PDA

View Full Version : One thing I haven’t heard mentioned....

StillCurtains
12-24-2018, 11:51 AM
Hello all!

Yes, the Steelers had 2 costly turnovers by Ridley and JuJu that pretty much has defined the 2018 Season. Say what you may about JuJu, but that was just a good defensive play and the team should not have been put in that position on the last drive in the first place.

Without JuJu’s efforts in playing with an injured groin, the Steelers wouldn’t have been in position to win, so I truly feel for him. As far as Haden goes, if a guy can’t have incidental contact, then why was the blatant push off allowed against him by Thomas in the endzone for the TD?

That is something I have not seen mentioned as of yet. The separation that was caused was due to Thomas pushing off on Haden knocking him off balance. The Saints have the best record in the league, and when they are given calls to help them win a game, it’s impossible to overcome.

Both of Haden’s terrible PI calls were on 4th down. That drastically changes the course of the game. The Steelers may or may not be good enough to win it all, but this was a game that was snatched away from them by officials in critical points of the game.

Thank you officials and the NFL, for allowing the self proclaimed best team in the league, to escape with a home win by gifting them critical calls. We Steeler fans appreciate it.

Rotorhead
12-24-2018, 12:11 PM
This season was cursed, ever since the Broncos game, we have not had a call or ball bounce our way. I full expect the Browns to beat the Ravens and we lose to the Bungles. That is just our season this year. As for coaches, Fire Tomlin, I am fine with keeping Fichtner because our offense was actually scoring TDs this season and was doing well for the most part. Keep Munch and most of the coordinators, get rid of Butler. Whoever the new HC is can pick a new DC.

DesertSteel
12-24-2018, 12:59 PM
Whoever the new HC is can pick a new DC.
It's Christmas not April's Fools...

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-24-2018, 01:36 PM
It's Christmas not April's Fools...:rofl: You are so correct.

Fire Goodell
12-24-2018, 01:48 PM
I can't wait for when the referees are replaced by AI, so bad calls will be a thing of the past :chuckle:

tube517
12-24-2018, 02:02 PM
Something different not mentioned.

That FG by the Saints right before halftime. Too easy and was the difference in the score.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

lipps83
12-24-2018, 03:42 PM
Something different not mentioned.

That FG by the Saints right before halftime. Too easy and was the difference in the score.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Yeah, Butler. You need at least a 20 point lead to feel safe with him as the DC.

Also, how about Tomlin not challenging that fumble that Davis forced? What is everyone's thoughts on that? Receiver caught the ball, took two steps with control. I don't know if it would have been overturned since it was close, but I would have challenged that. What are everyone's thoughts on that?

teegre
12-24-2018, 07:43 PM
Yeah, Butler. You need at least a 20 point lead to feel safe with him as the DC.

Also, how about Tomlin not challenging that fumble that Davis forced? What is everyone's thoughts on that? Receiver caught the ball, took two steps with control. I don't know if it would have been overturned since it was close, but I would have challenged that. What are everyone's thoughts on that?

I would have challenged that, and I would have challenged whether the PI call was after a tipped ass.

As far as the OP stated: Thomas pushed off. It should have gone back 10 yards. That said, they likely score anyway; so, having more time was a blessing.

86WARD
12-26-2018, 09:18 AM
That was a play that should’ve been challenged. Of all his challenges, that’s one that the flag should’ve been thrown.