PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's Game Just Got Easier for the Steelers

ShoeHorn
09-22-2010, 04:16 PM
The Bucs' one dependable safety....OOOPS!

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/sep/22/bucs-s-tanard-jackson-suspended-indefinitely/sports-bucs/

Kaeg
09-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Wow! Maybe Charlie can open up that field yet! All kidding aside, I still like Charlie and think he could still be productive. Hopefully I'll be right this week.

ALLD
09-22-2010, 04:37 PM
He screwed his team and his family santonio holmes style.

Dino 6 Rings
09-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Ok, Charlie...just throw it as far as you can...really really really really really far...Wallace will be open deep...really really really deep.

Buckinnuts
09-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Good put Wallace , Brown ,Sanders , Ward and ARE down the middle they can't cover them all

polamalubeast
09-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Ok, Charlie...just throw it as far as you can...really really really really really far...Wallace will be open deep...really really really deep.

If Batch tries his, he may make a fumble!:lol::frusty::lol:

MULLDOG24
09-22-2010, 05:14 PM
This is good news indeed for Offense.........and we could use it.

Borski
09-22-2010, 05:58 PM
BHSN analyst Shaun King says that Jackson's troubles with the league stems from marijuana use.
:nono:

http://www.baynews9.com/article/sports/2010/september/153759/Bucs-Tanard-Jackson-suspended-indefinitely-by-NFL

The Duke
09-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Hopefully they put Piscitelli at FS :chuckle:

huge blow for them on the long run though

ALLD
09-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Now we can smoke the Bucs.

Galax Steeler
09-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Hopefully this will help us get a little bit of offense a going. Sooner or later we are going to have to score some touchdowns and help our defense out.

Bluecoat96
09-22-2010, 07:07 PM

He can't do that...he'll break his arm from the over exertion!!! :)

st33lersguy
09-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Are you sure he wasn't just accused of substance abuse :chuckle:

LayOffTheDopeTanard
09-22-2010, 08:15 PM
This is going to be a huge loss for us.

Tanard is arguebly our best defensive player and is a ballhawk at safety. We will most likely be replacing him with Corey Lynch or rookie Cody Grimm. Either way, I am not feeling too confident about it. Jackson is a huge part to our defense and losing him is HUGE.

stillers4me
09-22-2010, 08:17 PM
This is going to be a huge loss for us.

Tanard is arguebly our best defensive player and is a ballhawk at safety. We will most likely be replacing him with Corey Lynch or rookie Cody Grimm. Either way, I am not feeling too confident about it. Jackson is a huge part to our defense and losing him is HUGE.

I think Steelers Nation can sympathize. Just look what losing Troy did to us last year.

steeldevil
09-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Hopefully this proves to be a big help for our O

43Hitman
09-22-2010, 09:36 PM
What about Talib? Didn't he get busted attending a game while under suspension?

LayOffTheDopeTanard
09-22-2010, 09:56 PM
What about Talib? Didn't he get busted attending a game while under suspension?
Yea, he was suspended the 1st game of the season and attended the game so he could watch it and got fined for that, but not suspended. He played last week against the Panthers.

steelpride12
09-22-2010, 10:36 PM
Good to see we will have a chance to air it out deep down the field in that soft spot now. I would love to see a deep bomb for a TD to Wallace for the first offensive TD that would make my day other than the W!

43Hitman
09-23-2010, 07:11 AM
Yea, he was suspended the 1st game of the season and attended the game so he could watch it and got fined for that, but not suspended. He played last week against the Panthers.

Ahh. Had that been one of our players, he'd be kicked out of the league.

SirHulka
09-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Ahh. Had that been one of our players, he'd be kicked out of the league.:sarcasm:

And deservedly so. Everyone knows Goodell has it in for the Steelers. He stays up nights thinking of ways to screw you guys.

Yeah, right.

BnG_Hevn
09-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Better watch out, sometimes the backup will shine better.

also, if he was busted for "performance enhancing" drugs, then maybe he didn't deserver to be on the roster anyway.

LLT
09-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Hopefully they put at FS :chuckle:

huge blow for them on the long run though

I HOPE!!! He is the back up at SS but the only other safety on the team besides starting SS Sean Jones who has any real experience. He is pretty quick but has ZERO instincts. I would LOVE the Miller/Piscitelli matchup!!!!

Their other two safeties on the roster are Cody Grimm who is a rookie & Corey Lynch who is a three year player that cant seem to stay healthy.

LayOffTheDopeTanard
09-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Better watch out, sometimes the backup will shine better.

also, if he was busted for "performance enhancing" drugs, then maybe he didn't deserver to be on the roster anyway.

It wasn't performance enhancing drugs, just weed. He's been caught with it 3 times now, that's why he is suspended a whole year. If he gets caught again, I believe he is out of the league for good.

SteelerSal
09-23-2010, 01:46 PM
It wasn't performance enhancing drugs, just weed. He's been caught with it 3 times now, that's why he is suspended a whole year. If he gets caught again, I believe he is out of the league for good.

These kids have the world by the balls...why can't they just stay clean during their playing career??

Good examples from us, Bam Morris and Santonio.

Psycho Ward 86
09-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Undrafted Rookie Cody Grimm is starting!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ac8cb7/article/bucs-pick-rookie-grimm-to-take-suspended-jacksons-spot?module=HP_headlines

Tampa Bay Buccaneers rookie safety Cody Grimm will start Sunday in place of the suspended Tanard Jackson, coach Raheem Morris announced Thursday.

"He's gone out there and excelled and played well and been impressive in all his opportunities," Morris said, according to the St. Petersburg Times. "He's been a guy who's been cool, calm and collected.

"I can go on and on about all the things that prompted me to have to go with Cody and have the confidence to put him out there."

Grimm won the job over fourth-year pro Sabby Piscitelli, who started 15 games at strong safety last season.

"There was definitely thought about Sabby," Morris said as the Bucs (2-0) prepared for Sunday's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers (2-0). "Sabby's played over there a little bit. He's the backup strong safety and he definitely would have went in if anything would have happened to Sean (Jones). ... He'll still be a significant part."

The NFL announced Wednesday that Jackson was suspended, effective immediately, for a minimum of one year without pay for violating its substance-abuse policy. It's the second suspension for Jackson, who missed the first four games of the 2009 season while serving a ban for a similar offense.

Jackson, 25, is the only defensive player in Bucs history to start every game in his first two seasons.

Morris, who coached Jackson as a defensive backs coach before being named Tampa Bay's head coach, said he had a brief chat with the player before he left team headquarters Wednesday.

"Personally, it's tough (on me)," Morris said. "Everybody in this room knows that."

Grimm, the son of Hall of Fame guard Russ Grimm and a walk-on at Virginia Tech, worked his way up the Bucs' depth chart during the preseason, moving from outside linebacker to safety. NFL.com's Steve Wyche reported during the preseason that Grimm's open-field tackling and coverage ability left an impression on Morris, who said during organized team activities that the rookie would make the team if his on-field progression matched his work ethic.

"You watch the kid go out there and perform and then you put him in different situations that you didn't see him in college and he performs the way he has so far," Morris said Thursday. "He's been a student of the game. The limited amount of errors that he has made as a rookie, it gives you a great feel about him. I want to see him go out and play."

BuddhaBus
09-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Ahh. Had that been one of our players, he'd be kicked out of the league.

And tazered first.

st33lersguy
09-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Had that been a Patriot they would have gotten a 1st round draft pick