being carried off the field on the shoulders of his players after a Super Bowl win

DesertSteel
01-09-2019, 12:04 PM
Elway will not call Kubiak co-HC but de facto that is what it will be in terms of who calls the shots on running the offense based on what has been reported.

The selection of a defensive coordinator to be the HC fits with that.

Think of Buddy Ryan running the Bears defense and being the only so-called assistant coach I can recall being carried off the field on the shoulders of his players after a Super Bowl win
I get your point but there’s still only one HC. It makes sense that a defensive guy wouldn’t run the offense. My question is what does Mike Tomlin do???

st33lersguy
01-09-2019, 12:06 PM

Browns prompted their interim OC to head coach (the one that replaced Haley mid-season)

SteelMember
01-09-2019, 12:33 PM
Broncos pick Vic Fangio over Steelers OL coach Mike Munchak

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/2019/01/broncos-pick-vic-fangio-over-steelers-ol-coach-mike-munchak-report.html

86WARD
01-09-2019, 12:36 PM
NFL.com is reporting that Munchak will stay with Steelers.

SteelMember
01-09-2019, 12:36 PM

Already promoted Freddie Kitchens... and Munchak already declined the interview with Miami.

Not to say he's still safe, but it looks better than it did last week.

Shoes
01-09-2019, 12:38 PM
Already promoted Freddie Kitchens... and Munchak already declined the interview with Miami.

Not to say he's still safe, but it looks better than it did last week.

Hopefully he wants to come back, Dale Lolley said Saxon didn't want to return and will probably end up with Arians in TB

SteelMember
01-09-2019, 12:40 PM
NFL.com is reporting that Munchak will stay with Steelers.

...and that just says "Fangio beat out Mike Munchak, who will remain with the Pittsburgh Steelers as offensive line coach, according to NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala."

86WARD
01-09-2019, 12:41 PM
...and that just says "Fangio beat out Mike Munchak, who will remain with the Pittsburgh Steelers as offensive line coach, according to NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala."

Correct.

SteelMember
01-09-2019, 12:46 PM
Correct.

Just put it there in lieu of a link... I'll eagerly await an InstaTweet from Kinkhabwala.

steelerdude15
01-09-2019, 03:13 PM
If Tomlin doesn’t fire him

Tomlin may make some dumb decisions, but I don't think he'd fire Mike.

teegre
01-10-2019, 06:53 AM
via Twitter

Munchak to become “assistant” HC.

Born2Steel
01-10-2019, 07:20 AM
via Twitter

What became of the current assistant HC?

Shoes
01-10-2019, 07:34 AM
According to Lolley the Steelers employ three coaching assistants, Denzel Martin, Blaine Stewart & Matt Symmes but they have no set duties.

Where do I sign up for that? :lol:

tube517
01-10-2019, 07:41 AM
What became of the current assistant HC?

John Mitchell is the current Asst HC but that is more of an administrative role.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-10-2019, 08:43 AM
via Twitter

I thought I read "assistant to the Regional Manager".

tube517
01-10-2019, 08:52 AM
I thought I read "assistant to the Regional Manager".

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61uaBPLd-8L._SX425_.jpg :chuckle:

Well, Munch is from Scranton......

Hawkman
01-10-2019, 02:17 PM
According to Lolley the Steelers employ three coaching assistants, Denzel Martin, Blaine Stewart & Matt Symmes but they have no set duties.

Where do I sign up for that? :lol:

Too snarky.:tt02:

Lady Steel
01-11-2019, 03:11 PM

:noidea:

Shoes
01-11-2019, 03:30 PM
https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/report-broncos-still-wanting-to-hire-munchak-away-from-steelers/

AtlantaDan
01-11-2019, 03:52 PM

This is pretty bad - you cannot stop excellent coaches from leaving for promotions but you certainly do not let their contracts expire unless they are looking for an exit

AtlantaDan
01-11-2019, 04:00 PM

Kubiak apparently planned to set up his own staff and run the offense as a separate kingdom

One potential hurdle that couldn’t be overcome was Kubiak wanting to bring back multiple assistant coaches from his Broncos’ head-coaching stint.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/01/11/gary-kubiak-not-broncos-next-offensive-coordinator/

FrancoLambert
01-11-2019, 04:23 PM
If Munchak makes a lateral move to coach OL, IMO it’s a very bad sign that the perceived team dysfunction is real and runs deep.

