PDA

View Full Version : Game Balls

st33lersguy
10-07-2018, 03:04 PM
Balls: James Conner- He was great and productive today. AB- first 100 yard day today and 2 TDs. LJ Fort- A sack and a TD, TJ Watt- Showed up in a big way today

86WARD
10-07-2018, 03:08 PM
Game Balls - Ben, AB and Conner on Offense. Watt, Fort and I hate to say it...it actually hurts me…the DBs.

Goats - Dupree and the stupid penalties. Throw the officials in there as well.

Edman
10-07-2018, 03:10 PM
James Conner only gets it for the Offense.

L.J Fort and T.J Watt on Defense.

Born2Steel
10-07-2018, 03:17 PM
Game ball offense: OL, Ben 250 yds, 3TDs, picked up a 1st running, only 1 INT. Conner 185 combined yards, 2 TDs, AB 101 yards, 2 TDs. JuJu 4 recs with a TD.

Game ball defense: Heyward and Tuitt played most of the snaps and kept the pocket crowded. Watt, Fort, Edmunds, Haden, Bostic, Davis, and Dupree all had 5 or more tackles today.

HM: Sutton and Matakevich played well enough today. 4 tackles each and made plays.

GoSlash27
10-07-2018, 03:41 PM
Another vote for Conner. The o- line was still leaky and not getting much of a push, but Conner ran with a lot of heart.

Mojouw
10-07-2018, 03:41 PM
The offense. Everything good that happened today happened because the offense put points up early and stayed ahead of the chains.

They could then lean on the run game.
That kept the defense fresh and able to generate pressure all game.
Pressure kept the secondary from getting exposed.
Playing with a two score lead most of the day allowed the defense to keep everything in front of them and force Atlanta to string plays together to beat them.

Everything about this game flowed from the offense putting up early points. They do that against most teams - they win because it allows them to scheme away from their problems not towards them.

Shoes
10-07-2018, 03:44 PM
Steelers & Browns :lol:

AtlantaDan
10-07-2018, 03:55 PM
Game balls - Conner, second half AB, first quarter & second half Ben, Watt and Butler :behindsofa:for a scheme to hold down Falcons

Participation trophy to Matt Ryan for becoming a strawman target of convenience for the in game thread :chuckle:

pczach
10-07-2018, 03:58 PM
Game balls - Conner, second half AB, first quarter & second half Ben, Watt and Butler :behindsofa:for a scheme to hold down Falcons

Participation trophy to Matt Ryan for becoming a strawman target of convenience for the in game thread :chuckle:

:rofl2:

Edman
10-07-2018, 03:58 PM
I think "Consistent Matt Ryan" will be a thing from here on.

pczach
10-07-2018, 04:07 PM
I think "Consistent Matt Ryan" will be a thing from here on.

Fans like you lose their minds after one play or one bad throw. Wait until the dust settles and then comment on a clear Hall of Fame player before trashing him. That's all anybody is asking.

From the time many of you were trashing Ben, he was absolutely brilliant the rest of the game.

Mojouw
10-07-2018, 04:09 PM
Fans like you lose their minds after one play or one bad throw. Wait until the dust settles and then comment on a clear Hall of Fame player before trashing him. That's all anybody is asking.

From the time many of you were trashing Ben, he was absolutely brilliant the rest of the game.

Stop being such a homer. The true way to demonstrate your detailed understanding of football and the depth of your fandom is to trash everything associated with your team as soon as the smallest thing goes wrong. if nothing goes wrong, just talk about how your squad isn't winning in a good enough manner.

Anything else is just drinking the kool-aid.

NCSteeler
10-07-2018, 04:15 PM
Why don't we just be honest and says after weeks of watching a shit show, the first sign of another shit show you assume e it'll be a full on crap the bed kind of game. And be surprised when they pull the head out of the ass

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

pczach
10-07-2018, 04:16 PM
Stop being such a homer. The true way to demonstrate your detailed understanding of football and the depth of your fandom is to trash everything associated with your team as soon as the smallest thing goes wrong. if nothing goes wrong, just talk about how your squad isn't winning in a good enough manner.

Anything else is just drinking the kool-aid.

https://media.giphy.com/media/ehkZNJsLEYtGw/giphy.gif

AtlantaDan
10-07-2018, 04:27 PM

Props to Ben for a great second half of football against a defense that certainly is not the second coming of the 76 Steelers

But given his performance in Cleveland and the second half of the Ravens game anyone (notably me) who was posting that he crapped the bed in the second quarter (with the cherry on top of the shit sundae being the INT at the end of the first half) was not just being unduly pessimistic after an otherwise great season

Might be better to just post after the game ends but like the game itself players have valleys and peaks during a game

:drink:

Edman
10-07-2018, 04:59 PM

When Ben is playing like shit, forcing balls to AB at the detriment of the offense, kills drives with bad throws or game-changing turnover, I'm going to call it out. Nuff said. That Redzone INT was inexcusable, especially when he had Conner open underneath.

