PDA

View Full Version : CJ Anderson?

polamalubeast
11-12-2018, 05:48 PM

I may be wrong but I think it would be a good idea to try to sign Anderson if Bell do not show up tomorrow...

Dwinsgames
11-12-2018, 06:11 PM

I may be wrong but I think it would be a good idea to try to sign Anderson if Bell do not show up tomorrow...

IMO an upgrade over Ridley

polamalubeast
11-12-2018, 06:13 PM
career stats for Anderson

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndeC.00.htm

BlackAndGold
11-12-2018, 06:19 PM
I like the idea of signing him.

JC has been great but the usage of his carries needs to come down.

Shoes
11-12-2018, 06:21 PM
He's only 27 years old? I'd take him.

Fire Goodell
11-12-2018, 10:02 PM
I like it. And we'd probably still carry over at least 10 mil of cap money over to next year.

Would he be that much of an upgrade over Ridley though? About the same amount of wear & tear, and Ridley does have familiarity with the offense. He might be in Tomlin's doghouse right now but he also proved he's a decent receiver and can pick up the blitz. Although he doesn't have Conner's talent, he can still be plug and played into our system and be effective.

In any case I'm never against adding RB talent

st33lersguy
11-12-2018, 10:13 PM
I'd take him. Most of the time seems to be good for a big run in a big game. Hed be solid behind this oline

86WARD
11-13-2018, 02:49 PM
He looked a lot heavier in a Panthers uniform...anyone know if that’s a true statement?

SteelMember
11-13-2018, 03:08 PM
He looked a lot heavier in a Panthers uniform...anyone know if that’s a true statement?

Black is more slimming...

cubanstogie
11-13-2018, 03:09 PM
More explosive than Ridley, don’t recall receiving skills which is a must.

polamalubeast
11-13-2018, 03:14 PM

Anderson has 3 seasons of 25 catch or more and he has caught about 70% of his target in his career.

The steelers would use more as a receiver like Conner if he would sign with us.

SteelMember
11-13-2018, 03:15 PM
I think Dan provided this link in another thread... from Curt Popejoy

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/11/13/the-steelers-should-try-to-sign-c-j-anderson/

ShoeHorn
11-13-2018, 03:23 PM
I love this idea. Anderson can play. We need depth behind Conner and right now we have none. Imagine if we had to go into a playoff game with Ridley and Samuels carrying the load. I think we’ve all seen that movie enough times as Steeler fans. Go get Anderson.

HollywoodSteel
11-13-2018, 03:51 PM

If he was released because he wasn’t happy playing a reduced role in the Panthers’ offense, why would he sign with the Steelers to replace our third string RB?

polamalubeast
11-13-2018, 03:53 PM
If he was released because he wasn’t happy playing a reduced role in the Panthers’ offense, why would he sign with the Steelers to replace our third string RB?

Anderson had only 24 runs in 9 games with the panthers this year....

HollywoodSteel
11-13-2018, 03:56 PM

How many runs did Ridley have in the first nine games? That’s the role Anderson would be playing in Pittsburgh.

cubanstogie
11-13-2018, 04:00 PM
I wonder what Eddie Lacy weighs these days.

HollywoodSteel
11-13-2018, 04:07 PM
How many runs did Ridley have in the first nine games? That’s the role Anderson would be playing in Pittsburgh.

To answer my own question, Ridley has 18 carries this year, and 8 of them were in the Panthers game because Conner was pulled.

So what kind of Role would Anderson play with a healthy Conner in the line up? A big enough role that he’d be happier in Pittsburgh than he was in Carolina?

- - - Updated - - -

To answer my own question, Ridley has 18 carries this year, and 8 of them were in the Panthers game because Conner was pulled.

So what kind of Role would Anderson play with a healthy Conner in the line up? A big enough role that he’d be happier in Pittsburgh than he was in Carolina?

And Samuels has only had 10 carries, with five of them in the Panthers game.

I’d be happy with signing Anderson, but I don’t think he’d be happy signing with us.

cubanstogie
11-13-2018, 04:08 PM

IF he knows what he gets going in he might be happier. Sounds like he thought he'd have bigger role. Here he'd know exactly what his role would be.

Fire Goodell
11-13-2018, 04:09 PM
I wonder what Eddie Lacy weighs these days.

I think he's a free agent too, but I'm sure if he has access to primanti bros sandwiches he'll be big dan mccullers' replacement at NT :chuckle:

86WARD
11-13-2018, 04:56 PM

From the little I’ve seen him play, he hasn’t looked that great.

