PDA

View Full Version : Leftwich taking setback in stride

stillers4me
09-23-2010, 06:20 PM
September 23rd, 2010
As Byron Leftwich went to sit down Thursday in front of his locker, his chair collapsed, leaving the Steelers’ quarterback nowhere to land but the floor.
It has been that kind of September for Leftwich.
But Leftwich, just as he has dealt with the knee injury that cost him a starting job, shrugged off the kind of scene you’d expect to see on a bloopers show.
He laughed at it, actually, before getting up and showing nearby onlookers that the Steelers’ quarterback situation had not taken another turn in the form of a freak injury.
As temperaments go, it is hard to imagine many with better ones than Leftwich..............

read more http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2010/09/23/leftwich-taking-setback-in-stride/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

cold-hard-steel
09-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Well,i just have to say that the guy that should have started in the first place is now starting.Could have been Batch that went down,and then Dennis could come in.If we were planning on cutting Batch anyway,what would it have mattered?Good ole Charlie.Let the man go out with a thrill of giving us a memory to remember.No matter what, he will be sitting when our big boy comes back.If he hands off all day long,i could care less.I hope he ends his career @6-1 as a starter for us. Go Charlie!!!!!!!!!~!!!

HometownGal
09-24-2010, 06:23 AM
Total class - I would expect nothing less from Byron. :drink: :applaudit: The guy is a total teamer and will do whatever the coaches ask of him. :thumbsup: Lefty definitely has black 'n gold blood running through his veins!

SteelerSal
09-24-2010, 06:51 AM
As Byron Leftwich went to sit down Thursday in front of his locker, his chair collapsed, leaving the Steelers’ quarterback nowhere to land but the floor.

I think Batch did that to set Lefty back and not take his starting spot away. LOL