PDA

View Full Version : Ron Cook: 'Team Turmoil' title applies to a lot of teams in NFL … but not the Steelers

polamalubeast
10-23-2018, 05:27 PM
Team Turmoil?

Not the Steelers.

The “stench from September” — Mike Tomlin’s words — is long gone.

The Steelers are in first place in the AFC North thanks to losses Sunday by Baltimore, Cincinnati and Cleveland. Antonio Brown is the best wide receiver in football again, isn’t pouting on the field, is making big plays, is showing up for work and, as of late, to the best of my knowledge, hasn’t threatened to break anyone’s jaw, hasn’t accused anyone of being a racist and hasn’t launched projectiles from his luxury condo’s 14th-floor balcony. The Le’Veon Bell situation remains ongoing, but that’s old news. “We’re disappointed he’s not here, but after that you just kind of move on,” David DeCastro said this week. “At the end of the day, it’s all kind of noise until he shows up.”

Team Turmoil?

No, sir, not these Steelers.

That unflattering title is better reserved for any number of other NFL clubs:

read more

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2018/10/23/Ron-Cook-Team-Turmoil-NFL-Steelers-Browns-Giants-Jaguars-Bills-Bengals-Cowboys-Raiders-Cardinals-Seahawks-Dolphins/stories/201810240025

GBMelBlount
10-23-2018, 05:57 PM
CINCINNATI

The Bengals are the Bengals. Need I say more?

:toofunny:

Fire Goodell
10-23-2018, 06:22 PM
The bengals are never going to be a successful postseason team as long as marvin lewis is their coach. That guy is just an enabler for the mental midgets they have on that team.

vasteeler
10-23-2018, 07:03 PM
The bengals are never going to be a successful postseason team as long as marvin lewis is their coach. That guy is just an enabler for the mental midgets they have on that team.

Yeah, lol. Let's hope they never figure it out.

Lady Steel
10-24-2018, 12:25 AM
:toofunny:

The funniest thing about that is, no, he need not say more. We all understand perfectly. :lol:

Fire Goodell
10-24-2018, 05:06 PM
Yeah, lol. Let's hope they never figure it out.

They won't, I'd bet my entire 401k on it with utmost confidence. The Bengals are proof that talent can only go so far. Being a champion requires that mental toughness and mindset that Marvin Lewis himself lacks, and his team reflects that.