NCSteeler
01-11-2019, 04:26 PM
If Munchak makes a lateral move to coach OL, IMO it’s a very bad sign that the perceived team dysfunction is real and runs deep.Its a sure sign that some of the crap show is true. Good coaches getting out . We'll see if any of This is true. Of course many will say it's only because his family has ties to Denver

Bluecoat96
01-11-2019, 04:33 PM
If Munchak makes a lateral move to coach OL, IMO it’s a very bad sign that the perceived team dysfunction is real and runs deep.Or it's a sign that he wants to be close to his daughter and granddaughter. Jesus, people.

86WARD
01-11-2019, 04:55 PM
Another Tomlin blunder...lol. When does it end???

DesertSteel
01-11-2019, 05:14 PM
The Elway Show is about as much of a circus on the field as the Steelers...

Rotorhead
01-11-2019, 06:17 PM
Munch is supposed to make the move to Denver according to all the Denver stuff. Apparently he wants to be close to his daughter and grand daughter

Shoes
01-11-2019, 06:33 PM
Leaving family in Pittsburgh to be with family in Denver and probably feels he's at a dead with the Steelers.

Dwinsgames
01-11-2019, 06:53 PM
Leaving family in Pittsburgh to be with family in Denver and probably feels he's at a dead with the Steelers.

the 2 best coaches on the staff are leaving on their own accord .....

1 a lateral move , the other just wanted out without another offer even on the table ....

worst 2 coaches remain ....

speaks volumes to me , and its LOUD

86WARD
01-11-2019, 07:13 PM
Not looking forward to the 2019 season...arrow is pointing waaaaaaaaaaaay down...

st33lersguy
01-11-2019, 07:35 PM
I would rather this team go 4-12 than 8-8 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs by one or two games. The former may finally cause the shake ups needed to start competing for a Super Bowl again while the latter will not lead to any changes and we are stuck with more of the same from 2020. Of course Ben will do just enough to keep Tomlin from getting fired and all of Ben and Tomlin's buddies on the coaching staff will stay

smokin3000gt
01-12-2019, 12:36 AM
How can anyone call it a lateral move without knowing the offer??

pepsyman1
01-12-2019, 02:33 AM
How did the leadership of this team let Munchak's contract come to an end without getting him extended? He's the very best at his job in the entire league. What has happened to this team and the ownership that something this glaringly obvious is allowed to happen. If Munchak makes a lateral move for the same position on another team Tomlin will have truly proven that he's an idiot and Munchak's loss, NOT Antonio Brown, NOT Bell, NOT keeping Butler as DC, will be the biggest loss this team deals with for the immediate future. Friggin' IDIOTS

fansince'76
01-12-2019, 03:08 AM
What has happened to this team and the ownership that something this glaringly obvious is allowed to happen.

Dan Rooney passed away...

Michael
01-12-2019, 06:56 AM
Objectively I am not shocked. Stupidity runs deep. It is now being exposed. This is the Mike Tomlin show pure and simple sponsored and paid for by Art Rooney 11. I am going to say it guys, Art is 11 is Art ! (the Chief ) grandson much more than Dan the father.

Bluecoat96
01-12-2019, 08:43 AM
Dan Rooney passed away...Hasn't Art been running the show since 2002? Do you think that Art II has been sitting around with his head up his ass for the last 17 years? I get it...Dan Rooney brought intergrity and a personal touch, but let's not pretend that Art II had nothing to do with the Steelers' success?

I am not one to piss and moan on here, but I am so profoundly done with the notion that Art II doesn't know what's going on. Christ...he was at the helm while the Steelers won 2 more super bowls. I know, I know....Dan was around too.

Sorry...just a long time fan and somewhat lurker around here venting a bit.

AtlantaDan
01-12-2019, 08:56 AM
Hasn't Art been running the show since 2002? Do you think that Art II has been sitting around with his head up his ass for the last 17 years? I get it...Dan Rooney brought intergrity and a personal touch, but let's not pretend that Art II had nothing to do with the Steelers' success?

I am not one to piss and moan on here, but I am so profoundly done with the notion that Art II doesn't know what's going on. Christ...he was at the helm while the Steelers won 2 more super bowls. I know, I know....Dan was around too.

AJRII became president in 2003 but his father remained chairman and did not really step back from being involved in "running the show" until he became ambassador to Ireland in 2009, at which time he was designated chairman emeritus.

Rooney, whose family has owned the Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) since their founding in 1933, was the Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT)' president from 1975 until 2003, when he became team chairman. His son, Art II, who runs the Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT)' on a day-to-day basis, has been the president since 2003.

