PDA

View Full Version : Comeback Ben!

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-26-2018, 12:58 AM
Is mostly guaranteed for a INT. We All see it coming before the play is called!

11-26-2018, 01:31 AM
Jags game he pretty much was causing the loss, so had to win that one!

- - - Updated - - -

That said he played a great game today! Just chokes at clutch time!

11-26-2018, 02:06 AM
When a comeback is needed Ben is 8 times more likely to throw a INT. I miss the Old Ben when the game is on the line and we say to ourselves we got this. Now we all know he we throw a INT to lose it!

vasteeler
11-26-2018, 06:13 AM
Just stop:doh2:

smokin3000gt
11-26-2018, 10:12 AM
You avatar gives me eye cancer

Fire Goodell
11-26-2018, 10:35 AM
You're more likely to throw an INT when you have to throw the ball more
https://secureimg.stitcher.com/feedimageswide/480x270_14342.jpg

DesertSteel
11-26-2018, 11:04 AM
I buy three extra Ben jerseys every season so I can have them to burn after the three annual Bad Ben games.

Normal season:
11 good to great games
2 games injured/out
3 games where he sucks or plays stupid.

Item 1 is why he's going to the HOF. Item 3 is why he's not an all-time great (top 10).

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-26-2018, 11:14 AM
I buy three extra Ben jerseys every season so I can have them to burn after the three annual Bad Ben games.

Normal season:
11 good to great games
2 games injured/out

Item 1 is why he's going to the HOF. Item 3 is why he's not an all-time great (top 10).

Wow! Never thought of it this way, but you are absolutely correct.

So far I count the last 2 weeks where he threw 5 INT in 2 games (and many other near INT's) as the sucks or stupid games he has played, so maybe we are in line for one more this season?

Fire Goodell
11-26-2018, 11:19 AM

Normal season:
11 good to great games
2 games injured/out

Happens to a lot of QBs. I remember a lot of games where Peyton Manning / Favre / Rodgers threw 3-4 pick games and looked downright bad.

fansince'76
11-26-2018, 11:33 AM

Normal season:
11 good to great games
2 games injured/out

Yet Mr. Discount Double Check somehow is... :noidea:

DesertSteel
11-26-2018, 11:53 AM
Yet Mr. Discount Double Check somehow is... :noidea:
Rodgers is clearly not the best QB this year. Watching him last night revealed that.

fansince'76
11-26-2018, 11:55 AM
Rodgers is clearly not the best QB this year. Watching him last night revealed that.

I've said that for the last several years. But I've noticed that the sports media tends to make excuses for him that aren't made for Roethlisberger.

Fire Goodell
11-26-2018, 11:56 AM
I've said that for the last several years. But I've noticed that the sports media tends to make excuses for him that aren't made for Roethlisberger.

Well he does throw a pretty spiral that makes people go oooh and ahhh :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-26-2018, 12:12 PM

Sure, but a 20TD to 1INT ratio this season is pretty good.

All time, Rodgers TD:INT ratio is 4-1, while Ben is 2-1. So over the course of their careers, Ben throws Twice as many INT's per TD than Rodgers does. That definitely shows that somebody makes a lot more accurate throws and takes care of the football better than the other.

fansince'76
11-26-2018, 12:16 PM
Sure, but a 20TD to 1INT ratio this season is pretty good.

All time, Rodgers TD:INT ratio is 4-1, while Ben is 2-1. So over the course of their careers, Ben throws Twice as many INT's per TD than Rodgers does. That definitely shows that somebody makes a lot more accurate throws and takes care of the football better than the other.

Hasn't translated to more wins and SBs, though.

Lady Steel
11-26-2018, 12:28 PM
Is mostly guaranteed for a INT. We All see it coming before the play is called!

Jags game he pretty much was causing the loss, so had to win that one!

- - - Updated - - -

That said he played a great game today! Just chokes at clutch time!

When a comeback is needed Ben is 8 times more likely to throw a INT. I miss the Old Ben when the game is on the line and we say to ourselves we got this. Now we all know he we throw a INT to lose it!

