PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Antonio Brown cited for going 100+ mph on McKnight Road

polamalubeast
11-08-2018, 10:13 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown was stopped by police for speeding just hours before the team’s Thursday night game against the Carolina Panthers.

According to Ross Township police, Brown was cited for going in excess of 100 miles per hour southbound on McKnight Road near McCandless Crossing.

An officer was looking for a possible suspect from a bank robbery at the nearby WesBanco when a black Porsche went speeding by, police said.

The officer pulled over the driver, who was identified as Antonio Brown.

Brown was cited for reckless driving.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/steelers-antonio-brown-cited-for-going-100-mph-on-mcknight-road/869025306

:doh:

steelreserve
11-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Well. That was smart.

Fire Goodell
11-08-2018, 10:55 AM
zero to 100 real quick, whole squad on that real shit

st33lersguy
11-08-2018, 10:57 AM
And I was beginning to worry "days of our Steelers" was running out of new material

Fire Goodell
11-08-2018, 11:11 AM
Isn't this normal in Pittsburgh? I remember going there for a game, and driving a rental car. I was passing someone in the left lane going 85 and this dude came flying behind me laying on his horn, I'm guessing he was going close to 100

Besides why is the cop giving AB a ticket? He's antonio freakin' brown. Closet ass ravens fan probably lol

Shoes
11-08-2018, 11:20 AM
100 in a 45 zone, he should lose his license for that one. AB seems like he's slowly coming apart.

GoSlash27
11-08-2018, 11:31 AM
Hell, we've all done that :D

vader29
11-08-2018, 11:43 AM
Mike Wallace is faster.

86WARD
11-08-2018, 12:33 PM
Meh...it’s a speeding ticket.

tube517
11-08-2018, 12:40 PM
Mike Wallace is faster.

:chuckle:

Thanks steeldawg!

vasteeler
11-08-2018, 01:32 PM
Did he hurt or kill himself or others? No, then I don't care.

Dwinsgames
11-08-2018, 01:52 PM
100 in a 45 zone, he should lose his license for that one. AB seems like he's slowly coming apart.

more than TWICE the speed limit ... yes he should ( by law ) but the same rules do not apply to the rich / celebrity as us common folk

DesertSteel
11-08-2018, 04:18 PM
Did he hurt or kill himself or others? No, then I don't care.
Drunk driving shouldn't be a problem either as long as no one gets hurt. *sigh*

Fire Goodell
11-08-2018, 04:46 PM
more than TWICE the speed limit ... yes he should ( by law ) but the same rules do not apply to the rich / celebrity as us common folk

I could care less what AB does as long as he's catching touchdowns, as long as he aint up to some Aaron Hernandez or Ray Lewis crap

Come on now tell me if you're driving a Porsche that you won't open up that engine more than a few times for fun, that sh*t happens lol

stillers4me
11-08-2018, 05:10 PM
Boomin.

stillers4me
11-08-2018, 05:18 PM

steelcityboyz
11-08-2018, 05:19 PM
I can't blame AB if I had that car I'd be zoomin too.

Fire Goodell
11-08-2018, 05:20 PM
I can't blame AB if I had that car I'd be zoomin too.

No kidding man that Porsche probably can easily go over 100 on 3rd gear lmao

Hawkman
11-08-2018, 05:29 PM
I could care less what AB does as long as he's catching touchdowns, as long as he aint up to some Aaron Hernandez or Ray Lewis crap

Come on now tell me if you're driving a Porsche that you won't open up that engine more than a few times for fun, that sh*t happens lol

Yep, I was in driver improvement school a number of years ago for doing 50 in a 35. Girl next to me (couldn’t have been more than 18), was caught going 110 on 64 which was 60 mph at the time. She was driving her daddy’s Porsche. The instructor ask her why she was going so fast, and with a dead straight face, she said,”because I could “. It was a good ten minutes before the group was back under control.

