PDA

View Full Version : I missed half the game yesterday...

Psycho Ward 86
12-17-2018, 07:44 PM
I had a carpool with a couple buddies of mine and only managed to catch most of the 2nd quarter and part of the 3rd quarter.

anyone care to fill me in on the interesting quick hits that didnt necessarily show up on the stat sheet or the highlights?

Istina
12-17-2018, 11:31 PM
Doubled Gronk most of the night limiting his effectiveness
Good tackling
Some new twists in the running game for Samuels and he took advantage of it
Oline was fantastic, kept Ben clean with good line of sight and opened some nice holes and sealed the edge a few times in the run game
Dupree had zero tackles and zero assists, but set the edge and turned everything inside, applied some pressure (was held once without a call), deflected (almost intercepted) a pass that caused the ball to get to the receiver late and the defense swarmed the receiver preventing a 1st down
Offensive game plan worked well, it was conservative but effective, but hated the 2 or 3 deep throws on 3rd and medium when a 1st down would have been better served

That's about it from my untrained eye

teegre
12-18-2018, 06:55 AM
Brady has three red-zone trips, but only scored 3 points.

Two of those red-zone trips came in the fourth quarter, on the Taperiots’ final two possessions.

The Taperiots scored a 63-yard TD on a completely busted coverage, on their third play from scrimmage. Their offense did little else.

On our final possession, they ran Samuels over & over. He kept gaining yards, eating clock, and converting first downs.

The final play on that “clock killing” drive was a pass into the end-zone that JuJu almost came up with. “Turtling” would have been rushing for 4-5 yards to get your kicker better field position; Tomlin went for the kill shot (and was inches from succeeding).

SUMMATION:
In crunch time, the Steelers defense and Steelers offense did exactly what they needed to do in order to pull out a victory.

cubanstogie
12-18-2018, 09:02 AM
Tomlin actually tried to give game away
Steelers didn't really win, Pats self destructed due to crowd noise, dropped balls, and penalties.
AB was a non factor
Washington is not a bust anymore
Dupree did nothing as well
Brady, Gronk and Belicheck are no longer elite, don't let this win pull wool over eyes the Steelers still suck and all staff besides Munchak should be fired. Thats what apparently happened in the game from reading posts on here, then I actually watched it and realized it was all BS except the Washington part.

vasteeler
12-18-2018, 09:06 AM
Steelers didn't really win, Pats self destructed due to crowd noise, dropped balls, and penalties.
AB was a non factor
Brady, Gronk and Belicheck are no longer elite, don't let this win pull wool over eyes the Steelers still suck and all staff besides Munchak should be fired. Thats what apparently happened in the game from reading posts on here, then I actually watched it and realized it was all BS except the Washington part.

Ignore this post!

fansince'76
12-18-2018, 11:51 AM
AB was a non factor

:chuckle:

Mojouw
12-18-2018, 12:20 PM
AB was a non factor

Solid!

vasteeler
12-18-2018, 01:06 PM
My fault cubanstogie...should have read the whole post:doh2:

cubanstogie
12-18-2018, 07:13 PM
My fault cubanstogie...should have read the whole post:doh2:
no worries after a couple of posts I made last week I probably deserved it anyways.

Psycho Ward 86
12-18-2018, 08:05 PM
how did the interior pressure look?

Mojouw
12-19-2018, 12:02 AM
how did the interior pressure look?

Not ferocious or anything but they did enough to throw of timing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokin3000gt
12-19-2018, 03:01 AM
I had a carpool with a couple buddies of mine and only managed to catch most of the 2nd quarter and part of the 3rd quarter.

anyone care to fill me in on the interesting quick hits that didnt necessarily show up on the stat sheet or the highlights?

Game starts...
Q1: football
Q2: football
Q3: football
Q4:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/246/906/5bb.jpg