PDA

View Full Version : Colin Cowherd:The New England Patriots are like Muhammad Ali while the Pittsburgh Steelers are like Mike Tyson

polamalubeast
11-09-2018, 02:55 PM

Born2Steel
11-09-2018, 04:40 PM
If Cowherd were even a little bit worth listening to this comment might be inflammatory. If he were but he’s not.

Craic
11-10-2018, 01:58 AM
Sadly, there's nothing really there I can disagree with.

FrancoLambert
11-10-2018, 06:38 AM
Damn.....I want us to be Jack Johnson. :boxing:

tube517
11-10-2018, 07:00 AM
http://majoredin.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/bye-felicia-bye-felithamike-tyson-memes-of-mike-tyson-memes.jpg

teegre
11-10-2018, 08:39 AM
His mama named him Clay... I’mma call him Clay.

AtlantaDan
11-10-2018, 08:55 AM
Sadly, there's nothing really there I can disagree with.

Cannot say if I would or not

I refuse to increase Cowherd's page hits by hitting the link for his clickbait

FWIW most of his listeners most likely are too young to have ever watched Ali fight and would have to rely on Cowherd being truthful (big risk there) for any Ali comparisons.

But I do wonder if he rants about Mike McCarthy under performing expectations with his talent in Green Bay as much as does with his pinata Mike Tomlin - if not wonder why?

https://deadspin.com/remember-all-those-other-times-colin-cowherd-said-racis-1720163539

polamalubeast
11-10-2018, 09:42 AM

FWIW most of his listeners most likely are too young to have ever watched Ali fight and would have to rely on Cowherd being truthful (big risk there) for any Ali comparisons.

But I do wonder if he rants about Mike McCarthy under performing expectations with his talent in Green Bay as much as does with his pinata Mike Tomlin - if not wonder why?

https://deadspin.com/remember-all-those-other-times-colin-cowherd-said-racis-1720163539

Basically, Cowherd said that steelers with the talent that the steelers have had should accomplish more than they have done since 2011 and the problem of the steelers are not the pats, since the steelers have lost only once against the pats in the playoffs since 2011.

Also he said that the pats have always been in the AFC title game since 2011 and the steelers have lost against several bad QB in the playoffs like Tebow, Flacco and Bortles.

teegre
11-10-2018, 10:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlUo49Ecd30&app=desktop

Mike Tyson... Pittsburgh... I had to post this.

And, part II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2oPuO3dJDI&app=desktop

AtlantaDan
11-10-2018, 10:30 AM
Basically, Cowherd said that steelers with the talent that the steelers have had should accomplish more than they have done since 2011 and the problem of the steelers are not the pats, since the steelers have lost only once against the pats in the playoffs since 2011.

Also he said that the pats have always been in the AFC title game since 2011 and the steelers have lost against several bad QB in the playoffs like Tebow, Flacco and Bortles.

Thanks - in other words the same old same old, except this time after a blowout win to cap a five game winning streak.

The page hits for criticizing Tomlin clickbait must be really good for Cowherd.

Mojouw
11-10-2018, 10:37 AM

I wasn't gonna say anything...but, since you brought it up....

Colin Cowherd is just such a terrible example of an elitist privileged dumb-shit SOB that is has his head shoved so far up his own ass he can't even recognize what he doesn't know. I'm not sure he even harbors enough hatred against anyone to be called a bigot or a racist -- but racists would certainly think he says racist drivel on the regular.

The amount of times (before I discovered podcasts and audiobooks) that I would hear him recommend some stupefyingly impossible course of action for people (like the time he recommended that everyone invest in real estate to grow their personal/family wealth) or make some clueless paternalistic white man's burden argument about minority athletes used to make me want to drive my car off a bridge.

Long story short, the fact that Colin Cowherd has a job and that people eat up his nonsense is more evidence that we need to thin the herd.

Edman
11-10-2018, 10:38 AM
Cowherd isn't wrong.

This team lost to a Jaguars squad who hadn't been to the postseason in over a decade just ten months ago. The same QB that beat them is in danger of being ousted entirely. They may not see Bortles next week.

Its put up or shut up time for the Steelers. A five game win streak and Clobbering the 6-2 Panthers isn't enough. They need to finish the job, otherwise this season is just as big a tease and a waste as 2014-2017 were. Time for the Steelers to play up to their talent and ability as a team, instead of just being a collection of individuals riding on that talent to back door wins or losing against inferior teams headed by QBs like Brett Hundley, Bortles, and Jacoby Brissett.

teegre
11-10-2018, 10:41 AM

I’m with you, in that Cowherd used to be an intelligent show. Then, he became a self-absorbed douche who thrives on clickbait. Still... I listened to that clip. :lol:

In a nutshell, Cowherd isn’t wrong.

I love me some analogies (and summaries)... and, the Taperiots are indeed Ali, and the Steelers are indeed Tyson. As Cowherd said, the Taperiots are technically sound; they will beat you in the long run, but one wrong step, and “the Steelers will put you in the hospital.”

“You might win the first four rounds against the Steelers, but at any moment, they can end the fight with just one punch.”

Shoes
11-10-2018, 11:13 AM
Cowturd and Skip Bayless two of the finest, sadly they seem to be multiplying like rabbits. It's as bad as the "news" media.

DesertSteel
11-10-2018, 04:38 PM
I’m with you, in that Cowherd used to be an intelligent show. Then, he became a self-absorbed douche who thrives on clickbait. Still... I listened to that clip. :lol:

In a nutshell, Cowherd isn’t wrong.

I love me some analogies (and summaries)... and, the Taperiots are indeed Ali, and the Steelers are indeed Tyson. As Cowherd said, the Taperiots are technically sound; they will beat you in the long run, but one wrong step, and “the Steelers will put you in the hospital.”

“You might win the first four rounds against the Steelers, but at any moment, they can end the fight with just one punch.”
As douchey as he may be, he's frequently spot on with his analogies.

Dwinsgames
11-10-2018, 05:53 PM
His mama named him Clay... I’mma call him Clay.

Cassius

- - - Updated - - -

As douchey as he may be, he's frequently spot on with his analogies.

this is yet another example of such ... wish he was wrong , but quite frankly he is anything but

Fire Goodell
11-10-2018, 06:10 PM
Tyson in his prime would have knocked out Ali. Ali's biggest trait was he could take a punch, but I don't think any human being could have taken a Tyson shot to the chin. I'm talking about the Tyson that was motivated and being trained by Gus.

teegre
11-10-2018, 07:03 PM
this is yet another example of such ... wish he was wrong , but quite frankly he is anything but

I actually don’t mind this analogy.

The Taperiots are great. They will go 12 rounds with anybody, and they will win most of those matchups. Ali is the greatest of all time, and cheating aside (:lol:) the Taperiots have had two decades of exceptional play.

Likewise, the Steelers are focused are the most devastating right cross ever to play. Robin Givens/Twitter might distract them... they might lose to Buster Douglas/Blake Bortles... but, when the Steelers are focused, there is not a single team on the planet (not Ali, not Frazier, no one!!!) who wants to play them.