It's time to put down the bottle. :giggles:

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-26-2018, 12:28 PM

So are you saying that wins and super bowls are equated to only the QB?

I am saying that Ben throws INT's at a rate double that of Rodgers and I think we can all understand the value of winning the turnover battle in an NFL game. So if your QB makes a lot more mistakes than others over the course of their career, I would tend to say that you could rank one as better than the other. The amount of Super Bowl wins could also be attributed to 52 other guys on the roster and coaches, not just perceived media/fan bias.

Neversatisfied
11-26-2018, 12:43 PM
Ben Roethlisberger has thrown more redzone Interceptions than anyone else in the nfl and that is concerning. Ben is hard to watch even if it turns out in the Steelers favor, he holds the ball forever, he makes throws into double coverage that has most fans puckered up and he has far too many INTs for this late in his career. We take the good with the bad but yesterday's game ending interception was inexcusable for a QB with as much NFL experience.

st33lersguy
11-26-2018, 12:59 PM
Aaron Rodgers is an all-time great. Look at his, then look at him play, one of the most gifted QBs to ever play the game

fansince'76
11-26-2018, 01:44 PM
So are you saying that wins and super bowls are equated to only the QB?

No, but that is the benchmark for QBs that has been ascribed by all the talking heads.

I'm also tired of the "Ben sucks" narrative after every frigging loss. Of course, now AB is evidently in decline too. :rolleyes:

ALLD
11-26-2018, 01:55 PM
The NFL has changed and most of the old dogs are just running out the clock. In 10 years you won't recognize the game or the players. You may not even watch it anymore.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-26-2018, 01:56 PM
No, but that is the benchmark for QBs that has been ascribed by all the talking heads.

I'm also tired of the "Ben sucks" narrative after every frigging loss. Of course, now AB is evidently in decline too. :rolleyes:

Meh, talking heads now consists of a lot of keyboard warriors with zero perspective on the game, fantasy football geeks and liars that need a hot take for each days show.

I, as a long time Steeler fan, but even more of a football fan will assert that Aaron Rodgers has been a better QB over his career than Ben. I agree with you that the keyboard warriors that try and say that a Hall of Fame player, "sucks" or "he was overrated" are laughable. Ben is gonna get one of those ugly yellow jackets someday, but he makes a lot of mistakes by taking a lot of risks and you have to own them, which he does quite honestly.

DesertSteel
11-26-2018, 02:00 PM

Some of us are able to rationally discuss a player having a bad game.

cubanstogie
11-26-2018, 02:15 PM
When you throw over 50 times a game you going to get pics. Law of averages. It took a lot of crap to go wrong yesterday yet they still had a chance to send to OT. The fact that coaching staff abandoned run or actually never established run in second half was shocking. It was as if they were trying to outsmart Broncos. They need to learn by this loss , Ben is great QB but if he has to throw 50 times were screwed. I get sometimes games dictate it, such as Chiefs when they got behind. Yesterday the game never got more than a one score lead. There was no need to not try and establish run. Especially in Denver you know guys are going to be drained in the 4th quarter.

fansince'76
11-26-2018, 02:27 PM

Would that include the OP of this thread? :chuckle:

DesertSteel
11-26-2018, 02:28 PM
Would that include the OP of this thread? :chuckle:
To be honest, I can even understand the point being made in the OP.

11-26-2018, 05:03 PM

Normal season:
11 good to great games
2 games injured/out

Item 1 is why he's going to the HOF. Item 3 is why he's not an all-time great (top 10). That is a great idea but could be expensive. I will have to get the Chinese knock offs for next season.

- - - Updated - - -

It's time to put down the bottle. :giggles: They were cans!!!!!!!!

HollywoodSteel
11-26-2018, 06:12 PM
A-Rod is in fact an objectively better QB than Ben. I love Ben, and have marveled at him at times. He’s certainly exciting to watch.

But c’mon, Rodgers with THIS Steelers offense around him would be scoring 50 points a game, EVERY GAME. We’d better than the Chiefs, Rams, and Saints. I hate that Ben isn’t good enough to do that, but it’s obviously the case.

