PDA

View Full Version : ARTICLERyan Switzer Says He Couldn’t Have Been More Excited To Come To Pittsburgh

Shoes
10-04-2018, 01:18 PM
I was hoping we would have drafted this kid, glad we have him!

Some of the trades Kevin Colbert has made over the last decade simply haven’t worked out. Brandon Boykin? Looked good at the time. Real good. But it fell flat on its face. Justin Gilbert? Worth a shot, I guess. But definitely didn’t work out. J.J. Wilcox? Swing and a miss.
https://steelersdepot.com/2018/10/ryan-switzer-says-he-couldnt-have-been-more-excited-to-come-to-pittsburgh/

Edman
10-04-2018, 01:41 PM
Switzer is one of the few bright spots in this so far dismal season.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-04-2018, 01:51 PM
The guy has come in and handled the kick return, punt return duties, caught 11 passes, moved the chains and has a TD. ...and people here were complaining about him because we already had Quadree Henderson?? SMH.

steelreserve
10-04-2018, 02:55 PM
If I was a fan of the other team, I would constantly be screaming, "Why can't somebody stop that little bastard!" A great kind of player to have on your own team. We've made several failed attempts at that, but Switzer looks like the real deal.

steel striker
10-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Yes I really like him as well 100% everytime he touches the rock.

pczach
10-04-2018, 03:01 PM
He's been a real solid pickup. He can do just about anything they ask of him. He returns kicks and punts, he can take handoffs and run the ball, or he can line up in the slot and give them a super quick WR and a guy that can really run after the catch if they get him in space.

He's been a perfect fit. It's wonderful to have a professional return man that clearly knows what he's doing and gives the team decent field position, while also giving them a Swiss army knife with his versatility.

86WARD
10-04-2018, 03:31 PM
The guy has come in and handled the kick return, punt return duties, caught 11 passes, moved the chains and has a TD. ...and people here were complaining about him because we already had Quadree Henderson?? SMH.

When we traded for him I said he was worth the pick for the return game alone and everything above that was extra icing on the cake...

tube517
10-04-2018, 05:55 PM

His PR average alone is probably the sum total of the kick return average of Suckerpunch/Dookie/G. Russell/Jacoby Jones/Ricardo Colclough.

Shoes
10-04-2018, 06:39 PM
I don't remember which game it was when he fielded an over the shoulder punt. Pretty amazing.

Nice film breakdown from Alex last month.

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/09/film-room-ryan-switzer-shows-the-fundamentals-in-impressive-steelers-debut/

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
10-05-2018, 06:00 AM
Good player and sounds like a great person and has helped out and will continue to do so. Please lets make more trades with Oakland!

Born2Steel
10-05-2018, 07:44 AM
I don't know about complaining but I remember asking about the details of the trade and the value of a designated return guy vs the price. I thought we gave up a 3rd for some reason and that seemed high since we did have Henderson already. But once I got corrected that it was a 5th, and we basically just swapped picks I got on board. I'm always up for competition at every position. Switzer has played well up to now. With all the KOs needing to be returned so far this season I'm glad we got a reliable returner. His ability to play WR even just a little is a welcome bonus too. I'm excited he came to Pittsburgh as well.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-05-2018, 09:21 AM
I don't know about complaining but I remember asking about the details of the trade and the value of a designated return guy vs the price. I thought we gave up a 3rd for some reason and that seemed high since we did have Henderson already. But once I got corrected that it was a 5th, and we basically just swapped picks I got on board. I'm always up for competition at every position. Switzer has played well up to now. With all the KOs needing to be returned so far this season I'm glad we got a reliable returner. His ability to play WR even just a little is a welcome bonus too. I'm excited he came to Pittsburgh as well.

I recall you were a little confused about what the Steelers gave up for him, but Teegre simplified it (likely in a summation) that they basically traded back from the 5th round to the raiders 6th round pick to acquire Switzer.

I recall there were some that felt since he couldn't stick with the Cowboys or Raiders WR corps, that he would not be good enough to stick with the Steelers. Its about fit, in that the Steelers didn't have a slot WR with quickness, nor a sure handed returner for punts and KO. I recall the buzz about him in Senior Bowl week and happy he fits the gap the Steelers had in the return and receiving game.