PDA

View Full Version : Haason Reddick available

Hound
10-08-2018, 01:14 PM
I would love for the Steelers to trade for him. Was dominant at the senior bowl two years ago. Mayock was also a big fan. Explosive thelete, who can play inside and out.

Dwinsgames
10-08-2018, 01:25 PM
https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2018/10/7/17948280/az-arizona-cardinals-haason-reddick-and-deone-bucannon-on-trade-block-per-report

Mojouw
10-08-2018, 01:28 PM
For anything below a 2nd round pick, I'm struggling to come up with a downside.

Some reports I just read indicate that Reddick may be dumb and struggles with the playbook. He'll fit right in!

In all seriousness, I would trade for them both.

Dwinsgames
10-08-2018, 01:31 PM
I would love to see them make an attempt at Reddick , he is the closest thing we could hope to get in a Shazier replacement .... he can turn and run has great hips and good speed ....

why he is ( or may be ) on the market I honestly couldn't tell you ... asking price is sure to be high ...how high could be what determine if we even entertain the thoughts .

I personally ( if his health checks out ) would not be opposed at going as high as a 2nd round pick

BlackAndGold
10-08-2018, 01:37 PM
I like Reddick coming out of the draft last year but him being on the block after being a first round pick should be concerning? doubt he's moved.

Bucannon would be a real solid addition. He would bring coverage skills to the ILB position being a former safety.

Hound
10-08-2018, 01:42 PM
I’m giving a second all day for Reddick. He is the explosive athlete the defense is missing.

pczach
10-08-2018, 02:01 PM
If they were to acquire Reddick, they would suddenly get much more athletic at both ILB positions, and it would give them a lot of versatility as both positions would have players that are able to fly to the ball or to cover. Even if they keep Vince Williams and Bostic as starters, they would then either be able to play small behind the front 7 on early downs, and allow Reddick, Fort, and Thomas to all get snaps in obvious passing downs while keeping them fresh.....or they start Reddick, and keep him on the field as a 3-down player and simply work in the other guys to give him a break.

It would also mean one of the current ILB's are released. Who would go? Would they actually cut Matakevich? Fort? Thomas?

This would be a very interesting move. Imagine if the light goes on for Thomas, and Reddick and Thomas take over both ILB spots. Imagine the leap in athleticism!

You guys have me thinking about personnel groups! :scratchchin:

Dwinsgames
10-08-2018, 02:06 PM
If they were to acquire Reddick, they would suddenly get much more athletic at both ILB positions, and it would give them a lot of versatility as both positions would have players that are able to fly to the ball or to cover. Even if they keep Vince Williams and Bostic as starters, they would then either be able to play small behind the front 7 on early downs, and allow Reddick, Fort, and Thomas to all get snaps in obvious passing downs while keeping them fresh.....or they start Reddick, and keep him on the field as a 3-down player and simply work in the other guys to give him a break.

It would also mean one of the current ILB's are released. Who would go? Would they actually cut Matakevich? Fort? Thomas?

This would be a very interesting move. Imagine if the light goes on for Thomas, and Reddick and Thomas take over both ILB spots. Imagine the leap in athleticism!

for me in this scenario so long Dirty Red and wash my hands clean

BlackAndGold
10-08-2018, 02:12 PM
Reddick lost his job to Gerald Hodges.

Giving up a 2nd round pick is way too high.

BlackAndGold
10-08-2018, 02:17 PM
FWIW.

During the 2017 pre draft visits, the Steelers did not meet with Haason Reddick, but they did in fact have a visit with Deone Bucannon in 2014.

pczach
10-08-2018, 02:27 PM

Sorry, meant to say they could play small behind the DL....not the front 7. They already play small behind them! :lol:

Mojouw
10-08-2018, 02:30 PM
I like Reddick coming out of the draft last year but him being on the block after being a first round pick should be concerning? doubt he's moved.

Bucannon would be a real solid addition. He would bring coverage skills to the ILB position being a former safety.

To be fair, by the same logic Bucannon as another former 1st round pick that is being moved should be concerning as well...

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-08-2018, 02:35 PM
Reddick lost his job to Gerald Hodges.

Giving up a 2nd round pick is way too high.
I agree, there must be some red flags, or they otherwise are just testing the waters and not ready to give up on him just yet.

Buchanon I liked coming out of college, but he is more of a safety or Dime LB IMO. Isnt he really just a slightly bigger version of Edmunds that plays more physical, but not as good in coverage?

BlackAndGold
10-08-2018, 02:42 PM
I agree, there must be some red flags, or they otherwise are just testing the waters and not ready to give up on him just yet.