Mojouw
11-26-2018, 06:20 PM
A-Rod is in fact an objectively better QB than Ben. I love Ben, and have marveled at him at times. He’s certainly exciting to watch.

But c’mon, Rodgers with THIS Steelers offense around him would be scoring 50 points a game, EVERY GAME. We’d better than the Chiefs, Rams, and Saints. I hate that Ben isn’t good enough to do that, but it’s obviously the case.

Brady is on record as saying that if Rogers was in the Pats system he would drop 700 yards every game.

Rogers is the most gifted guy the league has seen in awhile.

Fire Goodell
11-26-2018, 07:23 PM
Brady is on record as saying that if Rogers was in the Pats system he would drop 700 yards every game.

So if Rodgers was a cheater, then he'd win more. Got it #PatriotWay*****

st33lersguy
11-26-2018, 07:54 PM

He'd probably also have 4 Super Bowls at least by now under Bellichick

Mojouw
11-26-2018, 08:10 PM
He'd probably also have 4 Super Bowls at least by now under Bellichick

I don't know. But I do know that Rogers is consistently the player that other players are in awe of. Kinda figure that if the guys that annually make Pro Bowls and All Pro teams figure a dude is just shake your head in disbelief good, that's gotta count for something.

86WARD
11-27-2018, 08:29 AM

Outside of Rodgers, Jones and Adams, the rest of the team is hot garbage including the coaching staff.

86WARD
11-27-2018, 08:31 AM

And AB is always sulking...don’t forget that...

Craic
11-27-2018, 08:27 PM
Meh, talking heads now consists of a lot of keyboard warriors with zero perspective on the game, fantasy football geeks and liars that need a hot take for each days show.

I, as a long time Steeler fan, but even more of a football fan will assert that Aaron Rodgers has been a better QB over his career than Ben. I agree with you that the keyboard warriors that try and say that a Hall of Fame player, "sucks" or "he was overrated" are laughable. Ben is gonna get one of those ugly yellow jackets someday, but he makes a lot of mistakes by taking a lot of risks and you have to own them, which he does quite honestly.

We disagree at times, but this is absolutely correct.

Even now, I'd put Ben as probably the four or fifth best QB on the field, and he's been that consistently throughout his career. Sometimes he moves up to third or so, sometimes he might drop back to sixth or seventh. However, over the period of a season, he consistently puts his team in a position to win games and go to the playoffs. Moreover, although it is not as true now as it was ten years ago, whenever Ben has the ball in his hands and just a little bit of time left on the clock, this team has a chance to win.

86WARD
11-27-2018, 08:56 PM
We disagree at times, but this is absolutely correct.

Even now, I'd put Ben as probably the four or fifth best QB on the field, and he's been that consistently throughout his career. Sometimes he moves up to third or so, sometimes he might drop back to sixth or seventh. However, over the period of a season, he consistently puts his team in a position to win games and go to the playoffs. Moreover, although it is not as true now as it was ten years ago, whenever Ben has the ball in his hands and just a little bit of time left on the clock, this team has a chance to win.

This!!!

teegre
11-27-2018, 10:01 PM
There are certain times and certain things that Ben does better than any other QB that I've ever seen.

Ben's two-minute drill is up there with all of the great ones. (In Super Bowl XLV, if AB was playing instead of Randle El, Ben drives down and wins the game like he did in the game against Green Bay the season prior.)

Ben escapes the pass-rush better than any QB that I have ever seen. A story. A rookie OLB for the Ravens was yapping about sacking Big Ben. Terrell Suggs told the rookie: "You haven't played against Ben yet." The rookie was like, "Pffft!!!" The game was played, and the rookie had a free shot at Big Ben... and Ben stiff-armed the kid into the ground. After the play, the rookie looked stupefied, and Suggs helped him up as he said, "Now... you have played against Ben."

Istina
11-27-2018, 10:30 PM
I'll take Ben, the ball, trailing by a score and a little time on the clock all day, 41 come from behind victories, 31 in the 4th quarter, I believe. He's been successful more often than not.

steel striker
11-29-2018, 11:13 AM
Look when you throw the ball on the one yard line it happens you see one of the best WR open for a sec you think you get the ball too him.

pczach
11-30-2018, 09:42 PM

I guess the disconnect is when people watch the same game and see different things.

