PDA

View Full Version : ARTICLE Kozora: The Steelers Have Only Themselves To Blame

Shoes
12-24-2018, 11:26 AM
The officiating. The schedule. Injuries. Yes, they were all obstacles the last six weeks for the Pittsburgh Steelers. But the only people the Steelers have to blame are themselves.

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/12/kozora-the-steelers-have-only-themselves-to-blame/

stillers4me
12-24-2018, 12:04 PM
While I get that we have made mistakes...but ALL teams make them. Not all of them have had to overcome 14 points gifted to the other teams....not once but at least twice in a season. The problem is league wide but we have had the misfortune of having them costing us games, regardless of the mistakes. I don't see any teams refusing to accept wins despite their mistakes.

We as fans, invest our time and money and the players invest their lives. Both deserve better than what we are getting.

Shoes
12-24-2018, 12:19 PM
No question there are problems on the NFL side of the field. There is also no question in my mind that this team, coaches and players are living in the same hog pen, year after year. They wash up one week and jump back in the shit the next and it continues year after year. This has nothing to do with the ref's and everything to do with deep problems in the coaching/player side.

Mach1
12-24-2018, 12:21 PM
The standard is the standard.

ALLD
12-24-2018, 12:52 PM
If their salaries were paid on commission based on performance they would be sleeping in the poor house. There is no fire or will to win consistently on that team.

st33lersguy
12-24-2018, 04:02 PM
A defensive backfield that can't cover, slow LBs that are just as bad at covering, a QB that has made a ton of mistakes and missed about 5 open targets a game and who is basically declining (his numbers are a byproduct of the amount of passes he is throwing), a bumbling Milton Waddams at offensive coordinator who wants to abandon the run completely after ever rush not exceeding 2 yards despite the fact that sticking with the run has usually led to winning, a defensive coordinator so incredibly inept at scheming and who should have been fired last year. Seriously how many times is he going to do the same shit that doesn't work, a void of talent on defense that resulted in a combination of mediocre to awful draft picks and defensive free agents combined with poor defensive coaching that is not getting anything out of these players, and it all starts with Tomlin who is too content on relying on high end talent and living off a Super Bowl win that the team recently celebrated a 10th anniversary for to do things like manage a game, prepare for teams, and make decisions that aren't completely idiotic.

All these things are to blame for this shitshow of a season.

86WARD
12-26-2018, 09:11 AM
It’s not just the players fault. The officiating and coaching has been at much more fault at times than the players. This past Saints game...not the teams fault at all. Very poor officiating for the most part and some questionable coaching decisions are what did this team in.

DesertSteel
12-26-2018, 10:01 AM
The standard is the standard.
The standard is a non-losing season, obviously.

steel striker
12-26-2018, 12:36 PM
The main reason we have to hope the Browns beat the ravens to get into the playoffs is the Steelers lost games they should have won Denver, Charger, Raiders. The Charger game really bugs me because, you had a 16 point lead at half time.

Fire Goodell
12-26-2018, 01:05 PM
the refs fucked us over in 2 games. Maybe it's not good for the league if we get way too ahead in championship wins lol

- - - Updated - - -

The main reason we have to hope the Browns beat the ravens to get into the playoffs is the Steelers lost games they should have won Denver, Charger, Raiders. The Charger game really bugs me because, you had a 16 point lead at half time.

Yeah I remember being on a ski trip with my girlfriend at the time, at one point I was like "yeah we can go to dinner now, it looks like they have the game in hand". Then the Davis / Haden collision happened and I all of a sudden had this terrible feeling the game was gonna shift

Born2Steel
12-26-2018, 01:11 PM
Listing game splits through the Saints game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/splits/_/name/pit/pittsburgh-steelers