PDA

View Full Version : HBO 24/7------- Road to the Winter Classic

venom
09-23-2010, 10:43 AM
HBO will have its 24/7 following the Caps/Pens towards the Winter Classic .

Read article-- > http://puckthemedia.wordpress.com/2010/09/23/247-penguinscapitals-road-to-the-winter-classic-premieres-december-15th-writer-apologizes-for-short-sighted-initial-reaction/

X-Terminator
09-23-2010, 02:10 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but I don't like this idea one bit. It's too much of a distraction for a team trying to win a Stanley Cup. Not only that, I have never been a fan of how much the league hypes Crosby and Ovechkin to the exclusion of just about every other great player in the league. How about spreading the wealth around a bit?

venom
09-23-2010, 02:29 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but I don't like this idea one bit. It's too much of a distraction for a team trying to win a Stanley Cup. Not only that, I have never been a fan of how much the league hypes Crosby and Ovechkin to the exclusion of just about every other great player in the league. How about spreading the wealth around a bit?

How about spreading the wealth around a bit???? Watch your mouth , this is not a political thread !!!!! lol

venom
12-12-2010, 08:01 AM
On Wednesday, HBO debuts "24/7 Penguins/Capitals: Road to the NHL Winter Classic." With the NHL contracts ending at seasons end with VS and NBC , Bettman is praying that the ratings are big for the program and the game itself or he may be looking for a new home for the NHL .

Count Steeler
12-12-2010, 08:18 AM
I hope Bettman finally gets axed as the Commish. He is an idiot, when it comes to hockey sense.

The novelty of an outdoor game is wearing off for me as well. The game is secondary to the event. Also, in this case, I hope Heinz field can take the beating from this spectacle.

steelpride12
12-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Not a big fan of this series just for one single game, but Ill still try and watch and enjoy it.

DaRealGage
12-12-2010, 09:59 AM
I love the idea of some outdoor hockey....Can't wait!

vader29
12-12-2010, 10:01 AM
On Wednesday, HBO debuts "24/7 Penguins/Capitals: Road to the NHL Winter Classic." With the NHL contracts ending at seasons end with VS and NBC , Bettman is praying that the ratings are big for the program and the game itself or he may be looking for a new home for the NHL .

PLEASE cut ties with Versus and go back to ESPN!

section514
12-13-2010, 08:14 PM
VS is the worse programming for hockey, similar to FSN for football (you can't tell the difference between a college football game or a high school game)

The NHL wouldn't compete with the NBA for games on ESPN.

NBC does a pretty good job on their sunday games. They need to start a Wednesday night hockey game per week on NBC.

FOX could easily have hockey during weekdays.

Has anyone heard if the HBO special will be on DVD?

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-18-2010, 12:29 AM
The pens are playing the first HBO episode on their website

http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1140&navid=DL|PIT|home

Ladies I would like to point something out to you all when the slidebar rolls to 18.32 Cookie is walking into the locker room to shave his mustache off in the background you can see from the side the naked butt of who I think is Max Talbot. ooooo baby Talbo