Dan Rooney is not entirely detached from Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) business while in Ireland -- he is considered by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to be one of the league's most important figures -- but team publicist Dave Lockett said the title change reflects Rooney's new position. Rooney resigned all of his positions on NFL committees in March to focus on his new job as ambassador, and his last day working at the Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT)' offices was July 20.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81194e12/article/rooney-takes-on-new-title-as-steelers-chairman-emeritus

In terms of post-2003 involvement that contributed to the XL and XLIII Super Bowl wins, it was Dan Rooney who pushed for Ben to be drafted rather than an offensive lineman in 2004 and, as the guy the Rooney Rule is named after, was directly involved in Tomlin being hired. Not certain what AJRII indpendently did with regard to those successes.

Tomlin's name was one of about a dozen on a list of qualified minority candidates given to Rooney at a mid-December meeting in New York. Rooney is the chairman of the NFL's committee on workplace diversity.

Tomlin was chosen largely because of the motivation, enthusiasm and organizational skills he showed in two strong interviews with Rooney, Art Rooney II and director of football operations Kevin Colbert.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2738834

tube517
01-12-2019, 09:30 AM
Hasn't Art been running the show since 2002? Do you think that Art II has been sitting around with his head up his ass for the last 17 years? I get it...Dan Rooney brought intergrity and a personal touch, but let's not pretend that Art II had nothing to do with the Steelers' success?

Your post is very fair. I think AJRII is viewed as a different type of owner than Dan. I don't know. My opinion is only of a lowly fan but I don't get the same "vibe" as Art II as I do w/Papa Dan. He knows what's going on but he handles things differently.

Example: I don't see Artie Burns taking a nap in AJRII's office and being on his speed dial list.

Going back to the Chief. I don't see AJRII giving a 6 pack to Vince Williams if there was a player's strike.

It's just little stuff like that. Again, I don't know squat but my opinion is he's more of a business guy than his father and grandfather.

FrancoLambert
01-12-2019, 09:54 AM
The Chief is the reason we have the Steelers, but IMO Dan, more than anyone, is the main reason for the team’s success.

Art’s OK, but not in dad’s class because Dan was so good.

Dwinsgames
01-12-2019, 09:58 AM
Your post is very fair. I think AJRII is viewed as a different type of owner than Dan. I don't know. My opinion is only of a lowly fan but I don't get the same "vibe" as Art II as I do w/Papa Dan. He knows what's going on but he handles things differently.

Example: I don't see Artie Burns taking a nap in AJRII's office and being on his speed dial list.

Going back to the Chief. I don't see AJRII giving a 6 pack to Vince Williams if there was a player's strike.

It's just little stuff like that. Again, I don't know squat but my opinion is he's more of a business guy than his father and grandfather.

I do not see Artie taking a nap in his office either , I bet Artie avoids his office at all cost , who would want to remind the owner you are collecting a paycheck still .......

all that said we as outsiders have zero clue what his personal relationships are like or what his football acumen is ....

anything we may say is nothing more than guesswork

Bluecoat96
01-12-2019, 10:03 AM

It's just little stuff like that. Again, I don't know squat but my opinion is he's more of a business guy than his father and grandfather.Fair enough. That's kind of how I see it as well.

Shoes
01-12-2019, 10:47 AM
Dan Rooney passed away...

My feelings as well. I said this before, six SB's were won by the labor and football knowledge of Dan Rooney, something his father and son are lacking imo.

Dan was the director of personnel in 1960 and he managed the day to day operations of the team by early 1969 and personally hired Chuck Noll.

Hawkman
01-12-2019, 12:21 PM
My feelings as well. I said this before, six SB's were won by the labor and football knowledge of Dan Rooney, something his father and son are lacking imo.

Dan was the director of personnel in 1960 and he managed the day to day operations of the team by early 1969 and personally hired Chuck Noll.

Oh please!!!!

Shoes
01-12-2019, 12:28 PM
https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/broncos-still-pushing-hard-for-munchak-steelers-pushing-hard-to-keep-him/

- - - Updated - - -

Oh please!!!!

A bit early for a Punxsutawney Phil arrival isn't it?

Lady Steel
01-12-2019, 03:24 PM
I'm only going to say this...

After Dan Rooney became Ambassador to Ireland, we were begging him to dump that gig and come back because the team needed him.

That is all.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-12-2019, 03:58 PM
Crap, Stacy Searels took the O Line coaching job at UNC. I thought he could be a potential candidate if Munchak left.