And nobody said a word. I certainly didn't. Don't play like shit, fans won't trash you. Novel concept.

BlackAndGold
10-07-2018, 05:14 PM
Fort brings athleticism to the ILB position which has been missing since Shazier went down. Play him.

Also, let Haden shadow the opposing teams #1 WR more often. He's done it twice(other being Hopkins) so far with us and he was successful.

pczach
10-07-2018, 06:08 PM
Props to Ben for a great second half of football against a defense that certainly is not the second coming of the 76 Steelers

But given his performance in Cleveland and the second half of the Ravens game anyone (notably me) who was posting that he crapped the bed in the second quarter (with the cherry on top of the shit sundae being the INT at the end of the first half) was not just being unduly pessimistic after an otherwise great season

Might be better to just post after the game ends but like the game itself players have valleys and peaks during a game

Dan, I posted in the game day thread that his interception was indefensible. It was a stupid play and he deserved criticism for it.

However, there are always those that choose to go the route of saying that he is terrible. People saying that he's overrated. People saying that chump quarterbacks are better than him....etc....etc....

There's nothing wrong with criticizing a bad play.....but when people start to discredit his entire career, or lose their shit every time he makes a single mistake...….and then aren't man enough to come back later and say they were wrong when he lights it up....IMO it discredits everything those people have to say on the subject.

The other thing is that IMO, what you said in the thread isn't really going over the top with the criticism even if I don't agree. There are others that make claims that are so void of objectivity and are completely delusional. They are the people I am talking about.

Fire Goodell
10-07-2018, 07:04 PM
I VOTE FOR THE RAVENS LOSING TO THE BROWNS

Craic
10-07-2018, 07:54 PM
James Conner only gets it for the Offense.

L.J Fort and T.J Watt on Defense.

?????

We must have watched a different game. The game I saw, Ben went 19 for 29 with a 3 TDs and 1 INT for a 112.7 rating. He scrambled for first downs, he moved in the pocket and out of the pocket to extend plays. Sure, he missed a few throws and tried to force one, but so what. I'd take a 112 rating and 3 TD, 1 INT performance every day. So, yes, I give Ben a game ball on offense.

Conner, of course, gets a game ball. Great game by him.

AB gets an honorable mention. He gets it for his two TDs and 101 yards. It's only that because he was targeted 13 times but only caught 6 passes.

Smith-Schuster gets an HM for going 4 for 4 and getting the TD. It's only honorable because he has to make himself more available as a target (which he usually does).

On defense, Watt gets one. Butler gets one for dialing up a gameplan that worked.

Fort gets an HM for his play late in the game.

Special teams gets one. That what, 65 or so yard punt? talk about flipping the field. Then, there's the punt that bounced straight in to the air about fifteen feet at the three yard line. Unreal. Coverage was good, to, including the blocked punt.

Dishonorable mention goes to Boz.

The refs called a good game for the most part. The problem isn't them, it's the rules themselves and how tight the officials have been told to call games. Of course, it did look like Bostic leaned up and the drove the QB back to the ground on his penalty. What the ref couldn't see was that the QB's weight was being held up by the arm of another Steelers player, and he moved his arm. The QB went down, and Bostic's support was still the QB at the time, so he went down too. I guess I get why it was called. It did look back. I only really saw it after watching it in slow motion. So, I can't blame the refs for that. If the league fines him, however, I'll be pissed. There's absolute no reason to fine him for that play.

86WARD
10-07-2018, 09:30 PM
Ben also installed a new formation and 5-6 plays this week that they used today...

teegre
10-07-2018, 09:42 PM
Craic, AB might have only had 6 receptions out of 13 targets, but it’s not like those other 7 targets were drops by him. Heck, honestly... some of those targets weren’t anywhere close to catchable throws.

SUMMATION:
AB caught everything thrown at him (within a reasonable range).

DesertSteel
10-08-2018, 12:48 AM
Balls go to Conner and Watt. HM to Ben and AB.

SteelMember
10-08-2018, 09:22 AM
James (don't call me John) Conner

EzraTank
10-08-2018, 10:47 AM
Definitely Conner, but Ben had one up until his stupid INT at the end of the first half. After 15 years in the league he shouldn't be making those throws. Had the ST not blocked that punt this game is a nail biter.

The defense gets (yes I just typed that) HM for bending a lot and not breaking.

