PDA

View Full Version : Le'Veon Bell back with the Steelers soon?

polamalubeast
11-05-2018, 02:55 PM

The circus will begin :frusty:

Craic
11-05-2018, 02:58 PM

I think this is a good thing. Imagine if Bell comes back anything close to his normal self. To have someone like Bell ready to go in the latter half of the season just may be what we need to push us over the top. I mean, how often in years past has losing a RB cost us a playoff game?

polamalubeast
11-05-2018, 02:59 PM

stillers4me
11-05-2018, 03:03 PM
He spelled "Farewell" wrong.

polamalubeast
11-05-2018, 03:17 PM

Fire Goodell
11-05-2018, 03:18 PM

Maybe it's just wordplay cause he's a rapper and all :chuckle:

I'm kind of mixed about him coming back. It's talent added to the roster, but several teammates AND Tomlin have made some unflattering comments toward him. I hope his return doesn't equal a rift in the locker room that eventually torpedoes the season. In that case nobody wins.

vader29
11-05-2018, 03:18 PM

polamalubeast
11-05-2018, 03:40 PM

AtlantaDan
11-05-2018, 03:53 PM

Well at least the Steelers now know what to buy Bell for a welcome back gift

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71FVch1gAnL._SX679_.jpg

ALLD
11-05-2018, 03:54 PM
Maybe he is going to the Bahamas or Jamaica after leaving South Beach?

tube517
11-05-2018, 04:07 PM

Dwinsgames
11-05-2018, 04:07 PM

well we kinda sorta knew he wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer

steelreserve
11-05-2018, 04:14 PM
It would be funny if they rescinded the tag while his plane was in the air.

And then had a limo driver waiting for him with a sign that said "lol, FUCK YOU!!"

polamalubeast
11-05-2018, 04:17 PM

polamalubeast
11-05-2018, 04:32 PM

BlackAndGold
11-05-2018, 04:54 PM
Those two wearing down defenses in the playoffs...

https://i.gifer.com/embedded/download/SAjo.gif

st33lersguy
11-05-2018, 04:55 PM
Don't want him, don't need him, he didn't show up. He can go rot on the bench for all I care and keep getting fat

GoSlash27
11-05-2018, 04:56 PM
I will be happy to see him if he comes back. I have no doubt that he will be his normal professional self while he prepares and eventually plays, and he is another weapon in the arsenal. More weapons are a good thing, especially with the schedule we're facing.

ShoeHorn
11-05-2018, 05:03 PM
Welp if his flight left at 3 he’d be in Pittsburgh by now, so we should be hearing something soon, IF that’s where he was flying to

GBMelBlount
11-05-2018, 05:04 PM
He is fresh, can lighten the load and we have half a season to figure out how to use the best 1-2 running back combo in the NFL.

Bell could be the last piece we need to have an unstoppable offense...which we will need to compete with all of the other high octane offenses out there.

polamalubeast
11-05-2018, 05:07 PM
It could be a headache for the steelers if Bell is back, since historically under Tomlin, the steelers have never do a rotation with his RB.

Like steelers' tweets did, he is right that it would not work if Conner and Bell were on the field at the same time and is our rookie OC would do a good job for that Conner and Bell have a big impact if they are both used at the same game?

I have doubts and even if Fitchner is doing a good job this year in his rookie season as OC, he's not Sean Payton to maximize his two talented running back as Payton does with Kamara and Ingram or Sproles with Ingram in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

He is fresh, can lighten the load and we have half a season to figure out how to use the best 1-2 running back combo in the NFL.

Bell could be the last piece we need to have an unstoppable offense...which we will need to compete with all of the other high octane offenses out there.

Our missing piece in offense is a 3rd receiver who can be a deep threat.

GoSlash27
11-05-2018, 05:14 PM
It could be a headache for the steelers if Bell is back, since historically under Tomlin, the steelers have never do a rotation with his RB.
But we do spell Conner occasionally to keep him fresh. At the moment, Switzer is probably seeing more snaps as a RB than as a WR. And Samuels has been mostly ineffective. We do not have a worthy RB to spell Conner at the moment. More importantly, we don't have a worthy RB to take over if Conner gets hurt. I'm fully on board with having 2 pro bowl RBs wearing hats, especially at the point where we have to deal with New England, the Saints in NO, and then Cincy.

Bell can do that too.

Hound
11-05-2018, 05:15 PM
Bell makes for a great insurance policy for injury. Randy has surprised me so far with his schemes and play calling, I’m hoping he can find a dynamic way to use Bell and James on the field at the same time.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-05-2018, 05:17 PM
All for him coming back and not like the guy murdered someone!

polamalubeast
11-05-2018, 05:19 PM
But we do spell Conner occasionally to keep him fresh. At the moment, Switzer is probably seeing more snaps as a RB than as a WR. And Samuels has been mostly ineffective. We do not have a worthy RB to spell Conner at the moment. More importantly, we don't have a worthy RB to take over if Conner gets hurt.

Bell can do that too.

Bell is not a deep threat and like Steelers depot(and Alex Kozora) and Roethlisberger have said in the tweet that I posted in this thread, Bell would not have at lot of success as receiver with him and Conner on the field at the same time for the reasons that Steelers depot Said.

GBMelBlount
11-05-2018, 05:27 PM
We do not have a worthy RB to spell Conner at the moment.

Agreed. I did a quick fact check and Bell spells his name "Conair".

Could be the rapper in him through and through, as Fire Goodell a lewd ed too. :whistle:

86WARD
11-05-2018, 05:48 PM

So there’s no reason they couldn’t do that if they so wished. They’d be stupid not to.

86WARD
11-05-2018, 05:49 PM

Like steelers' tweets did, he is right that it would not work if Conner and Bell were on the field at the same time and is our rookie OC would do a good job for that Conner and Bell have a big impact if they are both used at the same game?

I have doubts and even if Fitchner is doing a good job this year in his rookie season as OC, he's not Sean Payton to maximize his two talented running back as Payton does with Kamara and Ingram or Sproles with Ingram in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

The Steelers, under Tomlin have never taken kick returning seriously either and all of a sudden they are doing that by getting Switzer.

GoSlash27
11-05-2018, 05:50 PM
Bell is not a deep threat and like Steelers depot(and Alex Kozora) and Roethlisberger have said in the tweet that I posted in this thread, Bell would not have at lot of success as receiver with him and Conner on the field at the same time for the reasons that Steelers depot Said.

Le'Veon Bell can create some good matchups out of the slot, freeing JuJu to be a deep threat. Example:
https://youtu.be/WPTKa-lPgoc?t=126

Remember, this dude is a bogeyman in a dark alley for anyone stuck one on one with him in open space. This has basically been our passing game the last couple seasons.

86WARD
11-05-2018, 06:01 PM
Plenty of matchups there on CBs and safeties. Imagine splitting Bell and Conner wide and then bringing Conner back into the backfield to run...

:drool:

polamalubeast
11-05-2018, 06:06 PM
Plenty of matchups there on CBs and safeties. Imagine splitting Bell and Conner wide and then bringing Conner back into the backfield to run...

:drool:

It needs creativity to make it work .... can Fitchner be creative enough to make it work?

I do not know, but one thing is sure, if we read Ben's comments, he's also not sure that 2 RB at the same time can work ....

pczach
11-05-2018, 06:18 PM

Maybe he heard there was another hurricane coming Miami's way and he was just wishing the city good luck...…:p

polamalubeast
11-05-2018, 06:32 PM

smokin3000gt
11-05-2018, 07:14 PM

and he went 2 a gud skool

smokin3000gt
11-05-2018, 07:22 PM
If he is willing to pass up $8MM to stay healthy, it's hard to imagine he's going to come in and give it all he's got and risk injury now. I feel like if he does come back in we'll get a probowl game performance.. Hopefully I'm wrong and he's smart enough to realize that his stock is down and he needs a monster showing to get anything near what he wants.

AtlantaDan
11-05-2018, 09:23 PM
In early afternoon Adam Schefter breathlessly was reporting on the "Fairwell Miami" tweet from Bell

At 6:30 he publishes this

"One source pointed out to ESPN that it "doesn't make any sense for [Bell] to play now. If he doesn't want to play for $14.5 million, why would he want to play for $5 million?" the source told ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25187177/leveon-bell-talked-steelers-unlikely-report-week

Ummm - maybe it makes sense to play for $5 million because he needs the money?

"One source" sounds to me like agent Bakari, who is finding out the Steelers are not budging on not paying Bell during any roster exemption period

Tick-tock, Tick-tock - at least the clock finally runs out on this nonsense next Tuesday

11-05-2018, 09:41 PM
In early afternoon Adam Schefter breathlessly was reporting on the "Fairwell Miami" tweet from Bell

At 6:30 he publishes this

"One source pointed out to ESPN that it "doesn't make any sense for [Bell] to play now. If he doesn't want to play for $14.5 million, why would he want to play for $5 million?" the source told ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25187177/leveon-bell-talked-steelers-unlikely-report-week

Ummm - maybe it makes sense to play for $5 million because he needs the money?

