PDA

View Full Version : Boswell -- Gay and Racial tweets

DesertSteel
12-17-2018, 11:46 AM
Trouble for Boz...

http://dailysnark.com/steelers-fans-find-old-homophobic-tweets-from-k-chris-boswell-in-hopes-of-getting-him-cut-after-missed-fg/?fbclid=IwAR188vAjsSUzaDVZeVdQnmklBEtyTtBl5uBjTSvt S4tawjTdQudNcOMcFqg

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-17-2018, 12:02 PM
Sad. Fans need to get a life.

Mojouw
12-17-2018, 12:02 PM
And this is why Twitter is a toilet.

DesertSteel
12-17-2018, 12:06 PM
Sad. Fans need to get a life.

No concern over his actual comments?

- - - Updated - - -

And it's Boswell's turd that's still floating in the bowl...

Fire Goodell
12-17-2018, 12:08 PM
lol

j-d-s
12-17-2018, 12:09 PM
Well, there's something called "freedom of speech". Everyone's entitled to their opinion. And not face loss of employment for it.

But Boz still missed a lot of Kicks. Getting fired for doing a bad job is just normal.

DesertSteel
12-17-2018, 12:10 PM
Well, there's something called "freedom of speech". Everyone's entitled to their opinion. And not face loss of employment for it.

What constitution is that in??

Mojouw
12-17-2018, 12:11 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. One, I think, was a song lyric. And the rest reads like stupid crap that 20 year old bro-jocks say to each other.

There will be the required public outrage. A firestorm of media attention because it is what qualifies as a "great" story this day and age. "Embattled kicker now might be homophobic racist". It will allow a TON of click-baity articles that require no football knowledge to write to be produced -- "Click here -- you won' t believe what it took to threaten Boswell's job!"

Do I support/condone his comments? Yeah, no. Do I give a crap? Yeah, no.

I got role models. I have friends. I just need these guys to play well on Sundays.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-17-2018, 12:15 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know the "fans" digging thru old tweets that are trying to get Boswell fired?

None of these "fans" seemed to be digging in old social media posts last year when he made the pro bowl.

st33lersguy
12-17-2018, 12:17 PM
If everyone got fired for saying or doing stupid shit in their past the whole world would be unemployed

DesertSteel
12-17-2018, 12:27 PM
Do you know the "fans" digging thru old tweets that are trying to get Boswell fired?

None of these "fans" seemed to be digging in old social media posts last year when he made the pro bowl.
My question (not leading in any way) was about his actual comments, not the reason they were dug up.

I want the guy cut independent of his stupid remarks.

Lady Steel
12-17-2018, 12:28 PM
There are nitwits who actually think they have "Twitter friends." :toofunny:

Yeah, I bet Boswell thought he did, too. Dumbass.

For what it's worth and from what I understand, Boswell is actually quite an asshole. I'm just puttin' that out there.

Steeldude
12-17-2018, 12:33 PM
What? A guy insulted another guy by calling him gay? I have never headed if such a thing.��

The sounds like a moronic rap lyric. If it is did they complain when the lyric was written?

I would love to dig through the Tweets of the people whining about him.

Shoes
12-17-2018, 12:34 PM
I think they need to start the military draft or require people 18 years old to do at least a two-years in the peace corps or some other service. Get out of mama's house! I recently met a girl who is 35 years old, married with two kids and is still on her mother's phone plan.

steelreserve
12-17-2018, 12:51 PM
What? A college kid ribbing his friends by calling them gay? I am shocked - SHOCKED - to hear of such a thing. Obviously he is a hateful bigot and should be released immediately, and even if he got a job at Target, people should follow him around and post his face on social media and threaten a boycott, and demand that he be barred from employment for life.

Also the "n-word" comments looked like he was quoting someone else, I guess that's what quotation marks mean.

But still not a great week for this guy, all in all.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-17-2018, 12:54 PM
My question (not leading in any way) was about his actual comments, not the reason they were dug up.

