PDA

View Full Version : Juju Smith-Schuster

Edman
12-23-2018, 06:50 PM
He'll have a hard time living that one down.

Perfectly sums up the 2018 Steelers. Just put these fuckers out of their misery.

steelerdude15
12-23-2018, 06:51 PM
One of the best players on our squad. An awesome player and awesome guy off the field. I feel for him, but not for most of the team. It's time for major changes.

GBMelBlount
12-23-2018, 06:52 PM
Juju had an awesome season and will have no problem living that one down.

Congrats to the Saints.

This season has been a comedy of errors by the Steelers but Juju is one person I do not blame at all.

CV1
12-23-2018, 06:56 PM
This made Korean baby Jesus cry.

Awesome game minus 2 plays truly.

PI in the end zone and the final play for the Steelers.

At least it wasn’t a Boz loss for us [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edman
12-23-2018, 06:56 PM

Fumbling with the game and the season on the line?

This effectively erases any and all good he's ever done in my book. He's got a lot of making up to do.

GBMelBlount
12-23-2018, 06:57 PM

This effectively erases any and all good he's ever done in my book. He's got a lot of making up to do.

May everyone in your life judge you by the biggest mistake you ever made.

Edman
12-23-2018, 06:58 PM
You are an idiot.

It's okay. I'm pissed too.

It's how we are as a society I'm afraid.

Lady Steel
12-23-2018, 06:59 PM
Nobody feels worse about this loss than JuJu. The kid is devastated, I'm sure.

Geesh, some of you have no empathy whatsoever.

AtlantaDan
12-23-2018, 07:00 PM

I hope you are just trolling out of frustration

43Hitman
You are an idiot edman.

Sorry.

Yeah no shit. I hope his boss holds him to the same standards he holds the Steelers. Idiot Stiller fans seem to be multiplying.

GBMelBlount
It's okay. I'm pissed too.

Yes, we are all pissed!

:drink:

fansince'76
That game was lost when they stopped pressuring Brees and let him convert on 3rd-and-20.

One other note - ever notice how the Saints defense actually rips and punches at the ball to cause fumbles? When's the last time our defensive players have done that?

tube517
12-23-2018, 07:01 PM
Naw, he'll be fine. Dude played hurt. This season sucked and all the crap plays cumulatively derailed this terrible season.

I hope real changes are made now and we get a game changing draft pick.

Mach1
I feel bad for him, he's been a beast all season. Just bad timing for something like that to happen.

43Hitman
That game was lost when they stopped pressuring Brees and let him convert on 3rd-and-20.

One other note - ever notice how the Saints defense actually rips and punches at the ball to cause fumbles? When's the last time our defensive players have done that?

If they do, they'll miss the tackle. Our defense is a shit show

EzraTank
12-23-2018, 07:02 PM
How hard is it to teach ball security? When two guys have you PROTECT THE BALL. We gave up 6-14 points on fumbles and that was the game. When that happens and the officials gift the other team 7 points you simply do not win.

FrancoLambert
12-23-2018, 07:04 PM
Yeah, everybody dump on Ju-Ju. :der:

The kid is one of the true bright spots for this team going forward.

EzraTank
12-23-2018, 07:05 PM

No one is dumping on him. But you do have to protect the ball there. When two guys are hitting you you put two hands on it.

pczach
12-23-2018, 07:07 PM

That's a great point. Watt is one of the only guys that plays that way all the time. He came right out of college thinking like that. They need to be taught how to create turnovers.

Frankly, it's embarrassing.

fansince'76

Nope. At best, that game was headed to OT at that point and they would have just prolonged our agony and fucked it up anyway. That's just the kind of season it's been.

Edman
Yeah no shit. I hope his boss holds him to the same standards he holds the Steelers. Idiot Stiller fans seem to be multiplying.

If I made a crippling error at my job that cost the company money, I'd be reprimanded or fired.

Juju potentially trainwrecks a season, and he still makes his millions and still play a game.

