PDA

View Full Version : Heroes and Goats SD vs Pitt

Steeldude
12-02-2018, 10:35 PM
Heroes: Fort

Goat: Tomlin, Boswell

st33lersguy
12-02-2018, 10:36 PM
Heroes: AB, I feel bad for him, he deserves a Super Bowl and will never get one as long as Tomlin sticks around

Goats: Literally everyone else including Goodell's refs.

Rotorhead
12-02-2018, 10:37 PM
Tomlin, Danny Smith, Hunter, Boswell, Ben, 2nd half def - all goats.

Forgot the refs giving a TD to the Chargers also

86WARD
Game Balls - AB, LJ Fort, First half Defense.

Goats - Coaching, Second half Defense and most of all Special Teams. How Danny Smith has a job is beyond me. He’s fucking horrendous and there’s nothing good about him.

GoSlash27
LJ Fort at least gave us a chance to win. I'm afraid this season is sunk now :(

Going away to avoid the forum meltdown...

Shoes
12-02-2018, 10:38 PM
Heroes: AB, I feel bad for him, he deserves a Super Bowl and will never get one as long as Tomlin sticks around

Goats: Literally everyone else including Goodell's refs.

The only way for AB to get a SB ring is by going to another team because this team won't see one for a very long time.

SteelerFan091472
12-02-2018, 10:39 PM
Goats: Just about everyone tonight. Danny Smith needs to be fired immediately.

Steelerchad
12-02-2018, 10:40 PM
The refs get the game ball. They were really bad tonight.
missed calls on 2 long Charger TD's.

fansince'76
12-02-2018, 10:40 PM
Another implosion. Keep Munchak and shitcan everyone else on the coaching staff.

Neversatisfied
12-02-2018, 10:41 PM
Heroes- None
Goats- Take your pick but start with the Head Coach. Tomlin gets a pass everytime something like this happens.

BlackAndGold
12-02-2018, 10:41 PM
The team is imploding. The Ravens are one game behind the Steelers and they still got the Pats and Saints.

This isn't good folks.

Shoes
12-02-2018, 10:42 PM
Another implosion. Keep Munchak and shitcan everyone else on the coaching staff.

Agreed, and they might as well let Ben play his contract out and say goodbye to him because we can win with him either.

SteelMayhem72
12-02-2018, 10:43 PM
The team is imploding. The Ravens are one game behind the Steelers and they still got the Pats and Saints.

This isn't good folks.
Actually a half game behind

tube517

This isn't good folks.

1/2 game, not one game.

SteelMayhem72
im listening to Tomlin...same shit he says all the time

Shoes
12-02-2018, 10:45 PM
Ben has earned the right to call someone out on this weeks radio program but just found out Washington didn't play. :chuckle:

BlackAndGold
12-02-2018, 10:47 PM
Actually a half game behind

We'll if anyone thought about a home playoffs game, hold off on that thought. This ship may be sinking.

Flight to the west coast next week. Be scared everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

1/2 game, not one game.

Of course that makes it worse. What I said is still true. This isn't good.

86WARD
12-02-2018, 10:48 PM
May be sinking?

BlackAndGold
12-02-2018, 10:49 PM

Butler still keeps his job huh?

Whole defensive staff needs to be replaced.

tube517
12-02-2018, 10:52 PM
We'll if anyone thought about a home playoffs game, hold off on that thought. This ship may be sinking.

Flight to the west coast next week. Be scared everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course that makes it worse. What I said is still true. This isn't good.

Not good at all.

Ben has never won at Oakland. Talk about INTs and bad luck? He's been dreadful there.

BlackAndGold
This team is the Marino/Shula Dolphins of the 80's/90's

fansince'76

Butler still keeps his job huh?

Whole defensive staff needs to be replaced.

Yep. Seen enough of "LeBeau Lite."

Steeler-in-west
12-02-2018, 10:53 PM
Goats: Davis for turning a Haden INT into a SD TD

refs for missing that obvious false start on the ‘TD pass’

burns on the 2 point conversion giveaway and Tomlin for putting him in

can’t think of a gameball except for I guess AB

Gonna be a ‘great’ Monday at work on the west coast tomorrow: can’t wait

SteelerCountry58
12-02-2018, 10:54 PM
Thanks for starting my work week off on a pissed off wanna kill all note ya jagoffs!!

