PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown On Pace To Shatter Own Franchise TD Record, Passes Hines Ward In Multi-TD Game

polamalubeast
10-29-2018, 06:03 AM

teegre
10-29-2018, 06:35 AM
AB is having an “off” year in receptions and yards... but, a career year for TDs.

I’ll take it.

86WARD
10-29-2018, 11:53 AM
Madden Curse!

BlackAndGold
10-29-2018, 02:05 PM
AB is having an “off” year in receptions and yards... but, a career year for TDs.

I’ll take it.

I bet Julio would take having less yards for a single TD. (He has zero)

Craic
10-29-2018, 02:16 PM

I’ll take it.

The funny thing is that Brown, on pace for 1260+ yards this season, is considered having an "off" year! (and that's not arguing with you. I agree he is having an off year).

Fire Goodell
10-29-2018, 02:35 PM

I’ll take it.

Yep, yardage is nice and all, but at the end of the day, touchdowns win games.

86WARD
10-29-2018, 02:39 PM
I bet Julio would take having less yards for a single TD. (He has zero)

Julio has the just win attitude though. I’m not sure he’d really trade it all in for TDs. He just wants wins too.

Craic
10-29-2018, 05:39 PM
Yep, yardage is nice and all, but at the end of the day, touchdowns win games.

I get what you're saying, but I've never understood this idea. Yardage is what moves the ball down the field. It flips field position. And, without yardage, the team will never get TDs. I couldn't care less if a WR had 0 TDs and 5000 yards. What I want to know is the why. If we have a RB that consistently puts the ball in the endzone from 20 or so yards out, or a 6'10 TE that can pick anything out of the sky within 10 feet of him, I'm okay with lopsided figures with low TDs. In other words, the idea that TDs are more important feels more like fantasy football where the focus in on individual performances and values for that performance rather than on the contribution to the team as a whole (moving the ball into the redzone all the time, but having a RB or massive TE being the goto guy in the endzone).

pczach
10-29-2018, 06:27 PM
Madden Curse!

Don't start that again!

:rofl2:

Fire Goodell
10-29-2018, 06:42 PM
I get what you're saying, but I've never understood this idea. Yardage is what moves the ball down the field. It flips field position. And, without yardage, the team will never get TDs. I couldn't care less if a WR had 0 TDs and 5000 yards. What I want to know is the why. If we have a RB that consistently puts the ball in the endzone from 20 or so yards out, or a 6'10 TE that can pick anything out of the sky within 10 feet of him, I'm okay with lopsided figures with low TDs. In other words, the idea that TDs are more important feels more like fantasy football where the focus in on individual performances and values for that performance rather than on the contribution to the team as a whole (moving the ball into the redzone all the time, but having a RB or massive TE being the goto guy in the endzone).

Yardage might be down because the ball is getting distributed more and less forced throws to AB. McDonald and Juju are having career years, Conner is the #3 rusher and #2 scrimmage yards guy. But AB is still one of the main targets for Ben when we're in scoring range and coverage is tighter. Just my guess.

BlackAndGold
10-29-2018, 07:45 PM
Julio has the just win attitude though. I’m not sure he’d really trade it all in for TDs. He just wants wins too.

More TD's can equal winning though. He's just not a consistent RZ receiver.

86WARD
10-29-2018, 08:18 PM
More TD's can equal winning though. He's just not a consistent RZ receiver.

Not true. There’s quite a few different options in Atlanta and Jones is usually doubled and tripled in the endzone. It’s why Ridley has so many TDs because he’s left in single coverage. Jones is schemed as a decoy on a lot of plays. It’s not that he’s inconsistent. It’s by design a lot of times.

Jones is by far the only receiver you can put up against AB as “The Best Receiver In The League” argument. Just because he hasn’t scored a TD yet this season doesnt mean he’s not doing his job. He’s already come out thi season and said he doesn’t care about scoring and as a matter of fact, he said he doesn’t care about statistics other than wins.

Mojouw
10-29-2018, 09:19 PM
Not true. There’s quite a few different options in Atlanta and Jones is usually doubled and tripled in the endzone. It’s why Ridley has so many TDs because he’s left in single coverage. Jones is schemed as a decoy on a lot of plays. It’s not that he’s inconsistent. It’s by design a lot of times.

Jones is by far the only receiver you can put up against AB as “The Best Receiver In The League” argument. Just because he hasn’t scored a TD yet this season doesnt mean he’s not doing his job. He’s already come out thi season and said he doesn’t care about scoring and as a matter of fact, he said he doesn’t care about statistics other than wins.

Michael Thonas is a robotic pass catching machine. I think he catches like 65-70 percent of his targets. It is those three and then everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teegre
10-29-2018, 09:28 PM
The funny thing is that Brown, on pace for 1260+ yards this season, is considered having an "off" year! (and that's not arguing with you. I agree he is having an off year).

It’s akin to Marvel having an “off” box office showing for one of their movies.

“Pfft, Ant-Man only made $520,000 million...”

86WARD
10-29-2018, 09:33 PM
Michael Thonas is a robotic pass catching machine. I think he catches like 65-70 percent of his targets. It is those three and then everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Thomas a lot as well.

pczach
10-29-2018, 09:46 PM

If I could have anyone other than AB, it would be DeAndre Hopkins from the Texans. He has put up ridiculous numbers with a murderer's row of stiffs throwing the football before Watson came along. He is a tremendous player with much better hands than Julio Jones. He makes the amazing look routine.

teegre
10-29-2018, 09:59 PM
If I could have anyone other than AB, it would be DeAndre Hopkins from the Texans. He has put up ridiculous numbers with a murderer's row of stiffs throwing the football before Watson came along. He is a tremendous player with much better hands than Julio Jones. He makes the amazing look routine.

Another reason to hate the Jarvis Jones pick.

pczach
10-29-2018, 10:17 PM
Another reason to hate the Jarvis Jones pick.

It still hurts deeply....

Fire Goodell
10-30-2018, 12:05 AM
Jarvis "J-Dong" Jones

polamalubeast
10-30-2018, 07:39 AM
Brown has not a season in his standard, since its standards are ridiculous!...But Brown is in pace for 1260 yards and 18 TD, it's far from bad!

Of course its efficiency is not at its best this year (only 57%) but it's not all his fault ....

It was before the Browns games,but I think since the second half against the falcons, the Ben / Brown connection is in the right direction....6 catch for 74 yards 2 TD on 8 targets vs CLE,5 catch for 105 yards 1 TD on only 6 targets vs CIN...It was great in the second half vs ATL too.

86WARD
10-30-2018, 07:40 AM

Hopkins is no joke. I’d still take Julio over him but it wouldn’t be by much and if I got “stuck” with Hopkins, it wouldn’t be a bad thing.

For me it’s AB and Julio in Tier 1. Hopkins and Thomas in Tier 2. AJ Green, Mike Evans (and potentially Adam Thielen) in Tier 3 and then everyone else.

polamalubeast
10-30-2018, 07:41 AM
Hopkins is no joke. I’d still take Julio over him but it wouldn’t be by much and if I got “stuck” with Hopkins, it wouldn’t be a bad thing.

For me it’s AB and Julio in Tier 1. Hopkins and Thomas in Tier 2. AJ Green, Mike Evans (and potentially Adam Thielen) in Tier 3 and then everyone else.

Happy that you not name OBJ!

86WARD
10-30-2018, 08:22 AM
Happy that you not name OBJ!

I think he’s a fraud. He’s better than a lot but he’s not Top Echelon.