PDA

View Full Version : Who is getting fired?

GBMelBlount
12-25-2018, 04:46 PM
Tomlin is not getting fired imo.

Who needs to go and who could best replace them?

Shoes
12-25-2018, 05:25 PM
Tomlin is not getting fired imo.

Who needs to go and who could best replace them?

You are correct, but he'll be out of scapegoats after this season. He's been knee deep in the defense, Butler isn't all the problem there. My guess is Butler will be the big one to go, maybe Smith but I think he'll survive. Porter should also go, but he is welded to Tomlin's hip like DHB. I don't know the condition of the scouting department but something needs to be done there. Like who is scouting the DB'S?

Replacements, be careful with in-house people. and if you go that route you have to bring in outside competition, this clan, in-house mentality can lead to stale brainwaves and frequent visits to the hog pen. I'd go outside, hard to say what is available in the NFL at this point. I'm sure people will be getting fired at seasons end. I don't follow college but I wouldn't be afraid to go that route. I think Mojouw brought up a name from Wisconsin for DC some time ago. Then again they may do nothing and have a repeat season, it's AJRII nickel and name.

st33lersguy
12-25-2018, 05:45 PM
Butler, Smith, and Peezy have GOT to go. I agree they won't fire Tomlin and Fichtner Waddams won't get fired after one year either

zulater
12-25-2018, 06:02 PM
I sweep the entire defensive coaching staff out the door. If Gregg Willams isn't given the HC job at Cleveland at the end of the season I go after him first. Ron Rivera would be next on my list assuming the Panthers fire him. Get either of these two and I give them full autonomy over defensive coaching staff, system, and personnel. If they see a free agent they want try your best to get them. Give them a seat at the draft table and right of approval or to decline defensive players you're selecting. If Tomlin doesn't like it tough. He can resign. He came here as a defensive coach but has shown little ability as one. I'm fine with him remaining as head coach. But the defense needs a new direction.

hawaiiansteeler
12-25-2018, 06:05 PM
https://cbspittsburgh.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/keithbutler-e1437528074505.jpg?w=498

FrancoLambert
12-25-2018, 09:40 PM
Butler and Porter should be no brainers.

DesertSteel
12-25-2018, 10:00 PM
nobody.....

Lady Steel
12-26-2018, 02:32 AM
The Steelers need to stop hiring dumb rednecks like Haley and Butler.

If they can't find intelligent men to hire as coaches, start looking at hiring women (and I'm not even kidding about that). Men don't know WTF is going on half the time anyway. :giggles:

pczach
12-26-2018, 06:30 AM
Here is just one link I found where someone rates the top candidates for offensive and defensive coordinators in 2019.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/9vv87d/ranking_the_top_coordinator_candidates_for_2019/

Bradley is considered an "outside-the-box" possible hire by this guy.

This is just something to think about. It's not the real or complete list of candidates. That will be talked about and reported much more once the season is over.

86WARD
12-26-2018, 09:21 AM
I sweep the entire defensive coaching staff out the door. If Gregg Willams isn't given the HC job at Cleveland at the end of the season I go after him first. Ron Rivera would be next on my list assuming the Panthers fire him. Get either of these two and I give them full autonomy over defensive coaching staff, system, and personnel. If they see a free agent they want try your best to get them. Give them a seat at the draft table and right of approval or to decline defensive players you're selecting. If Tomlin doesn't like it tough. He can resign. He came here as a defensive coach but has shown little ability as one. I'm fine with him remaining as head coach. But the defense needs a new direction.

I could be on board with that.

GBMelBlount
12-26-2018, 09:29 AM
This is a sound approach imo. Bring in a top tier defensive coach and give them carte blanche.

DesertSteel
12-26-2018, 09:35 AM
There's a lot of good defensive coaches that are going to get fired as HC this year. The already mentioned Rivera and Williams. I'll add Bowles too.

GBMelBlount
12-26-2018, 11:00 AM
There's a lot of good defensive coaches that are going to get fired as HC this year. The already mentioned Rivera and Williams. I'll add Bowles too.

I also think the Steelers an attractive landing spot for a fired head coach.

This team is loaded with talent and may just be a defensive coach away from our next lombardi.

Born2Steel
12-26-2018, 11:04 AM
I don't think any coach gets fired this offseason. I do think Bradley should be replaced. Our promising secondary looked pitiful this season. Burns, Sutton, Hilton, all regressed under his leadership. Edmunds and Allen never looked like they belonged on the field. The secondary went from looking young and promising to dismal in his first year.

Mach1
12-26-2018, 11:19 AM
I also think the Steelers an attractive landing spot for a fired head coach.

This team is loaded with talent and may just be a defensive coach away from our next lombardi.

But Tomlin was touted as being a defensive guru. :noidea:
Not so much.

86WARD
12-26-2018, 11:20 AM
I don't think any coach gets fired this offseason. I do think Bradley should be replaced. Our promising secondary looked pitiful this season. Burns, Sutton, Hilton, all regressed under his leadership. Edmunds and Allen never looked like they belonged on the field. The secondary went from looking young and promising to dismal in his first year.

That would be more of a letdown than the actual season if Smith and Butler were both retained.

smokin3000gt
12-26-2018, 11:26 AM
The Steelers need to stop hiring dumb rednecks like Haley and Butler.

If they can't find intelligent men to hire as coaches, start looking at hiring women (and I'm not even kidding about that). Men don't know WTF is going on half the time anyway. :giggles:

I think you're right, bringing in a sandwich czar could really take this team to the next level