PDA

View Full Version : Game ball @ Jagoffs

GoSlash27
11-18-2018, 03:17 PM
Ugliest win ever. My game ball goes to lil' JuJu. He took some hard hits to get us this win.

86WARD
11-18-2018, 03:19 PM
Game Balls - Second Half Team except Conner; Emphasis on Ben. Hargrave gets two for being the only player to play 60 minutes.

Goats - First Half Team Emphasis on Ben. Conner as a whole. Worst game of his career. Head was nowhere near the game.

Shoes
11-18-2018, 03:23 PM
Defense, late in the 4th JuJu, Brown, McDonald, Switzer & Ben

st33lersguy
Game Balls: 2nd half offense especially Ben, defense especially Cam, TJ, Hilton, and Hargrave

Goats: 1st half offense especially Ben, also Jalen Ramsey for being a classless punk, I hate that loudmouth

Hawkman
Game ball-defense 6 sacks, 7 TFLs, 2 ff

polamalubeast
Maybe it's a lucky win but I'm going to take it

I rarely saw the steelers be dominate like that for 55 minutes and win the game....I mean, before AB's TD, Roethlisberger's stats were historically bad!

BlackAndGold
Can you sue a team for causing future potential health issues?

Asking for a friend.

Rotorhead
11-18-2018, 03:27 PM
Goats - Ben and Offense

Ball - Defense all the way

polamalubeast
11-18-2018, 03:28 PM
I'm also happy that the steelers will not face the Jaguars before 2020...

Lady Steel
Defense, late in the 4th JuJu, Brown, McDonald, Switzer & Ben

What Mr. Shoes said.

I'm just so happy to get this win.

Shoes
I'm also happy that the steelers will not face the Jaguars before 2020...

:chuckle:

pczach
Maybe it's a lucky win but I'm going to take it

I rarely saw the steelers be dominate like that for 55 minutes and win the game....I mean, before AB's TD, Roethlisberger's stats were historically bad!

That's why games are 60 minutes long. This is a GREAT team win.

Jacksonville gave them their best shot....and they found a way to overcome it and win.

15-1-1 in their last 17 road games. :hatsoff:

EzraTank
11-18-2018, 03:48 PM
DEFENSE (I can't believe I just typed that).

If not for them there's no way Ben's mistakes aren't a 35-0 lead.

86WARD
11-18-2018, 03:51 PM
I’m really disappointed in Conners performance today. It was really piss poor all the way around.

EzraTank
11-18-2018, 03:52 PM
I’m really disappointed in Conners performance today. It was really piss poor all the way around.He cost me 8 points on that horrific drop!

pczach
11-18-2018, 03:53 PM
I’m really disappointed in Conners performance today. It was really piss poor all the way around.

He'll learn from it and won't make the same mistakes going forward. He saw his entire team pick him up, and they have his back.

86WARD
11-18-2018, 03:55 PM
He'll learn from it and won't make the same mistakes going forward. He saw his entire team pick him up, and they have his back.

Let’s hope...

polamalubeast
11-18-2018, 03:57 PM
The steelers had only 22 minutes of time of possession....The Jaguars run the ball 43 times,the steelers was -3 in turnovers ratio,but the steelers still win the game!!!

Born2Steel
11-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Patience and knowing when. The defense played well. We knew they would run that zone rush/dink and dunk crap that we always stumble over. 16 points is not enough to take down this group. Game balls to the entire defense for keeping us in this. Game ball to Ben for being Ben and putting this game on his shoulders. Game ball to the coaches for a smart patient gameplan. It paid off today. Most satisfying win in a long time.

cold-hard-steel
11-18-2018, 04:04 PM
Thanx a lot guys for giving all the damn game balls out.Now there's none left.:mad:

polamalubeast
11-18-2018, 04:21 PM

Steelerchad
11-18-2018, 04:26 PM
forget the other stuff. When a team loses the turnover battle by -2 or more, they lose 98% of the time in the NFL.

Hawkman
11-18-2018, 04:29 PM
forget the other stuff. When a team loses the turnover battle by -2 or more, they lose 98% of the time in the NFL.

Nice to be part of that 2% today.:thumbsup:

polamalubeast
11-18-2018, 04:30 PM

GoSlash27
11-18-2018, 04:31 PM
Nice to be part of that 2% today.:thumbsup:
Werd. We did not deserve to win this game today, but we did anyway. I'll take it.

