PDA

View Full Version : Most disappointing team this year

ETL
12-23-2018, 07:50 PM
Of all the teams in the NFL - the Steelers have to be the most disappointing.

One day Ben and the rest will realize what they squandered

to have the best OL, arguably the best WRs and top QB and Rb and a defense that is way better than most Patriots SB teams and not even make the playoffs says a lot about how careless they played this year.

Im just sick at the waste of potential

Edman
12-23-2018, 07:55 PM
This season really exposed just how poor of a coach Mike Tomlin is. He's another Dan Bylsma.

Screw the records or how he's never had a losing season, he's a terrible, incompetent coach. To have so much and do so little is disgraceful.

Fire Goodell
12-23-2018, 07:56 PM
Such a talented team and the defense is starting to come around. Of course if they don't make the postseason what was it good for?

DesertSteel
12-23-2018, 08:00 PM
They’ll likely get in next week and then get bounced in the divisional round lol. I agree that Tomlin is an average to poor coach, despite his overall W/L record.

Fire Goodell
12-23-2018, 08:10 PM
Serious question, who do the Browns fans hate more, the Steelers or the Ravens? Steelers for obvious reasons, but the Ravens have that Modell factor that basically stole their team and players from them. And add insult to injury, won the super bowl twice with the team they built

Lady Steel
12-23-2018, 08:43 PM

86WARD
12-23-2018, 08:45 PM
This has been the most disappointing team in Steelers History IMO. From the Bell debacle all the way down to the ridiculous fake punt call to the JuJu fumble. It’s been one disaster after another.

ETL
12-24-2018, 06:57 AM
All the teams in the NFL have enough talent so that any given Sunday,one team can beat the other.

Its a cliche but it truly is a matter of who who wants it more.

Now, the players realize how important each win and loss is as they are playing as if the season is on the line. Well for your information, THE SEASON WAS ON THE LINE STARTING FROM GAME 1!

zulater
12-24-2018, 07:15 AM
Last season I never thought we were near as good as our 13-3 record. We caught every bum qb there was and struggled to put away awful teams. I honestly think this years team played harder and deserved better than their current 8-6-1 record. Just been a snakebit team right from the opening game. Start with a punt that bounced off a Browns players facemask but was somehow missed by the on field refs and replay review. Fast forward to a back up tight end foolishly fumbling into the end zone, a ref crew that gifted two touchdowns to the Chargers and then yesterday's b.s calls on Joe Haden and you get a 3-4 game flip in the standings.

Not making excuses just pointing out truths. Outside of the KC and first Raven game I didn't see a game where you could say we were the inferior team. Just didn't many breaks this year.

st33lersguy
12-24-2018, 07:18 AM
I'd say the Jaguars are the most disappointing team and the bigger trainwreck. Supposedly a Super Bowl contender and close to a Super Bowl last year, they are now 5-10 and losers of 9 of their last 11.

Though yeah the main point is correct is that the Steelers squandered a great opportunity and the garbage they've pulled is completely unacceptable. The Steelers are in serious need of a Mike Sullivan

Mojouw
12-24-2018, 07:32 AM
Last season I never thought we were near as good as our 13-3 record. We caught every bum qb there was and struggled to put away awful teams. I honestly think this years team played harder and deserved better than their current 8-6-1 record. Just been a snakebit team right from the opening game. Start with a punt that bounced off a Browns players facemask but was somehow missed by the on field refs and replay review. Fast forward to a back up tight end foolishly fumbling into the end zone, a ref crew that gifted two touchdowns to the Chargers and then yesterday's b.s calls on Joe Haden and you get a 3-4 game flip in the standings.

Not making excuses just pointing out truths. Outside of the KC and first Raven game I didn't see a game where you could say we were the inferior team. Just didn't many breaks this year.

I cant remember an unluckier Steelers squad.

As to the original posters most disappointing team, that has to be the Jags, Packers, Niners, Cardinals, or Panthers.

zulater
12-24-2018, 07:51 AM

As to the original posters most disappointing team, that has to be the Jags, Packers, Niners, Cardinals, or Panthers.

Agreed. Luck absolutely plays a factor in sports. This season we ended up on the wrong end of too many questionable calls and unfortunate bounces. Perfect example was the Chargers touchdown that brought them back from 23-7 to 23-15. Rivers made a poor throw and decision. Throws the ball right to Haden. Even with our db's questionable ball skills that was such a duck it was a practical gimmee. But lo and behold here comes Sean Davis to defense a pass for the first time in about a month in full bull in China shop mode and whack! A surefire interception that puts the Steelers on offense at their own 20 with almost the entire 3rd quarter gone miraculously bounces right to their receivers hand for an easy 6. Then to make matters worse Haden is made to go into the tent for concussion examination and what would of been his man in coverage beats Artie Burns for an easy 2 point conversion, I mean just think about it. Make that interception and you got the ball ,13 minutes gone in the 3rd quarter and you're still up the same 23-7 score you took in at halftime. So besides being gifted two touchdowns by the refs they didn't deserve the Chargers also got a fluke touchdown they didn't earn. 21 points given to them and they still almost lost! ( Chargers) Just saying we just were on the wrong side of luck all night that game and the same has been true in several other games.

