PDA

View Full Version : Week 14: Oakland Raiders

Edman
12-03-2018, 05:25 AM
In typical Tomlin Steelers fashion, The Steelers have blown two very winnable games against two beatable opponents. Because of that, the playoffs have officially started this week. The Steelers have to essentially win out a brutal stretch to even have a chance. Starting with a tough opponent in Oakland. It doesn't make a lick of difference, Oakland is just like Denver. Nothing ever seem to go well for the Steelers there.

Oakland has been Ben's kryptonite. He has never played well or won there (0-3). Derek Carr can throw the ball well and can exploit the Defense.

We know this team can play, but the real question is whether or not this team can be trusted to not shoot itself in the foot to lose.

st33lersguy
12-03-2018, 07:26 AM
We all know they will find a way to lose and make some scrubs look like pro bowlers. Ben throws interception after interception while Carr and Bryant to make things worse have field days. Silver and Black should enjoy this one

DesertSteel
12-03-2018, 12:41 PM
Tomlin is a better leader than he is a coach. The only chance they have of making it to the Super Bowl is if it's do or die every week. They are just about there... 8-4-1 after Sunday, then take out the Pats at home.

silver & black
12-03-2018, 01:30 PM
I say this every time we play. I don't think you have much to worry about. The Raiders are horrible. The defense is non existent. We have no WR's to catch the ball, so Carr is irrelevant.... he checks down 90% of the time. Most of the players are 3rd string/practice squad guys. You should win this game with no problem.

Shoes
12-03-2018, 01:39 PM
I say this every time we play. I don't think you have much to worry about. The Raiders are horrible. The defense is non existent. We have no WR's to catch the ball, so Carr is irrelevant.... he checks down 90% of the time. Most of the players are 3rd string/practice squad guys. You should win this game with no problem.

I'm not so sure about that, the Steelers with all the talent they have can't play and can't coach 60 minutes of football. Plus Ben really sucks in Oakland.

st33lersguy
12-03-2018, 01:58 PM

I'm sure you though the same thing numerous times over the past dozen years. This is a prime opportunity for the Steelers to play down and lay an egg

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-03-2018, 02:05 PM
Ben will throw 3 INT's, 2 will be pick 6 and the Raiders will have 200 yards rushing. JuJu will be called out on the radio show for not catching the pick 6's.

st33lersguy
12-03-2018, 02:46 PM
Steelers outgain the Raiders 527-334 and lose

AtlantaDan
12-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Steelers open as 11&1/2 point favorites with 51&1/2 over/under

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Raiders getting the points looks like the smart move

fansince'76
12-03-2018, 05:09 PM
Ben will throw 3 INT's, 2 will be pick 6 and the Raiders will have 200 yards rushing. JuJu will be called out on the radio show for not catching the pick 6's.

Yeah, the whole radio thing isn't getting played or old at all...

hawaiiansteeler
12-03-2018, 05:24 PM
https://pics.ballmemes.com/nfl-memes-the-raiders-now-have-the-two-worst-haircuts-30050979.png

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-03-2018, 09:09 PM
Yeah, the whole radio thing isn't getting played or old at all...

Never gets old, its a weekly radio show. Only way it gets old is when the ratings are bad.

JnK
12-04-2018, 12:41 PM
Hmmm..... let's see.... A 4pm game on the west coast against a team that we should easily hammer.... what could possibly go wrong? :sarcasm:

Fire Goodell
12-04-2018, 05:50 PM
Playing the Raiders at Oakland? 7-5-1 here we come

AtlantaDan
12-06-2018, 09:40 AM
At least we’ll be spared Martavis Bryant having a big game and catching the winning TD pass - Raiders put him on IR with a PCL injury that did not heal up

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/martavis-bryant-injured-reserve-part-raiders-recent-roster-moves

I assume some team will sign him to a vet minimum contract in 2019 and be as disappointed as his two previous teams

Renewed props to Colbert for fleecing Gruden for the third round pick

86WARD
12-06-2018, 06:03 PM
I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing him back in a very team friendly deal.

FrancoLambert
12-06-2018, 10:08 PM
I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing him back in a very team friendly deal.

