PDA

View Full Version : Bucs Fan Here

BucInPittsburgh
09-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Hello Steeler Nation.

I myself live in the Pittsburgh area, but I used to live in Tampa. I hope that the game on Sunday is a good, injury-free game. Now let's get down to brass tax.

-Bucs running game vs. Steeler defense. The Bucs have NO rushing offense at all (Cadillac and Graham are averaging like 2 yards per carry). If Chris Johnson and the Titans couldn't run the ball, the Bucs sure don't have a prayer on the ground this Sunday.

-Josh Freeman. You may not have heard of him. If you look up game tape from last Sunday, he will look eerily similar to someone you all are familiar with. He looks like a still-developing Ben Roethlisberger. There was a play where he shook off two defenders and threw the ball 40 yards down the field. Now, I have lived in Pittsburgh for 9 years and I watch my fair share of Steeler games. Don't be surprised when you see this guy move around in the pocket like Ben. He's not as smart as Ben is yet, but he has his pocket awareness and is faster. If the Bucs are to have a chance on Sunday, Freeman will be a big part of it.

The Bucs have not allowed a touchdown in the second half of any game this year. I know that we played the Panthers and the Browns, but it is still impressive for a team that won 3 games last year.

Don't overlook the Bucs. They are much, much better than the bumbling, confused team from last year. That being said, I think the Steelers are going to win 13 - 10.

Good luck Sunday, and I hope my prediction is wrong.

LLT
09-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Good post...We have several members here from other teams. Always nice to have another who is respectfulo and knowledgeable.

Welcome to the board.

fansince'76
09-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Welcome to the board! :drink:

Considering our current QB situation, I'm not looking past anybody. I can very easily see this being a 6-3 kind of game as far as the final score goes. Looking at the schedule in the preseason, most of the "experts" had us going 1-3 at best through the first four weeks and had this game picked as the one we would win. Considering our history going back to the Cowher era, we generally struggle in and many times lose games we're "supposed" to win. That being said, I'm looking forward to a good injury-free game as well. :thumbsup:

polamalubeast
09-22-2010, 11:53 AM
I really like Josh Freeman and I agree it looks like Ben Roethlisberger a bit!

He seems very talented and the Steelers should respect it!

polamalubeast
09-22-2010, 11:59 AM
And I was very happy when Buccanners had won the super bowl in 2002!.....I hated the Raiders and I liked more players on this team like Warren Sapp.

And Mike Tomlin were one of the assistant in Tampa Bay in 2002.

And in closing, the Steelers will play their first game in Tampa Bay since Super Bowl XLIII against the Cardinals!

SteelerSal
09-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Welcome, BucinPitt!!! Glad to have you here.

Hope you stick around here even after the game Sunday.

I hope we also have a good, injury free game....for both teams.

Dino 6 Rings
09-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Welcome Bucs Fan.

Good break down. I think for the Steelers to win they will have to get into Freeman's skull early, cause a bad turnover in a key spot, give our Offense a short field all day long and also be able to run the ball very effectively.

But that's about key for all their games as long as the passing game is subpar.

venom
09-22-2010, 12:20 PM
I can see a Steelers 11-10 win , lol

Dino 6 Rings
09-22-2010, 12:24 PM
you know how these things usually work...everyone is thinking 10-9 final score or something like that...

Steelers 38 Bucs 35 = Vegas wins LMAO!

Devilsdancefloor
09-22-2010, 12:33 PM
welcome! im looking forward to the game :tt03:

pepsyman1
09-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Hey BucInPitt... take advantage of being in Pittsburgh. Get out to Heinz and see a game. Once you get exposed to all of US and the bright yellow sea of Terrible Towels you might be converted. There is truly nothing like Steeler Nation.

Shoes
09-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Welcome to the forum. Wishing you guys all the best after Sundays game....:chuckle: Here's to an injury-free game :tea:

ALLD
09-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Freeman is going to see things on defense that he never saw before. If the Steelers can score two TDs in any method then they should win.

