PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers want to make Joe Flacco eat his words

polamalubeast
11-01-2018, 03:19 PM
It’s not as if the Steelers need incentive beyond merely having the Baltimore Ravens on their schedule next, but they savor something Joe Flacco said in September.

“I really just felt we could have 28, 30, 35 points up out there at halftime,” the quarterback said after the Ravens beat the Steelers, 26-14, at Heinz Field on Sept. 30.

“It’s not like today was the toughest Pittsburgh Steeler games I’ve ever played.”

He might have been correct because the Steelers came out flat and finished that way against their biggest rivals. Still, sprinkling salt in those wounds was unusual for Baltimore’s quarterback.

“It was kind of shocking,” Steelers guard Ramon Foster said.

“He didn’t feel like he was hit hard enough. We’ll see how it goes. You don’t really see a quarterback saying anything like that.”

Maybe Flacco was right. He completed 11 of his first 12 passes for 166 yards and two touchdowns that day. He was sacked once. He wound up completing 28 of 42 for 363 yards and no interceptions.

The game was a breeze for Flacco and the Ravens. But now, they have to play the Steelers again, at 1 p.m. Sunday in Baltimore, and his comments from last month have not been forgotten.

“I don’t like that comment,” safety Sean Davis said, “because I feel like Baltimore week, I’m already preparing my body as if there’s going to be a bruising.

“We’ll see if he has the same response after this game.”

read more

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/11/01/steelers-defense-joe-flacco-ravens-afc-north-standings/stories/201811010154

Mojouw
11-01-2018, 03:23 PM
Ahhh! Drama! Flacco said a thing that hurt someone's feelings. It might have been arrogant. It might have been an honest answer to a question. Doesn't matter. The Ravens are destined to lose now. All their players will forget how to block and run their assignments as they fixate on the extra motivation Flacco gave the Steelers!

I'm betting my house on the Steelers now!

Shoes
11-01-2018, 03:31 PM
If Artie Burns plays, we lose. Guaranteed.

AtlantaDan
11-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Flacco was right

Steelers played worse in that game than in the Chiefs loss

polamalubeast
11-01-2018, 04:18 PM
Flacco was right

Steelers played worse in that game than in the Chiefs loss

And it was not even close....Without the fumble of the ravens at the one-yard line in the second quarter, it would have been a blowout and our offense was terrible in the second half.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-01-2018, 04:28 PM
If Artie Burns plays, we lose. Guaranteed.

I think you are correct. If Burns gets significant snaps, then you can almost count on at least 2 big plays against him that lead to points and a 10 point screwup by Burns isn't likely going to help the cause.

Kind of sad that Sensabaugh is the better option.

Fire Goodell
11-01-2018, 04:39 PM
Well it was the truth, the defense didn't lay a hand on him and made things easy for the Baltimore offense

pczach
11-01-2018, 04:54 PM
There's no need for any Steeler player to throw a fit and puff their chest out. The Ravens kicked their ass in the first game.

Own it.

We know they had some players out, they had some young guys playing with no experience, and didn't play their best game.....but so what? Own the fact that you got your asses kicked and do everything possible to put yourself in the best position to not have that happen again.

Let Joe Flacco talk.

Let your game do the talking and give the Ravens their fifth loss this year and put them on the brink of elimination from playoff contention.

That would really be saying something without uttering a word.

DesertSteel
11-01-2018, 05:03 PM
People who don't think professional athletes get more motivated by this sort of thing are naive in thinking their favorite players are always dialed in at 10/10. Guess what... they're not! Poking a sleeping bear is never advisable.

Mojouw
11-01-2018, 05:19 PM
There's no need for any Steeler player to throw a fit and puff their chest out. The Ravens kicked their ass in the first game.

Own it.

We know they had some players out, they had some young guys playing with no experience, and didn't play their best game.....but so what? Own the fact that you got your asses kicked and do everything possible to put yourself in the best position to not have that happen again.

Let Joe Flacco talk.

Let your game do the talking and give the Ravens their fifth loss this year and put them on the brink of elimination from playoff contention.

That would really be saying something without uttering a word.

Pretty much. Which is why I hope that every single Steelers veteran and member of the coaching staff is not using Flacco's comments as rah-rah bulletin board material BS, but as a statement of fact. If each unit didn't see film clips this week of them getting their asses kicked and out worked in the first game - well then the coaches are out to lunch.

Don't make it about hitting Flacco. Making it about proving him wrong.

Hawkman
11-02-2018, 08:16 AM
Ahhh! Drama! Flacco said a thing that hurt someone's feelings. It might have been arrogant. It might have been an honest answer to a question. Doesn't matter. The Ravens are destined to lose now. All their players will forget how to block and run their assignments as they fixate on the extra motivation Flacco gave the Steelers!

I'm betting my house on the Steelers now!

Why do you do that?:wink02::heh::rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

.....and by the way, I will be at the game, stirring up trouble in the season ticket section.:eyebrows:

Edman
11-02-2018, 10:40 AM
Well, Flacco wasn't wrong. The Steelers "D" was non-existent through September and Baltimore could do whatever they wanted to do in that game. They really could've done more.

Just shut up and don't play like an embarrassment Sunday.

EzraTank
11-02-2018, 10:49 AM
I never understood why at the pro level you need bulletin board "incentive" to play better or be "up" for a game. You're getting paid millions to do that every week. Yes I get the motivation behind it but seriously STFU and let the results on the field tell the story.

Craic
11-02-2018, 02:19 PM
I never understood why at the pro level you need bulletin board "incentive" to play better or be "up" for a game. You're getting paid millions to do that every week. Yes I get the motivation behind it but seriously STFU and let the results on the field tell the story.

They play sixteen-twenty games a year. In the midst of those games are injuries, distractions, hours upon hours upon hours of time spent in the gym and the field and wherever else. It gets monotonous. There are very few people in any job that can put out the same level of effort Monday-Friday (or in this case, Tuesday-Sunday). To expect them to be any different just because they're making more money is to fundamentally misunderstand humans. Making more money doesn't change their response patterns, especially when everyone around you (in your position) is making around the same amount (or more).

DesertSteel
11-02-2018, 06:38 PM
They play sixteen-twenty games a year. In the midst of those games are injuries, distractions, hours upon hours upon hours of time spent in the gym and the field and wherever else. It gets monotonous. There are very few people in any job that can put out the same level of effort Monday-Friday (or in this case, Tuesday-Sunday). To expect them to be any different just because they're making more money is to fundamentally misunderstand humans. Making more money doesn't change their response patterns, especially when everyone around you (in your position) is making around the same amount (or more).
Very well said!

polamalubeast
11-04-2018, 05:21 PM

Fire Goodell
11-04-2018, 10:20 PM
Flacco done messed up, you don't poke the bear:chuckle:

st33lersguy
11-04-2018, 10:34 PM
Steelers backed it up