Hawkman
01-12-2019, 06:16 PM
https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/broncos-still-pushing-hard-for-munchak-steelers-pushing-hard-to-keep-him/

- - - Updated - - -

A bit early for a Punxsutawney Phil arrival isn't it?

Sure if that works for you.

Dwinsgames
01-12-2019, 06:22 PM
Hawkman ....

what is going on with you , seems Shoes can not post anything without you being right there with something to say about it ....

Shoes is a good dude why not back off ...

Had this issue with you and Ladysteel on my old forum and that didn't end well in fact it basically destroyed the rebuild ( not pointing fingers of blame to either of you , you or ladysteel )

but I have not seen any provocation here from Shoes but have seen plenty from you with needling remarks ...

don't be a lemonhead

Lady Steel
01-12-2019, 06:33 PM
Hawkman ....

what is going on with you , seems Shoes can not post anything without you being right there with something to say about it ....

Shoes is a good dude why not back off ...

Had this issue with you and Ladysteel on my old forum and that didn't end well in fact it basically destroyed the rebuild ( not pointing fingers of blame to either of you , you or ladysteel )

but I have not seen any provocation here from Shoes but have seen plenty from you with needling remarks ...

don't be a lemonhead

Hawkman-Lemonhead and I have no beef. The problem with YOUR board, which isn't really your board (:giggles:) was YOU because you're an arrogant, controlling, wannabe somebody, know-it-all, misogynist.

Keep my name out of your damn mouth. You're not a mod or an adminstrator here. You're a nobody just like the rest of us.

I reported your post. I don't need your karma and don't send me anymore PMs, you mullethead freak.

Dwinsgames
01-12-2019, 06:43 PM
Hawkman-Lemonhead and I have no beef. The problem with YOUR board, which isn't really your board (:giggles:) was YOU because you're an arrogant, controlling, wannabe somebody, know-it-all, misogynist.

Keep my name out of your damn mouth. You're not a mod or an adminstrator here. You're a nobody just like the rest of us.

I reported your post. I don't need your karma and don't send me anymore PMs, you mullethead freak.

screw you kate ...

sending sue and all the mods all your badmouth comments you sent me in DM now ...

you are a wacked bitch

game fucking on

Lady Steel
01-12-2019, 06:45 PM
screw you kate ...

sending sue and all the mods all your badmouth comments you sent me in DM now ...

you are a wacked bitch

game fucking on

The truth hurts, eh, Paul. :lol:

You do that, you big baby. I'm not afraid of you. You're nobody.

Born2Steel
01-12-2019, 06:48 PM
Never understood how drama gets started in an NFL locker room full of Alphas.

Lady Steel
01-12-2019, 06:48 PM
Tell everyone how any times you've been banned from this board, Paul. :giggles:

Also tell everyone how many times you've come back under different usernames when the rules specifically state only one is permitted.

Go ahead... Tell everyone the truth about the chaos you have caused Steelers Universe.

86WARD
01-12-2019, 06:52 PM
:pop2:

Lady Steel
01-12-2019, 06:53 PM
:popcorn:

:lol:

That dude causes trouble wherever he goes. He wants to be "somebody" so badly. :sofunny:

I'm out. The hubs and I are going out tonight. Betcha Paul has no such plans. He lives online.

Dwinsgames
01-12-2019, 07:27 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwwQd7mWwAA27MX.jpg:large

- - - Updated - - -

I could go on but what is the point ... some people are just backstabbing pieces of dung anbd then want to act like a bad ass on the internet and send you dms warning you to not respond because their old man is a state cop ... whatever ... leave me the fuck alone

steelreserve
01-12-2019, 07:59 PM
I never had a problem with either of you, but this sounds dumber than Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell combined. Why not shut up. It would be better not to be losing longtime members over stupid shit.

smokin3000gt
01-12-2019, 08:10 PM
https://cdn1.thehunt.com/app/public/system/note_images/5418611/note_view/85090e6ff356e03af52a4063c549b77e.jpg

FrancoLambert
01-12-2019, 09:07 PM
I never had a problem with either of you, but this sounds dumber than Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell combined. Why not shut up. It would be better not to be losing longtime members over stupid shit.

Talk about team drama, now it’s infecting the fans.

Yeah, I have no dog in this fight.

I’ll never understand how Steelers discussion degenerates into name calling and verbal warfare.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-13-2019, 01:11 AM
Talk about team drama, now it’s infecting the fans.

Yeah, I have no dog in this fight.

I’ll never understand how Steelers discussion degenerates into name calling and verbal warfare.

