PDA

View Full Version : We went down swinging, but what I'm mad about...

Fire Goodell
12-23-2018, 07:43 PM
We just needed to beat either Oakland, Denver, or not piss away a 16 point lead to the Chargers at home to win the division.

This has been the frustration of Steeler fans ever since Tomlin took over. The team keeps showing they are capable of beating the best teams in their own house, but loses games they have NO business losing whatsoever. And of course it always comes back to bite us in playoff seeding. This time it cost us the playoffs entirely.

Well we better hope the Brahns can sweep Baltimore (unlikely)

faninyork
12-23-2018, 07:47 PM
We just needed to beat either Oakland, Denver, or not piss away a 16 point lead to the Chargers at home to win the division.

EXACTLY! I thought this was one hell of a game and if it wasn’t a “must win”, I would have enjoyed it as such. Instead, I’m just pissed off!

Lady Steel
12-23-2018, 07:51 PM
Well, what I'm most mad about is that 86WARD just won't admit he has a man crush on Danny Smith.

Oh, and he threatened me with coal in my stocking for Christmas. Can you imagine?

Lady Steel doesn't dig coal out of her stocking. It would ruin her manicure! :drama:

Edman
12-23-2018, 07:51 PM
Great talent. Awful coaching.

Those are the Steelers in a nutshell. Everyone outside of Munchak should be handed pink slips by the end of the year.

And backing in the playoffs will only make the problem worse at this point. Changes have to be made to the coaching staff.

Fire Goodell
12-23-2018, 07:55 PM
Great talent. Awful coaching.

Those are the Steelers in a nutshell. Everyone outside of Munchak should be handed pink slips by the end of the year.

And backing in the playoffs will only make the problem worse at this point. Changes have to be made to the coaching staff.

Having this good of a team and missing the playoffs should be a fireable offense. I want to see heads rolling after this season

Shoes
12-23-2018, 08:09 PM
Having this good of a team and missing the playoffs should be a fireable offense. I want to see heads rolling after this season

Yes, it should be and it's been going on for years. But its a chain of command thing and starts with Rooney promising Butler a job and not bringing in talented DC from the outside. You can go down the line with Colbert and his son and Bruener and Butler in the scouting department. Tomlin as a guy with leadership ability but not coaching ability, Butler as a poor mans LeBeau, Danny Smith, and position coaches. There are also a number of players that need to go down the river. They need to do some real searching, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did nothing.

86WARD
12-23-2018, 08:55 PM
Well, what I'm most mad about is that 86WARD just won't admit he has a man crush on Danny Smith.

Oh, and he threatened me with coal in my stocking for Christmas. Can you imagine?

Lady Steel doesn't dig coal out of her stocking. It would ruin her manicure! :drama:

Lol.

Season can still be considered a huge success if that bubble gum chewing bastard is fired January 1st.

st33lersguy
12-23-2018, 09:18 PM
The 2 things they should do with coaching
1. Keep Munchak and James Saxon the RBs coach
2. Fire everyone else

Steeler-in-west
12-23-2018, 09:30 PM
We’ve been a sloppy underachieving team for most of the season. I can only imagine what this talented team could do under disciplined, strong preparatory, adjustment able coaching. Firmly believe we’ve been underachieving for the last few years. I hope there are changes in the coaching staff, top to bottom. Otherwise I see this whole act playing itself out next year as well, except with an older Ben and AB - what a waste of talent.

EzraTank
12-23-2018, 09:33 PM
Watch, the Browns will beat the Ravens next week, and we'll lose to the Bengals.

Fire Goodell
12-23-2018, 09:54 PM
Watch, the Browns will beat the Ravens next week, and we'll lose to the Bengals.

lol wouldn't that be something. Somebody better get fired if that happens.

86WARD
12-23-2018, 10:04 PM

Called that after the loss to the Raiders. Win versus the Patriots (Steelers Super Bowl ... and they celebrated like it), lose to the Saints, lost to the Bengals and out of the playoffs.

FrancoLambert
12-24-2018, 07:23 AM
.....how incompetent zebras are not held accountable for blown calls that decide games.

86WARD
12-26-2018, 09:05 AM
The league fired some official for a less blown call than what happened this past Sunday.