PDA

View Full Version : Steelers’ RB Conner Named AFC Offensive Player Of The Month

polamalubeast
11-01-2018, 09:23 AM
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Pittsburgh Steelers running back James Conner has been named the AFC’s Offensive Player of the Month.

Conner rushed for 367 yards and six touchdowns in October. He also added 13 catches for 159 yards.

He racked up those numbers in just three games, due to the Steelers’ bye week.

This is the second award Conner has received in the past 24 hours. On Wednesday, he was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week. Against the Browns, Conner ran for 146 yards and two touchdowns.

For the year, Conner has rushed for 599 yards and nine touchdowns and has made 31 receptions for 323 yards.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/11/01/steelers-james-conner-afc-offensive-player-of-month/

86WARD
11-01-2018, 09:44 AM
Well deserved. Certainly been a runaway candidate for team MVP!!

polamalubeast
11-01-2018, 09:45 AM
Well deserved. Certainly been a runaway candidate for team MVP!!

He is my choice for the Steelers MVP right now.

polamalubeast
11-01-2018, 09:58 AM

DesertSteel
11-01-2018, 10:33 AM
5-star thread for a 5-star player!

86WARD
11-01-2018, 12:55 PM
He is my choice for the Steelers MVP right now.

Really the only other possibility at this point is Ben. He’s in record pace for passing yardage. Other than those two, maybe AB but AB isn’t having AB type numbers other than TDs.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-01-2018, 02:07 PM
Yeah, but he isn't that....." patient" as a runner. :stirthepot:

polamalubeast
11-01-2018, 03:37 PM

86WARD
11-01-2018, 03:45 PM

How many times is a talking head media person going to throw the stat out there about forced missed tackles...lol.

That and the Conner/Bell comparison charts are getting sooooo old.

FrancoLambert
11-01-2018, 04:05 PM
I understand that Bell is great insurance if Conner was injured and would miss significant time.

But how could you possibly take snaps away from Conner.

If Bell comes back I expect a very cold response from his teammates, coaches, and fans. We’ll see.

Conner gets injured, well, everyone will be in love with Bell (including me), but barring that I don’t see him contributing much at all.

El-Gonzo Jackson
11-01-2018, 04:25 PM
How many times is a talking head media person going to throw the stat out there about forced missed tackles...lol.

I actually like it. The thing about JC is that he runs thru arm tackles or breaks tackles with his strength and balance. He isn't so much elusive, as he is hard to bring down.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand that Bell is great insurance if Conner was injured and would miss significant time.

If Bell comes back I expect a very cold response from his teammates, coaches, and fans. We’ll see.

Conner gets injured, well, everyone will be in love with Bell (including me), but barring that I don’t see him contributing much at all.
The thing is that Conner is such a physical runner, that he needs another back to take some touches and spell him IMO. If Bell is back, then I think that is great, but currently neither Samuels or Ridley is much of a complimentary RB that the Steelers need.

ALLD
11-01-2018, 06:03 PM
Conner needs to make a rap album.

DesertSteel
11-01-2018, 06:43 PM
Samuels may have earned some reps last Sunday...

86WARD
11-01-2018, 09:23 PM

In theory, Bell doesn’t have to necessarily take “one for one” snaps away from Conner. If Bell is getting 7 touches and the Steelers run say 25 plays a game (before Bell arrives) and 10 of those are Conners, when Bell returns (healthy) they should be better and maybe they tun 30 plays and those 5 extra go to Bell and maybe he takes one play from Conner and one from AB. That’s 7 touches Bell gets and only took one play from Conner.

Fire Goodell
11-01-2018, 10:48 PM
Yeah, but he isn't that....." patient" as a runner. :stirthepot:

He skips the foreplay and goes straight to the hole :chuckle:

LambertsLunatic58
11-02-2018, 12:40 AM
I sure hope L. Bell don't come back and Tomlin screws it up by giving him carries that take away from Conner. This kid is special. I'm really wondering if his success with this O-Line is gonna cause a lot of other teams to devalue L. Bell's total worth. He might just have lost himself a ton of money by letting Conner have a whack at the starting role.

LambertsLunatic

"quarterbacks should wear dresses......"

Brown...the color of, well... you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Lady Steel
11-02-2018, 01:51 AM
Conner needs to make a rap album.

And smoke some weed. Dafuq wrong with this kid? :chuckle:

He skips the foreplay and goes straight to the hole :chuckle:

:giggles: True story.

polamalubeast
11-02-2018, 06:24 AM
Phil Simms said that if Bell would play this year and do the same production and impact that Conner does this year, he would be a MVP candidate but we're not because it's James Conner.

Hawkman
11-02-2018, 09:18 AM
I sure hope L. Bell don't come back and Tomlin screws it up by giving him carries that take away from Conner. This kid is special. I'm really wondering if his success with this O-Line is gonna cause a lot of other teams to devalue L. Bell's total worth. He might just have lost himself a ton of money by letting Conner have a whack at the starting role.

LambertsLunatic

"quarterbacks should wear dresses......"

Brown...the color of, well... you know.

- - - Updated - - -

???

FrancoLambert
11-02-2018, 12:46 PM
Would love to be a fly on the wall when Tomlin, Colbert, and AJR II get together and discuss how Bell and his agent have handled this holdout.