We massacre Neil O' Donnell, Fitzgerald Toussaint, Boswell and even Ben for their fuckups. Juju isn't immune. You just can't do that in that situation. I'm not mad at the guy, I don't hate him, I feel bad for the guy, but it's inexcusable.

pczach

WTF is wrong with people here?

dislocatedday
12-23-2018, 07:08 PM

Seriously.......I like to be accepting of all people's views on this forum, but you are just being an ass if you think this. JuJu laid it on the line all season long for this team, played with an injured groin today, and the Steelers nearly beat the 12-2 Saints in their own house today. Yeah, we're all disappointed, but to say he has erased everything he has done for this team with one fumble that was bad luck as he landed on top of a guy instead of the ground is utterly ridiculous.

BlackAndGold
12-23-2018, 07:09 PM
Wanna blame someone? blame Ridley and the dumb ass coach who substituted him in the game, or better yet having him on the roster.

He's a bum who has a history of fumbling, the ass clown needs to be released and go back being a free agent where he belongs.

Lady Steel

I've been asking myself that for quite some time now. Seriously.

Hawkman
No one is dumping on him. But you do have to protect the ball there. When two guys are hitting you you put two hands on it.

Except for Edman.

43Hitman
12-23-2018, 07:10 PM
If I made a crippling error at my job that cost the company money, I'd be reprimanded or fired.

Juju potentially trainwrecks a season, and he still makes his millions and still play a game.

We massacre Neil O' Donnell and Fitzgerald Toussaint for their fuckups. Juju isn't immune. You just can't do that in that situation. I'm not mad at the guy, I don't hate him, I feel bad for the guy, but it's inexcusable.

So now Juju derailed the whole season? Good God man, get a grip.

EzraTank
12-23-2018, 07:11 PM
Wanna blame someone? blame Ridley and the dumb ass coach who substituted him in the game, or better yet having him on the roster.

I never understood that. Yeah, Samuels is a rookie but he was in a rhythm. Then the play selection ... WTF? Spread the ball and throw it to Samuels out of the backfield (the guy was a catching beast in college).

Oh well I'm so spent. Fuck this team.

Hawkman

You are so right.....only one week left. Thank goodness.

FrancoLambert

Look, if we’re going to conduct an autopsy on the shit show this season was, his one mistake today is at the bottom of the list.

The line ahead of him is long.

pczach
12-23-2018, 07:12 PM
Seriously.......I like to be accepting of all people's views on this forum, but you are just being an ass if you think this. JuJu laid it on the line all season long for this team, played with an injured groin today, and the Steelers nearly beat the 12-2 Saints in their own house today. Yeah, we're all disappointed, but to say he has erased everything he has done for this team with one fumble that was bad luck as he landed on top of a guy instead of the ground is utterly ridiculous.

The guy made almost every play, and clearly wasn't right and had to fight through pain getting off the ground after making a play.

Way too many fans here overreact to things and say stupid things about great players.

Hawkman
12-23-2018, 07:13 PM
Such a life sucking site......Merry Christmas Everyone.

Shoes
12-23-2018, 07:13 PM

Congrats to the Saints.

This season has been a comedy of errors by the Steelers but Juju is one person I do not blame at all.

End of story, now on to the pink slip handouts. :chuckle:

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-23-2018, 07:14 PM
JUJU played a heck of a game while being injured. You can only hold on to the ball for so long. When you got a player holding you up and the other trying to rip it out.

43Hitman
12-23-2018, 07:15 PM
The guy made almost every play, and clearly wasn't right and had to fight through pain getting off the ground after making a play.

Way too many fans here overreact to things and say stupid things about great players.

Its because they are spoiled little bitches. Most of them have probably never experienced the 80's or 60's Steelers teams like some of us did.

BlackAndGold
12-23-2018, 07:16 PM
As I said a few weeks ago, this Steelers team is the Marino/Shula Dolphins of the 80's/early 90's.