I got no dog in the fight either....but if I gotta wager I'm going with the lady. Women cant let anything go and will hold a grudge till the end of time.

:rofl:

bayz101
01-13-2019, 03:04 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwwQd7mWwAA27MX.jpg:large

- - - Updated - - -

I could go on but what is the point ... some people are just backstabbing pieces of dung anbd then want to act like a bad ass on the internet and send you dms warning you to not respond because their old man is a state cop ... whatever ... leave me the fuck alone

Regardless of what is said...it's dirty and morally questionable to post personal conversations on a public domain (without consent).

teegre
01-13-2019, 08:18 AM
Ozzie Newsome has been stealing draft prospects from Steelers message boards for 15 years... :wink02:

NCSteeler
01-13-2019, 08:32 AM
So basically Munchak's contract has expired . He appears to be seeking work elsewhere and there is no news of Pittsburgh attempting to renew his contract. If you love a good coach you never get this far unless he's already rebuked attempts to renew. Pretty dad state when some of our better asst. Coaches are willing to leave and possibly lateral moves

teegre
01-13-2019, 08:34 AM
So basically Munchak's contract has expired . He appears to be seeking work elsewhere and there is no news of Pittsburgh attempting to renew his contract. If you love a good coach you never get this far unless he's already rebuked attempts to renew. Pretty dad state when some of our better asst. Coaches are willing to leave and possibly lateral moves

Muchak’s daughter lives in Denver.

It is a very Steelers-esque move to allow a father to go live near his family.

pczach
01-13-2019, 08:54 AM
Ozzie Newsome has been stealing draft prospects from Steelers message boards for 15 years... :wink02:

You've got some nerve!

AtlantaDan
01-13-2019, 10:20 AM
Muchak’s daughter lives in Denver.

It is a very Steelers-esque move to allow a father to go live near his family.

Since his contract is up not certain how the Steelers are "allowing" Coach Munchak to do anything.

Also not certain why the Steelers would not be certain to extend their best assistant a season before his contract expired, assuming Munchak did not blow them off when they tried to so. :noidea:

Born2Steel
01-13-2019, 11:37 AM
There is a very real difference between not renewing and blowing off the organization's offer to talk. People(even coaches and players) leave a job for another very similar job elsewhere without being disgruntled with the "old" job. Yes they do. What is unusual is the history of the Steelers organization and how people love to work there, and to have possibly 3 leave in the same offseason. That points to the "rats jumping ship" scenario instead of just moving to be closer to family. Understand please, I KNOW NOTHING, I am only speculating on a message board here. If Munch really is leaving after refusing to renew in Pittsburgh, and for the same position coach job, that looks bad on the organization to me.If it's not for a lot more money or a HC/OC position, it looks very bad, IMO.

Mojouw
01-13-2019, 11:55 AM
Sigh. Do you all read anything about other NFL teams?

Annually any coach who is rumored to be up for other HC or coordinator jobs are left without a contract by their former team. This allows them to be a free agent and not have other teams asking for permission or having to offer compensation if the coach is hired.

Steelers backed off when Munch was in the running for HC jobs. All reports now say Denver is dangling a job on staff AND so are the Steelers.

This is essentially what happens every off-season around the league.

teegre
01-13-2019, 11:59 AM
Since his contract is up not certain how the Steelers are "allowing" Coach Munchak to do anything.

Also not certain why the Steelers would not be certain to extend their best assistant a season before his contract expired, assuming Munchak did not blow them off when they tried to so. :noidea:

Because, the Steelers were being nice and allowing him to seek HC positions.

AtlantaDan
01-13-2019, 02:52 PM

Annually any coach who is rumored to be up for other HC or coordinator jobs are left without a contract by their former team. This allows them to be a free agent and not have other teams asking for permission or having to offer compensation if the coach is hired.

Steelers backed off when Munch was in the running for HC jobs. All reports now say Denver is dangling a job on staff AND so are the Steelers.

This is essentially what happens every off-season around the league.