Craic
10-08-2018, 10:51 AM
Craic, AB might have only had 6 receptions out of 13 targets, but it’s not like those other 7 targets were drops by him. Heck, honestly... some of those targets weren’t anywhere close to catchable throws.

SUMMATION:
AB caught everything thrown at him (within a reasonable range).

I thought about that, too. But, I can't put that all on Ben. He's on the same page with the other WRs, so there's something going on with AB. Maybe just not on the same page, but he needs to figure it out because I really don't want Ben changing his game since he's hitting the other receivers pretty well.

43Hitman
10-08-2018, 06:39 PM
Game Balls

Offense: Ben, Conner, Oline

Defense: The entire unit

Special Teams: Nix, Berry

Goat: Boz :-(

Check out this nice top 10 plays. I really dig the camera angle on these highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaV4gjkviyI

Nix is just amazing, he is being held on his blocked punt and just powers right through it.

Craic
10-08-2018, 10:01 PM
Game Balls

Check out this nice top 10 plays. I really dig the camera angle on these highlights.

Nix is just amazing, he is being held on his blocked punt and just powers right through it.

I hate to say it, but according to the current rules, that Cameron Heyward sack should have been a 15 yard penalty. He struck the QB in the face with the side of his outstretched hand. of course, Falcons 73 has his left hand on the front of Watt's left shoudler and on the back of his right arm, standing behind him. Seems like holding to me as well. But, as we know, there's holding on every play and that just doesn't get called anymore.

43Hitman
10-08-2018, 10:09 PM
I hate to say it, but according to the current rules, that Cameron Heyward sack should have been a 15 yard penalty. He struck the QB in the face with the side of his outstretched hand. of course, Falcons 73 has his left hand on the front of Watt's left shoudler and on the back of his right arm, standing behind him. Seems like holding to me as well. But, as we know, there's holding on every play and that just doesn't get called anymore.

Yeah, I saw that too, but with the number of flags thrown that is complete horse shit, I figured they owed us at least one. I was actually chuckling to myself when I saw it. :chuckle:

DesertSteel
10-08-2018, 10:23 PM
I’ll give Butler a one-week reprieve from my ridicule while I’m in a good mood! Defense played great.

Hawkman
10-08-2018, 10:31 PM
Game Balls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaV4gjkviyI

He is my favorite player. His interview......”I just do my job”.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll give Butler a one-week reprieve from my ridicule while I’m in a good mood! Defense played great.

Thanks so much

teegre
10-09-2018, 06:48 AM

BUTLER METER:
10 Alfred Pennyworth
9 J.A.R.V.I.S.
8 Mr. Belvedere
7 Jeeves
6 Woodhouse
5 Benson
4 Coleman
3 Lurch
2 Riffraff
1 Bertram (from Jessie)

Dwinsgames
10-09-2018, 05:12 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DpF0eFFXoAIRHw2.jpg:large

teegre
10-09-2018, 09:54 PM
re: TWatt

He’s tied for first in the NFL (sacks). That said, his pattern is a 3-sack-game followed by three sackless games... and Twitter GMs ripping him for being a wasted pick. So, expect TWatt to have 3 sacks against the Panthers and 3 more against Da Raidahs... with armchair experts lambasting him in the other weeks. :jerkit:

Oh, and Dupree is tied for 21st (sacks). :lol:

DesertSteel
10-09-2018, 11:51 PM
My 13-year-old's favorite players are Watt, Juju and Conner. It's a new era.

Fire Goodell
10-10-2018, 12:23 AM
My 13-year-old's favorite players are Watt, Juju and Conner. It's a new era.

Juju became my favorite Steeler ever since he smashed Burfict. Speaking of current Steelers that is, all-time will always be Ward (big surprise lol)

GoSlash27
10-10-2018, 06:26 PM
BUTLER METER:
10 Alfred Pennyworth
9 J.A.R.V.I.S.
8 Mr. Belvedere
7 Jeeves
6 Woodhouse
5 Benson
4 Coleman
3 Lurch
2 Riffraff
1 Bertram (from Jessie)

Ouch! They held the vaunted Falcons offense to 17 points and still rate a "Belvedere"?? That's harsh! :D

teegre
10-11-2018, 05:51 AM
Ouch! They held the vaunted Falcons offense to 17 points and still rate a "Belvedere"?? That's harsh! :D

J.A.R.V.I.S. is reserved for games where the defense plays like our 2008 defense. Remember the MNF game against Washington, where Tomlin went for it on fourth down at his own 40... because, he knew his defense would hold if we didn’t convert. We didn’t convert, and Washington went three-&-out.