They just can't get the job done.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-23-2018, 07:16 PM
Such a life sucking site......Merry Christmas Everyone. Merry Christmas Hawkman!

fansince'76
12-23-2018, 07:19 PM
End of story, now on to the pink slip handouts. :chuckle:

Well, maybe now they actually make some needed changes (looking at you, Butler and Smith, and that's just for starters).

Backing into the playoffs again they may have been tempted to maintain the status quo.

Edman
12-23-2018, 07:29 PM

The Steelers "nearly" beat the 12-2 Saints, just like they "nearly" beat the Broncos, or "nearly" beat the Chargers. But they didn't. Two of those teams are headed to the playoffs, and this one likely isn't. I don't care for "nearly" anymore.

This team has talked mess after mess about how good and talented they are and how they're going to win and all that, and here we are staring at the same old underachieving crap for years. No, "nearly" doesn't cut it with me anymore. I'm personally tired of giving these guys a pat on the back or "atta boys" for underachieving again and again. Juju had himself a great statistical season, good for him, but barring something stupid happening next week, he'll be sitting on the couch for the playoffs.

This team will forever be known as the squad who couldn't get it done.

DesertSteel
12-23-2018, 07:32 PM

You act as if he ruined your life. Lol.

pczach
12-23-2018, 07:38 PM
The Steelers "nearly" beat the 12-2 Saints, just like they "nearly" beat the Broncos, or "nearly" beat the Chargers. But they didn't. Two of those teams are headed to the playoffs, and this one likely isn't. I don't care for "nearly" anymore.

This team has talked mess after mess about how good and talented they are and how they're going to win and all that, and here we are staring at the same old underachieving crap for years. No, "nearly" doesn't cut it with me anymore. I'm personally tired of giving these guys a pat on the back or "atta boys" for underachieving again and again. Juju had himself a great statistical season, good for him, but barring something stupid next week, he'll be sitting on the couch for the playoffs.

I wish we had a not-allowed-to-post couch for dumb ass posters at this message board.

He didn't just have a great statistical season. He had a great season....period. He has emerged as an impact player. One fumble doesn't change any of that.

He played hurt and he played well. He made one mistake. It doesn't undo all the huge plays he made for the team in his career. That is short-sided and frankly ridiculous.

Should the Steelers release him? He's damaged goods and not nearly the player everyone thinks he is according to you.

Fire Goodell
12-23-2018, 07:42 PM
-2 points for whoever drafted him on fantasy

Lady Steel
12-23-2018, 07:54 PM
I wish we had a not-allowed-to-post couch for dumb ass posters at this message board.

He didn't just have a great statistical season. He had a great season....period. He has emerged as an impact player. One fumble doesn't change any of that.

He played hurt and he played well. He made one mistake. It doesn't undo all the huge plays he made for the team in his career. That is short-sided and frankly ridiculous.

Should the Steelers release him? He's damaged goods and not nearly the player everyone thinks he is according to you.

Some people need to go into timeout until they cool down. :giggles:

stillers4me
12-23-2018, 08:06 PM
Can't even imagine the meltdown around here if the fumble never happened and Boz missed the FG.

fansince'76
12-23-2018, 08:08 PM
Can't even imagine the meltdown around here if the fumble never happened and Boz missed the FG.

Prediction: Boz makes the FG to send it to OT, the Saints win the coin flip and drive for a game-winning TD and the Steelers' offense never even sees the ball. That's the kind of season it's been.

Lady Steel
12-23-2018, 08:10 PM

GBMelBlount
12-23-2018, 08:16 PM

:applaudit:

lipps83
12-23-2018, 08:21 PM

We massacre Neil O' Donnell, Fitzgerald Toussaint, Boswell and even Ben for their fuckups. Juju isn't immune. You just can't do that in that situation. I'm not mad at the guy, I don't hate him, I feel bad for the guy, but it's inexcusable.

I highlighted the most important words in these posts by you. I think you don't really understand what that word means.