I know that its no secret that you have wanted Boswell cut....and that is why I somewhat jokingly asked if you know :wink02: of any of the fans that want to dig up old posts when he is kicking poorly to get him fired, but didn't seem to have any moral concern when he was a pro bowler.

The fact that people went out of their way to find such old tweets makes me wonder if they are legit, valid, or fabricated. Who knows, maybe he is now the victim of Russian hackers, which seems popular these days.

I don't condone any racism, anti-semitsim, gay bashing, etc. But I also know that young kids say stupid things to sound cool. All I have to do is look at my teenage kids playlists and see the rap lyrics they are listening to, in order to show supporting evidence.

As for cutting Boswell....I don't think that is the correct move. There are only 2 more regular season games left and the guy has shown over the long term to be a good kicker. He just needs to get his mindset back to what it was like to nail that 48 yarder and if that means seeing a sport psychologist like Bob Rotella, Jay Ferraro, etc. then the Steelers should have done that already.

lipps83
12-17-2018, 01:03 PM

I was 17 once too and said some not so smart things.

Should I be shot?

Get over it. Everyone was a kid once, let them be a kid and not PC robots.

For Christ's Sake.....literally. Forgiveness first.

You asshole....

OMG......can't believe that came out of my mouth. Ship me to Antarctica.

Iron Steeler
12-17-2018, 01:06 PM
This team is just a magnet for Drama. We don't need it, not now .

AtlantaDan
12-17-2018, 01:07 PM
New topic for Radio Ben tomorrow? :chuckle:

More likely a scripted apology from Boz coming in 3....2....1

But this probably does rule out Boz hosting the Academy Awards

Mojouw
12-17-2018, 01:13 PM
I hate when people feel the need to use sexuality (real or implied) or racial slurs to try and run someone down. Not a fan.

But you know what I am less of a fan of? The idea that people can just rifle through someone's social media and then demand that something happen.

This was a low class move by whoever started the Twitter dive and it would be one thing if they actually found something (crimes, harassment, etc) but to just attempt to run a guy out because he likely isn't a great tolerant person -- even my liberal ass finds that ridiculous.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-17-2018, 01:16 PM
New topic for Radio Ben tomorrow? :chuckle:

More likely a scripted apology from Boz coming in 3....2....1

But this probably does rule out Boz hosting the Academy Awards

I'm wondering if Radio Ben takes credit for "motivating" James Washington. Or, does he further motivate #13 by commenting that Ben didn't overthrow him, but rather #13 wasn't running fast enough. Another possible topic is how JuJu didn't jump for the football that lead to an INT, or Eli Rogers didn't clear out the zone on the 2nd INT.

You are probably correct on Boz and the Oscars, but maybe he just stands his ground on the comments like Kevin Hart did?

AtlantaDan
12-17-2018, 01:25 PM
I'm wondering if Radio Ben takes credit for "motivating" James Washington. Or, does he further motivate #13 by commenting that Ben didn't overthrow him, but rather #13 wasn't running fast enough. Another possible topic is how JuJu didn't jump for the football that lead to an INT, or Eli Rogers didn't clear out the zone on the 2nd INT.

You are probably correct on Boz and the Oscars, but maybe he just stands his ground on the comments like Kevin Hart did?

Kevin Hart's future income stream is a lot less precarious than that of Boz these days and Kevin Hart does not have to answer to a league office that is on top of maintaining its purported image of tolerance and inclusiveness when it is not screwing up investigations of its employees assaulting 19 year old women

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-17-2018, 01:51 PM
Kevin Hart's future income stream is a lot less precarious than that of Boz these days and Kevin Hart does not have to answer to a league office that is on top of maintaining its purported image of tolerance and inclusiveness when it is not screwing up investigations of its employees assaulting 19 year old women

So, to paraphrase Coach Tomlin..."the double-standard is the standard". I think that is what you are saying. :wink02:

DesertSteel
12-17-2018, 02:13 PM
I was 17 once too and said some not so smart things.

