PDA

View Full Version : Which school is Quarterback U?

saturdaysarebetter
12-19-2018, 06:20 AM
Hard to argue against back-to-back Heisman Trophy winners for Oklahoma and their past history of other Heisman Trophy winning quarterbacks.

https://johnbaranowski.wordpress.com/2018/06/09/which-school-is-quarterback-u/

DesertSteel
12-19-2018, 09:57 AM
Depends on criteria... For me, I'm more impressed by QBs that go one to have success in the NFL than just putting up gaudy stats in college that are often system-based. I'm not sure Oklahoma does it for me in that regard.

saturdaysarebetter
12-21-2018, 06:35 AM
So does Antwan Randal-El count towards Indiana being Wide Receiver U? Does Terrelle Pryor count towards Ohio State being Wide Receiver U? They were quarterbacks in college not wide receivers.

DesertSteel
12-21-2018, 10:26 AM
I just don't think that the Scott Frost's of the world constitute QBU.

Born2Steel
12-21-2018, 12:00 PM
Which era? Miami has produced a few NFL QBs. Texas A&M, Penn State, Florida State, USC, and don’t leave out Marshall. Notre Dame comes to mind. BYU had a couple SB MVPs.

Definitely depends on era and qualifying criteria.

DesertSteel
12-21-2018, 12:39 PM
Which era? Miami has produced a few NFL QBs. Texas A&M, Penn State, Florida State, USC, and don’t leave out Marshall. Notre Dame comes to mind. BYU had a couple SB MVPs.

Definitely depends on era and qualifying criteria.
Almost said this one. That's my home town so I didn't want to seem like a homer. But in addition to Chad and Byron, they've had quite a few QBs that were very good. Especially for a mid-major.