Buchanon I liked coming out of college, but he is more of a safety or Dime LB IMO. Isnt he really just a slightly bigger version of Edmunds that plays more physical, but not as good in coverage?

Yes Deone is a dimebacker. Don't think he has played safety since his rookie year.

I like him as a 3rd down player who can defend the middle of the field against TE's or chasing down RB's out of the backfield. He has dealt with some injuries though, so there is come concerns.

BlackAndGold
10-08-2018, 02:47 PM
To be fair, by the same logic Bucannon as another former 1st round pick that is being moved should be concerning as well...

Yes but doubt he'll cost as much in trade value since Deone is a FA after the season. If they can get Reddick for cheap they should go for it. Otherwise, big no for me.

steelreserve
10-08-2018, 03:53 PM
Couldn't do anything but help.

The way I look at it, we'll spend at least a second-round pick on the same position this off-season anyway and give him a year or two to possibly develop, or else be resigned to sucking for another year. Neither of those are very attractive options. If you can get an NFL player in exchange for a draft pick, you should do it.

Besides, on dysfunctional teams like PHX, who knows whether the "issues" are the player's fault or the team's.

86WARD
10-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Couldn’t be worse than spending a one on Dupree!

Hound
10-08-2018, 05:34 PM
Senior year, led the nation in tackles for loss. Former CB, guessing cover skills are above average for LB. Dominated senior bowl week. SPARQ score also through the roof. Someone will make move on him, why not the Steelers.

Steeldude
10-08-2018, 07:21 PM

This

- - - Updated - - -

Give the Cards Dupree and a 3rd or 4th rounder.

teegre
10-08-2018, 09:04 PM
Three-way trade:

Iggles get: Le’Veon Bell
Steelers get: Haason Reddick
Cards get: R2 pick (from Iggles)

Dwinsgames
10-08-2018, 09:10 PM
Three-way trade:

you can say that again ...

oh wait :scratchchin:

Born2Steel
10-08-2018, 09:10 PM
Reddick went in the first half of that draft's 1st round didn't he? At least check the price tag but I doubt he'll be affordable unless he's damaged goods.

teegre
10-08-2018, 09:11 PM
you can say that again ...

oh wait :scratchchin:

Perfectly played. :applaudit:

teegre
10-08-2018, 09:27 PM
Reddick went in the first half of that draft's 1st round didn't he? At least check the price tag but I doubt he'll be affordable unless he's damaged goods.

In my scenario, we’d essentially be swapping Bell’s contract for Reddick’s.

Dwinsgames
10-08-2018, 09:30 PM
In my scenario, we’d essentially be swapping Bell’s contract for Reddick’s.

and gain a couple years of a rookie deal in the process which is kind of a big deal

teegre
10-08-2018, 09:33 PM
and gain a couple years of a rookie deal in the process which is kind of a big deal

#RonBurgandy

BlackAndGold
10-08-2018, 09:33 PM
Reddick is still getting viewed as a 1st round player while not playing to that level.

The guy was benched. He is still a project.

teegre
10-08-2018, 09:36 PM
Reddick is still getting viewed as a 1st round player while not playing to that level.

The guy was benched. He is still a project.

True.

He has has more potential than Big Red. He plays a position of need. And, it gets rid of Bell... because, my gut tells me that Bell will come back, get paid $8 million, and then get sent home (wasted money).

BlackAndGold
10-08-2018, 09:44 PM
True.

He has has more potential than Big Red. He plays a position of need. And, it gets rid of Bell... because, my gut tells me that Bell will come back, get paid $8 million, and then get sent home (wasted money).

Looking up some players that were highly drafted and traded in their 2nd season and seeing the return to get an idea of Reddick's worth.

Eric Rowe(CB): drafted 46th overall by Philly in 2015, was traded to the Patriots for a conditional fourth-round draft pick in 2018
Reggie Ragland(ILB): drafted 41st overall by Buffalo in 2016, was traded to the Kansas City Chiefs for a fourth round draft pick in the 2019 NFL Draft

Reddick may have been drafted higher than those two but Reddick was overdrafted being picked 13th overall.

Hound
10-08-2018, 09:56 PM
Or the Cardinals may not know how to use him? Bucannon has had success with the Cardinals in the past and now with a new coaching staff he can’t see the field. Reddick was dominate his last year in college, he was dominate at the collegiate all star game, and he dominated the combine. Teams will be interested

pczach
10-09-2018, 05:26 AM
If they were to do a straight trade for Reddick, I wouldn't want to give up a second round pick to get him. Reddick hasn't proven himself in the NFL. I would offer them a fourth round pick. The Cards are trying to dump the salary of a guy that was selected 13th in the draft because they think he is underperforming, they are going nowhere this year, and they want to sign a splash free agent next year.