Dwinsgames
11-08-2018, 05:30 PM

at 100mph he crashes that thing he WON"T be catching TDs , and if someone pulls out because " nobody's coming" and he turns the bend at 100 and T Bones them he wont IMO be any better than the ones you mentioned , sure you could " call it an accident" but there would be a whole lot of blame all pointing at 100mph in a 45..... wanna act a fool you have the money to rent a drag strip on an off day

Fire Goodell
11-08-2018, 05:35 PM
Yep, I was in driver improvement school a number of years ago for doing 50 in a 35. Girl next to me (couldn’t have been more than 18), was caught going 110 on 64 which was 60 mph at the time. She was driving her daddy’s Porsche. The instructor ask her why she was going so fast, and with a dead straight face, she said,”because I could “. It was a good ten minutes before the group was back under control.

Haha, reminds me of my friend in HS. His dad let him borrow the corvette for a day and he got suspended for doing donuts in the parking lot. I asked him if it was worth it, he said hell yeah :chuckle:

Craic
11-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Yep. I did. 90 plus in a 30. 2x the legal limit. Had a car pull out on me going the other way and swung into my lane. I barely missed him. Let's just say I never did that again.

Fire Goodell
11-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Driving slow with a Porsche is like having a 12 inch dick and becoming a priest or something

teegre
11-08-2018, 10:55 PM
I was once sentenced to second-level traffic school... so... I can’t really say much.

GoSlash27
11-08-2018, 10:59 PM
Yinz shoulda seen me late apexing into that curve. I was doing at least 140. Can't do that these days; cops get all salty :(

Lady Steel
11-08-2018, 11:06 PM
Dumb on AB's part. He was lucky he didn't kill someone. It's too late once he does. Dumbass.
Sorry, but this was not okay to do.

GoSlash27
11-08-2018, 11:07 PM
Not true. I did 100+ on McKnight road back in the day, but the only time I hit 140+ in Allegheny County was on 28. I was much younger then and rockin' an '84 CS Monte with full- on GP braces, road racing suspension, and a hopped- up 406. Those were the days...

tube517
11-08-2018, 11:09 PM

GoSlash27
11-08-2018, 11:11 PM
Dumb on AB's part. He was lucky he didn't kill someone. It's too late once he does. Dumbass.
Sorry, but this was not okay to do.

I agree, but in all honesty driving way too fast was less dangerous than texting and driving IMO. I outgrew those shenanigans decades ago...
Now I just putter along at a respectable speed while shaking my fist at the whipper-snappers.

Lady Steel
11-08-2018, 11:17 PM

He probably will lose his license. Maybe JuJu can put some winter tires on his bike and lease it to AB. :chuckle:

Personally, I think AB is acting out because he's not getting a lot of attention this season. It's all been about breakout star James Conner. And then there's all the talk about Bell. Nobody is talking about AB and we know what a diva he is.

Of course, I'm probably totally wrong, but whatevs. :chuckle:

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, but in all honesty driving way too fast was less dangerous than texting and driving IMO. I outgrew those shenanigans decades ago...
Now I just putter along at a respectable speed while shaking my fist at the whipper-snappers.

If only we all rode jetskis. :lol:

GoSlash27
11-08-2018, 11:21 PM
If only we all rode jetskis. :lol:

I'm gonna try paramotors next summer if my old bones can take it :D
You only die once...

ALLD
11-09-2018, 09:19 AM
He would not have survived a crash at that speed seatbelt or not. It's fun until a deer runs out in front or he loses control thru a curve.

86WARD
11-09-2018, 09:23 AM
Yep. Ask Pelle Lindberg.

Craic
11-09-2018, 09:24 AM
Yep. I did. 90 plus in a 30. 2x the legal limit. Had a car pull out on me going the other way and swung into my lane. I barely missed him. Let's just say I never did that again.

I failed to mention, this was about two months after I received my license at age 16. In hindsight, I wasn't mature enough to be behind the wheel of a moving vehicle at the time.

Craic
11-09-2018, 09:31 AM
Yep. Ask Pelle Lindberg.
Wow. Now there's ​a reference from the vaults of time.

