PDA

View Full Version : Even Ben Roethlisberger's son is chanting James Conner's name

polamalubeast
10-30-2018, 12:18 PM
It was one thing for the Heinz Field crowd to chant James Conner’s name in the second half of the Steelers’ 33-18 win Sunday against the Cleveland Browns.

What caught quarterback Ben Roethlisberger’s attention was the singular chant he heard later that night in his living room.

On his weekly 93.7-FM radio segment Tuesday, Roethlisberger said he was playing catch with his son, Ben Jr., in the family living room when he heard the running back’s name called out after every reception.

“Every time he caught it, he was like, ‘Con-ner, Con-ner,’” Roethlisberger said. “I texted James and said it must have been pretty cool to have the whole place chanting ‘Con-ner.’ But what’s even cooler is when I’m playing catch with my son and every time he’s catching it, he’s you.”

The stadium chants came in the second half of the Steelers’ third consecutive win when Conner accumulated 113 of his career-high 146 rushing yards and 54 of his 66 receiving yards.

read more

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14229867-74/chants-for-steelers-conner-extend-to-roethlisbergers-living-room

AtlantaDan
10-30-2018, 12:19 PM
It was one thing for the Heinz Field crowd to chant James Conner’s name in the second half of the Steelers’ 33-18 win Sunday against the Cleveland Browns.

What caught quarterback Ben Roethlisberger’s attention was the singular chant he heard later that night in his living room.

On his weekly 93.7-FM radio segment Tuesday, Roethlisberger said he was playing catch with his son, Ben Jr., in the family living room when he heard the running back’s name called out after every reception.

“Every time he caught it, he was like, ‘Con-ner, Con-ner,’” Roethlisberger said. “I texted James and said it must have been pretty cool to have the whole place chanting ‘Con-ner.’ But what’s even cooler is when I’m playing catch with my son and every time he’s catching it, he’s you.”

The stadium chants came in the second half of the Steelers’ third consecutive win when Conner accumulated 113 of his career-high 146 rushing yards and 54 of his 66 receiving yards.

read more

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14229867-74/chants-for-steelers-conner-extend-to-roethlisbergers-living-room

LOL

Watch out Ben - Ben, Jr. will set you up next

Ben - who's your favorite Steeler?
Ben, Jr. - Conner!

DesertSteel
10-30-2018, 12:27 PM
He's my 13-year-old son's favorite player.

86WARD
10-30-2018, 12:34 PM
He's my 13-year-old son's favorite player.

My 9 year old boys love themselves some JuJu. Lol

EzraTank
10-31-2018, 09:23 AM
My 11 year old liked Boswell (before the season). :huh: But then again he wants to be an NFL kicker when he grows up.

fansince'76
10-31-2018, 11:04 AM
My 11 year old liked Boswell (before the season). :huh: But then again he wants to be an NFL kicker when he grows up.

Smart kid - still great money and none of the punishment. :)

Craic
10-31-2018, 11:26 AM
Perhaps, but he has to be able to take on and soundly defeat towel dispensers!

Fire Goodell
10-31-2018, 05:03 PM

None of the physical punishment, but man you will take on some serious mental / emotional stress if you miss a game winner and your team takes an L. I'd hate to be the guy who blew it and all the fans want your head

teegre
10-31-2018, 05:26 PM

I saw a special (on ESPN or NFL Network) where they followed Phil Dawson around. He said that being a kicker is the BEST job in the world... if you like watching football games.

You come in, make three or four kicks per game... and then, you get paid $1 million to watch a football game from the sidelines. Plus, you can kick for like 20 years, and the risk of long-term injury is almost nil. He added that he’s able to pick the kids up from school, but that he’s gone every weekend for four months... but, oh well.

SUMMATION:
I agree: being an NFL kicker is the BEST job out there.

86WARD
11-01-2018, 06:40 AM
I would say Punter. Less pressure than a kicker. If you screw up half your job, usually the other guy gets blamed and you can screw up more than a kicker can...plus on occasion you get to kick and if you screw that up, people just face palm and then tell you to go sit down.

Punter >>> Kicker.

tube517
11-01-2018, 08:48 AM
I saw a special (on ESPN or NFL Network) where they followed Phil Dawson around. He said that being a kicker is the BEST job in the world... if you like watching football games.

You come in, make three or four kicks per game... and then, you get paid $1 million to watch a football game from the sidelines. Plus, you can kick for like 20 years, and the risk of long-term injury is almost nil. He added that he’s able to pick the kids up from school, but that he’s gone every weekend for four months... but, oh well.

SUMMATION:
I agree: being an NFL kicker is the BEST job out there.

IF they are good (enough), it could be a job until they are in their 40s.

George Blanda was 108 before he retired.

Gary Anderson went from 1982-2004.