Shoes
12-23-2018, 08:25 PM
Well, maybe now they actually make some needed changes (looking at you, Butler and Smith, and that's just for starters).

Backing into the playoffs again they may have been tempted to maintain the status quo.

They need to clean out the scouting department including the Colbert who is part of it, this clan BS has to go. Maybe Rooney should go for giving Butler his position. :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-23-2018, 08:30 PM

Agreed. Although I find JuJu's mistake no different than others such as:

-Boswell missed FG
-Grimble fumble trying to score TD
- James Conner fumble
-Toussaint fumble in Denver

Its a competitive game and the guys in other color jerseys are trying hard too. Making mistakes and learning from them is part of football, its part of life and the idiots on this board and in life in general that only see the mistakes that players/people make are what makes society worse, rather than better.

lipps83
12-23-2018, 08:41 PM
Its a competitive game and the guys in other color jerseys are trying hard too. Making mistakes and learning from them is part of football, its part of life and the idiots on this board and in life in general that only see the mistakes that players/people make are what makes society worse, rather than better.

Yeah, but to be a Steelers fan you aren't allowed to say the other team did a good job. The presence of the opponent is irrelevant. They do not make good plays, a Steeler always screws up.

Every game should be 55-0.

Lady Steel
12-23-2018, 08:45 PM

86WARD
12-23-2018, 08:49 PM

JuJu’s fumble was the least of the problems this season. They’ve been destined for disaster since the Bell debacle started.

SteelMayhem72
12-23-2018, 09:39 PM
I'm just glad this season is about over, I do not want to back in the playoffs, I want to see changes with some on the coaching staff. I'm not gonna blame any players especially not JuJu...dude is a class act and a great ball player!!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-23-2018, 10:01 PM
I'm just glad this season is about over, I do not want to back in the playoffs, I want to see changes with some on the coaching staff. I'm not gonna blame any players especially not JuJu...dude is a class act and a great ball player!!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Great post!!

While I think Fichtner's 30th ranked run offense is worse than Butler's 13th ranked defense.....I would not mind kicking the tires on Todd Bowles once he gets canned. There are too many Steelers defenders standing around when somebody is in the grasp and thus some broken tackles and extra yardage given. The don't play to the whistle, they play to when they think the whistle is about to be blown. Plus having slow ILB's on WR's in the slot is terrible defensive strategy.

Godfather
12-23-2018, 10:06 PM
Juju was fighting for extra yards that were badly needed.

Blame Fichtner for his playcalling against Oakland, or Ben for a dumb interception to lose the Denver game.

zulater
12-23-2018, 10:09 PM
I'm all for 'backing into the playoffs". This team can beat anyone out there. We've been snake bit to some degree. We could easily be 12-4 but for a call or bounce here or there. Better team than last year's 13-3 team.

Tell me how many teams could go into New Orleans and outplay the Saints? We did. Deserved better. So if by chance Cleveland beats the Ravens and we do our part and beat the Bungles then hell yeah I'm all in!

If you're not that's your problem. Last thing. That was Ju Ju's first fumble on the year. If you blame him you're an idiot. He was fighting for extra yards.
shit can happen. Leave him alone.

Craic
12-23-2018, 10:17 PM
Yeah, but to be a Steelers fan you aren't allowed to say the other team did a good job. The presence of the opponent is irrelevant. They do not make good plays, a Steeler always screws up.

Every game should be 55-0.

Nope. You're wrong. 55-0 means they would have missed a point after. This would have been considered a failure!

smokin3000gt
12-23-2018, 10:30 PM
There is a bin by the door on the way out for anyone that wants to turn in their terrible towels and move on from this team. I understand wanting the team to win but wow some people take this way too seriously. I love this team and get worked up like everyone else but the way I see it, the Steelers don't pay me enough to care and let it affect my day/week/month/season

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-23-2018, 10:37 PM
Nope. You're wrong. 55-0 means they would have missed a point after. This would have been considered a failure!