"One source" sounds to me like agent Bakari, who is finding out the Steelers are not budging on not paying Bell during any roster exemption period

Tick-tock, Tick-tock - at least the clock finally runs out on this nonsense next Tuesday What about the nonsense coming this Tuesday ? Get out and vote people!

86WARD
11-05-2018, 10:12 PM
It needs creativity to make it work .... can Fitchner be creative enough to make it work?

I do not know, but one thing is sure, if we read Ben's comments, he's also not sure that 2 RB at the same time can work ....

That we don’t know...Fichtner and Ben have added new things this season that have been successful, so I’d say there’s a better chance now then ever. As far as Ben’s comments, Ben has also been known to troll the media.

DesertSteel
11-05-2018, 11:08 PM
I will be happy to see him if he comes back. I have no doubt that he will be his normal professional self while he prepares and eventually plays, and he is another weapon in the arsenal. More weapons are a good thing, especially with the schedule we're facing.
For a guy who's been suspended twice and sat out for over half a season, I don't get all of the "professional" sentiment.

11-05-2018, 11:47 PM
Some need to realize we could have a HOF QB that can still sling it. Top 5 offense line in the league. Best RB Duo in the league and best WR Duo in the league. Bring it on!

Craic
11-05-2018, 11:59 PM
For a guy who's been suspended twice and sat out for over half a season, I don't get all of the "professional" sentiment.

No, he was young and stupid when it came to pot, but it seems he's learned. I don't hold that against him. As for sitting out half a season, that's business. The professional side is how he handles himself in the locker room and on the field, and I've never seen anything but his 110 percent regardless of the situation. That's professional. He's always come into camp or the team in shape. That's professional. Yes, he took four games to get his mind and body into game-shape, but that's not something you can do outside of literally being on the football field, and the business side of the game denied him that (that is, the business side became more important. it doesn't deny his professionalism when he's under contract).

- - - Updated - - -

Some need to realize we could have a HOF QB that can still sling it. Top 5 offense line in the league. Best RB Duo in the league and best WR Duo in the league. Bring it on!

Not to mention a top 5 defense in points allowed over the last 4 games.

GoSlash27
11-06-2018, 04:05 AM
The professional side is how he handles himself in the locker room and on the field, and I've never seen anything but his 110 percent regardless of the situation.
^ This is what I'm talkin' about. Once he's in the locker room, he's a workaholic.

polamalubeast
11-06-2018, 06:37 AM

AtlantaDan
11-06-2018, 06:52 AM
No, he was young and stupid when it came to pot, but it seems he's learned. I don't hold that against him. As for sitting out half a season, that's business. The professional side is how he handles himself in the locker room and on the field, and I've never seen anything but his 110 percent regardless of the situation. That's professional. He's always come into camp or the team in shape. That's professional. Yes, he took four games to get his mind and body into game-shape, but that's not something you can do outside of literally being on the football field, and the business side of the game denied him that (that is, the business side became more important. it doesn't deny his professionalism when he's under contract).

All true about pre-2018 Bell, particularly about getting along in the locker room.

Pretty clear those relationships have changed based on what DeCastro and Tomlin have said the past few days.

If Bell returns everyone will make the best of it - it’s a business, just as it has been for those of us who had to deal with co-workers for who we had mutual disdain.

But if the situation has caused Bell to deal differently with his teammates in a less professional manner than he has in the past (the OL clearly was chapped about how he handled not reporting in September), consider the possibility it also has caused him to change his approach to this season as just something to get past rather than be all in on.

Dogging it might be one of the few ways to convince the Steelers he is not worth the hassle of possibly bringing him back under the transition tag in 2019.

Of course if a team really wants volunteers and not hostages why tag him? :noidea:

teegre
11-06-2018, 06:57 AM
Question to all of those who think Samuels is a better option than Bell...

Why not cut Bell and let him sign with the Taperiots?

Really. If Bell is so awful, why are we all so scared to just outright cut him??? #rhetorical

polamalubeast
11-06-2018, 07:05 AM

Really. If Bell is so awful, why are we all so scared to just outright cut him??? #rhetorical

Samuels is not a better option than Bell and I do not want Bell to be cut because that's what he wants.But I understand those who do not want to see Bell play another snap with the steelers, since they do not want the locker room to become toxic like at the end of the season of last year.

For the first time in a long time, we have not had a lot of drama in this locker room for at least a month ...Yes winning help, but last year, the steelers had drama almost every week despite our 13-3 season.I do not want to relive that again but it could happen, especially if Bell does not want to play a playoff game ...

Hound
11-06-2018, 07:06 AM
Cutting Bell is the dumbest thing that is being thrown out there. The Steelers are a Billion dollar company and Bell is an asset. He creates value for the company with his ability or his ability to acquire more players. Letting him go for nothing is bad business and we are talking about the Steelers and not the Browns (cutting Haden). If he becomes a distraction you bury him on the bottom of the depth chart and don’t give him a jersey on Sunday. Cutting him and getting nothing is bad business

teegre
11-06-2018, 07:12 AM
He is not a better option than Samuels and I do not want Bell to be cut because that's what he wants.But I understand those who do not want to see Bell play another snap with the steelers, since they do not want the locker room to become toxic like at the end of the season of last year.

For the first time in a long time, we have not had a lot of drama in this locker room for at least a month ...Yes winning help, but last year, the steelers had drama almost every week despite our 13-3 season.I do not want to relive that again but it could happen, especially if Bell does not want to play a playoff game ...

I stopped reading after the first part of the first sentence.

SMH

EzraTank
11-06-2018, 07:13 AM

Fairwell?

Well it's pretty clear he's not the smartest ...

AtlantaDan
11-06-2018, 07:18 AM
Fairwell?

Well it's pretty clear he's not the smartest ...
Hollywood Henderson said Bradshaw was so dumb “he couldn’t spell ‘cat’ if you spotted him the c-a.”

Bradshaw’s response: “This isn’t nuclear physics, it’s a game. How smart do you have to be?” :chuckle:

https://newsinteractive.post-gazette.com/thedigs/2017/01/06/can-terry-bradshaw-spell-cat-the-history-of-an-insult/

Dwinsgames
11-06-2018, 07:25 AM

right now Samuels is a better option , he is in football shape , he has been with the team , he has been practicing and like it or not he has done ok with the few reps he has gotten

Ridley is the man out when Bell becomes active

If you cut him .... there is no comp selection ...

keep him and you likely net a round 3 bonus pick ...

EzraTank
11-06-2018, 07:40 AM
No one is cutting Bell. That's just bad football at this point.

Bell is either signing his tender and playing/sitting/not dressed or Bell is sitting the whole season out which means he can still be tagged by us.

polamalubeast
11-06-2018, 07:43 AM
I stopped reading after the first part of the first sentence.

SMH

I wanted to say that Samuels is not a better option than Bell, I'm sorry for my huge mistake.

Dwinsgames
11-06-2018, 07:58 AM

Lady Steel
11-06-2018, 08:10 AM
So, is Bell's jetski coming up the Allegheny, Monongahela or the Ohio?

I hope he leaves the strippers where he found them.

Lady Steel
11-06-2018, 08:32 AM

:noidea:

- - - Updated - - -

Le'Veon Bell plans to return to Columbus before Pittsburgh

Le'Veon Bell (https://247sports.com/Player/LeVeon-Bell-8205) will be back in the Steel City this week. On Monday, after Bell tweeted (https://twitter.com/LeVeonBell/status/1059535911300546562) that he was leaving Miami, ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reported that Bell is going to spend a few days with family in Columbus, Ohio, before returning to Pittsburgh. Adam Crowley of ESPN Radio has reported (https://twitter.com/_adamcrowley/status/1059561925955203072) that Bell will watch Michigan State (his alma mater) take on Ohio State at the Horseshoe this Saturday.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/LeVeon-Bell-plans-to-return-to-Columbus-before-Pittsburgh-124306099/

GoSlash27
11-06-2018, 08:37 AM
So, is Bell's jetski coming up the Allegheny, Monongahela or the Ohio?

I hope he leaves the strippers where he found them.

Depending on how much he spent in Miami, he may be coming via Greyhound. :heh:

AtlantaDan
11-06-2018, 08:46 AM

:noidea:

- - - Updated - - -

Le'Veon Bell plans to return to Columbus before Pittsburgh

Le'Veon Bell (https://247sports.com/Player/LeVeon-Bell-8205) will be back in the Steel City this week. On Monday, after Bell tweeted (https://twitter.com/LeVeonBell/status/1059535911300546562) that he was leaving Miami, ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reported that Bell is going to spend a few days with family in Columbus, Ohio, before returning to Pittsburgh. Adam Crowley of ESPN Radio has reported (https://twitter.com/_adamcrowley/status/1059561925955203072) that Bell will watch Michigan State (his alma mater) take on Ohio State at the Horseshoe this Saturday.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/LeVeon-Bell-plans-to-return-to-Columbus-before-Pittsburgh-124306099/

Waiving a chance to get paid over $800K this week to stand on the sidelines at a college football game is a pretty pricey cost of admission (he could probably report and then go to Columbus since the Steelers have the weekend off)

Until the trade deadline passed I at least could provide a somewhat rational explanation why Bell would not report yet but still planned to report this season

Once that deadline passed, if he is going to report this season I have no clue how it makes sense to delay reporting

Any explanations will be appreciated

86WARD
11-06-2018, 08:48 AM
Samuels is not a better option than Bell and I do not want Bell to be cut because that's what he wants.But I understand those who do not want to see Bell play another snap with the steelers, since they do not want the locker room to become toxic like at the end of the season of last year.