GodfatherofSoul
09-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Welcome! I'm a K-Stater so I've been watching Josh Freeman for a while now. He's one of those "it" factor guys that you aren't going to mentally defeat (like Vince Young looked). I said in another thread that he looks like a young Ben. I'm just hoping he looks like a very young Ben this weekend.

BucInPittsburgh
09-22-2010, 03:04 PM
I do go to Heinz on occasion. It's very intense. I'm all for the Steelers winning (except this week). Very strong fan base.

Take this into account.

The Steelers were given a gift from above last week; the opening kick return. It forced the Titans to play from behind the entire game. This week, there won't be most likely won't be 7 turnovers and there probably won't be a kickoff return for a touchdown.

For the Steelers to win, their offense will HAVE to play better than last week, or their defense will have to return an INT or a fumble for a TD.

steeldevil
09-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Welcome BucInPittsburgh! I agree with what you say about it being a low scoring game. Pretty crazy to think that with the Bucs performance last year and our QB issues that one of these teams will be 3-0 on Sunday....

HometownGal
09-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Welcome to Our Universe! :wave: :drink:

I also look forward to an injury free game and of course, a Steelers W! :tt02:

Seriously, though - if I were you, I would be a little concerned about Josh Freeman's life in this matchup, as our D is playing the best defensive football in the NFL right now. They show no mercy to anyone, have each other's backs at all times and are about as fierce a unit as there has been in the NFL in recent seasons.

Good luck and please let Freeman know that if he needs a good chiropractor in the Pittsburgh area after Sunday's game, I'll be happy to refer him to one! :heh: :drink:

SMR
09-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Hey BucInPitt... take advantage of being in Pittsburgh. Get out to Heinz and see a game. Once you get exposed to all of US and the bright yellow sea of Terrible Towels you might be converted. There is truly nothing like Steeler Nation.

Right on brother! Go Stillers!

SteelerEmpire
09-22-2010, 06:23 PM
We don't like ur kand round here !
http://home.comcast.net/~massbackwards/shotgun2.jpg

But no, seriously, welcome to the board... :wave:

tube517
09-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Welcome to the board.

You're right, the Steelers have to play better on offense.

But, that KO return was no gift. It was hard work, new ST coach, great drafting by the Steelers (A.Brown is a SIXTH round pick) , and execution. They worked their butts off to improve Special teams and it shows. We got killed last year by poor ST's and Tomlin knows that.

I do go to Heinz on occasion. It's very intense. I'm all for the Steelers winning (except this week). Very strong fan base.

Take this into account.

The Steelers were given a gift from above last week; the opening kick return. It forced the Titans to play from behind the entire game. This week, there won't be most likely won't be 7 turnovers and there probably won't be a kickoff return for a touchdown.

For the Steelers to win, their offense will HAVE to play better than last week, or their defense will have to return an INT or a fumble for a TD.

tihmtahm
09-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Great post Buc. I hope the Steelers never underestimate any team. The Bucs have already exceeded most predictions already. They could prove to be tough all year long.

Galax Steeler
09-22-2010, 06:53 PM
I am not taking anyone for granit look what happend to us last year loosing to the likes of the Raiders and Chiefs. I think it will be a good game but I think Tomlin will have something up his sleeve again. Probably some kind of gadget play somewhere down the line.

Borski
09-22-2010, 06:55 PM
I am not taking anyone for granit look what happend to us last year loosing to the likes of the Raiders and Chiefs. I think it will be a good game but I think Tomlin will have something up his sleeve again. Probably some kind of gadget play somewhere down the line.

I think we will try and save that for a Ravens or Bengals game if possible, hopefully we won't need to show everything we have up our sleeves this early in the season.

