PDA

View Full Version : Film Room: Artie Burns Struggling Technique Makes Him Hard To Trust

Shoes
10-15-2018, 01:13 PM
Artie Burns has gotten a long leash in his career. Because he’s a first round pick (the team might not admit it but it matters), because he is blessed with physical talent, and because everyone wants to see him turn it around. But we’re six weeks into his third NFL season and the improvement with him just isn’t there.
https://steelersdepot.com/2018/10/film-room-artie-burns-struggling-technique-makes-him-hard-to-trust/

43Hitman
10-15-2018, 03:18 PM
It's his third year, we should be seeing some more out of him. I think he is what he is at this point. I'm not expecting anything more than what I have seen. Damn shame too.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-16-2018, 03:36 PM
I thought Burns was a 3rd round or later prospect, but I have high hopes for everybody that is drafted in B&G, but the issues in his game that were apparent on college film, still exist.

I personally liked Mackensie Alexander or Kendall Fuller better that season. I thought at the time the best player of need was either Vernon Butler NT or Hunter Henry, TE....so still may not have worked out great.

steelreserve
10-17-2018, 04:51 PM
I'd been hoping that was the year we finally got a good DT, but if we took a CB that Burns was not even the best one still available at that point. Would've been happier with Alexander or Xavien Howard, and Burns was a real wtf pick to me.

I remember I was at a gas station filling up my tank when it was our turn to pick, and I nearly flung the windshield squeegee across the street into the KFC parking lot when they announced it. People were saying "forget about it, in a couple years we'll be super happy with Burns and you'll be saying 'Mackenzie who? Andrew Billings who?'"

Well, I guess they were kind of right about Billings, but it's not like we seem to have outsmarted anyone except ourselves here.