How do you know he wants to get cut?

He wants to be paid. Really, that’s all we know.

polamalubeast
11-06-2018, 09:25 AM
How do you know he wants to get cut?

He wants to be paid. Really, that’s all we know.

Bell would have the chance to have his big contract more quickly if he is cut by the steelers and that's what he wants ...

EzraTank
11-06-2018, 09:36 AM
Depending on how much he spent in Miami, he may be coming via Greyhound. :heh:

Nah, Bell has a hand gun, $80,000 in cash and will be driving a stolen black Rolls Royce.

86WARD
11-06-2018, 09:48 AM
Bell would have the chance to have his big contract more quickly if he is cut by the steelers and that's what he wants ...

But you don’t know that.

Rotorhead
11-06-2018, 09:52 AM
Waiving a chance to get paid over $800K this week to stand on the sidelines at a college football game is a pretty pricey cost of admission (he could probably report and then go to Columbus since the Steelers have the weekend off)

He is clearly a fool, he will be one of those players that earned millions and 5 yrs later is dead broke bagging groceries. I honestly think there were 2 issues with him waiting so long to report:
1. He was going to fail his drug test, had to wait longer to get clean
2. He was not even close to being in shape enough to report, he has probably been working like crazy the last 2 months to get back into halfway decent shape

As for him returning, I think we will see his usual 100% (when he actually gets to play) because it will directly reflect his next contract. It will be good to have a solid backup to JC in the event of an injury.

I will just be happy when all they stupid drama of it all is over.

polamalubeast
11-06-2018, 10:10 AM

86WARD
11-06-2018, 11:06 AM

SteelersDepot has just been constantly shitting on Bell. It’s kinda annoying...lol

polamalubeast
11-06-2018, 03:40 PM
Marcellus Wiley believes Le’Veon Bell does not want the Steelers to be better without him

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/speak-for-yourself/video/1363455555912

GoSlash27
11-06-2018, 04:33 PM
So then why is he mentoring Conner and helping him improve?

DesertSteel
11-06-2018, 04:52 PM
No, he was young and stupid when it came to pot, but it seems he's learned.
Hanging out with rappers in strip clubs while his teammates are sweating it out at training camp is not learning his lesson in my book.

AtlantaDan
11-06-2018, 05:46 PM
Hanging out with rappers in strip clubs while his teammates are sweating it out at training camp is not learning his lesson in my book.

It's just been one act of trolling after another (strip clubs, jet skis, tweeting emojis after Cleveland tie, agent giving interview that this is a social justice cause to advance the legacy of struggle, Fairwell Miami, going to the OSU-Mich State game rather than report) as the Steelers have not blinked and moved on.

In terms of advancing his financial interests with the thrashing around in seeking to gain a tactical advantage all the stunts have been as empty and productive as those of the swordsman when facing off against Indiana Jones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I_Ds2ytz4o

Dwinsgames
11-06-2018, 06:43 PM

the " mentoring thing" was stated by the reporter not actually by Conner if I recall

43Hitman
11-06-2018, 06:59 PM
the " mentoring thing" was stated by the reporter not actually by Conner if I recall

Conner said it personally in an interview, heard it myself.

Craic
11-06-2018, 07:09 PM

One has nothing to do with the other. He learned that his career is in jeopardy if he touches pot, and that he has to make better decisions based on what is or is not illegal. That has absolutely nothing to do with how he spends his off time when not under contract with a team. And, making the choice not to come to camp is one of the few weapons the CBA provides for a tagged player. Again, you're confusing negotiating tactics with professionalism. His negotiation tactic this time is also a warning... don't tag me a third time. I WILL sit out, and you will lose out on having that money go to another player this year under the cap.

Had Bell been under contract, I'd be singing a very different tune. However, since he's not under contract, he has every right to exercise any and all options available to him. I think he's pretty stupid for doing it, but that doesn't take away from "professionalism." In fact, Throughout this holdout, he's conducted himself with quite a bit of professionalism. Where do you see him taking shots at players or coaches in the press? Where do you see him ripping teammates on social media? He hasn't. The biggest thing he did was send an emoji of open eyes after comments came out about him from teammates. That's it. So, no, there's nothing unprofessional about how he's handled his football self.

Now, if you want to talk about stupid personal decisions like going to a strip club or Jet Skiing or pictures of him and two women as though he has his own little harem, sure. I'm right there with you. But professional as it has anything to do with the team? Nope. Not at all. Heck, I'd say the least professional thing he's done is drop rap songs hinting at contract expectations. In this day-and-age, that's nothing.

GBMelBlount
11-06-2018, 07:10 PM
It's just been one act of trolling after another (strip clubs, jet skis, tweeting emojis after Cleveland tie, agent giving interview that this is a social justice cause to advance the legacy of struggle, Fairwell Miami, going to the OSU-Mich State game rather than report) as the Steelers have not blinked and moved on.

In terms of advancing his financial interests with the thrashing around in seeking to gain a tactical advantage all the stunts have been as empty and productive as those of the swordsman when facing off against Indiana Jones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I_Ds2ytz4o

Bwaaaahaaaahaaaa! Never gets old!

Craic
11-06-2018, 09:05 PM
Bwaaaahaaaahaaaa! Never gets old!
Supposedly, that wasn't in the script, either. Ford ad-libbed it for some reason--some say he had to run to the restroom due to a case of bad food--and then the they decided to keep it instead of the actual scene. In fact, here's an article with the original idea of the scene (them practicing the scene) on video.

https://ew.com/article/2012/09/07/indiana-jones-raiders-swordsman-exclusive-video/

Dwinsgames
11-06-2018, 10:09 PM

Craic
11-06-2018, 11:36 PM
A "source."

Meanwhile, another "source" puts him in Pittsburgh shooting hoops. All-in-all, we'd all be better off if the press would just shut up about it until he arrives. And, if he doesn't, he doesn't. The problem is that when he does arrive, everyone'll be so pissed at everything he's said and did when I doubt a third to half of it was actually even truly him saying and doing it. "A source" is a joke anymore.

pepsyman1
11-07-2018, 12:06 AM
I'd love it if he never reported. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the team reached out to him and told him they wouldn't tag him again if he just didn't report. Why deal with the drama? Go shoot some more hoops, go back to Miami.

AtlantaDan
11-07-2018, 12:18 AM
A "source."

Meanwhile, another "source" puts him in Pittsburgh shooting hoops. All-in-all, we'd all be better off if the press would just shut up about it until he arrives. And, if he doesn't, he doesn't. The problem is that when he does arrive, everyone'll be so pissed at everything he's said and did when I doubt a third to half of it was actually even truly him saying and doing it. "A source" is a joke anymore.

On Tuesday night, a photo surfaced on Twitter of the Steelers' All-Pro running back playing in a pickup basketball game at the Bridgeville LA Fitness

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Photo-emerges-of-LeVeon-Bell-hooping-in-Bridgeville-124354541/

A fitting end to this would be Bell blowing out his knee
in a pickup basketball game before signing his tag after the entire purpose for not reporting allegedly was to keep from being injured before the big payday

Next up - Le’Veon takes up snow skiing prior to reporting - what could go wrong :noidea:

FrancoLambert
11-07-2018, 07:31 AM

Bell mentoring Conner.....that’s a good one. 🤪
If we want to analyze Conner’s success it has nothing to do with Bell.

GoSlash27
11-07-2018, 07:47 AM
Bell mentoring Conner.....that’s a good one. 浪

Not saying it does. Just pointing out that he wouldn't try to help Conner if he didn't want the Steelers to improve without him. If talking heads are going to try to push a narrative about what people want or don't want, then they need to explain discrepancies in their behavior when they don't align. Still awaiting an answer to my question.

AtlantaDan
11-07-2018, 08:20 AM
Not saying it does. Just pointing out that he wouldn't try to help Conner if he didn't want the Steelers to improve without him. If talking heads are going to try to push a narrative about what people want or don't want, then they need to explain discrepancies in their behavior when they don't align. Still awaiting an answer to my question.

Sending attaboy! texts seems to be a pretty passive form of helping/mentoring (as opposed to passing along what you saw by watching the coaches 22 on NFL Game Pass, working with someone on breaking off a route or reviewing blocking schemes - no indication those sorts of discussions are going on) - but maybe that's just me

James Conner (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12317/james-conner) said today on FS1 that Bell has been incredibly supportive this season, constantly reaching out to wish him well.

