PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Can Beat the Heat

polamalubeast
09-22-2010, 11:28 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers faced more than just the Titans on Sunday. During the game, the Steelers had to withstand temperatures that were in excess of 90 degrees. Pittsburgh will play with similar conditions on Sunday when they face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. As the away team, Pittsburgh will have to wear their black jerseys in addition to weathering conditions that they are unused to.

“We have to play in it,” said head coach Mike Tomlin. “It’s going to be hot on their sideline as well. I’ve coached football down there. This time of year when you coach football down there you like to feel good about the climate in that it’s a winning edge. But the reality is that if you don’t get off the field and make the necessary plays you need to make it could hurt you. I’ve been a part of that. We’re not going to get too caught up in it.”

In Tennesee, the Steelers rotated offensive lineman to stave off dehydration, but Tomlin would not commit to doing that against the Buccaneers.

Read more: http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/pittsburgh-can-beat-the-heat/#ixzz10HCnKjYd

Pittsburgher
09-22-2010, 11:50 AM
SO TRUE! If TB thought their heat might get to us, then they were saddened to see us man-handle it with our black jerseys on last week! If anything, "maybe" we might be a little bit dehydrated. "Maybe"! But I'm sure MT had them all very aware of hydrating before, during, and certainly after last week's game.

fansince'76
09-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Then hydrate some more.

venom
09-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Then hydrate some more.

I'll drink to that

ALLD
09-22-2010, 01:00 PM
I live in 90* weather. It is way easier managing the heat than trying to get warm in a friggen blizzard.

Borski
09-22-2010, 02:29 PM
I live in 90* weather. It is way easier managing the heat than trying to get warm in a friggen blizzard.

I disagree, I love the cold, I much preferred living in PA with the blizzards then living down here in FL in the 95+ heat.

steeldevil
09-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Wow the first thing I thought of when I read the title was that the Steelers could beat the Miami Heat or something.... I was like WTF??

Kaeg
09-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Wow the first thing I thought of when I read the title was that the Steelers could beat the Miami Heat or something.... I was like WTF??

I think we could. The Heat can't hit you as hard as Silverback and Woodley!

stillers4me
09-22-2010, 04:41 PM
I think we could. The Heat can't hit you as hard as Silverback and Woodley!

Anybody ever been to Latrobe in August??? Don't ever say they aren't used to it.

TroysBarber
09-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Although it was hot in Tennessee, Tampa will be much more humid. I suspect that the weather will have more of an impact than it did last week. I still expect a win, but it won't be as easy as some here seem to think.

Nadroj 20
09-22-2010, 05:07 PM
The Miami Heat?

ohhh you mean the weather....ok well i think they can take it