PDA

View Full Version : Ramon Foster — “They are going to have to pay the (expletive) out of me’ to be here next year”

86WARD
10-26-2018, 09:07 PM
Bell and now Foster. Sounds like Foster is poking Bell...lol.

Fire Goodell
10-26-2018, 10:16 PM
we gonna just franchise tag him twice :chuckle:

AtlantaDan
10-27-2018, 07:34 AM
Bell and now Foster. Sounds like Foster is poking Bell...lol.

I do not see any shade being thrown at Bell - Foster just wants to get paid

You sure are making a strong case this year of being back.

They are going to have to pay the fuck out of me to be here. I am going to tell you right now, Mark. They are going to have to pay the hell out of me to be here just how I am playing. I hate to put it that way, but that’s exactly how it is, and they know it so I will probably hit the free market.

https://theathletic.com/615764/2018/10/26/friday-qa-ramon-foster-they-are-going-to-have-to-pay-the-f-out-of-me-to-be-here-next-year/ (paywalled link)

Foster will turn 33 in January. He has been a key member of the OL but Steelers made no effort to negotiate an extension this past offseason and the OL needs to start getting younger. He is gone.

GBMelBlount
10-27-2018, 08:23 AM
I do not see any shade being thrown at Bell - Foster just wants to get paid

You sure are making a strong case this year of being back.

They are going to have to pay the fuck out of me to be here. I am going to tell you right now, Mark. They are going to have to pay the hell out of me to be here just how I am playing. I hate to put it that way, but that’s exactly how it is, and they know it so I will probably hit the free market.

https://theathletic.com/615764/2018/10/26/friday-qa-ramon-foster-they-are-going-to-have-to-pay-the-f-out-of-me-to-be-here-next-year/ (paywalled link)

Foster will turn 33 in January. He has been a key member of the OL but Steelers made no effort to negotiate an extension this past offseason and the OL needs to start getting younger.

He is gone.

Fortunately, Munchak has done an amazing job of turning later round picks and converts into very good and serviceable lineman.

On a side note, his excellent results stand in stark contrast to the beyond abysmal results we have seen in our secondary the last decade plus. He is arguably a major reason we are able to continue to waste so many high round picks on our defense despite the terrible results, year after year.

Getting further of track, I wonder if things would be any different if we had picked up Kevin Greene to coach our defense when he was available.

\endrant

Born2Steel
10-27-2018, 09:56 AM
The backups have already filled in very nicely at LG and RG. If Foster wants that last big contract it will have to be somewhere else. I don't see him being confrontational with this declaration though. He knows how the Steelers operate and what his worth is here vs the open market. He's just saying it now that he does not see himself back next season for that very reason. But I know fans will make this into something else.

GoSlash27
10-27-2018, 10:25 AM
He also said in the same interview

KABOLY: Being a centerpiece of this organization for so long, how tough would it for you to say goodbye? How do you balance that with the social and economic part of staying here for less?
RAMON: I do have to balance that. You have to look at it like do I want to go to another team with a first-year coach? Do I want to go to a team that doesn’t care about me this way? Pittsburgh is at $6 million, and another team is at $8 million, I’d probably choose Pittsburgh. We are just going to have to see.

It shouldn't be taken out of context. It's just business.

AtlantaDan
10-27-2018, 10:35 AM
He also said in the same interview

It shouldn't be taken out of context. It's just business.

Agreed - he simply said he probably is going to be leaving to get his market value.

If the Steelers saw Foster as part of their future plans they would have moved to sign him to an extension this past off season and, if a reasonable offer had been made, IMO Foster would have signed.

It's a business and, unlike when Alan Faneca was seeking another contract when he was in his early 30s, Foster has not acted out about the Steelers not making a suitable offer.

Unhappy Faneca says his days here are numbered

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2007/05/11/Unhappy-Faneca-says-his-days-here-are-numbered/stories/200705110206

Steeldude
10-27-2018, 03:08 PM
See ya later. Take Dupree and Burns with you on the way out.

Mojouw
10-27-2018, 05:01 PM
Foster is ludicrously underpaid versus how well he performs. As long as he sets a reasonable #, I hope he gets it either here or somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tube517
10-27-2018, 05:34 PM
BJ Finney

BlackAndGold
10-27-2018, 05:43 PM
Fsoter is indeed underrated and has been his whole career here but how long to you sign him for?

BJ Finney has been waiting in the wings as his replacement for 2-3 seasons now. He has filled in for both Foster and DD and there was no noticeable drop off. It'll suck to see Foster leave but it's Finney's time.

Hurts depth wise but Munchak can coach up the next guy. If he can stay "healthy", Jerald Hawkins should kick inside at guard to maybe provide that depth.

Mojouw
10-27-2018, 06:33 PM
Fsoter is indeed underrated and has been his whole career here but how long to you sign him for?

BJ Finney has been waiting in the wings as his replacement for 2-3 seasons now. He has filled in for both Foster and DD and there was no noticeable drop off. It'll suck to see Foster leave but it's Finney's time.

Hurts depth wise but Munchak can coach up the next guy. If he can stay "healthy", Jerald Hawkins should kick inside at guard to maybe provide that depth.

I’m still not totally sold on Finney. I think he struggles when asked to work in space at the second level. Something that the Steelers really like having their guards do. I often wonder if Feiler could play guard with Chuks and Hawkins at tackle?

BlackAndGold
10-27-2018, 08:08 PM
I’m still not totally sold on Finney. I think he struggles when asked to work in space at the second level. Something that the Steelers really like having their guards do. I often wonder if Feiler could play guard with Chuks and Hawkins at tackle?

I'd have to go see some breakdowns over at Steelers Depot but Finney has always looked good to me.

Feiler probably could fill in at guard but he has looked very well at tackle. Can he play well on the left side as the right? since he has only played RG/RT with Steelers.

Shoes
10-27-2018, 09:17 PM
Folks, make sure you use that line when you go to work Monday.

vasteeler
10-28-2018, 05:26 AM
Folks, make sure you use that line when you go to work Monday.

Haha...I can see my bosses face now