Should I be shot?

Get over it. Everyone was a kid once, let them be a kid and not PC robots.

For Christ's Sake.....literally. Forgiveness first.

You asshole....

OMG......can't believe that came out of my mouth. Ship me to Antarctica.
You’re calling me an asshole for posting a link?

BlackAndGold
12-17-2018, 02:54 PM
That's Gay

steelerdude15
12-17-2018, 03:00 PM
I hate when people feel the need to use sexuality (real or implied) or racial slurs to try and run someone down. Not a fan.

But you know what I am less of a fan of? The idea that people can just rifle through someone's social media and then demand that something happen.

This was a low class move by whoever started the Twitter dive and it would be one thing if they actually found something (crimes, harassment, etc) but to just attempt to run a guy out because he likely isn't a great tolerant person -- even my liberal ass finds that ridiculous.

This issue has happened to a few other professional athletes this year.

lipps83
12-17-2018, 03:12 PM
You’re calling me an asshole for posting a link?

No, I am not even calling you an asshole. I was demonstrating the absurdity of this entire situation to you, hence the 'ship me off to antarctica' comment.

May the person that has never, ever, in their life had a moment where they were offensive to any other people/place/religion/gender cast the first stone.

That is what I am saying.

It isn't a story. Literally every single person on the face of this Earth has done this thing at some point or another in their own life.

Who Chris Boswell was 6 years ago and who he is now are not the same person. And neither are you. [The only reason someone is trying to destroy Chris Boswell now is because he isn't as adept as he once was at kicking an odd shaped ball. THIS ALONE IS WHAT IS GROSS.]

AtlantaDan
12-17-2018, 03:17 PM
So, to paraphrase Coach Tomlin..."the double-standard is the standard". I think that is what you are saying. :wink02:

Never forget the golden rule - those that have the gold make the rules

Hawkman
12-17-2018, 03:28 PM
So glad I’m a nobody.

86WARD
12-17-2018, 03:34 PM
These are from 5 years ago when he was in college. NOT a big deal. Who hasn’t done stupid shit in your early 20s?

It’s a dick move on the fans part to try to eat him fired from his job. Those same fans have probably done worse...no doubt.

Were his comments right? Absolutely not but again, what 22 year old is perfectly behaved? Probably very few...

Plus...this guy has the middle name “Lynn”...just saying...

I’ll risk being cut from the forum and say this thread is Gay. “Oh no...I’m a homophobe!!!”

AtlantaDan
12-17-2018, 03:56 PM
Steelers kicker Chris Boswell deletes his Twitter account

Pittsburgh Steelers kicker Chris Boswell deleted his Twitter account following the team’s 17-10 victory of the New England Patriots, according to various media outlets.

It’s unclear why he deleted his account

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14416244-74/steelers-kicker-chris-boswell-deletes-his-twitter-account

"Unclear" only if you do not read this site :chuckle:

vader29
12-17-2018, 04:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzGIzIFtflk

fansince'76
12-17-2018, 04:07 PM
This team is just a magnet for Drama. We don't need it, not now .

This is nothing.

st33lersguy
12-17-2018, 04:26 PM
This week on Days of Our Steelers....

DesertSteel
12-17-2018, 04:47 PM
Steelers kicker Chris Boswell deletes his Twitter account

Pittsburgh Steelers kicker Chris Boswell deleted his Twitter account following the team’s 17-10 victory of the New England Patriots, according to various media outlets.

It’s unclear why he deleted his account

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14416244-74/steelers-kicker-chris-boswell-deletes-his-twitter-account

"Unclear" only if you do not read this site :chuckle:
The writer of that article needs to learn how to use Google...................

steelreserve
12-17-2018, 04:48 PM
These are from 5 years ago when he was in college. NOT a big deal. Who hasn’t done stupid shit in your early 20s?