“Any time I do something good on the field, I always come back to the locker room to a text from him saying ‘good game’ or ‘nice move right there,’” Conner said. “Me and Le’Veon are super cool. He’s a great person. With him holding out, people are going to call him selfish, but that’s not the case at all. This is business, and that’s my guy.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/18/james-conner-says-leveon-bell-regularly-sends-him-supportive-texts/

But props to Conner for being more upbeat about Bell than members of the O-line.

polamalubeast
11-07-2018, 09:19 AM
Report: Le’Veon Bell may not show up in 2018 after learning new info

The NFL’s collective bargaining agreement is a complicated animal, and apparently even Le’Veon Bell is still learning the ins and outs of it. According to one report, a new piece of information the star running back learned about his own situation this week has him contemplating not reporting to the Pittsburgh Steelers at all in 2018.

A source told Mark Kaboly of The Athletic that Bell is not a lock to sign his franchise tender prior to the Nov. 13 deadline after he learned that it would still be considered the third time the Steelers use the franchise tag on him if they choose to go that route again this offseason. Teams can use the franchise tag on players up to three times, and it has been widely reported that this year will only count as one of those three if Bell reports and signs the tender.

read more

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/leveon-bell-may-not-show-up-2018-new-information/472038

86WARD
11-07-2018, 09:25 AM

I’ve been saying this for weeks. I could be the source!

86WARD
11-07-2018, 09:27 AM
in a pickup basketball game before signing his tag after the entire purpose for not reporting allegedly was to keep from being injured before the big payday

Kind of a dick thing to say.

86WARD
11-07-2018, 09:28 AM
Bell mentoring Conner.....that’s a good one. 🤪

Actually Conner has said this himself and you can see some of the patience Bell had running the ball showing up in Conners run style that wasn’t there earlier in the season.

It’s not a bad thing if Bell encourages Conner...lol.

86WARD
11-07-2018, 10:18 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2012/12/decisions.gif

FrancoLambert
11-07-2018, 10:23 AM
Actually Conner has said this himself and you can see some of the patience Bell had running the ball showing up in Conners run style that wasn’t there earlier in the season.

It’s not a bad thing if Bell encourages Conner...lol.

I guess it depends on what you consider mentoring.
Encouragement, pats on the back....well, I’ve received those myself and for me that doesn’t qualify as mentoring.
Support from Bell, OK, I’ll buy that....but that’s different than mentoring.

steelreserve
11-07-2018, 10:33 AM

no no no no no, do you not get how this works?

A dick move would be saying you hope he blows out his knee in his first game back, or something else he has no control over (although that would still be ironic).

Having bad things happen as a result of the player's own stupidity is fine, because they are doing it to themselves. If I said I hope he gets a DUI - well, there's an easy way to avoid that.

AtlantaDan
11-07-2018, 11:52 AM

I am not wishing for an injury

I am saying that given what a cluster Bell's holdout has been it would be fitting that it ends with a screwed up resolution having nothing to do with what has been his day job

FWIW if you are working without a contract, playing pickup basketball with a bunch of athlete wannabes at the Bridgeville LA Fitness who might accidentally injure you because they want one of the Steelers to know they got game is not a best practice when you want to max out your health for 2019

Sorry you took it the wrong way but if you want to call me a dick about it I will get over it somehow :drink:

86WARD
11-07-2018, 11:58 AM
I am not wishing for an injury

I am saying that given what a cluster Bell's holdout has been it would be fitting that it ends with a screwed up resolution

FWIW if you are working without a contract paying pickup basketball with a bunch of athlete wannabes at the Bridgeville LA Fitness who migt accidentally injure yiu to Bell they got game is not a best practice

Sorry you took it the wrong way but if you want to call me a dick about it I will get over it somehow :drink:

Didn’t call you a dick but saying it would be a fitting end kinda comes across as you’d be happy that it would end with Bell getting injured and that’s a kinda of a dick thing to say. Especially around here with all the hate towards Bell. If that’s not what you meant, that’s fine (I’ll call you a dick, but not for this ;) ) and you’re right...as much as a clusterfuck the Bell situation has been, it wouldn’t be surprising if that happened. If that was really Bell...

polamalubeast
11-07-2018, 11:59 AM
Worst of Le'Veon Bell's rude awakenings in Steelers holdout still to come

There's a scene in the movie "Heaven Can Wait" in which tycoon Warren Beatty buys the Rams and installs himself as the starting quarterback. In his first practice, the disgruntled offensive linemen let the D-line through untouched, and they repeatedly smash Beatty to the ground.

When and if he reports to the Steelers over the next week, Le’Veon Bell should hope Pro Bowl guard David DeCastro and his Pittsburgh cohorts don't have similar plans for a welcoming.

Bell, 26, has until Tuesday to show up and sign his franchise tender, or he can't play this season. He apparently has left Miami and returned to Pittsburgh, to which DeCastro's reaction was, "It doesn't matter. Why waste more energy on it?” Coach Mike Tomlin said something similar regarding Bell on Sunday: "We need volunteers, not hostages."

Talk about awkward if Bell actually does report.

I'm on record as saying this is the most ridiculous holdout I've ever seen and a huge misjudgment on the part of Bell and his agent Adisa Bakari. Rather than playing under the one-year, $14.544 million tender (not exactly chump change), Bell decided to forego $855,529 per week by not reporting. After Week 9, the money-lost tally is at $7.7 million.

What has made matters worse for Bell: The longer this has dragged on, the better Steelers running back James Conner has played. And Pittsburgh, 5-2-1 and the leader of the NFC North, is surviving just fine. If Bell reports now, he’ll be an expensive backup to Conner.

Suffice it to say that this holdout has not gone as Bell expected. And his rudest awakening could lie ahead.

read more

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers-holdout-rude-awakening/1f5bff97o65py16wmk6iog0qsu

AtlantaDan
11-07-2018, 12:03 PM
Didn’t call you a dick but saying it would be a fitting end kinda comes across as you’d be happy that it would end with Bell getting injured and that’s a kinda of a dick thing to say. Especially around here with all the hate towards Bell. If that’s not what you meant, that’s fine (I’ll call you a dick, but not for this ;) ) and you’re right...as much as a clusterfuck the Bell situation has been, it wouldn’t be surprising if that happened. If that was really Bell...

Only player in the league I would like to see injured is Burfict (even with him not talking catastrophic Ryan Shazier type injury) through a player intentionally taking him out

I think Bell has botched his holdout but I hope he makes it to 2019 in one piece and someone else is dumb enough to overpay him

:drink:

GoSlash27
11-07-2018, 12:13 PM
The O line is too professional for that, as is Big Ben. They want to win, same as Bell.

polamalubeast
11-07-2018, 03:22 PM
If Bell would have intended to play this year, he would join the team today to have his game check for the game against the Panthers.So I do not think Bell will join the team next week.

DesertSteel
11-07-2018, 03:39 PM
My only fear is that the coaching staff will disrupt the continuity that's developed with Conner to try and work in their $856K a week man. Team chemistry is very good now and a team cancer is not what they need.

steelreserve
11-07-2018, 03:49 PM
If Bell would have intended to play this year, he would join the team today to have his game check for the game against the Panthers.So I do not think Bell will join the team next week.

Well, nobody accused the guy of being smart about money, so I'd say it's still up in the air.

AtlantaDan
11-07-2018, 03:56 PM
Well, nobody accused the guy of being smart about money, so I'd say it's still up in the air.

Michigan State hosts Nebraska on November 17 so he might need to get attending that game off his bucket list too

Fire Goodell
11-07-2018, 04:25 PM
The O line is too professional for that, as is Big Ben. They want to win, same as Bell.

Bell cares more about the $$ than winning. If winning was important to him, he would have been in training camp

GoSlash27
11-07-2018, 04:30 PM

I think Bell will hold out until the last minute, just to be hard- headed. He doesn't mind losing the money, but he probably would mind losing the credit for an entire season. I also think the Steelers are happy to have him him stay away as long as possible.

But once (if) he shows up and signs the tender, the Steelers will conduct themselves 100% professionally.

polamalubeast
11-07-2018, 06:08 PM

- - - Updated - - -

BlackAndGold
11-07-2018, 06:27 PM
Such a child move. Who writes something upside down?

GoSlash27
11-07-2018, 06:27 PM
Bell cares more about the $$ than winning. If winning was important to him, he would have been in training camp

This is absolutely true, but only when he's not playing football. He's all about the money, his crappy rap albums, holding out, and partying in the off season.
But the moment he gets into football mode, he is 100% about winning.

We've been watching this for years and should all be aware of it by now...

43Hitman
11-07-2018, 06:30 PM

Your avatar describes my feelings exactly.