Despite what they may say publicly, my guess is none of them want to see Bell in Black and Gold ever again.

ALLD
11-02-2018, 01:32 PM
Bell will not play this season and the Steelers will allow him to test FA with tagging him next year in order to receive a compensatory pick. No more drama, but will Bell have any legs left or the will to play? I don't think any team will pay him a big guarantee because he wants the money more than he wants to play.

DesertSteel
11-02-2018, 07:26 PM
Bell will not play this season and the Steelers will allow him to test FA with tagging him next year in order to receive a compensatory pick. No more drama, but will Bell have any legs left or the will to play? I don't think any team will pay him a big guarantee because he wants the money more than he wants to play.
Not when there's young, hungry and cheap 3rd rounders to be had.......

Fire Goodell
11-02-2018, 07:47 PM
Phil Simms said that if Bell would play this year and do the same production and impact that Conner does this year, he would be a MVP candidate but we're not because it's James Conner.

Honestly i think he's the frontrunner for being the team MVP.

And no, Bell if he had the same stats as Conner wouldn't be in the discussion for league MVP. Not while Gurley is here, he's basically running away with the rushing title so far.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-02-2018, 09:48 PM
Watching the Panthers game tonight and the RB Hall looks pretty darn good as well. Pitt had some good RB's the last ten years or so.

teegre
11-02-2018, 09:52 PM
Watching the Panthers game tonight and the RB Hall looks pretty darn good as well. Pitt had some good RB's the last ten years or so.

LeSean McCoy, Dion Lewis...and, of course, James Conner.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
11-03-2018, 03:06 AM
Yep Teegre and Hall maybe another.

stillers4me
11-03-2018, 08:06 AM
I'm so happy for him! Talk about getting an opportunity and running away with it! He's an inspiring, humble, and all round great guy to boot.

Found this picture on social media....if you are looking for a new cell phone picture feel free to steal.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/45286416_10217830134847853_6568542117134598144_n.j pg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=a448a7b66df05b2d16381f0e40a17628&oe=5C79A603

Bluecoat96
11-03-2018, 08:23 AM
I would not be surprised in the least if we see the Conner/Bell "saga" play out like the AB/Wallace saga a few years ago. My money's on the Steelers doing a contract sooner rather than later for Conner. That is of course if the CBA would allow it. James's contract is pretty darn cheap right now.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

polamalubeast
11-03-2018, 09:14 AM
I would not be surprised in the least if we see the Conner/Bell "saga" play out like the AB/Wallace saga a few years ago. My money's on the Steelers doing a contract sooner rather than later for Conner. That is of course if the CBA would allow it. James's contract is pretty darn cheap right now.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

This saga is almost identical to the Wallace vs Brown saga.

I'm just glad that Conner showed this year what was able to do and that our offense could be great with him since if he would not have had the chance to play a lot we would have had a lot of comment during the off season that Bell is irreplaceable , that the steelers can not survive without Bell and etc ...

It would have been a very long off season!

For his contract, Conner and the steelers have to wait after the 2019 season to negotiate.

Dwinsgames
11-03-2018, 09:47 AM
while I love what Conner has done , and while I think he has been great and made Bell an after thought ...

I still can not quite wrap my head around him getting Player of the month when there is this kid in KC throwing dimes all over the place vs every team he faces ... you know that kid who was 2-3 years away from taking meaningful snaps just 1 year ago ...

Patrick Mahomes

Edman
11-03-2018, 10:58 AM
while I love what Conner has done , and while I think he has been great and made Bell an after thought ...

I still can not quite wrap my head around him getting Player of the month when there is this kid in KC throwing dimes all over the place vs every team he faces ... you know that kid who was 2-3 years away from taking meaningful snaps just 1 year ago ...

Patrick Mahomes

That's because Patrick Mahomes is in the running for League MVP.

But as far as Mahomes goes, he's playing damn good, but its only his first year starting and hasn't run into his buzzsaw yet, which he will eventually. All of the greats, even Brady, have them. He can't keep this up forever.

teegre
11-03-2018, 09:41 PM

Patrick Mahomes

Here’s how I see it...

Mahomes is doing great things. But, we have seen Aaron Rodgers put up similar numbers. Peyton, too. So has Brees, and Brady, and Watson, and even Rivers. That is just naming guys who’ve had incredible half-seasons in the past five years.

Whereas, some of the stuff that Conner is doing, some of the records that he is setting have only been accomplished by 5 or 6 RBs ever. It truly has been a historic month for him.

(Make sense?)

86WARD
11-04-2018, 05:29 AM
Honestly i think he's the frontrunner for being the team MVP.

And no, Bell if he had the same stats as Conner wouldn't be in the discussion for league MVP. Not while Gurley is here, he's basically running away with the rushing title so far.

Simms is sort of right. Conner isn’t a household name. Bell is. Sure Gurley is running away with it, but Bell would be talked about a little bit. AB was in the conversation last season, yet rarely does Thielen’s name ever get brought up for it this season,..and he’s doing things other WRs have never done...

Conner and Theilen should BOTH be in the conversation at the very least. So should Gurley and Mahoney and of course Brady. :doh: Another name that’s an outside shot but has been carrying his team is Adrian Peterson. For what he is doing for the Redskins, he’s also a name that should be thrown around. Probably shouldn’t win it compared to these other guys, but he warrants mentioning.