BlackAndGold
12-02-2018, 10:54 PM

It's outplayed garbage.

tube517
12-02-2018, 10:57 PM

Can't create turnovers either.

Gotta give the offense some easy ones once in a while and that hasn't happened enough.

I'm done w/LeButler.

BlackAndGold
12-02-2018, 10:58 PM
Also, cut Burns.

Just be done with it, accept your mistake and let him go.

st33lersguy
12-02-2018, 10:59 PM
At least LeBeau had past success, Butler has done nothing but embarrass himself for 3 and 3/4th years

BlackAndGold
12-02-2018, 11:02 PM
Not good at all.

Ben has never won at Oakland. Talk about INTs and bad luck? He's been dreadful there.

I'm going to make myself busy next Sunday I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Why they didn't let Haden follow Allen I'll never understand why. no one could cover him, he was taking everyone's lunch today.

Still chuckling seeing Bostic on Allen, I knew they would get a first down when I saw it.

DesertSteel
12-02-2018, 11:04 PM
They all sucked tonight except AB. It is what it is and they can get hot again. The same people saying the season is over are the same ones who were saying it at 1-2-1.

st33lersguy
12-02-2018, 11:05 PM
I'm going to make myself busy next Sunday I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Why they didn't let Haden follow Allen I'll never understand why. no one could cover him, he was taking everyone's lunch today.

Still chuckling seeing Bostic on Allen, I knew they would get a first down when I saw it.

Not as funny as Bostic leading pro bowl voting. He's pedestrian at best and can't cover shit. Not 10% the player Shazier was.

Mojouw
12-02-2018, 11:05 PM
In defense of special teams I think Cannady injury left the lane and the block in the back didn’t help either.

As always there are identifiable rationale reasons for the loss but maybe that doesn’t always matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86WARD
12-02-2018, 11:08 PM
In defense of special teams I think Cannady injury left the lane and the block in the back didn’t help either.

As always there are identifiable rationale reasons for the loss but maybe that doesn’t always matter.

A loss is a loss whether there are rationale reasons or not. Good teams over come those reasons...bad teams point out the reasons,

fansince'76
12-02-2018, 11:10 PM
At least LeBeau had past success, Butler has done nothing but embarrass himself for 3 and 3/4th years

Until Polamalu was injured (latter half of 2009) and then later in his career when he was no longer effective, anyway...

Shoes
12-02-2018, 11:11 PM
A loss is a loss whether there are rationale reasons or not. Good teams over come those reasons...bad teams point out the reasons,

Yep, and I can see the Rats taking the division. Ben can't play in Oakland then you have the Pats and Saints. Good night.

fansince'76
12-02-2018, 11:21 PM
Funny thing is, I KNEW the game was going to end up the way it did as soon as the Haden/Davis collision in the endzone happened. I even stopped watching the game on TV at that point.

Mojouw
12-02-2018, 11:35 PM
Turnover margin. And points off turnovers. Start and end of the story.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-02-2018, 11:39 PM
Turnover margin. And points off turnovers. Start and end of the story. Ben is causing them! It's like we are playing against Ben and not the teams! We hope Ben can rally late in the game to beat earlier sucky Ben!

Steeler-in-west
12-02-2018, 11:56 PM

for what it’s worth our DB play has been getting exposed since Burnett’s latest injury and our O-line play has not been the same since Gilbert went out.

Key Injuries matter.

And strangely enough I think the team is missing a deep threat like Bryant, (I don’t think he’s even on the field for Oakland)

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-03-2018, 12:38 AM
Ben is causing them! It's like we are playing against Ben and not the teams! We hope Ben can rally late in the game to beat earlier sucky Ben!

Yes, but he has earned the right to turnover the football apparently. He has also earned the right to overthrow WR's like Hunter.....wonder if he gets a mention on the Tuesday radio show.

Honestly, Butler gets goat for using LB's to cover Allen, Fichtner for abandoning the run too early again and Ben for not being able to productively handle all the passing plays that Fichtner calls for him.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
12-03-2018, 12:39 AM
Heroes- The ones that didn't watch the game
Goats- The ones that did

steelreserve
12-03-2018, 01:20 AM

Our last 6 first-round picks have been on defense, as well as three of our second-round picks in that span. Anyone who does that ought to have one of the most dominant, ass-kicking defenses in the league at this point. Yet here we are stumbling around like a stoned guy looking for his keys. (they're stuck in the couch, next to the remote.)