GoSlash27
11-07-2018, 06:31 PM

:sofunny: ¿ʇɥƃᴉɹ 'ʍouʞ I

43Hitman
11-07-2018, 06:33 PM
:sofunny: ¿ʇɥƃᴉɹ 'ʍouʞ I:buttkick:

BlackAndGold
11-07-2018, 06:38 PM
:sofunny: ¿ʇɥƃᴉɹ 'ʍouʞ I

Lmao

- - - Updated - - -

A+ tweet

tube517
11-07-2018, 06:44 PM

43Hitman
11-07-2018, 06:44 PM
Lmao

- - - Updated - - -

A+ tweet

ROASTED! :toofunny:

Craic
11-07-2018, 06:47 PM

That's quite the statement. Would you hold the same thing to be true for Hines Ward? Jack Lambert? Mel Blount? Franco Harris? or Rod Woodson? Because, they all held out as well. Hell, Blount even sued Noll while he was a Steelers for 5 million for defamation of character because he included Blount as one of the "Criminal Element" in the NFL when he was deposed (in the lawsuit by the Raiders). So, no, once again, there's two sides of the sport. Business and onfield. One isn't more important than the other.

After all, do you care more about your company making the quarterly sales goal than you do your own personal financial health? Probably not. Does that mean you don't care about your company winning at all? My guess is you do care, but not at what you'd consider the expense of your own financial health. And, before you talk about the millions... that's perspective. Everyone else is making millions as well.

polamalubeast
11-07-2018, 06:51 PM
That's quite the statement. Would you hold the same thing to be true for Hines Ward? Jack Lambert? Mel Blount? Franco Harris? or Rod Woodson? Because, they all held out as well. Hell, Blount even sued Noll while he was a Steelers for 5 million for defamation of character because he included Blount as one of the "Criminal Element" in the NFL when he was deposed (in the lawsuit by the Raiders). So, no, once again, there's two sides of the sport. Business and onfield. One isn't more important than the other.

After all, do you care more about your company making the quarterly sales goal than you do your own personal financial health? Probably not. Does that mean you don't care about your company winning at all? My guess is you do care, but not at what you'd consider the expense of your own financial health. And, before you talk about the millions... that's perspective. Everyone else is making millions as well.

Please .... Bell is just in another level ...Most hated Athlete in Pittsburgh since Barry Bonds and it's his fault.

polamalubeast
11-07-2018, 07:00 PM
With all his tweets, drama, suspensions, rap, it's been a long time since I'm sick and tired of Bell....All he wants is attention ....

Of course, he will not admit it, but he wanted the steelers to be horrible without him this year .... his ego is so big

This year, the steelers have very little drama, if we exclude his drama and the drama after the games against the chiefs and one of the big reasons, is that Bell is not in the locker room ...If he is back with us, which is very doubtful at this point, the drama of the steelers will start again and it will be very bad for the team.

lipps83
11-07-2018, 07:00 PM
Bell was given the biggest offer ever for a running back, and it wasn't good enough for his ego. This is a guy that thinks he is bigger than the sport.

Screw him. I don't want to see him get hurt (don't want to see anyone get hurt ever, would maybe make a Burfict exception). I want to see him NOT get paid.

Ever.

polamalubeast
11-07-2018, 07:02 PM

Born2Steel
11-07-2018, 07:04 PM
"A #Steelers Player".

Shoes
11-07-2018, 07:11 PM
Bell will be back just in time for the oline to forget their blocking assignments.

GoSlash27
11-07-2018, 07:18 PM
:buttkick:

Yeah, that's fair. :drink:

AtlantaDan
11-07-2018, 07:41 PM
"A #Steelers Player".

Bet her anonymous source wasn’t DeCastro, Foster or AV - they have gone on the record that they are sick of this bullshit

Sounds too articulate to be Ben

Fire Goodell
11-07-2018, 07:50 PM

Well ok maybe the training camp statement was an exaggeration. However, I don't like how he stiffed his teammates and kept both them and the organization in the dark about his intentions. THIS is what makes me believe he cares more about himself than the team. And this is why I believe he cares about the money more than winning a championship.

I'm 100% convinced this guy would be more happy with his career if he becomes the highest paid RB of all time, piling up stats on a perennial crap team that never wins a championship, over being the 2nd highest paid RB in the league and winning championships. I mean that's what he turned down (though at the time he would have been the highest paid if he accepted).

He wants more guaranteed money? That's not gonna happen with his injury and suspension history. Of course, his passive-aggressive attitude toward the organization in his tweets and rap songs do NOT help his cause one bit. The FO will show him the money as long as he shows them the production, which I think is fair.

In any case, I can't be more glad with how this played out. The more he holds out, the more cap money we get rolled over to sign a big contract next season. Not to mention Conner is exceeding Bell's PRIME production, and is a much more likeable character to cheer for.

Born2Steel
11-07-2018, 07:52 PM
Bet her anonymous source wasn’t DeCastro, Foster or AV - they have gone on the record that they are sick of this bullshit

Sounds too articulate to be Ben

Right. Doesn't sound anything like what a '#Steelers Player' would say. Not at this point. Unless they were telling HER to quit asking the same question every day. For HER to 'let us all move forward'.

11-07-2018, 07:58 PM

Sounds too articulate to be Ben Was Ridley aka Mark Felt.

Fire Goodell
11-07-2018, 08:00 PM
Was Ridley aka Mark Felt.

Maybe it was Dobbs, being a genius and all he's smart enough to leave his name out of it :chuckle:

Steeler-in-west
11-07-2018, 08:18 PM
I don’t think this guy cares about the team. Still say this guy’s agent is encouraging him with this social justice me first stuff.

AtlantaDan
11-07-2018, 08:22 PM

Good call :thumbsup:

Ridley has the motive to egg on Bell into not reporting with planted quotes since Ridley is the one getting whacked if Bell ever shows up :chuckle:

smokin3000gt
11-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Just about everybody has an opinion on my life & worried about what I’m doing...don’t judge me off my decisions because maybe this isn’t what you’d do...but most people don’t take the time to just simply read between the lines… & that’s clearly on them..."

For some it's the decision he's made, for others it's how he handled himself in the process. He could have made the same choice and done it without trolling the team and the fans. He could have also been more honest about his intentions. If you intend to hold out for the season that's fine but don't tell the team and everyone that you'll be there then not show up.

tube517
11-07-2018, 08:42 PM

My guess: Kameron Canaday

Bluecoat96
11-07-2018, 09:50 PM
Personally, I think his agent is complete scum. He (the agent) strikes me as the kind of douchebag that is convinced that because he has a degree, his opinions on certain things carry more weight. I really hate those kind of assholes. I am convinced he (douchebag agent) has preyed upon a very sensitive kid in Leveon and has filled his head with poison. I think Bell has a real need for some sort of father figure to be in his life, and he's latched onto this snake of an agent.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Craic
11-07-2018, 10:32 PM
Well ok maybe the training camp statement was an exaggeration. However, I don't like how he stiffed his teammates and kept both them and the organization in the dark about his intentions. THIS is what makes me believe he cares more about himself than the team. And this is why I believe he cares about the money more than winning a championship.
See, now this has merit. I might disagree to a point, but there's a lot of sense here. And, I think you are absolutely right in how he treated his teammates. That's where he failed. Had he kept them in the loops, this would have been an entirely different scenario, even with Conner's play.

I'm 100% convinced this guy would be more happy with his career if he becomes the highest paid RB of all time, piling up stats on a perennial crap team that never wins a championship, over being the 2nd highest paid RB in the league and winning championships. I mean that's what he turned down (though at the time he would have been the highest paid if he accepted).

I don't know about that. He's continually said he wants to be with the Steelers. He's also said he wants to be paid more. That tells me that understands the importance of being on a good team, he just wants to be guaranteed the money.

He wants more guaranteed money? That's not gonna happen with his injury and suspension history. Of course, his passive-aggressive attitude toward the organization in his tweets and rap songs do NOT help his cause one bit. The FO will show him the money as long as he shows them the production, which I think is fair.

I can't disagree with anything here. Although I understand what Bell is saying, I, too, agree that Bell was wrong for not taking that bet on himself. Brown did, and look how it turned out for him. Now, he's not producing like he used to (except in TDs) and the crowd is saying what . . . "That's okay, he's still doing it when it really counts." Bell completely screwed up.

In any case, I can't be more glad with how this played out. The more he holds out, the more cap money we get rolled over to sign a big contract next season.
In some ways, agree here as well. However, I would have been a lot happier had it played out with Bell signing the contract offer.

Not to mention Conner is exceeding Bell's PRIME production,
Um, no. That's not actually true. Bell's prime production had him at 4.9 yards per carry over a two years period with three fumbles TOTAL (that's over 18 games). Isolating that to 2016, Bell had an 8.2 yard average reception as well with 75 reception. Projecting Conner, he has a 4.7 average yard per carry and 10 yard average per catch at a projected 76 receptions. However, he also projects out to have over twice as many fumbles in an 18 game period. Personally, I'd take Bell's numbers over Conner's numbers because of ball security and a better rushing average, since we're comparing Bell in his prime.

and is a much more likeable character to cheer for.
No argument there.

polamalubeast
11-08-2018, 05:40 AM

polamalubeast
11-08-2018, 05:48 AM
This is since 2015 but...

