PDA

View Full Version : The Week 17 Double Prediction Thread

DesertSteel
12-27-2018, 09:43 PM
Gotta make two picks for this Sunday. You've had a few days to cool off and collect yourself from that most recent final drive collapse. Who do you have in the Steelers' game and the Ravens' game?

Me:

Steelers over the Bengals
Browns over the Ravens

I'm not really being a homer; I think the Browns are good enough to beat the Ravens and they are motivated to get their first winning season in a decade. Plus, I think it's time for Lamar Jackson to have a bad game. I'm really not sold on him. He'll have to prove it all next year for me to believe he's more than a gimmick. Bottom line: Ravens choke again, just like last year.

steelreserve
12-27-2018, 09:45 PM
Browns beat the Ravens
Steelers lose to Bengals

Titans and Colts tie for additional insult-to-injury effect.

st33lersguy
12-27-2018, 09:54 PM
Ravens beat Browns, Browns won't finish with a winning season and Ravens won't piss away a playoff spot at home against an inferior team 2 years in a row.
Steelers beat Bengal bitches to finish a half a game out of the playoffs

Shoes
12-27-2018, 11:02 PM
Steelers over Bengals

Ravens over Browns

86WARD
12-28-2018, 06:50 AM
As the story has been progressing it should be Browns over Ravens and Bengals over Steelers especially after losing to the worst team in the league, finally defeating the evil empire (winning the Super Bowl) and then losing to the Saints. That would be the fitting end to what has been a season to forget...

However, the week will go as follows:

Browns will defeat an arrogant, over confident, looking to the Chargers again team in the Ravens. Frankly at this stage in the season and personnel-wise, the Browns are a better team. No question about it and Mayfield, Chubb and Njoku will pull out the win versus the Ravens.

As the story has been going, the Bengals would be slated to upset the Steelers at home. This is their Super Bowl. By their own hand, they can knock the Steelers from playoff contention. They’ll be able to step on the towel, wipe their ass with the towel, do whatever they want to “the towel”. ONLY...this Bengals team is so depleted at the moment that they are a lesser squad than any expansion team ever was. This is by far the worst team in the NFL at this stage of the season. If the Steelers lose this game, Mike Tomlin and his staff (minus Munchak) should be let go Sunday Night...if not sooner. I expect a humongous day from Ben, AB, JuJu and Conner. McDonald will shine, Watt will shine, Haden will shine and everyone will be drinking the Kool-Aid again...talking about how they can beat the Chargers at home.

Steelers will make the playoffs. Steelers are better than the Bengals and the Browns are better than the Ravens.

Crow-Magnon
12-28-2018, 08:26 AM
I'll have to disagree with most.

Ravens over the Browns

I do not expect Sunday's game to be a cakewalk. Cleveland has a scrappy team and Mayfield appears to be the real deal. But I do not believe Baltimore is already looking at seeing the Chargers at M&T and overlooking the Browns. Two years running they have missed the post-season on last minutes scores by AFCN rivals. Harbaugh isn't talking about that, but the players certainly are. And this year's defense is playing better than the past two year's did (especially during the month of December). I was never a big Dean Pees fan. Wink Martindale doesn't seem to believe in prevent defenses and keeps the pressure on.

I expect a final score around 24-17.

DesertSteel
12-28-2018, 09:05 AM

Ravens over the Browns

I do not expect Sunday's game to be a cakewalk. Cleveland has a scrappy team and Mayfield appears to be the real deal. But I do not believe Baltimore is already looking at seeing the Chargers at M&T and overlooking the Browns. Two years running they have missed the post-season on last minutes scores by AFCN rivals. Harbaugh isn't talking about that, but the players certainly are. And this year's defense is playing better than the past two year's did (especially during the month of December). I was never a big Dean Pees fan. Wink Martindale doesn't seem to believe in prevent defenses and keeps the pressure on.

I’d like to wish you good luck... but I can’t!! The best I can do is wish you a good draft (but I don’t even mean that). So...Happy New Year!