I wouldn’t want him back under any circumstances.

Edman
12-07-2018, 05:23 AM

Then we remember all the shitty Raider teams of the past who looked like world champions against the Steelers, especially in Oakland. Terrelle Pryor scampers for a 90-yard TD in 2013, Raiders secondary picks Ben 4 times in 2006, Raiders comeback in 2012...

I have seen nothing to indicate Sunday will be any different. This is the same Tomlin-coached inconsistent Steelers team who finds ways to lose and falters to inferior competition, and the Raiders are terrible, the absolute prime moment for that season-destroying upset.

The Raiders should be A-OK Sunday.

86WARD
12-07-2018, 09:06 AM
Raiders game will have that Jerome Bettis Chicago Bears feel to it on Sunday and “The Run” will begin!!!

Hawkman
12-07-2018, 10:29 AM
I think it’s going to be a big game for Washington. Ben has not taken a practice off this week and has been working hard with Washington getting routes and timing down. Hopefully getting his confidence up. Unfortunately I think Ben has a wicked cold. Well, nothing like good California air to take care of that.:heh:

tube517
12-07-2018, 10:46 AM
Raiders game will have that Jerome Bettis Chicago Bears feel to it on Sunday and “The Run” will begin!!!

Since Pimply dan was mentioned in the other thread.

Let's do this!!!!

https://imgur.com/lYVjx

SteelMember
12-07-2018, 02:53 PM
Steelers open as 11&1/2 point favorites with 51&1/2 over/under

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Raiders getting the points looks like the smart move

And that's probably what most fans thank as well after the last few games, but as soon as the money is called in, this will be the game they cover. /because Steelers

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-07-2018, 04:33 PM
And that's probably what most fans thank as well after the last few games, but as soon as the money is called in, this will be the game they cover. /because Steelers Agreed!

Lady Steel
12-07-2018, 11:26 PM

That's the spirit! :tt02:

I think it’s going to be a big game for Washington. Ben has not taken a practice off this week and has been working hard with Washington getting routes and timing down. Hopefully getting his confidence up. Unfortunately I think Ben has a wicked cold. Well, nothing like good California air to take care of that.:heh:

Cold and flu season is in full swing in western PA. Hope everyone is healthy for the game. :crossed:

86WARD
12-08-2018, 02:30 PM
That's the spirit! :tt02:
:crossed:

Every once in a while I get optimistic...lol. It's very rare though...

12-08-2018, 04:04 PM
Every once in a while I get optimistic...lol. It's very rare though... I noticed that lol. Hey Romo did say we are the all round complete team a few weeks back, so we got that going for us lol.

silver & black
12-08-2018, 04:09 PM
In case I don't get on here tomorrow............... I honestly hope the Steelers beat the shit out of the Raiders. We have already won too many games. I want/we need the #1 draft pick. Please..... take care of business tomorrow. That said, I hope there are no injuries on either side, and nothing happens to jeopardize your season. Nothing matters to the Raiders' season, so.................

12-08-2018, 04:14 PM
In case I don't get on here tomorrow............... I honestly hope the Steelers beat the shit out of the Raiders. We have already won too many games. I want/we need the #1 draft pick. Please..... take care of business tomorrow. That said, I hope there are no injuries on either side, and nothing happens to jeopardize your season. Nothing matters to the Raiders' season, so................. Well hoping you guys get the 1 pick!:tt03:

pczach
12-08-2018, 04:36 PM
In case I don't get on here tomorrow............... I honestly hope the Steelers beat the shit out of the Raiders. We have already won too many games. I want/we need the #1 draft pick. Please..... take care of business tomorrow. That said, I hope there are no injuries on either side, and nothing happens to jeopardize your season. Nothing matters to the Raiders' season, so.................

I wish you good luck in your quest for #1! :smoker:

DesertSteel
12-08-2018, 05:22 PM
I wish you good luck in your quest for #1! :smoker:
Hopefully the Steelers can help them out tomorrow!

stillers4me
12-09-2018, 08:48 AM

Fire Goodell
12-09-2018, 06:30 PM
Fuck it I'm officially giving up on the season. Travel or not if you lose to Oakland you suck.