AtlantaDan
11-10-2018, 04:47 PM
Maybe AB was speeding back to his house this week to make sure nobody had robbed him again :noidea:

AB had a bad week from April 17 - 24 earlier this year - but I suppose that goes with leading the lifestyle of the rich and famous

Brown, 30, called Northern Regional police April 17 to report that someone had stolen a safe from his Pine home. He told police it contained more than $2 million worth of jewelry, passports, a 9mm handgun and $50,000, a police report shows.

“That’s still an open case, and the investigation is ongoing,” Northern Regional police Chief Bob Amann told the Tribune-Review. ...

On April 23, Brown called police in Sunny Isles Beach, Fla., to report that someone had taken a handgun and tote bag containing $80,000 from a closet in his $35,000-a-month apartment, records show.
The next day, police responded to calls about furniture being hurled from the apartment’s 14th-floor balcony. ...

Northern Regional police who responded to the reported Pine safe robbery found no sign of forced entry, and Brown told them only the safe and its contents appeared to be missing, according to a police report.

Investigators spoke initially with Brown and four Florida men police described as Brown’s “entourage,” including his personal barber, chef, trainer and assistant, the report said.

Brown told police he suspected a different personal assistant of stealing the safe. That man had access to the house key and was supposed to be watching over the house while Brown was away, Brown told police.

When contacted by police, the assistant denied taking the safe and told police that several people had regular access to Brown’s house, including women with whom Brown had children, at least one man Brown previously gave access to the safe and its code, “car people” and exotic fish tank caretakers who were “always in and out.”

https://triblive.com/local/allegheny/14275428-74/alleged-speeding-incident-latest-in-string-of-police-calls-involving-steelers-antonio

For those keeping score that is $2 million in jewelry, $130,000 in cash, two handguns, passports, a safe and a backpack that are missing. :coffee:

Recordings of the calls from AB to his insurance carrier to file claims on this must be comedy gold :chuckle:

GoSlash27
11-10-2018, 10:36 PM
You know, it really is tragic in a way. He's making all that cash, has no idea how to handle it, and is getting victimized (allegedly) by his so- called "friends". He'll be broke before he even retires from football at this rate. And of course everyone points and laughs because "eff him, he's rich".
It's like all those people you hear about who wind up getting ruined by winning the lotto. It's easy for a man in his position to get rich, but he has no understanding of how to *be* rich. There should be some sort of mentorship program.

pczach
11-11-2018, 06:33 AM
You know, it really is tragic in a way. He's making all that cash, has no idea how to handle it, and is getting victimized (allegedly) by his so- called "friends". He'll be broke before he even retires from football at this rate. And of course everyone points and laughs because "eff him, he's rich".
It's like all those people you hear about who wind up getting ruined by winning the lotto. It's easy for a man in his position to get rich, but he has no understanding of how to *be* rich. There should be some sort of mentorship program.

It's hard to wrap your head around it. They have all this money coming in, and they have no idea how to manage it. They don't always trust traditional investment options, but they trust a large group of people around them that many times came from nothing and are looking at the player as a meal ticket. Far too many times it is the people they think they can trust that end up taking all their money if they don't figure it out.

It's very sad. I hope this doesn't happen to AB. He needs to get a large chunk of cash into a safe investment that brings him a solid return to make sure he has nothing to worry about for the rest of his life.

It appears he also needs to reign in his spending habits as well. I hope someone approaches him about this and helps to get him on track.

AtlantaDan
11-11-2018, 06:43 AM
It's hard to wrap your head around it. They have all this money coming in, and they have no idea how to manage it. They don't always trust traditional investment options, but they trust a large group of people around them that many times came from nothing and are looking at the player as a meal ticket. Far too many times it is the people they think they can trust that end up taking all their money if they don't figure it out.

It's very sad. I hope this doesn't happen to AB. He needs to get a large chunk of cash into a safe investment that brings him a solid return to make sure he has nothing to worry about for the rest of his life.

It appears he also needs to reign in his spending habits as well. I hope someone approaches him about this and helps to get him on track.

AB is the stereotypical pro athlete blowing through his earnings but there are alternative examples of what to do when a NFL player gets big rich.

