PDA

View Full Version : Steelers guard Kemoeatu expects Batch to start at QB

polamalubeast
09-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Tomlin: Charlie Batch will start
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 22, 2010 4:05 PM ET
Byron Leftwich returned from his sprained MCL on Wednesday to a full practice, but he won't return to the top of the Steelers depth chart.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin announced that Charlie Batch will get the call on Sunday against a revived Bucs defense. It's a somewhat surprising choice if Leftwich is truly help.

Playing in relief of Dennis Dixon, Batch dropped back to pass 13 times. Those plays gained a total of 19 yards. You just don't see that in the NFL too often.

Tomlin can only hope he doesn't see it again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ch-will-start/

polamalubeast
09-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Steelers players revealed Wednesday that coach Mike Tomlin plans to start Charlie Batch over Byron Leftwich in Week 3.

Tomlin reportedly made the announcement in a team meeting, though it's unclear how definitive he was. Most likely, Byron Leftwich will be given a long look in an in-practice competition with the grizzled, 35-year-old Batch. If Leftwich is 100 percent, he is the best option to move the offense. Either way, though, expect heavy reliance on Rashard Mendenhall at Tampa Bay

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39309432/ns/sports-player_news/

LLT
09-22-2010, 12:32 PM
"In the meetings today I think coach said Charlie Batch is going to be the starter"

UH...well....he either did or he didnt. "I think he did?????".....What the hell does that mean!!!

LLT
09-22-2010, 12:37 PM
The conversation must have went something like this.

"First of all, after the meeting, to celebrate one of the trainers birthdays...we have cupcakes."

(Everything from that point on was lost on Kemo.)

ALLD
09-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Save Lefty for Baltimore unless the Bucs tear him up.

Edman
09-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Well damn, just when I said Lefty would start.

I hope Charlie isn't as frightened to throw the ball against Tampa like last week.

The Duke
09-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Batch against Talib and Barber huh

Mendy better have a huge game....

43Hitman
09-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Batch against Talib and Barber huh

Mendy better have a huge game....

Isn't Talib suspended for attending a game while suspended?

wvsportsman
09-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Might be that MT wants the Bucs to THINK he's starting Batch.

polamalubeast
09-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Tomlin: Charlie Batch will start
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 22, 2010 4:05 PM ET
Byron Leftwich returned from his sprained MCL on Wednesday to a full practice, but he won't return to the top of the Steelers depth chart.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin announced that Charlie Batch will get the call on Sunday against a revived Bucs defense. It's a somewhat surprising choice if Leftwich is truly help.

Playing in relief of Dennis Dixon, Batch dropped back to pass 13 times. Those plays gained a total of 19 yards. You just don't see that in the NFL too often.

Tomlin can only hope he doesn't see it again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/22/tomlin-charlie-batch-will-start/

The Duke
09-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Isn't Talib suspended for attending a game while suspended?

I thought that was this past week? suspended on septermber 12, attended game, suspended september 19. Eligible to play this week

Not sure though....