Steeldude
11-18-2018, 04:52 PM
Heroes: 2nd half defense, 2nd half BR, Schuster, Hargrave

Goats: 1st half everything

polamalubeast
11-18-2018, 04:53 PM

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-18-2018, 04:55 PM

Why disappointed with Conner? He was only given the football for 9 rushing attempts. I am disappointed that the Steelers never tried to establish the run game.

I would rather backup OT Matt Feiler run block against one of the best pass rushers in the NFL instead of getting abused in pass protection most of the game.

Dwinsgames
11-18-2018, 04:57 PM
My Game ball goes to the Jaguars for being so predictable in the second half they could not have served up the win to us any better if they placed it on a silver platter ....

I place as much or more emphasis on that as what the Steelers did to capitalize

86WARD
11-18-2018, 05:09 PM
Why disappointed with Conner? He was only given the football for 9 rushing attempts. I am disappointed that the Steelers never tried to establish the run game.

I would rather backup OT Matt Feiler run block against one of the best pass rushers in the NFL instead of getting abused in pass protection most of the game.

He wasn’t decisive where he wanted to run at all. It wasn’t patience either it looked like confusion. He dropped several passes, wasn’t paying attention on routes and then dropped what could’ve been the game winning TD. It was a bad effort by him today.

polamalubeast
11-18-2018, 05:18 PM

BlackAndGold
11-18-2018, 05:28 PM

I was on another forum(HFboards(Hockey Future), so many stupid Pittsburgh fans there) during the game and there was a legit fan saying this exact thing. Also blaming Tomlin for Ben's struggle.

Lady Steel
11-18-2018, 05:28 PM

Some people will never learn. You don't take Ben Roethlisberger out of the equation.

BlackAndGold
11-18-2018, 05:29 PM
Some people will never learn. You don't take Ben Roethlisberger out of the equation.

Lets bench a future Hall of Famer for a back up, that will do it!!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-18-2018, 05:38 PM
He wasn’t decisive where he wanted to run at all. It wasn’t patience either it looked like confusion. He dropped several passes, wasn’t paying attention on routes and then dropped what could’ve been the game winning TD. It was a bad effort by him today.

The dropped pass was huge. The dropped one on the sideline on 4th down was a weak throw and challenged by Ramsey, so I don't fault him there. He wasn't given the opportunity to run the ball much and no attempt was made to establish the run. That falls on the OC for getting away from your strength, early and often in the game.

Game ball :Ben-O line and JuJu. Goat: Fichtner and the Defensive line for majority of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Lets bench a future Hall of Famer for a back up, that will do it!!!

Yup, they selectively don't remember the decade of come from behind wins, or Dobbs looking crappy against Carolina...all they remember is one completion in double-coverage when Eric Weddle had his back turned.

polamalubeast
11-18-2018, 05:42 PM
The dropped pass was huge. The dropped one on the sideline on 4th down was a weak throw and challenged by Ramsey, so I don't fault him there. He wasn't given the opportunity to run the ball much and no attempt was made to establish the run. That falls on the OC for getting away from your strength, early and often in the game.

Game ball :Ben-O line and JuJu. Goat: Fichtner and the Defensive line for majority of the game.

The steelers had very little play in the first half ... I mean, in the first 25 minutes, the steelers had only 11 offensive play, so you can not blame Fitchner for the lack of running play, since the steelers have so had very little play.

In the second half, the steelers were behind, so no choice to abandon the running game when the steelers were behind 16-0 or 16-6.

lipps83
11-18-2018, 06:45 PM
Maybe Ben should try to beat Ramsey again.... That should get this team motivated.

Not to be one to toot my own horn, but I posted that in the Game Day thread about a minute before they beat Ramsey for the 78 yard TD. Then, the smackdown proceeded and the Steelers were ultimately victorious. Despite my sarcastic post, I am sure Ben got word of it and THAT POST was his motivation to lead the Steelers to victory.

Now, I am not going to take complete credit for the victory or give myself a gameball, however a little bit of credit is due my way.

You are welcome for the win today and I am glad to have helped.