Eight of those nine picks have been at DB or LB, and those positions in particular are still our biggest problems.

As individual players, they mostly continue to have the same mistakes and problems that plagued them as rookies, and as a group they have little or no coordination.

All I can ask is, what in the actual fuck? How is this allowed to continue? You cannot chalk it up to merely bad luck in selecting players - it would have to be historically bad luck, like winning the reverse lottery. There is something else within the organization that simply does not work, and that is what is standing in the way of having a competent, if not excellent, defense. That really cannot be anything other than a coaching issue, whether that means Butler or the position coaches, or I suspect a bit of both. If nothing is done to address that, we are going to have the same on-field problems over and over, and our odds of winning a championship basically come down to a lucky roll of the dice.

Mojouw
12-03-2018, 01:54 AM
Defenses run on playmakers now. Steelers have none. They have a collection of cogs that can function well together but can not force mistakes to happen.

Derwin James impacted the game last night. No other defensive player for either team really did.

Bears have Hicks, Mack, and Jackson all making sacks and getting turnovers. That’s the only path to defensive success. An 11 man unit that lacks a playmaker will eventually breakdown. Even 2 seasons ago that wasn’t the case. Looking across the league it is a repeated pattern.

Unless a defense can generate turnovers and turn to one or two key guys to just do ridiculous stuff you don’t have much of anything regardless of the resources you may have thrown at it.

Steelers are finally realizing that Watt and Hargrave are part of the puzzle. Need someone to emerge on the backend to make turnovers out of pressure. It is almost completely unbelievable that a team that generates this much pass rush can not get interceptions. Davis and Edmunds have been totally incapable of taking advantage.

86WARD
12-03-2018, 05:43 AM
Heroes- The ones that didn't watch the game
Goats- The ones that did

Winner.

Dwinsgames
12-03-2018, 07:17 AM
not sure why I keep seeing Boswell as one of the goats in this stinker ... sure he missed an XP but come on do the math thats just 1 point , we lost by 3 ....

biggest goat ..... The Line Judge he essentially has 1 job and he alone was responsible for 7 Charger Points

Ben --- why is it he has 1-2 throws a game that I can see on TV the mistake before he makes it ,its not always picked off but generally is ...

Tomlin --why does he always seem to want to challenge the spot of the damn ball over a half a foot of judgement ... you almost always lose that challenge and timeouts are important late in a game like that

Fichtner ( or Ben ) whomever decided to go deep to DHB in the end zone double covered his first offensive snap of the game , he had no chance and its a risky play to a not so sure handed receiver ( stupid call )

NO HEROES in a loss at home in prime time when you are up 14 and you have not lost in over 200 games under those circumstances

Shoes
12-03-2018, 07:36 AM
not sure why I keep seeing Boswell as one of the goats in this stinker ... sure he missed an XP but come on do the math thats just 1 point , we lost by 3 ....

biggest goat ..... The Line Judge he essentially has 1 job and he alone was responsible for 7 Charger Points

Ben --- why is it he has 1-2 throws a game that I can see on TV the mistake before he makes it ,its not always picked off but generally is ...

Tomlin --why does he always seem to want to challenge the spot of the damn ball over a half a foot of judgement ... you almost always lose that challenge and timeouts are important late in a game like that

Fichtner ( or Ben ) whomever decided to go deep to DHB in the end zone double covered his first offensive snap of the game , he had no chance and its a risky play to a not so sure handed receiver ( stupid call )

NO HEROES in a loss at home in prime time when you are up 14 and you have not lost in over 200 games under those circumstances

That was a real head-scratcher.

DesertSteel
12-03-2018, 07:42 AM
16. 23-7.

Dwinsgames
12-03-2018, 08:09 AM
I forgot Butter , he doesn't get out of this one without a plate full of crow ...

Dwinsgames
12-03-2018, 10:20 AM

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-03-2018, 10:45 AM
I forgot Butter , he doesn't get out of this one without a plate full of crow ...

Yeah, the best was when they needed a 3rd down stop at the end of the game they put Bostic on Allen and he wasn't within 5 yards of him for the converting reception.

Seriously, no Sutton, Allen, Watt or even Dangerfield to match up in the slot on Allen, but Jon Bostic??

Steeldude
12-04-2018, 09:45 AM
That was a real head-scratcher.

All part of the throw it up and hope for a splash play offense.