He should have had a touchdown pass that Grimble fumbled away.

He should have had another TD or big gain if Washington simply ran under the ball and extended his arms fully.

McDonald dropped another TD pass.

A field goal attempt was blocked.

Conner fumbled on another drive that would have lead to points.

AB stepped out of bounds on a perfectly thrown ball to the sideline. A play any NFL receiver should make easily, and one that AB makes 99 times out of 100....but that was the one.

On the first interception, AB was hooked and held by a defender as Ben let the ball go and should have definitely been defensive pass interference or holding.....but no, Ben just sucks.

On the interception at the end of the game, the bad snap destroyed the play. Ben should have just eaten the ball or thrown it out of the back of the end zone. That's where he made the big mistake. The snap sabotaged the play, but Ben takes all the heat. That's the job. I get that. But listening to people say he had a shitty game are just flat out wrong. Ben played well enough for the team to win by three touchdowns if others didn't make huge mistakes....but they did.

That's what is so frustrating when listening to people here critique Ben's play.

Drew Brees just put up a whopping 10 points against the Cowboys, and 7 of them came on a long pass play where there was blatant offensive pass interference that wasn't called. he was 18 of 28 for 127 yards. It was his second consecutive game throwing for less than 200 yards and his third game doing that this season. Ben played infinitely better than Drew Brees did, but if Ben did that....the internet would break with all the stupid commentary from Steeler fans.

The bottom line here is that there is nothing rational about saying Ben Roethlisberger was terrible in this game if you watch and see anything about the game besides Ben and the results of plays that people think they see and understand. If everybody knew the game of football and were able to objectively watch and understand many of the other things going on in the game, there wouldn't be so many comments bashing him.

Has he had shitty games? Of course...but this wasn't one of them.

86WARD
11-30-2018, 09:51 PM
I guess the disconnect is when people watch the same game and see different things.

He should have had a touchdown pass that Grimble fumbled away.

He should have had another TD or big gain if Washington simply ran under the ball and extended his arms fully.

McDonald dropped another TD pass.

A field goal attempt was blocked.

Conner fumbled on another drive that would have lead to points.

AB stepped out of bounds on a perfectly thrown ball to the sideline. A play any NFL receiver should make easily, and one that AB makes 99 times out of 100....but that was the one.

On the first interception, AB was hooked and held by a defender as Ben let the ball go and should have definitely been defensive pass interference or holding.....but no, Ben just sucks.

On the interception at the end of the game, the bad snap destroyed the play. Ben should have just eaten the ball or thrown it out of the back of the end zone. That's where he made the big mistake. The snap sabotaged the play, but Ben takes all the heat. That's the job. I get that. But listening to people say he had a shitty game are just flat out wrong. Ben played well enough for the team to win by three touchdowns if others didn't make huge mistakes....but they did.

That's what is so frustrating when listening to people here critique Ben's play.

Drew Brees just put up a whopping 10 points against the Cowboys, and 7 of them came on a long pass play where there was blatant offensive pass interference that wasn't called. he was 18 of 28 for 127 yards. It was his second consecutive game throwing for less than 200 yards and his third game doing that this season. Ben played infinitely better than Drew Brees did, but if Ben did that....the internet would break with all the stupid commentary from Steeler fans.

The bottom line here is that there is nothing rational about saying Ben Roethlisberger was terrible in this game if you watch and see anything about the game besides Ben and the results of plays that people think they see and understand. If everybody knew the game of football and were able to objectively watch and understand many of the other things going on in the game, there wouldn't be so many comments bashing him.

Has he had shitty games? Of course...but this wasn't one of them.

That’s all great...but he shouldn’t talk about receivers routes in public...lol.

Shoes
12-01-2018, 02:30 PM
I don't recall anyone blaming Ben for McDonalds Drop, Grimble's stupid play, Washingtons dive, etc. My beef with Ben is, keep the details private and if your going to call someone out publicly there is more to pick on than a green rookie.