86WARD
11-08-2018, 06:34 AM
My only fear is that the coaching staff will disrupt the continuity that's developed with Conner to try and work in their $856K a week man. Team chemistry is very good now and a team cancer is not what they need.

That’s the thing though...he’s not a team cancer when he’s there. He’s actually a very good teammate and as we know, a very good football player. He has just mishandled this holdout thing from the very beginning and believe he just misjudged and misplayed the whole thing. I don’t know, but I don’t put it 100% on Bell. His agent has dealings in this as well so I’m not convinced it was 100% Bell. I think he’s making poor decisions and getting bad advice.

I waiver back and forth on whether or not I want or care if he returns...

86WARD
11-08-2018, 06:35 AM

I wouldn’t even know where to start but I feel like it’s something I should know how to do...lol.

86WARD
11-08-2018, 06:39 AM

That could be good though. Other people focusing on Bell and forgetting about the other 53 guys.

polamalubeast
11-08-2018, 06:44 AM
That’s the thing though...he’s not a team cancer when he’s there. He’s actually a very good teammate and as we know, a very good football player. He has just mishandled this holdout thing from the very beginning and believe he just misjudged and misplayed the whole thing. I don’t know, but I don’t put it 100% on Bell. His agent has dealings in this as well so I’m not convinced it was 100% Bell. I think he’s making poor decisions and getting bad advice.

The problem is that his focus is not at the right place .... I mean, just look at his comments before the playoff game against the Jaguars when he talked about his contract ....

teegre
11-08-2018, 06:49 AM

In his defense, Le’Veon is going to be playing the role of Will in Season 3 of Stranger Things. (Mike Wallace will be playing the role of Barb.)

86WARD
11-08-2018, 06:49 AM
The problem is that his focus is not at the right place .... I mean, just look at his comments before the playoff game against the Jaguars when he talked about his contract ....

But that doesn’t make him a team cancer. Also, about “focus”, one could say similar about AB and his Facebook live posts of a Tomlin in the locker room. His “focus” wasn’t really “there”. But it is on the field. Ben is good for a couple dumb comments a season, but he performs on field. LeVeon has performed on field and really, that’s all that matters.

AtlantaDan
11-08-2018, 06:56 AM

If he does not sign by the Tuesday deadline we are done with it. Then the only stories will be "what if" in terms of how Bell being on the team would help the offense. Pretty easy for the players to say quit asking me - he is gone.

If Bell does come back every damn week is going to be more stories and questions about whether Bell and Conner are being properly used. Since Bell cannot leave this alone and is back to tweeting about his plight this week while engaging in stunts like dropping by LA Fitness to shoot some hoops certainly a possibility he will stir the pot if he does come back. A lot has happened since Bell was the good teammate and locker room presence 10 months ago.

Showing off his tweeting skills by posting one upside down is the act of someone who wants attention. Steelers may no longer want any part of that toxicity going forward.

There has been speculation that Bell and the Steelers may have already come to an informal understanding, one in which they agree to simply let him walk in free agency without placing any tag on him, if he stays away from the team for the rest of the season. It’s possible, if the Steelers have yet to clearly signal that they are willing to go along with this arrangement, that his arrival in Pittsburgh is meant to prod them into doing so.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/11/08/leveon-bell-back-pittsburgh-still-tweeting-rather-than-reporting-steelers/?utm_term=.b69ec9d6f163
(https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/11/08/leveon-bell-back-pittsburgh-still-tweeting-rather-than-reporting-steelers/?utm_term=.b69ec9d6f163)

polamalubeast
11-08-2018, 06:59 AM
I don't think the steelers want Bell back....

polamalubeast
11-08-2018, 08:11 AM

Shoes
11-08-2018, 09:22 AM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/07/are-steelers-trying-to-get-leveon-bell-to-not-show-up/

polamalubeast
11-08-2018, 10:47 AM

steelreserve
11-08-2018, 10:58 AM

I thought the rule was the franchise tag is the QB amount if he signs this year's and shows up, but if he doesn't, it's considered as if 2018 never happened and it is the same amount as this year.

AtlantaDan
11-08-2018, 11:17 AM
I thought the rule was the franchise tag is the QB amount if he signs this year's and shows up, but if he doesn't, it's considered as if 2018 never happened and it is the same amount as this year.

It addresses a contingency that probably was seen as highly unlikely. But appears the appropriate interpretation is when CBA says "designating" a player under exclusive franchise tag for third time triggers the QB amount that is regardless of whether or not two previous designations resulted in both tenders under that designation being accepted by the player.

Any Club that designates a player as a Franchise Player for the third time shall, on the date the third such designation is made, be deemed to have tendered the player a one year NFL Player Contract for the greater of: (A) the average of the five largest Prior Year Salaries for players at the position (within the categories set forth in Section 7(a) below) with the highest such average; (B) 120% of the average of the five largest Prior Year Salaries for players at the position (within the categories set forth in Section 7(a) below) at which the player participated in the most plays during the prior League Year; or (C) 144% of his Prior Year Salary. (By way of example, a kicker desig-nated as a Franchise Player for the third time in the 2014 League Year would have a Required Tender equal to the greater of: (i) the average of the five largest 2013 Salaries for quarterbacks; (ii)120% ofthe average of the five largest 2013 Salaries for kickers; or (iii) 144% of the player’s own 2013 Salary.) If the Club designates the player as a Franchise Player for the third time, the designating Club shall be the only Club with which the player may negotiate or sign a Player Contract. In lieu of designating such a player as a Franchise Player for the third time, any Club may designate such player as a Transition Player.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Active%20Players/2011%20CBA%20Updated%20with%20Side%20Letters%20thr u%201-5-15.pdf

If the agent actually did not know this it is LOL funny (while also being gross incompetence for someone who is supposed to know this as part of his job) and shows his legacy of struggle includes reading comprehension.

steelreserve
11-08-2018, 12:03 PM
It addresses a contingency that probably was seen as highly unlikely. But appears the appropriate interpretation is when CBA says "designating" a player under exclusive franchise tag for third time triggers the QB amount that is regardless of whether or not two previous designations resulted in both tenders under that designation being accepted by the player.

Any Club that designates a player as a Franchise Player for the third time shall, on the date the third such designation is made, be deemed to have tendered the player a one year NFL Player Contract for the greater of: (A) the average of the five largest Prior Year Salaries for players at the position (within the categories set forth in Section 7(a) below) with the highest such average; (B) 120% of the average of the five largest Prior Year Salaries for players at the position (within the categories set forth in Section 7(a) below) at which the player participated in the most plays during the prior League Year; or (C) 144% of his Prior Year Salary. (By way of example, a kicker desig-nated as a Franchise Player for the third time in the 2014 League Year would have a Required Tender equal to the greater of: (i) the average of the five largest 2013 Salaries for quarterbacks; (ii)120% ofthe average of the five largest 2013 Salaries for kickers; or (iii) 144% of the player’s own 2013 Salary.) If the Club designates the player as a Franchise Player for the third time, the designating Club shall be the only Club with which the player may negotiate or sign a Player Contract. In lieu of designating such a player as a Franchise Player for the third time, any Club may designate such player as a Transition Player.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Active%20Players/2011%20CBA%20Updated%20with%20Side%20Letters%20thr u%201-5-15.pdf

If the agent actually did not know this it is LOL funny (while also being gross incompetence for someone who is supposed to know this as part of his job) and shows his legacy of struggle includes reading comprehension.

Looks to me like that's 144 percent of the prior year salary ... which would not be 144 percent of $14.5 million (which is what produces the $21 million number). Since he didn't have any salary at all in 2018, it would either be 120 percent of the last time he DID earn a salary, which was $12 million (so the same $14.5 million tag) or 144 percent of $12 million ($17 million), to be argued about in arbitration of course and depending on the outcome of what you pointed out, the "designated" versus "actually played" question.

But I have heard numerous times that the QB-money $21 million is off the table if he does not play at all this year, which this rule seems to agree with. Then there are the other theories that if you consider his actual earnings in 2018 instead of the tag amount, the 144% part becomes less than the top 5 average running back salaries, so they would use that and the tag amount would be the same or less than this year. Again, that would probably wind up in a grievance and/or court.

As if we would do this again anyway in the event that he sits out for a whole season.

Fire Goodell
11-08-2018, 12:05 PM
So basically he has no reason to sign the tag this year, if next year his price for being tagged still goes through the roof? Yeah he's not going to show.

In any case if Conner stays healthy there's no way we even tag him for 14.5. Would rather just give Conner an early contract like Gurley than deal with more Bell drama

86WARD
11-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Seems like there’s never going to be an answer until Next offseason no matter what happens this season...lol

polamalubeast
11-08-2018, 03:15 PM
Jason Whitlock: James Conner and the Steelers’ success is bothering Le’Veon Bell

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/speak-for-yourself/video/1365437507962

Shoes
11-08-2018, 03:29 PM
Jason Whitlock: James Conner and the Steelers’ success is bothering Le’Veon Bell

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/speak-for-yourself/video/1365437507962

I think Bell expected Conner to flop or get injured then everyone would be begging him to come back.