Alfred Pennyworth is a complete shutout: not just points-wise, but yardage-wise and such. Complete dominance (‘85 Bears, 2000 Ravens, ‘70s Steelers).

86WARD
10-11-2018, 07:45 AM
I think The Butler meter needs to be reorganized. Alfred and Jarvis seem to be in the right spots. Not sure Mr. Belvedere is up that high above Benson , Lurch Getting no respect and no love for Mrs. Garrett???

tube517
10-11-2018, 07:49 AM
I think The Butler meter needs to be reorganized. Alfred and Jarvis seem to be in the right spots. Not sure Mr. Belvedere is up that high above Benson and no love for Mrs. Garrett???

Somehow, Geoffrey from the Fresh Prince, is left out. :nono:

86WARD
10-11-2018, 07:53 AM
Somehow, Geoffrey from the Fresh Prince, is left out. :nono:

YES!!! Another great one!!!

teegre GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!!

:lol:

pczach
10-11-2018, 06:52 PM
BUTLER METER:
10 Alfred Pennyworth
9 J.A.R.V.I.S.
8 Mr. Belvedere
7 Jeeves
6 Woodhouse
5 Benson
4 Coleman
3 Lurch
2 Riffraff
1 Bertram (from Jessie)

How did Twiki not make this list?.....BIDI....BIDI.....BIDI.....

86WARD
10-12-2018, 01:07 PM

Nice Buck Rogers reference!!

vasteeler
10-12-2018, 01:43 PM

Haha!!

Craic
10-12-2018, 04:44 PM
Nice Buck Rogers reference!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1W6OlH3ms0

GBMelBlount
10-12-2018, 05:04 PM
Fixed it!

BUTLER METER:
10 Alfred Pennyworth
9 J.A.R.V.I.S.
8 Mr. Belvedere
7 Jeeves
6 Woodhouse
5 Benson
4 Coleman
3 Lurch
2 Riffraff
1 Bertram (from Jessie)
1/2 Tattoo

teegre
10-12-2018, 07:52 PM
Fixed it!

Bwahahaha!!! :toofunny:

Dwinsgames
10-12-2018, 10:24 PM
somebody call my name ?

https://cdn-ami-wordpress.heartyhosting.com/www.nationalenquirer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/herve-villechaize-tattoo-fantasy-island-sex-scandals-8.jpg?resize=1200%2C1200&ssl=1

Craic
10-13-2018, 01:12 AM
Reminds me of a very old Joke.

What kind of M & Ms does Tattoo like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlnOcZK892E

DesertSteel
10-13-2018, 01:27 AM
I never realized Tattoo was a butler!

86WARD
10-13-2018, 09:34 AM
Fixed it!

Another good entry. I think we need to redo the list...

teegre
10-13-2018, 10:21 AM
Another good entry. I think we need to redo the list...

I’ll work on it. :nod:

Maybe a list consisting of 15...???

Dwinsgames
10-13-2018, 10:54 AM

LARD has to be the " new standard" for horrible

but that would be " butter" but Butlers def is like butter ...easy to spread them out

pczach
10-13-2018, 11:25 AM

Does this mean that the Butler implosion meter goes from DEFCON 15 to DEFCON 1?

86WARD
10-13-2018, 02:37 PM

I think we need a community vote on the rankings/importance of the butlers...lol

Dwinsgames
10-13-2018, 05:21 PM
Max from heart to heart

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/31/32/db/3132db9dff2e2574a5ad044125e05307.jpg

Dwinsgames
10-13-2018, 05:27 PM
Lurch from the Addams family

http://enacademic.com/pictures/enwiki/76/Lurch.JPG

GoSlash27
10-14-2018, 06:15 PM
J.A.R.V.I.S. is reserved for games where the defense plays like our 2008 defense. Remember the MNF game against Washington, where Tomlin went for it on fourth down at his own 40... because, he knew his defense would hold if we didn’t convert. We didn’t convert, and Washington went three-&-out.

Alfred Pennyworth is a complete shutout: not just points-wise, but yardage-wise and such. Complete dominance (‘85 Bears, 2000 Ravens, ‘70s Steelers).

Oh, okay. I thought it scored the other way. So what's today's Butler- meter?

Best,
-Slashy

polamalubeast
10-14-2018, 06:38 PM
On the negative, the field position has been atrocious for the steelers today, especially in offense.

I mean, the steelers got 480 yards with only 28 points ..... the steelers had to have a 75-80 yard drive almost each time to score a TD.

The TD before the end of the first half that the steelers gave, the Bengals were already on the midfield ..... same thing for the first drive of the Bengals in the second half, but fortunately the steelers defense have made a stop this time.