It’s a dick move on the fans part to try to eat him fired from his job. Those same fans have probably done worse...no doubt.

Were his comments right? Absolutely not but again, what 22 year old is perfectly behaved? Probably very few...

Plus...this guy has the middle name “Lynn”...just saying...

I’ll risk being cut from the forum and say this thread is Gay. “Oh no...I’m a homophobe!!!”

I mean, even by teenage/college age standards, this is pretty tame. Using the word "gay" in the schoolyard-insult way when you're joking around is a lot different from like ... actually directing an anti-gay slur at a gay person, which is what some people are acting like he did.

And using the "n-word" ending in "a" is a lot different from the version ending in "er", especially when it looks like it's just quoted from a video or a rapper.

But no - it must be HATE SPEECH! GRRRRRRRR POLITICAL ANGER!!!

j-d-s
12-17-2018, 05:12 PM
Imagine a world where you get fired from your job because your boss heard that you have political opinions he doesn't share. Would you think that's right?

I suppose in Utah or some places in the Midwest there are like really fierce conservatives who would love to fire an employee who stated that he supports abortions...

Hawkman
12-17-2018, 05:12 PM
I want to know who the guy is that posted those tweets, so I can rail on him.

stillers4me
12-17-2018, 05:14 PM
Is this serious? It looks to me like a couple of friends getting on each others case about something. It's just the way they talk. Twitter conversations make no sense anyway. It's a "private" conversation between a couple of kids. This is just stupid.

cubanstogie
12-17-2018, 05:15 PM
I want to know who the guy is that posted those tweets, so I can rail on him.
the guy who wrote it is a pole smoker

Mojouw
12-17-2018, 05:48 PM
I mean, even by teenage/college age standards, this is pretty tame. Using the word "gay" in the schoolyard-insult way when you're joking around is a lot different from like ... actually directing an anti-gay slur at a gay person, which is what some people are acting like he did.

And using the "n-word" ending in "a" is a lot different from the version ending in "er", especially when it looks like it's just quoted from a video or a rapper.

But no - it must be HATE SPEECH! GRRRRRRRR POLITICAL ANGER!!!

Totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dwinsgames
12-17-2018, 06:01 PM
personally I could give 2 shits less .... if its song lyrics /yawn ..... wake me up when he hits someone / shoots at someone / gets nailed with a few pounds of dope in his trunk / drugs some women and then rapes them / makes more than 1 FG in a game .....

steelreserve
12-17-2018, 06:11 PM
wake me up when he hits someone / shoots at someone / gets nailed with a few pounds of dope in his trunk / drugs some women and then rapes them / makes more than 1 FG in a game .....

at the same time? That would be a hell of a week.

Craic
12-17-2018, 06:12 PM
at the same time? That would be a hell of a week.

:buttkick:

:chuckle:

Shoes
12-17-2018, 06:14 PM
Boz isn't going anywhere, at least this season. Hopefully, he'll get back to the old Boz and I think he will. Tomlin still has hope in him and I'm glad for that.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Chris-Boswell-Mike-Tomlin-hes-our-kicker-126472482/

Fire Goodell
12-17-2018, 06:20 PM
Honestly this is a non-story seriously. I think we all have gotten drunk and said way worse things on social media or other places when we were in college.

I'm glad I'm not famous, there'd be a lot of drunken rants at age 22 where I would have been called the biggest a-hole on the planet :chuckle:

Dwinsgames
12-17-2018, 06:36 PM
people wanna know why he deleted his Twitter .... well my guess is this is why ......

Butch
12-17-2018, 07:41 PM
people wanna know why he deleted his Twitter .... well my guess is this is why ......

Some people are poor excuses for human beings.