86WARD
11-08-2018, 03:36 PM
It’s actually more annoying that these media heads are coming up with these theories and acting like it’s fact. No one knows what Bell is actually thinking.

The writing integrity in this day and age is just atrocious.

polamalubeast
11-08-2018, 03:43 PM
It’s actually more annoying that these media heads are coming up with these theories and acting like it’s fact. No one knows what Bell is actually thinking.

His reaction on twitter after our tie game against the Browns meant everything ....

If Conner and our steelers offense would not have been good, Bell would have a very good chance of having a big contract, but now many have doubts if he will have the contract he wants, since some are wondering if he is a product the system (or o-line)

Shoes
11-08-2018, 03:56 PM

We know one thing he's thinking...big money. And he'll take it any way he can, via another team or looking like the knight in shining armor if Conner flopped.

polamalubeast
11-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Le'Veon Bell removes association with Steelers on social media accounts

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14268777-74/leveon-bell-removes-association-with-steelers-on-social-media-accounts

Fire Goodell
11-08-2018, 04:16 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/PQTalIfdMmcqk/giphy.gif

86WARD
11-08-2018, 04:38 PM

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14268777-74/leveon-bell-removes-association-with-steelers-on-social-media-accounts

Lol. Did that just take place? Awesomeness.

Fire Goodell
11-08-2018, 04:44 PM
Gurley might have paid off but I bet AZ is kicking themselves for giving DJ that huge contract. Now they're cap strapped and possibly one of the worst teams in the league. This aint the 70s, you don't build a team around a RB

AtlantaDan
11-08-2018, 04:47 PM

His bag of tricks is getting close to empty

Sad!

polamalubeast
11-08-2018, 04:48 PM
Gurley might have paid off but I bet AZ is kicking themselves for giving DJ that huge contract. Now they're cap strapped and possibly one of the worst teams in the league. This aint the 70s, you don't build a team around a RB

And the Rams could give a big contract to Gurley, since Goff is in the middle of his rookie contract.

And even that, it's not like the steelers were cheap to Bell in the last 2 years.

Fire Goodell
11-08-2018, 04:54 PM
And the Rams could give a big contract to Gurley, since Goff is in the middle of his rookie contract.

And even that, it's not like the steelers were cheap to Bell in the last 2 years.

Yep. Only reason why TG and Donald got huge contracts is cause they don't have to pay their QB "Franchise QB money" yet. As soon as that happens... :chuckle:

polamalubeast
11-08-2018, 05:10 PM

polamalubeast
11-08-2018, 05:26 PM

Fire Goodell
11-08-2018, 05:30 PM
The more I think about it, it doesn't make sense for Bell to sign with the Steelers. Not really one bit, unless he wants the rest of that 6M which is not the kind of money he wants.

1- What worse way to drop your draft stock, coming in and basically playing backup to a 2nd year player?
2- Bell's ego, he wants to be the man. He's not going to be 'the man'. Conner earned that title. There's only room for 1 big dog at RB and if Bell isn't that guy, he won't be happy for long, paycheck or not.
3- His o-line pretty much is POed at him. Shots were taken at him by the QB and HC. He is not in a good spot and him coming back will be awkward.
4- He could probably salvage this if he becomes the bigger man and apologizes to his teammates saying it's just business, but that won't happen because of #2
5- He also pissed off the majority of the fans, not sure if he has any love for the city anymore

polamalubeast
11-08-2018, 06:22 PM

DesertSteel
11-08-2018, 06:27 PM
The more I think about it, it doesn't make sense for Bell to sign with the Steelers. Not really one bit, unless he wants the rest of that 6M which is not the kind of money he wants.

1- What worse way to drop your draft stock, coming in and basically playing backup to a 2nd year player?
2- Bell's ego, he wants to be the man. He's not going to be 'the man'. Conner earned that title. There's only room for 1 big dog at RB and if Bell isn't that guy, he won't be happy for long, paycheck or not.
3- His o-line pretty much is POed at him. Shots were taken at him by the QB and HC. He is not in a good spot and him coming back will be awkward.
4- He could probably salvage this if he becomes the bigger man and apologizes to his teammates saying it's just business, but that won't happen because of #2
5- He also pissed off the majority of the fans, not sure if he has any love for the city anymore
Right on the money!

GoSlash27
11-08-2018, 06:42 PM
I've been laughing my ass off at "bye Felicia" gifs
https://media.giphy.com/media/TMlzgSlybM3fy/200.gif

Bluecoat96
11-08-2018, 06:53 PM

And even that, it's not like the steelers were cheap to Bell in the last 2 years.But..but...the mean old Steelers don't understand the plight of the African American athlete! At least that's what Bell's agent will preach.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

AtlantaDan
11-08-2018, 06:54 PM
Schefter and Rapoport apparently carrying water for their source Bakari with these tweets

Rotorhead
11-09-2018, 12:07 AM
“Team wants him back badly”?? WTF is he smoking?

stillers4me
11-09-2018, 05:37 AM
:sofunny:

teegre
11-09-2018, 06:48 AM
Last night, on NFL Network, Reggie Bush (I think) said something about how “scary good” the Steelers offense will be once Bell is getting those 7-8 carries per game (the ones that Ridley & Samuels have been getting). Bush said that the Steelers already have the best offense in the NFL... and “just imagine” when Bell is the guy who is giving Conner a rest.

Two things that I found interesting:

1. Yep, this offense is already really, really ridiculously good(-looking). Adding Bell would take them to a level never seen before in the NFL.

2. He used the word “will”... not “if” Bell returns. I’m sure that Bush has ZERO inside info, but he obviously thinks that Bell returning is a done deal.

AtlantaDan
11-09-2018, 07:11 AM
Last night, on NFL Network, Reggie Bush (I think) said something about how “scary good” the Steelers offense will be once Bell is getting those 7-8 carries per game (the ones that Ridley & Samuels have been getting). Bush said that the Steelers already have the best offense in the NFL... and “just imagine” when Bell is the guy who is giving Conner a rest.

Two things that I found interesting:

1. Yep, this offense is already really, really ridiculously good(-looking). Adding Bell would take them to a level never seen before in the NFL.

2. He used the word “will”... not “if” Bell returns. I’m sure that Bush has ZERO inside info, but he obviously thinks that Bell returning is a done deal.

Bush could be talking to Bell every day and still could not be certain what is going to happen because IMO Bell could change his mind several times between now and the signing deadline

Bell is a great player but his latest game playing this week (Fairwell Miami, lurking in Pittsburgh with media stunts like playing basketball at a local gym, taking affiliation with the Steelers off his Twitter account, then tweeting out support for JuJu & Conner last night) has confirmed my view he is frustrated by how this has turned out and now just wants attention.

If he wants attention having to share with Conner might not please him if he comes back.

If he is coming back there is absolutely no reason not to have done it after the trade deadline passed (unless he miscalculated how long it would take to get the THC out of his system and keeps failing self-administered drug screening tests)

So for now I am guessing he stays away. :noidea:

Dwinsgames
11-09-2018, 08:58 AM

ALLD
11-09-2018, 09:12 AM
Dude is a bonehead. Even if he comes back he isn't going to get more money than he would have had he played out the offered contract. If he is that afraid of injury, then he is not worth the $.

86WARD
11-09-2018, 09:26 AM

That’s a Madden reference...if you are losing by 21 or more it’s time to pass the “sticks”/controller.

smokin3000gt
11-09-2018, 10:26 AM
That’s a Madden reference...if you are losing by 21 or more it’s time to pass the “sticks”/controller.

Thanks.. I read it as 'time to pass the baton'

FrancoLambert
11-09-2018, 10:57 AM
Le’Veon was pretty sure (and hoping for it IMO) that without him the Steelers would fall flat on their faces.
OOPS....:yield:

Passing the sticks/baton to JC as the lead RB....:applaudit:

11-09-2018, 01:22 PM
That’s a Madden reference...if you are losing by 21 or more it’s time to pass the “sticks”/controller. Thanks and had no clue. Thought it was a new name for a blount or smoking weed from a vap cig.

Mojouw
11-09-2018, 01:31 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/1Qdp4trljSkY8/giphy.gif

HollywoodSteel
11-09-2018, 01:56 PM
I honestly do hope he returns to the Steelers for the rest of the season. There is no downside to it for the Steelers.

If Conner gets hurt, we’ve now seen that our back ups are below the line. Our Oline is great, but it’s total BS that ANYONE would by a great RB behind this line.

Conner is great behind them. So is Bell. Even if Bell hardly gets on the field it’s worth having him in case of injury to Conner. I think we need at least one of them for any chance at a championship.

Bell certainly has every reason at this point to sit out the rest of the season... except that if he comes back, and is an excellent teammate and role player, he will up his stock in this league. ESPECIALLY if he helps us win a championship.