His public image is that he is a meathead but someone who gets it is Rob Gronkowski

Gronkowski hasn’t spent a penny of his contract money from last season. In fact, he says he hasn’t touched any of his career NFL earnings, including the six-year $54 million contract (https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/rob-gronkowski-6551/) he signed in 2012....

“I live off my marketing money and haven’t blown it on any big-money expensive cars, expensive jewelry or tattoos and still wear my favorite pair of jeans from high school.”

http://time.com/money/5367980/rob-gronkowski-money-patriots-nfl-contract/

Other players have followed models similar to Gronkowski's. Marshawn Lynch reportedly didn't touch his NFL earnings (https://www.businessinsider.com/marshawn-lynch-saves-nfl-salary-lives-off-endorsements-2016-2) either. And Saquon Barkley, the New York Giants rookie running back, said he wasn't going to spend his NFL earnings (https://www.businessinsider.com/saquon-barkley-nfl-contract-investing-endorsement-money-2018-6) and would instead live off his endorsements.

https://www.businessinsider.com/rob-gronkowski-contract-earnings-saved-advice-nfl-rookies-2018-10

GoSlash27
11-11-2018, 07:36 AM
AB is the stereotypical pro athlete blowing through his earnings but there are alternative examples of what to do when a NFL player gets big rich.

There are, but most big money players have no understanding of how to do that and nobody is there to teach them the right way. Football players (for the most part) have no examples to emulate and no experience when it comes to social interaction and money management. There's a certain level of maturity that comes with leading a "normal" life that they are shielded from until it's too late.
Perhaps the players you mentioned should start an education program :D The ABs of the league would actually listen to them and trust them.

pczach
11-11-2018, 08:43 AM

His public image is that he is a meathead but someone who gets it is Rob Gronkowski

Gronkowski hasn’t spent a penny of his contract money from last season. In fact, he says he hasn’t touched any of his career NFL earnings, including the six-year $54 million contract (https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/rob-gronkowski-6551/) he signed in 2012....

“I live off my marketing money and haven’t blown it on any big-money expensive cars, expensive jewelry or tattoos and still wear my favorite pair of jeans from high school.”

http://time.com/money/5367980/rob-gronkowski-money-patriots-nfl-contract/

Other players have followed models similar to Gronkowski's. Marshawn Lynch reportedly didn't touch his NFL earnings (https://www.businessinsider.com/marshawn-lynch-saves-nfl-salary-lives-off-endorsements-2016-2) either. And Saquon Barkley, the New York Giants rookie running back, said he wasn't going to spend his NFL earnings (https://www.businessinsider.com/saquon-barkley-nfl-contract-investing-endorsement-money-2018-6) and would instead live off his endorsements.

https://www.businessinsider.com/rob-gronkowski-contract-earnings-saved-advice-nfl-rookies-2018-10

I understand that there are also so many that are smart with their money. I just wish that it was 100% of players that would take advantage of what they have earned.

There are many athletes that make more from endorsements than they do in salary playing the game.

I guess I just don't understand how there aren't money management groups that are established and run by former players and a core group of respected investors. They would have a built-in trust with current players, and be able to show how they have helped other athletes. It would also be easy for current players to talk to other players to find out the results they have gotten while investing in these groups.

It just seems like it should be a no-brainer to have a respected and reliable money management system with a built in trust factor with easy access to athletes.

I guess you can't force people to do what they don't want to do.

You can lead a horse to water.....

AtlantaDan
11-11-2018, 11:00 AM
I understand that there are also so many that are smart with their money. I just wish that it was 100% of players that would take advantage of what they have earned.

There are many athletes that make more from endorsements than they do in salary playing the game.

I guess I just don't understand how there aren't money management groups that are established and run by former players and a core group of respected investors. They would have a built-in trust with current players, and be able to show how they have helped other athletes. It would also be easy for current players to talk to other players to find out the results they have gotten while investing in these groups.

It just seems like it should be a no-brainer to have a respected and reliable money management system with a built in trust factor with easy access to athletes.

