PDA

View Full Version : Bucs Prepping For Blitzburgh

stillers4me
09-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Charlie
Campbell (http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=user&id=127:charliecampbell) Editor-In-Chief

The Buccaneers are a franchise that has established a reputation for being a tough defensive team through the years. This week, Tampa Bay takes on another legendary defense in the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers run a blitz-heavy 3-4 defense that features a physical front seven led by pass-rushing outside linebackers Lamarr Woodley and James Harrison. Those 'backers have kept the tradition of excellent linebackers in the past two decades where Pittsburgh featured standouts such as Hardy Nickerson, Greg Lloyd, Kevin Greene, Levon Kirkland, and Joey Porter.

The Steelers' propensity to sack the quarterback and cause turnovers has led to their nick-name of "Blitzburgh." Bucs starting quarterback Josh Freeman knows Tampa Bay has little margin for error in blitz pickup this week, and setting the protection calls falls on Freeman’s shoulders.

"Both of those guys are extremely talented," Freeman said of Harrison and Woodley. "They are physical, and I can say we haven't really played anybody like this defense. I know they are going to be coming and be looking to create turnovers. They have been successful at that the past couple weeks. We just have to play within ourselves, be ball secure and wait for an opportunity and go out and get a win this Sunday...........

“You can’t trust anybody to handle James Harrison. He’s a trained assassin,” said Morris.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=6025

salamander
09-23-2010, 06:31 PM
" “You can’t trust anybody to handle James Harrison. He’s a trained assassin,” said Morris. "

Love it.

cold-hard-steel
09-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Least he knows what he thinks to expect.That could change come Sunday.I don't think we left a lot of film out there for them to veiw.Lot of ways this defense can make you second guess.The second guess just may be wrong.Steeler D has a hunger this year.I believe that hunger will be well fed.

BucInPittsburgh
09-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Great quote by Morris. He always tells it like it is.

Freeman tends to keep his cool during interviews. Very calm and collected. But will he keep his cool when Harrison and Woodley (and let's not forget Timmons) are up in his grill?

We will see.

Galax Steeler
09-23-2010, 07:23 PM
I am sure they haven't seen a defense like we are getting ready to bring. They better be on there A game if they don't want to turn the ball over. Harrison and Woodley will be bringing it from both sides.

steelpride12
09-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Good Luck.

NJarhead
09-23-2010, 07:37 PM
I liken the Buc's seeing the Steelers defense for the first time on the field to Roy Scheider in Jaws:

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

:chuckle:

Merchant
09-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Wow.. that is my new favourite quote.

steeldevil
09-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Good Luck.

yep