Put a clause in the contract that the team will not seek compensation if the assistant seeks or gets a coordinator or HC job (assuming the league would even allow a team to demand compensation when an assistant with a multi year contract sought a promotion to HC - I am fairly certain a team cannot block an assistant from being interviewed if it is a promotion and not a lateral move, as would be the case with the rumors that circulated about Harbaugh leaving Baltimore before his HC contract ending in 2019 expired)

When Fangio reupped with the Bears for the 2018 season he allegedly signed a three year deal but presumably still had aspirations to be a HC since had just interviewed for the Bears HC job Nagy received

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/vic-fangio-re-signing-confirms-different-kind-aggressive-bears-organization-being-built-under

Have not read anything about the Bears demanding or receiving compensation from Denver - but since you obviously read about other NFL teams maybe you have :noidea:

If Munchak wanted to work on a year to year deal like LeBeau that of course was his call

Mojouw
01-13-2019, 03:07 PM
Put a clause in the contract that the team will not seek compensation if the assistant seeks or gets a coordinator or HC job (assuming the league would even allow a team to demand compensation when an assistant with a multi year contract sought a promotion to HC - I am fairly certain a team cannot block an assistant from being interviewed if it is a promotion and not a lateral move, as would be the case with the rumors that circulated about Harbaugh leaving Baltimore before his HC contract ending in 2019 expired)

When Fangio reupped with the Bears for the 2018 season he allegedly signed a three year deal but presumably still had aspirations to be a HC since had just interviewed for the Bears HC job Nagy received

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/vic-fangio-re-signing-confirms-different-kind-aggressive-bears-organization-being-built-under

Have not read anything about the Bears demanding or receiving compensation from Denver - but since you obviously read about other NFL teams maybe you have :noidea:

If Munchak wanted to work on a year to year deal like LeBeau that of course was his call

All of that is true, to the best of my knowledge. But it is fairly common for high level assistants on expiring contracts to not re-up with their team or make a lateral move until the HC and coordinator jobs are full.

All reports are indicating that immediately after Munch didn't get the Broncos HC job (or any others) they have been making a full court press to keep him as their line coach. Yet everyone is freaking the heck out that Munch wasn't resigned immediately at the end of the season.

This whole process is fairly common over the years for assistants that are on an expiring deal that are angling for a job in another NFL city. It is clear that Munch went from not really wanting a HC job to wanting one when it became possible to pursue NFL coaching in the same city as his family. While that remained a possibility, there was no offer the Steelers could make that was going to change the man's mind.

I have been making that point badly because I have been lazy in how I put my thoughts together.

AtlantaDan
01-13-2019, 03:23 PM
All of that is true, to the best of my knowledge. But it is fairly common for high level assistants on expiring contracts to not re-up with their team or make a lateral move until the HC and coordinator jobs are full.

All reports are indicating that immediately after Munch didn't get the Broncos HC job (or any others) they have been making a full court press to keep him as their line coach. Yet everyone is freaking the heck out that Munch wasn't resigned immediately at the end of the season.

This whole process is fairly common over the years for assistants that are on an expiring deal that are angling for a job in another NFL city. It is clear that Munch went from not really wanting a HC job to wanting one when it became possible to pursue NFL coaching in the same city as his family. While that remained a possibility, there was no offer the Steelers could make that was going to change the man's mind.

I have been making that point badly because I have been lazy in how I put my thoughts together.

No worries :drink:

I was just wondering given his skill set why the Steelers did not have a rolling extension with Munch to avoid losing him to a lateral move such as they are facing now

Although since Munchak knows he could get another OL coach job immediately in the unlikely event the Steelers let him go he has less incentive than most to need the security of a multi-year deal

Mojouw
01-13-2019, 03:30 PM
No worries :drink:

I was just wondering given his skill set why the Steelers did not have a rolling extension with Munch to avoid losing him to a lateral move such as they are facing now

Although since Munchak knows he could get another OL coach job immediately in the unlikely event the Steelers let him go he has less incentive than most to need the security of a multi-year deal

I think it is that. Munch is just gonna go year to year, because why would he lock himself into anything else? I actually suspect that they have been low-key offering him extension(s) since late in the season and he has kept them waiting to find out about Denver.

NCSteeler
01-13-2019, 07:18 PM

This is essentially what happens every off-season around the league.Really teams let contracts run out so third best coaches can leave without even asking permission. Doesn't sound like the NFL I know and follow.

NCSteeler
01-13-2019, 07:19 PM
Because, the Steelers were being nice and allowing him to seek HC positions.You can allow a guy under contract to seek promotions , not a problem happens all the time. You can't stop a guy without a contract from doing whatever he wants.

GoSlash27
01-15-2019, 05:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ilGGP9BDZs&feature=youtu.be&t=22

Nice to see everyone getting along so well :D

86WARD
01-15-2019, 06:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ilGGP9BDZs&feature=youtu.be&t=22

Nice to see everyone getting along so well :D

LMAO. Perfect.