Psycho Ward 86
09-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Some players not to overlook on this Buccaneers squad: Ronde Barber and Aqib Talib are some long forgotten, but great corners! Even if we get time to throw, watch the hell out. It helps that starting safety Tanard Jackson won't be around though. To me, DE Stylez White plays lot like Alex Brown(except bigger, but surprisingly fast), and the two of them will probably hold a status as some of the more underrated D-linemen in the league. All he does is do work. Barrett FUCKING Ruud is the big one. Borderline All-pro caliber player, he's just been pulling a London Fletcher by not having been to the pro-bowl yet. He is THE best player on that team imo, just watch a couple games.

Btw, BucsfaninPitt, how is Gerald Mccoy doing?

LayOffTheDopeTanard
09-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey Steelers fans, another Bucs fan here.

I am expecting Sunday to be a great game and will really show where the Bucs stand this year. I am expecting a very low scoring game as both teams defense's have been playing very good as of late and the offense's are nothing more than average. As much as I hate to say it, I think you defense will be too much for us and you guys will squeak out a win.

14-13 Steelers

Hope I am wrong though.

Nadroj 20
09-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Hey Steelers fans, another Bucs fan here.

I am expecting Sunday to be a great game and will really show where the Bucs stand this year. I am expecting a very low scoring game as both teams defense's have been playing very good as of late and the offense's are nothing more than average. As much as I hate to say it, I think you defense will be too much for us and you guys will squeak out a win.

14-13 Steelers

Hope I am wrong though.

Welcome and thats the best user name ever!! lol

LayOffTheDopeTanard
09-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Welcome and thats the best user name ever!! lol
Yea, I am just so frustrated to see this happen. The guy's got excellent talent and he's wasting it because he wants to blaze.

SteelGhost
09-22-2010, 08:12 PM
Welcome to the Universe BIP, I hope you enjoy this board :thumbsup:

You are spot on, those 7 turnovers and the ko return helped a lot, but our defense had no mercy on the baby blues and shut down their running game. And our OC made a nice conservative game plan.

For an injury free match :drink:

Nadroj 20
09-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Yea, I am just so frustrated to see this happen. The guy's got excellent talent and he's wasting it because he wants to blaze.

Sadly too many talented athletes have the same problem, not just with drugs but other problems as well.

Devilsdancefloor
09-22-2010, 08:33 PM

you dont have to say it to much around here we all know about the guys wasting their talent

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9135/steelersholmesfootbeldr.jpg

BucInPittsburgh
09-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Psycho Ward 86, Gerald McCoy is improving every week.

He frequently takes on double teams, and he often occupies both blockers well. This has led to several sacks by Tim Crowder, Stylez White, and Quincy Black. He's young, but he is a handful That's for sure.

steelpride12
09-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Well since were down to our 3th and 4th strings QB's I will not overlook the Bucs, I agree I don't think your run game will be a factor def. with Big Snack back in the line up. Freeman sure has improved since last season already and totally agree he will be your leader in the future. Going to be another low scoring game IMO, but of course our defense will prevail in the end. Best of luck to a quality, injury free game!

Psycho Ward 86
09-22-2010, 11:27 PM

He frequently takes on double teams, and he often occupies both blockers well. This has led to several sacks by Tim Crowder, Stylez White, and Quincy Black. He's young, but he is a handful That's for sure.

Impressive, and i'm not surprised at all.

The Duke
09-23-2010, 01:38 AM

Pouncey against McCoy should be a great test for both rookies

solardave
09-23-2010, 02:43 AM
Welcome to the board.
I lived in Tampa off and on for 15 years or more.
You are right about Josh Freeman. He could end up being the best QB the Bucs have had ever. He may already be.
I hope he reminds us of Ben being sacked a lot. Just for this game because in my heart I still like the Bucs.
I can still remember some of McKay's sayings like when he was asked by a reporter what he thought of the Bucs defense he said "I'm all for it!" Another one went something like this "We couldn't block,we couldn't run, but we made up for it by not tackling"!!
The game won't be on here so I guess it's Jtv for me. Hopefully I'll at least get to see the first half before it gets shut down.