If they can snag him for a fourth round pick.....hell yeah!

Then if the Steelers are able to deal Bell and get a second round pick or better for him.....they have improved the team, upgraded the team speed and athleticism, and improved their draft for next year.

I would take this scenario in a heartbeat.

Hound
10-09-2018, 05:37 AM
Reddick is not making all that much money, he is still on his rookie deal. Ultimately I think he may be had for a third.

Ben Roethlisberger
10-09-2018, 06:20 AM

THATS FUNNY CAUSE BUD DUPREE IS TERRIBLE

EzraTank
10-09-2018, 08:35 AM
Three-way trade:

The Eagles don't have the Cap space and will have to pay Wentz very soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Or the Cardinals may not know how to use him? Bucannon has had success with the Cardinals in the past and now with a new coaching staff he can’t see the field. Reddick was dominate his last year in college, he was dominate at the collegiate all star game, and he dominated the combine. Teams will be interested

Yeah let's get our "crack" defensive staff working with him. He'll be covering no one just as well here.

Dwinsgames
10-09-2018, 09:03 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah let's get our "crack" defensive staff working with him. He'll be covering no one just as well here.

Eagles just cleared over 8 million on this years cap and nearly 12 million on next years with restructured deal ...

they have the money , question is what is their intent with that money

Hound
10-09-2018, 09:08 AM
Or he may inject some athleticism into a defense that is trying to have the lumbering Vince or the ginger cover down the seam. Or we can put in a smaller DB and have the opposing offense run all over us. I am a bit biased, I saw what the kid did in the senior bowl practices and wanted him to be a Steeler. I’m hoping Mr Colbert feels the same

pczach
10-09-2018, 11:08 AM
Eagles just cleared over 8 million on this years cap and nearly 12 million on next years with restructured deal ...

they have the money , question is what is their intent with that money

I was also reading in an article somewhere that they may be interested in moving Brandon Graham. I wanted that guy when he was available the last time.

Blue Marvel
10-09-2018, 11:28 AM
Are we really trusting this D coaching staff with these players though?

Hound
10-09-2018, 12:31 PM
The Eagles have contacted the Bills about McCoy

86WARD
10-09-2018, 01:22 PM

- - - Updated - - -

They “don’t” butbthey could easily get it after the restructure of Cox and unloading Foles and they’d still be able to sign Wentz with how their team/cap is set up.

86WARD
10-09-2018, 01:22 PM
The Eagles have contacted the Bills about McCoy

Lol...that would be great...

Iron Steeler
10-09-2018, 02:14 PM
He seems like a speed guy who doesn't know his angles. I would rather take a smart defensive player . That is what we are lacking is people understanding their assignments .

We are probably one of the more athletic defenses out there.

86WARD
10-09-2018, 04:34 PM
Meant to post in this thread. Arthur Moats releases by Cardinals.

Mojouw
10-09-2018, 05:11 PM
He seems like a speed guy who doesn't know his angles. I would rather take a smart defensive player . That is what we are lacking is people understanding their assignments .

We are probably one of the more athletic defenses out there.

Bostic, VW, Spence, Matakevich, Moats, etc all knew their assignments. And they are not able to execute them often because they lack high end athleticism. The argument can go both ways.

You just have to hope you can teach an athlete assignment and technique. You can't teach a tactician to run faster.

DesertSteel
10-09-2018, 06:11 PM
Lol...that would be great...
What would be great is sending Bell to Buffalo lol. Some think he wouldn’t go but I think he’ll go to the highest bidder.

Hound
10-09-2018, 06:15 PM
Talking about athletic ability, Mike Mayock pro comp for Reddick when he was coming out was Ryan Shazier.

86WARD
10-09-2018, 07:30 PM
What would be great is sending Bell to Buffalo lol. Some think he wouldn’t go but I think he’ll go to the highest bidder.

No. McCoy returning to Philadelphia. Would make Kelly look like a bigger buffoon than he already does.

teegre
10-09-2018, 10:19 PM
I was also reading in an article somewhere that they may be interested in moving Brandon Graham. I wanted that guy when he was available the last time.

#passrush

86WARD
10-10-2018, 04:27 AM
Buchanan is on an 8.7M club option and will be a free agent after the season. He’s also gotten terrible grades on PFF. Not really the kind of risk you want to take on a guy that’s gone from playing all snaps in Week 1, one in Week 3 and four Week 5.

Born2Steel
10-17-2018, 07:16 PM
Is he still available?