PDA

View Full Version : Ben - 'I had to suck it up' in 2nd half of Steelers vs. Falcons

AtlantaDan
10-09-2018, 07:09 PM
Ben's explanation for the accuracy issues that at least temporarily were resolved in the second half against the Falcons goes back to the elbow injury in Cleveland

If Ben Roethlisberger looked like an improved quarterback in the second half Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons, it was because he recognized a previous elbow injury was hurting his throwing motion.

On his weekly 93.7 FM radio segment Tuesday, Roethlisberger said he adjusted his mechanics at halftime, which helped him complete 10 of 12 passes for 155 yards and two touchdowns in the second half of the Pittsburgh Steelers’ 41-17 win against the Atlanta Falcons.

“The second half, I had a talk with myself and said I had to suck it up and deliver the ball like I need to and force my way through it,” ...

“I was just dealing with a little bit of an elbow issue,” Roethlisberger said. “It made me drop my elbow a little bit for the comfort factor, which causes the ball to sail.” ...

“We’ve been dealing with it,” Roethlisberger said. “It’s something I need to mentally get over in terms of my throwing motion. I’ve got to keep the arm high to keep the ball driving instead of sailing, that’s all.”

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14160741-74/roethlisberger-i-had-to-suck-it-up-in-second-half-against-falcons

Hopefully if Ben can get through the Bengals game rest during the bye week may help - no indication if in addition to his talk with himself Ben had a talk with the team doctor at halftime on Sunday

vasteeler
10-09-2018, 07:40 PM
Rub some Windex on it!

Shoes
10-09-2018, 08:16 PM
Rub some Windex on it!

and play me a tune. :violin:

Fire Goodell
10-09-2018, 09:02 PM
Got any of that deer antler spray that OJ Lewis used?

86WARD
10-10-2018, 04:28 AM
Drama.

pczach
10-10-2018, 05:41 AM
I don't think AB is 100% either.

There has been something off all year with both of them.

EzraTank
10-11-2018, 08:48 AM
I don't think AB is 100% either.

There has been something off all year with both of them.

AB is still looking for his gun, $80K in cash and Rolls Royce [Edit, never mind found the Rolls].

DesertSteel
10-11-2018, 10:39 AM
Drama.
He brings it up...
He gets asked about it...
He says it's not worth talking about...

#BenWorld

AtlantaDan
10-11-2018, 03:28 PM
Of course Ben has a lot more to suck up than most QBs according to the Bengals :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-12-2018, 11:41 AM
He brings it up...
He gets asked about it...
He says it's not worth talking about...

#BenWorld

Yeah, but in fairness he has probably been doing this since he was 17 years old in highschool. His life experience is that he does this, gets attention and praise for being a tough guy. Some of us may think its unnecessary drama, but its what star athletes get conditioned to at a young age. Lets just hope he sucks it up and has a 154 passer rating in a win vs the Bengals this week.

Craic
10-12-2018, 04:33 PM
Perhaps I'm missing something. This sounds like Ben just being honest about why his passing improved. He was messing up his mechanics because his arm was a bit sore.