Butch
11-18-2018, 06:47 PM

Yes a guy at the bar was talking about how they should put in Dobbs and I came over and told him he didn't know what he was talking about. He told me how press in Pittsburgh hates Ben. Again I laughed. I asked him if he knew how long it took us to replace Bradshaw and he said about 6 seconds. He didn't have a clue. Guy sitting next to me laughed and said I know exactly what you mean he's clueless. We laughed and toasted and sat back watching Ben take over late in the game.

SteelMember
11-18-2018, 06:49 PM
Juju

Butch
11-18-2018, 06:51 PM
Ben was not good until late in the 3rd quarter. The pic from the 9 yard line was gut wrenching. The dive into the Endzone was gut wrenching for the other team. LOL Game ball yeah I guess, but that win was definitely with the D giving us a chance to even be in it. They were far from perfect but keeping them out of the endzone early was crucial.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you sue a team for causing future potential health issues?

Asking for a friend.

LOL AMEN I am right there with ya' brother

BlackAndGold
11-18-2018, 07:11 PM
LOL AMEN I am right there with ya' brother

I shouldn't have to worry about my long term health during a Steelers game :lol:

vasteeler
11-18-2018, 07:13 PM
Game ball. 4th quarter Ben

Goat. First 3 quarters Ben and people in the game day thread calling to put Dobbs in:doh2:

Butch
11-18-2018, 07:17 PM
I shouldn't have to worry about my long term health during a Steelers game :lol:
Defibrillator by my side and cardiologist on speed dial. Welcome to my world of being a life long Steeler fan. LOL

polamalubeast
11-18-2018, 07:23 PM
Other thing....

Am I the only one to think that the trash talking of the Jaguars were pathetic?....I mean, when you're 3-6 or 4-6 with a win, you shut up!

I could understand their arrogance if the Jags were 6-3 or better, but at 3-6, now 3-7?

BlackAndGold
11-18-2018, 07:24 PM
Tomlin after the game noted that Chickillo hurt his ankle late in the game. With the team having just 3 OLB's on the roster he may be placed on IR if it's a 2-3 week injury. Either Keion Adams or Ola could take his spot.

polamalubeast
11-18-2018, 07:31 PM

- - - Updated - - -

AtlantaDan
11-18-2018, 07:32 PM
Juju

This

Time for Ben to address JuJu is 1A and not the #2 receiver, if only because what the defenses are giving

Forcing the ball to AB was costly today

BlackAndGold
11-18-2018, 07:39 PM

I hate night games. I need sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

This

Time for Ben to address JuJu is 1A and not the #2 receiver, if only because what the defenses are giving

Forcing the ball to AB was costly today

It was costly but the first interception AB was wide open, Ben just under threw it. Would've gone for a huge gain or better yet a touchdown.

Shoes
11-18-2018, 07:50 PM
Tomlin after the game noted that Chickillo hurt his ankle late in the game. With the team having just 3 OLB's on the roster he may be placed on IR if it's a 2-3 week injury. Either Keion Adams or Ola could take his spot.

Ola,Ola

BlackAndGold
11-18-2018, 08:01 PM

Of course they could just cut someone like Justin Hunter to make room for another OLB. More likely I'll assume.

pczach
11-18-2018, 08:04 PM
Other thing....

Am I the only one to think that the trash talking of the Jaguars were pathetic?....I mean, when you're 3-6 or 4-6 with a win, you shut up!

I could understand their arrogance if the Jags were 6-3 or better, but at 3-6, now 3-7?

It's who they are. Nearly the entire team talks all game. I have grown to hate the Jags with the way they are always running their mouths.

Ramsey is an unbelievable player, but I cannot stand all the talk. The things he says off the field in interviews is pathetic and completely lacking class IMO. Showing others respect doesn't diminish anything he does personally.

With that said, he would look great opposite Haden! :grin:

Steeler-in-west
11-18-2018, 08:04 PM
Gameball:
Ben and AB for fighting back after a tough first half,
defense as a whole for keeping the Steelers in the game
jags for sitting Landry Jones: I think he would’ve been a tougher matchup for us than Bortles

goats: Conner for dropping that sure TD, have to catch the ball before looking upfield

Butch
11-18-2018, 08:13 PM
Conner's drop was a blessing it didn't allow them any time when Ben ultimately scored the game winner

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-18-2018, 08:41 PM
The steelers had very little play in the first half ... I mean, in the first 25 minutes, the steelers had only 11 offensive play, so you can not blame Fitchner for the lack of running play, since the steelers have so had very little play.