Not to belabor the point. But if football was played in series like baseball or hockey and basket playoffs ( I know why that's impossible in football so don't misunderstand my point) there's not one team we played this season that I feel would best us 2 out of 3.

ALLD
12-24-2018, 08:38 AM
Underachieving team due to lack of discipline. Add another slow start with many inconsistencies followed by big chokes in the second half. Two fumbles on top of a stupid 4th down call doomed the season. Even if the Steelers back into the playoffs does anybody expect the trend to reverse?

Neversatisfied
12-24-2018, 10:30 AM
Underachieving team due to lack of discipline. Add another slow start with many inconsistencies followed by big chokes in the second half. Two fumbles on top of a stupid 4th down call doomed the season. Even if the Steelers back into the playoffs does anybody expect the trend to reverse?

Discipline and preparation haven't been in large supply the last few seasons. I'm afraid to hope for the Steelers to miss the playoffs this year due to Ben's comments about retirement, a season like this coupled with mounting injuries and the question becomes does he 1ant to come back? Ben is a great competitor but at what point does he choose quality of life over football?

Michael
12-24-2018, 11:08 AM
If you were to to state based upon observable performances or educated speculation one or more coaches that has cost his team more victories then Mike Tonlin let me now.

Mike Tonlin will never take the Steelers to another Super Bowl and when he final leaves either by choice or not he will leave a pile of ashes as his legacy. Only Art Rooney 2 can change this outcome. I am guessing the Cincinnati Bengal Syndrome has settled in with Art: Comfortable and soft & no guts. I hope I am wrong.

silver & black
12-24-2018, 11:21 AM
Of all the teams in the NFL - the Steelers have to be the most disappointing.

Ummm.......................: :hand:

- - - Updated - - -

Serious question, who do the Browns fans hate more, the Steelers or the Ravens?

Since I live 50 miles south of Cleveland, and most everyone I know is a Browns or Steelers fan............... definitely the Steelers. They also hate Denver...lol.

Shoes
12-24-2018, 11:32 AM
Disappointing indeed, but nothing new, just more paper a$$ excuses of why the team shit the bed again.

pepsyman1
12-24-2018, 05:08 PM
Ummm.......................: :hand:

- - - Updated - - -

Silver & Black, I think your time is coming. You're going thru a ground up restoration. I know that sucks when you recently were in the playoffs, but I think long term Gruden will put you back on the map. Tomlin on the other hand.....

Mojouw
12-24-2018, 05:11 PM
Hugh Jackson
Marvin Lewis
Ron Rivera
Bill Obrien
Matt Patricia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DesertSteel
12-24-2018, 05:46 PM

Yeah Jags and Packers had worse seasons compared to expectations than the Steelers. The Steelers still have a legitimate shot at the playoffs.

FrancoLambert
12-24-2018, 11:21 PM
Yep, bad luck was our problem.

It was bad luck having such a poor defense.

pczach
12-25-2018, 06:24 AM
Yep, bad luck was our problem.

It was bad luck having such a poor defense.

These aren't excuses...they're reasons:

Well, the Shazier injury is pretty shitty luck. The defense would be much better with him on the field.

The kicker forgetting how to kick kind of sucks and is bad luck. They lost a few games because of missed kicks.

The NFL's best running back holding out the entire season for the first time in history hurt just a tad. How many more games would they have won with Bell in the lineup....particularly after Conner got hurt?

Having to get rid of Bryant because he is a weed addict was the right move....but it hurt the team. It's also some bad luck.

If all the things listed above didn't happen, does the team win a lot more games this year? Without question to me.

silver & black
12-25-2018, 10:28 AM
Silver & Black, I think your time is coming. You're going thru a ground up restoration. I know that sucks when you recently were in the playoffs, but I think long term Gruden will put you back on the map. Tomlin on the other hand.....

I think you're right. The moves Gruden made weren't popular, but they were necessary in order to move on.

I don't think Tomlin is a bad coach.... there are worse out there. I understand the feelings when you have so much talent and don't achieve what was expected. It can't be your year every year. Things happen.... injuries, bad calls, bad luck, etc.... The Steelers will be just fine. I think your next big hurdle will come when Ben retires. As promising as Mason seems to be, he's still an unknown. You never really know what you have until they're tested on the field.

Shoes
12-25-2018, 11:29 AM
Green Bay went to SB XLV with a 1/3 of their team on IR (16 players) and still won.

86WARD
12-25-2018, 12:45 PM
Unbiased, I think it has to be the Jaguars...