Shoes
12-17-2018, 07:57 PM

and there's a bunch of them!

st33lersguy
12-17-2018, 08:03 PM

That's part of life
2 important life lessons I have learned
1. People are stupid
2. People are assholes

Fire Goodell
12-17-2018, 08:51 PM
That's part of life
2 important life lessons I have learned
1. People are stupid
2. People are assholes

Which is why I partly am not a fan of modern society, people are getting stupider every day because natural selection doesn't kill off stupid anymore.

Devilsdancefloor
12-17-2018, 08:53 PM

the 1st amendment. just because it offends you doesnt mean its not freedom of speech.

teegre
12-17-2018, 08:53 PM
This reminds me... I really like Eminem.

Devilsdancefloor
12-17-2018, 08:55 PM
Which is why I partly am not a fan of modern society, people are getting stupider every day because natural selection doesn't kill off stupid anymore.

people need a old fashion taken out back everyone is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO brave behind a keyboard

bayz101
12-17-2018, 10:18 PM
What's more offending, that he talked how a lot of people did before everyone was overly sensitive...or that people are telling him to kill himself? I've watched movies from the early 2000's recently that have had much worse language than anything he said. Boo-hoo.

Istina
12-17-2018, 10:41 PM

All social media and big tech companies are toilets, IG, Twitter, FB, Google, Apple, etc. all toilets, one and all.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-17-2018, 10:41 PM
So true that there are a lot of keyboard tough guys.

I read an article over a decade ago that predicted with the increase use of text, email and other forms of non verbal communication that the spoken word would become less talented of a skill or communication form. There is something to be said (or typed ) about having a good ole discussion or disagreement face to face. Eventually it either gets worked out or punched out. Most of the bitches typing this stuff on the internet wouldnt have the guts to say that stuff to somebodys face.

LambertsLunatic58
12-17-2018, 10:58 PM
FacePalm/ haters gonna hate

- - - Updated - - -

So true that there are a lot of keyboard tough guys.

I read an article over a decade ago that predicted with the increase use of text, email and other forms of non verbal communication that the spoken word would become less talented of a skill or communication form. There is something to be said (or typed ) about having a good ole discussion or disagreement face to face. Eventually it either gets worked out or punched out. Most of the bitches typing this stuff on the internet wouldnt have the guts to say that stuff to somebodys face.

"I"ll sue you!" ....Modern Man's Warcry

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-17-2018, 11:33 PM
FacePalm/ haters gonna hate

- - - Updated - - -

"I"ll sue you!" ....Modern Man's Warcry

"Bullying" or "Shaming" are part of that war cry.

As for Boz, I believe what many have said here that what was said by the kid when he was in college, although insensitive and misguided, is pretty much that of a 20 something jock...insensitive and misguided. I wonder why none of these internet tough guys are looking up Tyreek Hill's past and clamoring for his release? If posters don't know, it involves choking the mother of his child unconscious.

The losers that are trying to dig up old social media posts to get the guy released are the scourge of society and someday a few of them will likely win Darwin awards.

Fire Goodell
12-17-2018, 11:57 PM
people need a old fashion taken out back everyone is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO brave behind a keyboard

everything I say here I say to people in person with no problem. I let my nuts hang :chuckle:

DesertSteel
12-18-2018, 12:43 AM
the 1st amendment. just because it offends you doesnt mean its not freedom of speech.
I'm referring to the part about you can't lose your job due to what you say. I'm pretty sure that part is not in there.

GoSlash27
12-18-2018, 06:03 AM
Imagine a world where you get fired from your job because your boss heard that you have political opinions he doesn't share. Would you think that's right?

I suppose in Utah or some places in the Midwest there are like really fierce conservatives who would love to fire an employee who stated that he supports abortions...

j-d-s,
Sadly, that *is* the world we live in, and plenty of people have been fired for saying controversial things. Sometimes, merely politically incorrect things. The 1st Amdt protects you from the government. It doesn't protect you from your employer or other people.