In the second half, the steelers were behind, so no choice to abandon the running game when the steelers were behind 16-0 or 16-6.

Maybe if Fichtner decided to run the football, then the Steelers would have had sustained drives in the first half. On drives the first half, Conner was only handed off the ball one time on each drive, except for the 2nd offensive possession where he had 2 rushes for 11 yards. And the 2 drives that resulted in INT he wasn't handed the ball once.

I would suggest that if you have 7 offensive possessions in the first half of the game and you only give the ball to James Conner 5 times in those 7 possessions......that you haven't even started to commit to the run game. Maybe the gameplan was to not give the ball to one of the leading rushers in the NFL?? It sure looked that way.

Craic
11-18-2018, 09:10 PM
Game Ball:
Defense. The didn't allow a TD until the second half and only allowed, what, one trip into the redzone? Unreal.
Ben for keeping a level head and engineering a comeback.
JuJu for stepping up when needed.
Coaches for putting together a great scheme for the defense that kept the game winnable.

Goat:
Ben. It wasn't even a tail of two halves, but a tale of three quarters and one. We're going to need a better effort than that come December and January (unless, of course, he is able to pull it out in the fourth quarter time after time).
Conner had a bad game. Meh, it happens. Don't forget he was in concussion protocol last week. I'll give him a pass.
Whoever flexed this game to Sunday morning. What a stupid move in hindsight.

EDIT: Game ball: Jags mascot.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsUNy-0WwAI2VaR.jpg:large

Yep. That's the Terrible Towel he's stomping on. Half way through the fourth quarter. Someone should have told him what happens when you stomp on the Terrible Towel.

Steeler-in-west
11-18-2018, 09:19 PM
Conner's drop was a blessing it didn't allow them any time when Ben ultimately scored the game winner

with Bortles I don’t think it would’ve mattered

Born2Steel
11-18-2018, 10:55 PM
Texting with my dad today. In the 4th I texted my dad,"I can't believe Ben threw 3 INTs and is still going to win this game". My dad texted back, "Are you high right now?". We were down 16-6 btw. I texted back,"Be patient".

I just had that feeling about Ben today. He proved me and brought us back from defeat.

Hawkman
11-18-2018, 11:00 PM
Honorable mention to Berry, he had a great game averaging 51 yards on 6 punts, with a long of 63. Probably one of his best games.

j-d-s
11-18-2018, 11:17 PM
My Game Ball goes to the Jaguars Coaches for the single worst playcalling in the second half that I have ever seen.

Our D played well, especially that they only conceded one TD despite all those turnovers, TJ and Hargrave are the best here.

But our Offense did not really play that good, we really got lucky when one Interception was nullified by one of those stupid roughing the passer penalties, and later when on the final drive an interception in the endzone was nullified by a holding penalty.

In conclusion, we should have lost this game by any standard. But I'll take any win, even if it is like the Cheats who also usually win when they play really bad.

Fire Goodell
11-18-2018, 11:21 PM
Play of the game: B. Roethlisberger pass intended for J. Ramsey, INTERCEPTED by A. Brown, returned for 78 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Shoes
11-18-2018, 11:22 PM
Play of the game: B. Roethlisberger pass intended for J. Ramsey, INTERCEPTED by A. Brown, returned for 78 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

:lol:

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-18-2018, 11:25 PM
Game ball to the Refs and for some reason, they like us the last two weeks!

teegre
11-18-2018, 11:28 PM
Our D played well, especially that they only conceded one TD despite all those turnovers, TJ and Hargrave are the best here.

But our Offense did not really play that good, we really got lucky when one Interception was nullified by one of those stupid roughing the passer penalties, and later when on the final drive an interception in the endzone was nullified by a holding penalty.

Yep and yep. Those two players were amazing.

The first INT that you mention was actually nullified, but the Jags intercepted the bell in the end-zone a few plays later. (It’s a wash.) The second INT that you mention was Ryan Switzer getting his helmet almost ripped off... not exactly a bogus call. :noidea:

DesertSteel
11-18-2018, 11:42 PM
Goat: Ben
Hero: Ben

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly! Conner needs carries to make an impact. We learned that in the early season losses. The only goat-like play by Conners was the dropped pass at the end, and that happens to the best of them.

polamalubeast
11-19-2018, 12:06 AM
Maybe if Fichtner decided to run the football, then the Steelers would have had sustained drives in the first half. On drives the first half, Conner was only handed off the ball one time on each drive, except for the 2nd offensive possession where he had 2 rushes for 11 yards. And the 2 drives that resulted in INT he wasn't handed the ball once.