Don't even talk playoffs, there won't be any

Mojouw
12-09-2018, 06:32 PM
I have never seen anything like the run of poor luck and bizarre decisions that has been the last 3 weeks. Never seen a team so snake-bitten.

JayC
12-09-2018, 06:33 PM
F*** BOSWELL

EzraTank
12-09-2018, 06:33 PM
So why did Ben not play the 3rd quarter

Edman
12-09-2018, 06:37 PM
Then we remember all the shitty Raider teams of the past who looked like world champions against the Steelers, especially in Oakland. Terrelle Pryor scampers for a 90-yard TD in 2013, Raiders secondary picks Ben 4 times in 2006, Raiders comeback in 2012...

I have seen nothing to indicate Sunday will be any different. This is the same Tomlin-coached inconsistent Steelers team who finds ways to lose and falters to inferior competition, and the Raiders are terrible, the absolute prime moment for that season-destroying upset.

The Raiders should be A-OK Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsqmU3v0hVA

Shoes
12-09-2018, 07:42 PM
I'm not so sure about that, the Steelers with all the talent they have can't play and can't coach 60 minutes of football. Plus Ben really sucks in Oakland.

See same old story. No matter how bad you think the Raiders are, they will always beat the Steelers. But if we just add a player here or there, Win Now, It’s a small window, LMAO!

j-d-s
12-09-2018, 07:44 PM
Ben now 0-4 in Oakland.

At least the Raidahs are gonna move. So we don't have to play there again.

Shoes
12-09-2018, 07:59 PM
Ben now 0-4 in Oakland.

that won’t matter, just like the Pats we lose at home or in NE, makes no difference.

86WARD
12-09-2018, 08:50 PM
Ben now 0-4 in Oakland.

Ben won’t be around the next time they play the Raiders in the regular season...lol.

steelerdude15
12-09-2018, 09:28 PM
I have never seen anything like the run of poor luck and bizarre decisions that has been the last 3 weeks. Never seen a team so snake-bitten.

The Browns. :chuckle:

SteelMayhem72
12-09-2018, 10:18 PM
Anybody see Ben retiring if this season goes down the drain

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

fansince'76
12-09-2018, 10:20 PM

Considering that he finally has an OL in front of him that can pass block and a plethora of weapons he can throw to, no.

AtlantaDan
12-09-2018, 10:25 PM

He has 12 million reasons in salary and another 5 million in roster bonus to come back

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/ben-roethlisberger-3595/

I expect a contract extension past 2019 and that Ben plays 3 more seasons after this one

SteelMayhem72
12-09-2018, 10:31 PM
He has 12 million reasons in salary and another 5 million in roster bonus to come back

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/ben-roethlisberger-3595/

I expect a contract extension past 2019 and that Ben plays 3 more seasons after this oneThat's the plan, it's not like he doesn't have plenty of money. The way this season is working out it would not surprise me if he hangs it up.

fansince'76
12-09-2018, 10:41 PM
That's the plan, it's not like he doesn't have plenty of money. The way this season is working out it would not surprise me if he hangs it up.

If he was still getting beaten up every game I would say yeah (despite the money), but I think he comes back for at least one more season.

Steelerchad
12-09-2018, 10:52 PM
I got him pegged for this one +2. He may sign a new 3 year deal that he gets most of his money in the first 2 and walks after the 2020 season. If they think Mason Rudolph is the heir apparent, then 2021 would be his year to start before he becomes a free agent in 2022. 2019 is Ben's last year of his current deal and the cap hit is relatively small for a QB.

hawaiiansteeler
12-10-2018, 01:53 AM

Ben is not going to want to go out on a sour note like that...

tube517
12-10-2018, 05:28 AM
Considering that he finally has an OL in front of him that can pass block and a plethora of weapons he can throw to, no.Add to that Haley is gone and Fichtner is who he wants so I don't see Ben retiring anytime soon