The NFLPA has established a list of approved financial advisors but that does not always end well

However, the NFLPA list has been clouded by scandal in recent years amid reports of pros descending into bankruptcy within years of their retirement (http://sports.cbslocal.com/2015/04/16/wall-street-journal-one-in-six-nfl-players-broke-within-12-years/) and lawsuits and regulatory penalties against advisors charged with fleecing (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-preview-thrown-for-a-loss/) their celebrity clients. Big brokerage firms have, in turn, sued (https://advisorhub.com/wells-fargo-seeks-2-million-from-bada-bing-broker/) some of the rogue advisors, several of whom were on the NFLPA approved list.

The issue gained renewed attention this summer when “Sports Illustrated” reported that retired running back Clinton Portis almost killed one of his advisors (https://advisorhub.com/ex-nfl-running-back-clinton-portis-says-nearly-killed-advisor/) after losing millions of dollars based on their recommendations. Two of his advisors had the Players Association’s seal of approval.

https://advisorhub.com/nfl-players-association-cracks-approved-advisor-list/

Since even sophisticated investors can get scammed by con artists (see, Bernie Madoff), lots of $$ to young men who often have limited education and have dreamed of a garage full of Bentleys & Ferraris once they started getting the attention of scouts is going to lead to some train wrecks

pczach
11-11-2018, 11:52 AM
The NFLPA has established a list of approved financial advisors but that does not always end well

However, the NFLPA list has been clouded by scandal in recent years amid reports of pros descending into bankruptcy within years of their retirement (http://sports.cbslocal.com/2015/04/16/wall-street-journal-one-in-six-nfl-players-broke-within-12-years/) and lawsuits and regulatory penalties against advisors charged with fleecing (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-preview-thrown-for-a-loss/) their celebrity clients. Big brokerage firms have, in turn, sued (https://advisorhub.com/wells-fargo-seeks-2-million-from-bada-bing-broker/) some of the rogue advisors, several of whom were on the NFLPA approved list.

The issue gained renewed attention this summer when “Sports Illustrated” reported that retired running back Clinton Portis almost killed one of his advisors (https://advisorhub.com/ex-nfl-running-back-clinton-portis-says-nearly-killed-advisor/) after losing millions of dollars based on their recommendations. Two of his advisors had the Players Association’s seal of approval.

https://advisorhub.com/nfl-players-association-cracks-approved-advisor-list/

Since even sophisticated investors can get scammed by con artists (see, Bernie Madoff), lots of $$ to young men who often have limited education and have dreamed of a garage full of Bentleys & Ferraris once they started getting the attention of scouts is going to lead to some train wrecks

Good stuff there Dan. Thanks for the links.

The other thing is that investment people can't make you put your money into risky investments. Part of the problem has to be that players are buying into businesses or shooting for the moon and expect 100% return on their money annually. Some of these guys could even be demanding a certain acceptable return on their money. When faced with producing 30% return on the investment, no money manager can provide a "safe" investment. There are none.

For crying out loud, they can just put their money into conservative CD's, municipal bonds, or fixed rate funds that pay preset interest rates and still make out if they have a large amount they are working from.

If there is $25 million in an account with just a 3% return on investment.....that's $750,000 annually! When you start talking about huge numbers, it doesn't take any risk to make real money. Some guys get signing bonuses that big.

The whole thing is just so sad when it is all right there in front of them.

My father passed away almost three years ago. I set up an investment strategy with an investment company speaking one-on-one with an advisor. I set the parameters of risk. I set up the payout of the 401K, managed stocks and other investments by deciding what should be kept and what should be converted to a more conservative approach. You do need some understanding of finances and investing, but if the expectations are kept reasonable and everything you do is to make sure that you don't blow all the money by dealing in all high-risk investments.....you should make out OK and provide yourself with a good lifestyle. That is, as long as the expectations are within the realm of possible and you have any understanding of what can happen if you only have A and you keep spending B.

Dwinsgames
11-11-2018, 01:48 PM
the simple solution would be to invest in utilities .... sure the returns are low percentage , BUT they are not in the business of losing money ......

buy land ..... never will be any more of it and more and more people all the time