I would suggest that if you have 7 offensive possessions in the first half of the game and you only give the ball to James Conner 5 times in those 7 possessions......that you haven't even started to commit to the run game. Maybe the gameplan was to not give the ball to one of the leading rushers in the NFL?? It sure looked that way.

We need to see, the down, the distance and the situation.

3 of his drives were inside of the 4 minutes and the biggest problem is that the steelers could not convert in 3rd down which limits a lot the run play that can be called.

cold-hard-steel
11-19-2018, 06:46 AM
Glad we crushed out those"cigs"!

polamalubeast
11-19-2018, 06:57 AM

cold-hard-steel
11-19-2018, 07:01 AM
Yep and yep. Those two players were amazing.

The first INT that you mention was actually nullified, but the Jags intercepted the bell in the end-zone a few plays later. (It’s a wash.) The second INT that you mention was Ryan Switzer getting his helmet almost ripped off... not exactly a bogus call. :noidea:

Yeah and the way it looks to me is,if he doesn't rip his head back like that it in all probability would have been a touchdown.

86WARD
11-19-2018, 08:26 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, they selectively don't remember the decade of come from behind wins, or Dobbs looking crappy against Carolina...all they remember is one completion in double-coverage when Eric Weddle had his back turned.

He dropped one or two other passes as well. He definitely seemed like he wasn’t all there.

steel striker
11-19-2018, 10:16 AM
The defense keeping the Jags out of the endzone and, JuJu making some big catches when we needed them. Ben was awful early but, turned it around in the fourth quarter. It was a game we probably should have lost Jags controlled most of the game but, they forgot Steeler football is 60 minutes. I loved the look on their faces after Ben hit the chalk for the TD!

polamalubeast
11-19-2018, 11:18 AM

JnK
11-19-2018, 12:44 PM
Game ball - The whole team and the way they persevered until the fat lady sang.
Goat - DirecTV for stopping my recording of the game with 1:50 left to play in the game. I missed the entire comeback and had to settle for highlights on youtube.

pczach
11-19-2018, 12:49 PM
Game ball - The whole team and the way they persevered until the fat lady sang.
Goat - DirecTV for stopping my recording of the game with 1:50 left to play in the game. I missed the entire comeback and had to settle for highlights on youtube.

On my DirecTV DVR, whenever I record a live event, it always asks if I want to add an extension if it runs long. I always select to add the extension. Did you get that prompt when you set it to record?

JnK
11-19-2018, 12:57 PM
On my DirecTV DVR, whenever I record a live event, it always asks if I want to add an extension if it runs long. I always select to add the extension. Did you get that prompt when you set it to record?

I did, and I have the season recording set to record all games +1 1/2 hr, which it usually does. For some reason yesterday's game stopped recording early. Needless to say I was pissed. At least I was able to watch Ben's score via highlights.

pczach
11-19-2018, 01:09 PM
I did, and I have the season recording set to record all games +1 1/2 hr, which it usually does. For some reason yesterday's game stopped recording early. Needless to say I was pissed. At least I was able to watch Ben's score via highlights.

That sucks...

To endure all that garbage that was the first 53 minutes of the game, and then not being able to experience the ultimate joy at the end is brutal.

tube517
11-19-2018, 01:49 PM
http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/29574-Question?p=665525&viewfull=1#post665525

Game will be rebroadcast on NFL Network on Wed at 2 pm.

Fire Goodell
11-19-2018, 02:45 PM
Here's an interesting factoid, that loss the Jaguars got yesterday puts them in a worse spot than the Browns in wildcard seeding :chuckle:

JnK
11-19-2018, 02:46 PM
That sucks...

To endure all that garbage that was the first 53 minutes of the game, and then not being able to experience the ultimate joy at the end is brutal.

You're preaching to the choir. :lol:

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/29574-Question?p=665525&viewfull=1#post665525

Game will be rebroadcast on NFL Network on Wed at 2 pm.

Awesome! Thanks for this info.

polamalubeast
11-19-2018, 03:37 PM