Dwinsgames
12-18-2018, 08:23 AM
j-d-s,
Sadly, that *is* the world we live in, and plenty of people have been fired for saying controversial things. Sometimes, merely politically incorrect things. The 1st Amdt protects you from the government. It doesn't protect you from your employer or other people.

a High school teacher was fired the other day for refusing to call a biological female a male ....

The teacher agreed to call the student by the name they desired but refused to go beyond that ....

they lost their job ....

THIS is the messed up world in which we live .....

EzraTank
12-18-2018, 08:58 AM
Not really. One, I think, was a song lyric. And the rest reads like stupid crap that 20 year old bro-jocks say to each other.

There will be the required public outrage. A firestorm of media attention because it is what qualifies as a "great" story this day and age. "Embattled kicker now might be homophobic racist". It will allow a TON of click-baity articles that require no football knowledge to write to be produced -- "Click here -- you won' t believe what it took to threaten Boswell's job!"

Do I support/condone his comments? Yeah, no. Do I give a crap? Yeah, no.

I got role models. I have friends. I just need these guys to play well on Sundays.

Perfect post. My son is 11 and when I pick him up at Middle school I hear tons of kids calling each other gay. They laugh it off because they know they are joking. As far as the "Nigga" word it's clearly from a Drake song, he even says it in his tweet. Do you really think none of his black team mates would have called him out for these tweets if they thought he was racist?

Twitter and the internet really are the bane of our society today.

EzraTank
12-18-2018, 09:07 AM
a High school teacher was fired the other day for refusing to call a biological female a male ....

The teacher agreed to call the student by the name they desired but refused to go beyond that ....

they lost their job ....

THIS is the messed up world in which we live .....

I've said it before, if this country had to fight WW2 today we'd be speaking German in two weeks.

FrancoLambert
12-18-2018, 10:34 AM
Everyone needs a Buddha Box.

smokin3000gt
12-18-2018, 11:06 AM
sexual allegation from middle school in 3... 2...

- - - Updated - - -

I've said it before, if this country had to fight WW2 today we'd be speaking German in two weeks.

Hugs not war!

pczach
12-18-2018, 07:14 PM
Do I agree with what is said? No. I just don't think something that was said before anyone was a celebrity on social media, and maybe didn't even understand that everyone could see what they were posting to an individual is ridiculous. Some of the stuff being revealed about athletes have been conversations with friends. Everyone talks shit with friends, and almost everyone has said or done something stupid or regrettable at some point of their young lives.

The people that are really pissing me off are the "adults" and "journalists" digging through social media posts of famous people and athletes when they were teenagers. I don't agree with much of the stuff posted by people when they're kids.....but they're kids. If it isn't something egregious or threatening...it's a scumbag move to try to destroy someone's life to try to build your career or to push an agenda. Young people deserve to be forgiven for mistakes they made when they were kids. For crying out loud.

How about we judge people on what they do and say when they are adults, have hopefully matured, and have a full grasp of social media and you can get a better feeling for what is in their hearts with the words and thoughts they use.

86WARD
12-18-2018, 07:18 PM
Do I agree with what is said? No. I just don't think something that was said before anyone was a celebrity on social media, and maybe didn't even understand that everyone could see what they were posting to an individual is ridiculous. Some of the stuff being revealed about athletes have been conversations with friends. Everyone talks shit with friends, and almost everyone has said or done something stupid or regrettable at some point of their young lives.

The people that are really pissing me off are the "adults" and "journalists" digging through social media posts of famous people and athletes when they were teenagers. I don't agree with much of the stuff posted by people when they're kids.....but they're kids. If it isn't something egregious or threatening...it's a scumbag move to try to destroy someone's life to try to build your career or to push an agenda. Young people deserve to be forgiven for mistakes they made when they were kids. For crying out loud.

How about we judge people on what they do and say when they are adults, have hopefully matured, and have a full grasp of social media and you can get a better feeling for what is in their hearts with the words and thoughts they use.

Exactly

Godfather
12-23-2018, 10:30 PM

Spot on. Digging up old tweets is petty and vindictive.