We don't always agree, but you are correct about this as the missed extra point will garner a "Goat" label for the kicker in this case. :rolleyes:

smokin3000gt
12-23-2018, 11:10 PM

and it would be Tomlin's fault for not coaching up the kicker

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-23-2018, 11:30 PM
and it would be Tomlin's fault for not coaching up the kicker

Be serious.....it would be Danny Smith's fault!

Only way that Tomlin gets the blame is if they went for 2 and missed.

Galax Steeler
12-24-2018, 05:36 AM
Shouldn't be in this situation so many games we should have won Raiders be one of them alot of blame across the board.

tube517
12-24-2018, 05:46 AM
Great post!!

While I think Fichtner's 30th ranked run offense is worse than Butler's 13th ranked defense.....I would not mind kicking the tires on Todd Bowles once he gets canned. There are too many Steelers defenders standing around when somebody is in the grasp and thus some broken tackles and extra yardage given. The don't play to the whistle, they play to when they think the whistle is about to be blown. Plus having slow ILB's on WR's in the slot is terrible defensive strategy.Agreed. Case in point.
On the Saints TD run where there were about 10 missed tackles, Davis was the last guy who missed the tackle and Dupree stood there assuming Davis had the runner down. Dupree should have run to the ball and helped. He just stood.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

vasteeler
12-24-2018, 08:32 AM
Shouldn't be in this situation so many games we should have won Raiders be one of them alot of blame across the board.

What's up Trixie! Long time no see.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-24-2018, 08:42 AM
Agreed. Case in point.
On the Saints TD run where there were about 10 missed tackles, Davis was the last guy who missed the tackle and Dupree stood there assuming Davis had the runner down. Dupree should have run to the ball and helped. He just stood.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I noticed that and even some 5 yard gains where some players are giving up because there is contact at 3 yards and the ballcarrier struggles forward for 2 more as guys look on.

I recall the phrase from a clinic a long time ago that, "Relentless Pursuit is Habit Forming" and Butler's defenses don't seem to have formed that habit. Its a culture that needs to be formed.

Galax Steeler
12-24-2018, 09:14 AM
What's up Trixie! Long time no see.

Yeah been busy, my son is racing dirt bikes and it is keeping me busy how has it been going

vader29
12-24-2018, 09:25 AM

BlackAndGold
12-24-2018, 01:46 PM

Love JuJu, this makes me feel like shit.

pczach
12-24-2018, 03:58 PM

How can you not love a player that takes it much harder than you do? Ownership...

There is nothing that I don't like about him.

pepsyman1
12-24-2018, 04:49 PM
I'm not holding anything against Juju. Does it suck that he fumbled there? Yes. Do I think he lost the game? Hell no. He was trying to get a little extra, got a little careless and unlucky. As many clutch catches as he had all game, as much as he's done all year....I wouldn't give him a hard time. Not his fault we hadn't put that game away before that. Would I give Ridley shit? Hell yes...he has a history of fumbling and went into a crowd without putting 2 hands on the ball. Would I give Tomlin and Butler shit for yet another blown game with some truly piss poor coaching decisions. DEFINITELY. You want someone to blame...THAT's where it should go.

Mojouw
12-24-2018, 06:42 PM

Watt, Hilton, and Davis do it almost every tackle. Hilton has missed a few trying for the rip. Watt almisr broke his hand a few weeks ago.

smokin3000gt
12-24-2018, 09:21 PM
Watt, Hilton, and Davis do it almost every tackle. Hilton has missed a few trying for the rip. Watt almisr broke his hand a few weeks ago.

You're right. A year or two ago I would agree with Gary that we never went for the strip but they do seem to be much more aggressive towards the ball this year

Lady Steel
12-26-2018, 02:14 AM

Awww, I knew he would be devastated. I feel so badly for him. But, we all make mistakes. None of us are perfect. JuJu will be just fine.

86WARD
12-26-2018, 09:20 AM
How can you not love a player that takes it much harder than you do? Ownership...

There is nothing that I don't like about him.

Agree.