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

AtlantaDan
12-10-2018, 08:59 AM
From Peter King's FMIA column this morning

Goat of the Week
The turf, Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. Steelers kicker Chris Boswell (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10118/chris-boswell) lined up for an overtime-forcing 40-yard field goal with five seconds left at Oakland. He took his normal run-up to the ball, planted his left foot … and the foot slid like it was on ice on the loose turf of the Coliseum. All’s fair in love and natural grass, but the NFL has played with fire with this surface for years, and maybe Boswell should have accounted for it, but the condition of the grass should not be a major factor in determining the outcome of an NFL game with playoff implications.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/10/miami-miracle-dolphins-bears-chiefs-mahomes-fmia-nfl-week-14-peter-king/

The turf at Heinz was a mess for years until it finally got fixed. But unlike the Pittsburgh stadium authority that has a long term tenant, since the Raiders are bailing on Oakland the municipal owners of the stadium have no incentive to fix anything.

Since they play on it most often Raiders better hope nobody blows out a knee before they escape to Vegas.

silver & black
12-10-2018, 04:29 PM
Hey guys & gals. I don't know what to say. You know you should have kicked our ass, and I know it too. I don't know what the deal is with the Steelers and playing in Oakland.

I didn't get to see the game. I've seen highlights, but that's it. I really hope this doesn't ruin your season..... the win did nothing for the Raiders except drop us another draft spot. I'm not happy about that! Winning does us no good at this point.

Anyway... keep your chin up and win the rest!

Fire Goodell
12-10-2018, 04:32 PM
Hey guys & gals. I don't know what to say. You know you should have kicked our ass, and I know it too. I don't know what the deal is with the Steelers and playing in Oakland.

I didn't get to see the game. I've seen highlights, but that's it. I really hope this doesn't ruin your season..... the win did nothing for the Raiders except drop us another draft spot. I'm not happy about that! Winning does us no good at this point.

Knowing this Steelers team, they'll win against either NE or the Saints just enough to give us hope, only to lose against the Bengals in the most head-scratching fashion and be eliminated from playoff contention. Yeah that's what it's like to be a Steeler fan.

Sorry about that #1 pick, but don't you guys have it still since the head to head game vs the 49ers? Though there still is the Cardinals :chuckle: Though you guys probably aren't going after QB since I don't think Carr is bad when he has a supporting cast.

FrancoLambert
12-10-2018, 04:40 PM
The Browns. :chuckle:

:doh:
Gulp.....I think their future is on the upswing.

silver & black
12-10-2018, 05:29 PM
Though you guys probably aren't going after QB since I don't think Carr is bad when he has a supporting cast.

Carr isn't bad, he just plays like a little girl sometimes. I was hoping to get Bosa, but it isn't looking promising.

On a good note..... Reggie is gone at the end of the season! Bruce Allen is coming back to handle the talent end of things.... at least that's the rumor.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the season.

Lady Steel
12-10-2018, 10:16 PM

Carr isn't bad, he just plays like a little girl sometimes. I was hoping to get Bosa, but it isn't looking promising.

On a good note..... Reggie is gone at the end of the season! Bruce Allen is coming back to handle the talent end of things.... at least that's the rumor.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the season.

Thanks, S&B. Congrats on your win.

AtlantaDan
12-11-2018, 08:36 AM
1072123171011211264 :coffee:

tube517
12-11-2018, 09:46 AM

Steelers can't win in Oakland. It's just become a fact. If i was a betting man, I would have easily bet for the Raiders. The last time the Steelers won at Oakland was 1995. Even the games at Pittsburgh are close.
Oakland had so many penalites that they were helping the Steelers and Pittsburgh couldn't finish.

Congrats on the win.

Lady Steel
12-11-2018, 11:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3DyvVBTmsg&feature=youtu.be

86WARD
12-11-2018, 12:56 PM
1072123171011211264 :coffee:

Who is laughing now...lol.

SteelerFan091472
12-12-2018, 09:36 PM
NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8onbzyBUOlM&feature=share

st33lersguy
12-12-2018, 09:47 PM
NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8onbzyBUOlM&feature=share

The 2 best parts of the 2018 Pittsburgh Steelers season: Days of our Steelers and Pittsburgh Dad