86WARD
11-13-2018, 04:57 PM

- - - Updated - - -

And Samuels has only had 10 carries, with five of them in the Panthers game.

I’d be happy with signing Anderson, but I don’t think he’d be happy signing with us.

Why wouldn’t he want to sign with Pittsburgh? He’s sitting on the street right now...and if the Steelers put a claim in on him, he really wouldn’t have a choice...no?

GoSlash27
11-13-2018, 05:27 PM
We've freed up some cash, might as well use it. I'm cool with bringing in a decent #2 back and maybe another CB to compete with (or at least back up) Sensabaugh. Those are our shallow spots at the moment. If Conner goes down, *maybe* Samuels is adequate to hold the line. If Sensabaugh goes down, we are seriously screwed. No way is Burns up to the task.

GoSlash27
11-13-2018, 05:34 PM
From the little I’ve seen him play, he hasn’t looked that great.

Ah, but you haven't seen him play behind our line. He's got some "Isaac Redman" going on when he gets to the second level, and decent hands. He can be an asset for us if he's any good at pass protection.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-13-2018, 06:10 PM
He was beast for a couple years running for Denver and think he would be good behind the Steelers OL. Don't think he is a great pass catching RB though. I really don't think we need him to be though. I'm all in for him.

DesertSteel
11-13-2018, 06:11 PM
Samuels is the #2.

11-13-2018, 06:13 PM
Why wouldn’t he want to sign with Pittsburgh? He’s sitting on the street right now...and if the Steelers put a claim in on him, he really wouldn’t have a choice...no? Think he has to accept it or not play. Of course that is if a lower rank team doesn't put in a bid ahead of The Steelers.

HollywoodSteel
11-13-2018, 06:28 PM
Think he has to accept it or not play. Of course that is if a lower rank team doesn't put in a bid ahead of The Steelers.

I assumed he already cleared waivers.

But regardless, it could like a James Harrison or L. Blount situation. If the REASON he was released had to do with him being disgruntled about playing time, why wouldn’t he be even MORE disgruntled (or less gruntled?) in Pittsburgh?

We want volunteers, not hostages. ;)

Fire Goodell
11-13-2018, 06:33 PM
It's too bad John Madden doesn't call games anymore, I used to always laugh when he said Anderson. Of course as a kid watching football growing up, I was always asking my dad how come Madden kept saying the name Anderson wrong, he always says Ainderson

11-13-2018, 06:40 PM
I assumed he already cleared waivers.

But regardless, it could like a James Harrison or L. Blount situation. If the REASON he was released had to do with him being disgruntled about playing time, why wouldn’t he be even MORE disgruntled (or less gruntled?) in Pittsburgh?

We want volunteers, not hostages. ;) Haha and well if he already cleared waivers he can choose whatever team shows interest that he wants to go to. I could be wrong though.

HollywoodSteel
11-13-2018, 06:48 PM
Haha and well if he already cleared waivers he can choose whatever team shows interest that he wants to go to. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, if he cleared waivers he’s a free agent. The only reason I can think of to pick the Steelers over some team where he’ll get more touches is the chance at a ring, or if Conner gets hurt he’d be playing behind the best O-line in the NFL.

GoSlash27
11-13-2018, 06:51 PM
The only reason I can think of to pick the Steelers over some team where he’ll get more touches is the chance at a ring, or if Conner gets hurt he’d be playing behind the best O-line in the NFL.

I'm a pretty big Steelers homer myself, but seriously... That's a pretty darn compelling pair of reasons! Also throw in the best RB coach in the league. If your services aren't required, you're still coached by the best and get paid. If your services *are* required, this coach and line can help you look like a generational talent. And this is the only contender that's in the market for your services; might get a ring out of the deal. What's not to like?

11-13-2018, 06:58 PM
I'm a pretty big Steelers homer myself, but seriously... That's a pretty compelling pair of reasons. Also throw in the best RB coach in the league. Think he already has a ring with Denver but who would turn down a chance at more Bling other then someone named Bell ?

86WARD
11-14-2018, 05:25 AM
Ah, but you haven't seen him play behind our line. He's got some "Isaac Redman" going on when he gets to the second level, and decent hands. He can be an asset for us if he's any good at pass protection.

Isaac Redman? Hard pass.

polamalubeast
11-14-2018, 07:54 AM

EzraTank
11-14-2018, 08:12 AM

And that was his point, he wanted more runs and said so. At this point I agree he looks a lot heavier and he probably doesn't want to come here to backup the backup.

Now if he wants to have a shot at a ring I could see him coming here but he already won a ring in Denver.