Yes, Bell seems to have unpredictable incentives, but he has a tremendous ego. After seeing what a truly dominant team the Steelers can be now, I think he might be getting visions of leaving Pittsburgh with a shiny new ring to go along with his big free agency contract to come.

Bell is really hard to predict, and I don’t think it’s pure economics that drives him. He’s already proved that by making financial mistakes.

He wants to be important. He wants to be the hero. And in the end he might come back just to not be excluded from a potential championship.

Now he KNOWS the Steelers can possibly win it without him. I think such a thing would crush him inside because he sees that potential storyline coming, and he hates the notion.

That’s the only reason I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes back to us

And if he does, we should welcome him back with open arms.

Not saying that he doesn’t deserve your animosity. I’m saying deserve’s got nothing to do with it. I’d rather everyone kiss and make up today, so that they maximize their chances of kissing the sticky Lombardy tomorrow.

Fire Goodell
11-09-2018, 02:05 PM
The only thing I'm worried about Bell returning, is if it's going to screw with the chemistry we have going on. The offense is smoking hot right now.

However, we did see what drop off we have when Conner went out. Ridley and Samuels look like decent backups, but don't have that same acceleration / burst you see with Bell and Conner. With Conner having a concussion, maybe the team and fans will be a little more open to accepting Bell back in the locker room? A Conner injury could easily derail the season, he's a big reason why the Steelers have the success they have right now.

Samuels looks natural at receiving the ball though, I feel he can be one of those Mewelde Moore type of players who can produce if his number's called. Ridley can pound the rock, but he definitely doesn't have Conner's explosion, which doesn't make him a big play threat

86WARD
11-09-2018, 02:36 PM
Ridley looks horrible to me

86WARD
11-09-2018, 03:15 PM

I’m reading it as it’s his turn next...as in he will be coming back next week...

fansince'76
11-09-2018, 03:20 PM

In Bell's case, more like pass the "dutchie." :smoker:

:chuckle:

polamalubeast
11-09-2018, 03:44 PM
At this point, with the news of Dez Bryant, I do not expect Bell to be back next week ....

AtlantaDan
11-09-2018, 04:05 PM
Fun facts from the Post-Gazette

The Steelers are in the midst of one of their best offensive stretches in franchise history. They are averaging 35.4 points per game during a five-game winning streak, and the 52-point outburst against Carolina on Thursday night boosted their season average to 31 points per game.

The 177 points are the most for the Steelers in a five-game stretch in team history, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. That’s one more than the previous record of 176 during a five-game stretch in the 2015 season.

Now here’s the news Adisa Bakari, the agent for Le’Veon Bell, does not want NFL general managers to read: Bell took part in none of those 10 contests.

That’s right. Zero.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/11/09/le-veon-bell-news-contract-steelers-james-conner-concussion/stories/201811090127

Does that mean Bell will not be a great addition for the stretch drive - of course not

But any GM has to wonder whether it might be better to invest for 2019 and beyond in an O-line and a lower priced back than bet the house on Bell

The P-G sums up the greatest contribution Bell would bring to the 2018 Steelers at this point

It might be prudent to have a weekly $1 million insurance policy on Conner

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/11/09/le-veon-bell-news-contract-steelers-james-conner-concussion/stories/201811090127

polamalubeast
11-09-2018, 06:36 PM
18 millions per year for Le'Veon???

j-d-s
11-09-2018, 06:48 PM
Well, there are always teams with a stupid front office and too much cap space.

Shoes
11-09-2018, 07:14 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/09/leveon-bell-shouldnt-show-up/

Craic
11-09-2018, 07:26 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/09/leveon-bell-shouldnt-show-up/

Just another stupid article rehashing the same stuff, and more stupid comments below it. "Bell will never make the money up!" Idiots. It was about total payout. It was about guaranteed payout. Bell has it in his mind that he need a large guarantee against injury. That's it. Period. It's not about anything else.

And, that's why teams are stupid if they pay it, because a player in his position at his age after 2 season-ending injuries wanting that guarantee should send massive red flags to any potential employer.

st33lersguy
11-09-2018, 07:47 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

Fire Goodell
11-09-2018, 09:52 PM

And that's why he's not a GM.

Said team that pays that much for a RB will be like Detroit with Sanders. But worse, having a good running back that isn't a generational talent so, the 90s lions without the highlight reels and consistent 6-10 records

BlackAndGold
11-10-2018, 06:39 AM
After what happened to Dez Bryant, that may have given him another reason not to return.

AtlantaDan
11-10-2018, 07:29 AM
After what happened to Dez Bryant, that may have given him another reason not to return.

True - although if he has not already factored the risk of getting injured this season into his decision whether to report and is still up in the air about it within 96 hours of the deadline this has been even less well thought through than it has appeared to be for some time

Maybe we can get an interview of Le'Veon from the sidelines of Ohio St at Mich St today as he continues his grab for attention in the run up to Tuesday (since he has the weekend off Cam Heyward should troll him by standing on the OSU sideline :chuckle: )

teegre
11-10-2018, 08:30 AM
If Bell reports... we have a GREAT insurance policy for Conner.

If Bell does not report... Mike Hilton should receive that $14.5 million immediately (three year extension).

GoSlash27
11-10-2018, 12:24 PM
In Bell's case, more like pass the "dutchie." :smoker:

Fun fact: The term 'dutchie' doesn't actually mean 'weed' in Jamaica. That should be 'kouchie'.

smokin3000gt
11-10-2018, 03:10 PM
Fun fact: The term 'dutchie' doesn't actually mean 'weed' in Jamaica. That should be 'kouchie'.

I think it's referencing a marijuana [dutch] 'blunt'

fansince'76
11-10-2018, 05:43 PM
I think it's referencing a marijuana [dutch] 'blunt'

Weed rolled into a Dutch Masters cigar.

Fire Goodell
11-10-2018, 06:12 PM
If Bell reports... we have a GREAT insurance policy for Conner.

If Bell does not report... Mike Hilton should receive that $14.5 million immediately (three year extension).

I can dig that

11-10-2018, 06:17 PM
Bell will sign and his Ego will make sure! Right now he is still a big deal in the media, If he don't sign he will be forgotten about the rest of the season and his name will no longer be brought up.

BlackAndGold
11-10-2018, 07:12 PM

tube517
11-10-2018, 07:14 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0y7lCls0Pc

teegre
11-10-2018, 07:15 PM

:nod: M - E - T - H - O - D man

GoSlash27
11-10-2018, 10:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k05n4xpXFeI
'Dutchie' was slang for a dutch stew pot. Musical youth cleaned up the lyrics because it would be inappropriate for kids to be singing about 'puff puff pass'. This was the original version of the song, which *was* about weed.

Best,
-Slashy

Fire Goodell
11-10-2018, 10:31 PM
Glad I never bought a Bell jersey, I was close to a few years ago. Just put in an order for a Conner one :chuckle: :tt02:

fansince'76
11-11-2018, 02:48 AM
'Dutchie' was slang for a dutch stew pot. Musical youth cleaned up the lyrics because it would be inappropriate for kids to be singing about 'puff puff pass'. This was the original version of the song, which *was* about weed.

Best,
-Slashy

Yes, I'm aware of that song and the story behind it. However, this is what I was referring to:

dutchie

a BLUNT rolled with the wrapper of a dutchmaster cigar.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dutchie

pczach
11-11-2018, 06:39 AM
Yes, I'm aware of that song and the story behind it. However, this is what I was referring to:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dutchie

Way to break it down and drop some knowledge on us with some solid analysis, backed up with facts.

Only on a message board can there be a simple comment about weed that gets this complicated. :toofunny:

tube517
11-11-2018, 08:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k05n4xpXFeI

Best,
-Slashy

Growing up, the "Rumor" was it was about weed so we (my friends/classmates) just "rolled" w/that explanation. :chuckle:

teegre
11-11-2018, 08:09 AM
Bell leaving... discussing weeed... and no one has posted a “Bye, Felicia” gif.

I’m disappointed in all’y’all.

AtlantaDan
11-11-2018, 08:31 AM
Glad I never bought a Bell jersey, I was close to a few years ago. Just put in an order for a Conner one :chuckle: :tt02:

In case you change your mind prices are good as retailers are dumping their inventory :chuckle:

fansince'76
11-11-2018, 08:38 AM

https://i.imgflip.com/wur8c.jpg

GoSlash27
11-11-2018, 08:45 AM

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/29495-Le-Veon-Bell-back-with-the-Steelers-soon?p=662631&viewfull=1#post662631

I googled 'bye Felicia, but thought the one I posted was funnier.

teegre
11-11-2018, 08:46 PM
http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/29495-Le-Veon-Bell-back-with-the-Steelers-soon?p=662631&viewfull=1#post662631

I googled 'bye Felicia, but thought the one I posted was funnier.

You’re correct... I now see that you typed that. My bad. I missed/overlooked that when I scrolled back through, looking for “Craig.” :wink02: