PDA

View Full Version : Legursky's unflagging dedication pays off

Galax Steeler
09-24-2010, 03:34 AM
Doug Legursky waited by the phone two years ago, hoping for a call that he wasn't sure would come.

Now it is all but certain that the player known as "Bronco" or simply "Bronc" to his teammates will make his first NFL start Sunday at Tampa Bay.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_701048.html

LLT
09-24-2010, 07:02 AM
I will be very excited to see him play this Sunday!!!!

"He's just one of those guys that you try to run off all the time and you can't," Arians said. "He comes back every time and plays better. Every time we've put him in any position, whether it's fullback, guard, center, he's succeeded."

Give 'em hell Doug!!!!!!!!

SteelerSal
09-24-2010, 07:26 AM
We had another player similar to Legursky about a decade ago named Hank Fraley and he got away from us and had a somewhat above average pro career.

GBMelBlount
09-24-2010, 07:42 AM
I love to see players who work their asses off to achieve their goals.

Legursky is from my mother's home town. Needless to say I am pulling for this kid. It will be a great story if he succeeds.

He certainly has the physical strength to succeed. I hope everything falls into place...

43Hitman
09-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Good for Legursky, It's always nice to hear when hard work and perseverance pays off.

Texasteel
09-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Doug is sort of like a puppy you keep trying to get rid of, but can't help but smile when he shows back up at the door.

Thing is, this puppy may be growing into a mad dog, and thats what we need at OG.

Devilsdancefloor
09-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Doug is sort of like a puppy you keep trying to get rid of, but can't help but smile when he shows back up at the door.

Thing is, this puppy may be growing into a mad dog, and thats what we need at OG.

agreed we need a monster guard! i really think he will open a lot of eyes this weekend!

oneforthetoe
09-24-2010, 02:35 PM
I am looking forward to seeing how he does. I think he has the potential to be an upgrade over Essex. The only thing that worries me is that if he gets hurt who is the Back-up center?

The Duke
09-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Take the job Leg. And run with it!

The only thing that worries me is that if he gets hurt who is the Back-up center?

that worries me a little bit too. Guess foster would go to guard and bronco back to center

ALLD
09-24-2010, 02:57 PM
Coach Cowher used to say it didn't matter how you got there, but what you did once you had an opportunity. Could this be a lite version of the James Harrison story?

KeiselPower99
09-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Im a huge Legursky fan and seeing how Ive watched him since high school to Marshall and now to the Steelers Im excited for him to get this chance and I hope he makes the best of it. Give em hell Doug!!!!!!

salamander
09-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Coach Cowher used to say it didn't matter how you got there, but what you did once you had an opportunity. Could this be a lite version of the James Harrison story?

I really hope so!

SMR
09-24-2010, 04:20 PM
GO DOUG!!