- - - Updated - - -

As far as the North landscape for next year and the following 2-3 years, I see the Bengals being the new Browns. Steelers, Ravens and Browns will all be playoff contenders.

AtlantaDan
12-28-2018, 09:12 AM
Steelers over Bengals but Steelers favored by 14&1/2 is too high. 30-20

Ravens over Browns - Browns recent 5-1 record that has them being given a real chance this week due to wins over bad teams (Bengals twice, Broncos, Panthers, Falcons). Browns were clocked @Texans 29-13 in that stretch when they played a decent team. Ravens not going to screw up a chance at the playoffs in week 17 like last year. 24-13.

86WARD
12-28-2018, 09:17 AM

Ravens over the Browns

Homer!

;)

pczach
12-28-2018, 09:44 AM
Steelers win their next 4 games.

DesertSteel
12-28-2018, 09:46 AM
Does that include the preseason?

AtlantaDan
12-28-2018, 09:47 AM

Bold call since we do not yet know first 3 games of the 2019 exhibition or regular season :chuckle:

pczach
12-28-2018, 01:04 PM
Does that include the preseason?

I was waiting for you sarcastic bastards to call me out! I lobbed one in there for you....

- - - Updated - - -

Bold call since we do not yet know first 3 games of the 2019 exhibition or regular season :chuckle:

:grin:

steel striker
12-28-2018, 01:24 PM
Maybe things will go our way because, it's time for the breaks to go our way. Browns & Steelers get the wins.

Steeler-in-west
12-28-2018, 01:56 PM
Steelers should take care of business

Browns may be on a hot streak but Ravens have a lot to play for. Both are rookie QB’s. Close call, hopefully the ravens make the necessary mistakes and Browns figure out a way to stop the Ravens O

Steelers 34-10 over bengals
browns 27-17 over Ravens

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-28-2018, 02:10 PM
Steelers 37-27 over Bengals
Ravens 23-16 over Browns

Defense and a running game goes to playoffs, while Offense and no run game goes home.

Fire Goodell
12-28-2018, 03:13 PM
Ravens beat the Browns
Steelers beat the Bengals

If we don't beat the Bengals, we bad. I give the Browns a 35% chance of beating the Ravens, but most likely the Ravens D suffocates the rookie QB

Born2Steel
12-28-2018, 03:19 PM
I'll take the Browns and Steelers. Not too late for Christmas miracles.

DesertSteel
12-28-2018, 03:35 PM
It’ll be another Festivus Miracle!!

tube517
12-28-2018, 06:11 PM
Browns and Ratbirds tie

Eifert scores 2 TDs vs the Steelers

Shoes
12-28-2018, 06:20 PM
Browns and Ratbirds tie

Eifert scores 2 TDs vs the Steelers

:lol:

j-d-s
12-28-2018, 07:34 PM
Wow, if the Colts and Titans tie we get the #6 seed (if we win).

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-28-2018, 07:42 PM
I predict if either one the Steelers or Ravens lose. A head coach could likely be fired.

EzraTank
12-29-2018, 10:09 AM
Steelers over Bengals

Ravens over BrownsYep this is pretty much it. I just wish the Ravens/Browns played Saturday so I didn't have to waste another Sunday on this underachieving team.

DesertSteel
12-29-2018, 10:10 AM
Yep this is pretty much it. I just wish the Ravens/Browns played Saturday so I didn't have to waste another Sunday on this underachieving team.
Just don't bother watching. Simple fix.

Fire Goodell
12-30-2018, 03:11 AM
Wow, if the Colts and Titans tie we get the #6 seed (if we win).

hey, another scenario to cheer for lol.

EzraTank
12-30-2018, 10:04 AM
Watch we'll tie the Bengals today. :yay3:

st33lersguy
12-30-2018, 03:36 PM
If the Steelers lose, it will be refs fault
If the Ravens win it will be refs fault :coffee: